NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4 - Page 43 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Post by Revraiser Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:24 pm

Mearcats wrote:Trade deadline has passed unfortunately @Pain so waivers is all you'll have to pick from

Wat do u mean ? A new round about to start, he will have the option until kickoff friday ?? Won't he....
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:25 pm

What a finish it will be if i give Welshy his first win and cop a relegation spot!

Post by Guest Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:14 pm

ryno_ wrote:L2 is going to be a bit of a fight to get into playoffs. Keep Calm and Kerryon had 1st place on lock about a month ago but (mathematically) teams 2-5 could all overtake or fall behind each other - although im feeling pretty safe with 200-300 point headstart on those catching.  

RANKTEAM RECORDFOR
    1Keep Calm and Kerryon12-1-01,436.08
    2Gurls Gone Wild8-5-01,428.80
    3Peaches and Kareem8-5-01,164.78
    4Pacey's Best7-6-01,218.46
    5JStevens2697-6-01,140.02

JagNation or myself could sneak into 4th place from 6th and 7th respectively, given our 'points for' record, but odds are against it, requires a win + Pacey & JS losing for Jag to get in, and a win + Pacey, JS & Jag losing for myself to take it
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:47 pm

Revraiser wrote:What a finish it will be if i give Welshy his first win and cop a relegation spot!  

Even I'm a bit torn with this result. A winless season is something truly special.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Pain wrote:Great summary @Random

I'm still in the fight.

If I win it benefits both of us!
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:08 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

If I win it benefits both of us!

Appreciate it mate
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Pain wrote:

Appreciate it mate

He picked up Samuels off the wire though...hopefully the Steelers have a quiet one lol
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:38 am

surmo13 wrote:JagNation or myself could sneak into 4th place from 6th and 7th respectively, given our 'points for' record, but odds are against it, requires a win + Pacey & JS losing for Jag to get in, and a win + Pacey, JS & Jag losing for myself to take it

JagNation has been on fire the last few weeks, going from dead last to 6th after 5 straight wins. With, uh, 3QB 3DEF on his roster.

I guess "fuck you they're mine" turned into "I'm going to fuck you".
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 am

Is @welshy ok? last I looked he hadn't set his team for last weeks matchup with doesn't seem like him.

U out there bro?
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:46 am

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo wrote:

JagNation has been on fire the last few weeks, going from dead last to 6th after 5 straight wins. With, uh, 3QB 3DEF on his roster.

I guess "fuck you they're mine" turned into "I'm going to fuck you".

Been my theory with RBs
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am

Is that you Ryno_ in L1 with about 20 RB1s in your squad? Smile

I personally dont get the strategy to be honest.... It makes sense to me if you are comfortably in the top 4 AND you think you have the team to win the playoffs, but otherwise my view is that holding all that value means a wasted opportunity to utilise some of those guys (who you dont consider starters) to upgrade your starting group and max your on points on any given week.

That was my theory behind trading TY, Lamar, and Gordon for A Brown. Those 3 weren't ever going to be in my starting team, so why not use them to grab another gun? At the end of the day I figured this was the only possible way I might be able to compete with Mearcats in the playoffs if I get that far. His team is mean!

Please let me know if I am missing something cause this is only my second year and I recognise Im not particularly good at this game Smile
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:02 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Is that you Ryno_ in L1 with about 20 RB1s in your squad? Smile

I personally dont get the strategy to be honest.... It makes sense to me if you are comfortably in the top 4 AND you think you have the team to win the playoffs, but otherwise my view is that holding all that value means a wasted opportunity to utilise some of those guys (who you dont consider starters) to upgrade your starting group and max your on points on any given week.

That was my theory behind trading TY, Lamar, and Gordon for A Brown. Those 3 weren't ever going to be in my starting team, so why not use them to grab another gun? At the end of the day I figured this was the only possible way I might be able to compete with Mearcats in the playoffs if I get that far. His team is mean!

