NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Mearcats
    Mearcats

NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4 - Page 31 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy Thread Part 4

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Kinda how my team is atm when Ingram and Kamara are out. Boom or bust. Edelman will be consistent tho Pain has offered me up a very juicy trade on him so may be gone from my squad tonight.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:07 pm

I got lucky and grabbed Marlon Mack off the trash pile afyer someone dumped him... Whoever that was, thanks. Heh. Here's hoping he can stay injury free, looks like Indys no. 1 run option
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Mearcats wrote:I got lucky and grabbed Marlon Mack off the trash pile afyer someone dumped him... Whoever that was, thanks. Heh. Here's hoping he can stay injury free, looks like Indys no. 1 run option

I dumped him after he had been kept out for so long and there wasn't even rumours of him making the next game. Very next week he is back and looking solid with no injury concerns.

I am genuinely upset by that.

I wouldn't mind trading for Kamara if he is available.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:18 pm

How do IR injuries work in the NFL. I have Devonta Freeman and from what I read, he won't be back to till week 15. Can he come back earlier or is week 15 the earliest?
    Who has him in League 1? What to do with him?
    Is he worth keeping till week 15 or might as well drop him for a healthy player?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 pm

RnT I wanna talk about Mixon & Miller.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:36 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:How do IR injuries work in the NFL. I have Devonta Freeman and from what I read, he won't be back to till week 15. Can he come back earlier or is week 15 the earliest?
    Is he worth keeping till week 15 or might as well drop him for a  healthy player?

there used to be an IR feature where you didn't have to drop them and they didn't take up a bench spot mate, not sure if removed or not originally selected when setting up league
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:43 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Pacey's Best wrote:How do IR injuries work in the NFL. I have Devonta Freeman and from what I read, he won't be back to till week 15. Can he come back earlier or is week 15 the earliest?
    Is he worth keeping till week 15 or might as well drop him for a  healthy player?

there used to be an IR feature where you didn't have to drop them and they didn't take up a bench spot mate, not sure if removed or not originally selected when setting up league

I thought the IR Feature was apart of the ESPN league mate. But I think Pacey is talking about IR in the NFL specifically not fantasy.

Week 15 is the absolute earliest he could possibly come back now that he is placed on IR. It is also unlikely he even comes back then. Also keep in mind the Falcons are 2-4 so aren't looking like Playoff Contention team so they may just keep Freeman out for the year and let him recover.

"The Falcons are allowed to bring two players back from IR. Freeman wouldn't be able to return to practice until six weeks from Tuesday, and he can't play in a game until the Falcons face the Panthers on Dec. 23. His return likely wouldn't happen, however, if the Falcons aren't in the playoff picture."
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Random wrote:

I thought the IR Feature was apart of the ESPN league mate. But I think Pacey is talking about IR in the NFL specifically not fantasy.

Week 15 is the absolute earliest he could possibly come back now that he is placed on IR. It is also unlikely he even comes back then. Also keep in mind the Falcons are 2-4 so aren't looking like Playoff Contention team so they may just keep Freeman out for the year and let him recover.

"The Falcons are allowed to bring two players back from IR. Freeman wouldn't be able to return to practice until six weeks from Tuesday, and he can't play in a game until the Falcons face the Panthers on Dec. 23. His return likely wouldn't happen, however, if the Falcons aren't in the playoff picture."

Valuable info Random. Cheers bloke.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:38 am

Put out 5 trades consisting of guys who I am interested in. Just trying to get their value and everything to work out some trades.

Either PM or counter with guys you are keen on. Also this week will suck as I watch Gurley not only rip apart my 49ers but dismantle my Fantasy team as well.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:19 am

Thanks guys. For such a good player, it's a shame that Devonta was no value at all this season. Rest up son. See you next season.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Mearcats wrote:Kinda how my team is atm when Ingram and Kamara are out. Boom or bust. Edelman will be consistent tho Pain has offered me up a very juicy trade on him so may be gone from my squad tonight.

lets do it!
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:40 pm

I have Freeman and will probably drop him. I couldn't handcuff him on draft day but I picked up Ito Smith off the waivers to offset him somewhat. Considering I've (we've) been playing with effectively one less bench spot all season it's not really any different haha
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:50 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:

I have Freeman and will probably drop him. I couldn't handcuff him on draft day but I picked up Ito Smith off the waivers to offset him somewhat. Considering I've (we've) been playing with effectively one less bench spot all season it's not really any different haha

I've dropped Freeman today and you're right. We've gone this long basically without him so not much has changed, although each of the last few weeks, I've looked at my side and thought it's going to be so much better when Freeman comes back from his foot injury and now he's gone with a groin injury. Oh well, wasn't to be...............
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Random wrote:Put out 5 trades consisting of guys who I am interested in. Just trying to get their value and everything to work out some trades.

Either PM or counter with guys you are keen on. Also this week will suck as I watch Gurley not only rip apart my 49ers but dismantle my Fantasy team as well.

Mate, they didn't come through?? ....unless you don't like my team....
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:26 pm

@Enchanted Glossy Flamingo - Ref the trade rejection. Sorry but I couldn't see a spot to explain.
    I'm only after a decent TE for the bye week, so not willing to part with a guy that I'm regularly using (read:needing).

your additional doesn't help me cause I'd need to dump another. Which I'm not really keen to do otherwise I'll just waiver wire someone to milk a couple of points.

At this stage, I'm going to let Jimmy Graham earn me a big fat goose egg.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:41 am

BroncHose wrote:@Enchanted Glossy Flamingo  - Ref the trade rejection. Sorry but I couldn't see a spot to explain.
    I'm only after a decent TE for the bye week, so not willing to part with a guy that I'm regularly using (read:needing).

your additional doesn't help me cause I'd need to dump another. Which I'm not really keen to do otherwise I'll just waiver wire someone to milk a couple of points.

At this stage, I'm going to let Jimmy Graham earn me a big fat goose egg.

Yeah I realised that after I sent it, was just curious how high you were on Njoku independent of JG. Even though I'm really thin at WR this week because of byes I'm not really looking for WR2/3 depth like Shephard at the moment, more someone with WR1 upside who can cover Tate/Adams if they go down or even possibly replace Tate ROS.

Feeling pretty good about my team at the moment too
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:11 am

Random wrote:RnT I wanna talk about Mixon & Miller.

Hey mate, could you PM me with ideas? Was it you who sent the trade through? sorry get confused between names on here and team names.

I've been a bit short on time recently so haven't had a chance to look at options.

My problem is though that Im a bit short on RBs.... so I feel like Id need to be getting something pretty impressive in return...
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:56 am

Aren't you a Chargers fan @Welshy? You going to the game?
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:44 pm

My god the Cardinals are bad
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Its cringe worthy

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:35 pm