Please let me know if I am missing something cause this is only my second year and I recognise Im not particularly good at this game Smile

L2 - I had 6 but picked up Samuels this week for a 7th.

2 QB. 2WR. 1TE. 1K. 2DST. 7RB.

But yeah, thats kind of my theory... I was never going to pick up a WR good enough to push Evans or Woods onto the bench so I may aswell stockpile RBs, since its the hardest position to fill (although TE is a bit of bother aswell).
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:57 am

Limp Trubiskit is the one in L1 with a bundle of RBs. Ryno is in L2 this year tho looks set for a promotion next year, he and I went toe to toe two years back in my first year in NFL fantasy with him getting the goodies at the end IIRC.

I can see the value in holding that many RBs mid to late in the season. I kinda look at it in a way that if I can't get someone to upgrade my position that I know I will start week in week out (say at WR) then there's not a great deal of point in it. I had Edelman from the get go but he was never making my roster so offloaded him to Pain for Ebron. Big gamble considering at that time Ebron was playing second fiddle and he goosed me one week but since then has been solid. The only other trades in disappointed I didn't pull the trigger in was Phillip Lindsay with Pain as well. I came very close to trading Ingram for Amari Cooper with Jelejesof but couldn't see him bumping Hill or Evans out of my starting line-up. Then it becomes a matter of how much can dropping one of those players hurt me... I.e. I know if I drop Ingram or Marlon for a WR they'll be gobbled straight up off the waiver wire, and if they were taken by a team I had to yet play and it came back to haunt me I'd be pissed. So easier to just hold em so no one else can have em. Kind of akin to grabbing someone's handcuff to put you in a better position.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:04 am

In hindsight, I've learnt a few things that I'll try implement next year. With so much RB depth early on I was in a good position to make a move for a WR upgrade by doing a double or triple trade like RnT but didn't pull the trigger on that which I think I would do next year. I want to be more active in trade talks and less dependent on waivers. Fortunately, I haven't relied to heavily on waivers this year after getting it pretty right from the draft stage.

Still a couple of games to go and I'm happy knowing I'll be in L1 again next year but last year I got knocked outta the finals in straight sets after convincingly taking the regular season so aiming to rectify that this year.

Also, on a non NFL topic, kinda keen to do a draft NRL comp as well as the regular fantasy for next season. Would be neat if we could make that happen.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:13 am

What's a draft NFL comp mate?

The risk of the trade I made is it basically left me with no depth. Its basically an all in play to have a better chance of winning the league at the risk of potentially having the worst squad on paper if injury hit...

Im that kind of person in fantasy though; happy to risk everything so long as I give myself the best chance of winning.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:18 am

Limp has a crazy amount of good RBs:

L Fournette
    A Jones
    J Connor
    K Drake
    M Gordon
    K Johnson
    S Michel

You could make a case for 5 of those being top 10 or very near to it and another 2 being top 20 or so.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:59 am

bad day to be all in on Manny Sanders throughout my leagues, especially the day after waivers cleared, the cupboard is pretty bare as far as replacements go
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:39 pm

JagNation or myself could sneak into 4th place from 6th and 7th respectively, given our 'points for' record, but odds are against it, requires a win + Pacey & JS losing for Jag to get in, and a win + Pacey, JS & Jag losing for myself to take it[.

I might be able to do my part. I have to take on Keep Calm and Kerryon who's only had one loss all season. I don't like my chances.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:JagNation or myself could sneak into 4th place from 6th and 7th respectively, given our 'points for' record, but odds are against it, requires a win + Pacey & JS losing for Jag to get in, and a win + Pacey, JS & Jag losing for myself to take it[.

I might be able to do my part. I have to take on Keep Calm and Kerryon who's only had one loss all season. I don't like my chances.

Did I miss something or are you talking in the 3rd person ? Aren't you Pacey ?
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:56 pm

Lol, he didn't originally post it, just didn't come up in the "quoted" box for some reason.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:32 am