NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Fortitude
    Fortitude

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Fortitude Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:08 pm

Fraser wrote:As a Cotric owner I'm worried about the possible move to fullback. So many of his points are a result of the hard tackle breaking runs out of his own half which I'm guessing he would lose the bulk of. The raiders have also been favouring their left side attack and he would no longer be on the end of those plays. Sure he will pick up some extra stats elsewhere but I can actually see him averaging less at fullback then on the wing. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Croker must have moved sides if the raiders are favouring his side for attack.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 29 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:12 pm

SI wrote:
    PM me with any tech needs WL, I'll walk ya through it!

Will do brother.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Croker must have moved sides if the raiders are favouring his side for attack.

I think they definitely have been going Croker and Cotrics side a lot more.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:29 pm

wolfking wrote:

THe problem seems to be that Wighton gets in, cuts out Croker to Cotric. Or, Whitehead (who I think for some reason has played that side more regularly) runs across the field and offloads to croker once all options are expired leaving croker to take the tackle for no M gain.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:33 pm

The latest I've read re Wighton on sc addicts. He has flown to Brisbane & will play this weekend. The Raiders have said they will continue to play him until the charge is laid down.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:35 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah with no Rapana the left edge is getting more attacking ball.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:59 pm

Wighton is one of Stuarts's favourites. The only way he won't play is when he legally can't play or the nrl bans him. It's important to note it's Wighton's first offence before the courts so he just made 1 stupid mistake. Didn't we say when Scott smashed Walker "talk shit & get hit" & we were all happy about it. Well Wighton did the same thing but it wasn't on the football field. I also respect Wighton for being a stand up guy & manning up & pleading guilty instead of trying to worm his way out of it with fancy lawyers. Of course the real guilty party in this is the liquor industry who continue to peddle their poison. Wighton drunk ends up in court versus Wighton sober who doesn't end up in court.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:13 pm

The government in NZ sucks the kock of the liquor industry. They know if they come down hard they will lose their big money donations which is essentially hush money. So when another person dies in an alcohol related death the government has blood on it's hands.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:14 pm

White Lightning wrote:Wighton is one of Stuarts's favourites. The only way he won't play is when he legally can't play or the nrl bans him. It's important to note it's Wighton's first offence before the courts so he just made 1 stupid mistake. Didn't we say when Scott smashed Walker "talk shit & get hit" & we were all happy about it. Well Wighton did the same thing but it wasn't on the football field. I also respect Wighton for being a stand up guy & manning up & pleading guilty instead of trying to worm his way out of it with fancy lawyers. Of course the real guilty party in this is the liquor industry who continue to peddle their poison. Wighton drunk ends up in court versus Wighton sober who doesn't end up in court.

The guy made two choices, One to drink and two to throw his fists about. That's on him not the alcohol.

If he gets behind the wheel of a car drunk and kills someone is that the alcohols fault too?

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

White Lightning wrote:The government in NZ sucks the kock of the liquor industry. They know if they come down hard they will lose their big money donations which is essentially hush money. So when another person dies in an alcohol related death the government has blood on it's hands.

liquor, tobacco, gambling... too much money funnelled into the government and it will take a massive cultural shift to change that even though these industries continue to destroy lives.

Of course there is the argument of "I'm not abusing them therefore not my problem." and of personal responsibility.

I've always said that the biggest cultural difference I was surprised about when moving to Australia was how gambling was so deep-rooted in Australian life.
    Advertising everywhere, pokies everywhere, people talking about their bets in the office almost daily, majority in punting clubs of some sort, heck its a statewide holiday when the Cup is on in VIC.

In terms of alcohol, I am glad that there's still a lot of research being done into exactly how bad it is for us - the myth of "a glass of red wine a day is good for you" has been dispelled but like the tobacco companies, the alcohol industry will discredit and fight any research that says it's harmful.

ANYWAY, back to fantasy.

Waiting a week on Fainu and Lewis. Be interesting to see how they go, especially Fainu who has big wraps on him.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:27 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

The guy made two choices, One to drink and two to throw his fists about. That's on him not the alcohol.

If he gets behind the wheel of a car drunk and kills someone is that the alcohols fault too?

That's very true & I agree 100%. Everyone is 100% accountable for their actions but alcohol impairs your judgement so you never make the correct decision. If Wighton was sober he would of handled the abuse he received in a much better way & walked away. When you're cut you don't have the ability to think appropriately & then all of a sudden you're fighting 3 blokes. Look at all domestic violence it's mostly fuelled by alcohol. Look at all the carnage on the roads most is fuelled by alcohol. Most assualts are fuelled by alcohol. A & E doctors have been trying for years to get governments to come down hard on alcohol because they see first hand the result of alcohol abuse.
    hymenbustas
    hymenbustas

Post by hymenbustas Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:30 pm

White Lightning wrote:Of course the real guilty party in this is the liquor industry who continue to peddle their poison. Wighton drunk ends up in court versus Wighton sober who doesn't end up in court.

Ha, can't say I agree with this. Everyone has choices. He made dumb ones and facing the consequences. No one else's fault but his

Last edited by hymenbustas on Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:30 pm

Sorry boys I got carried away from our core subject which is fantasy footy.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Video apparently shows some guy, who is significantly smaller than wighton towel him up. Maybe he plead guilty so it doesn't get released.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:38 pm

White Lightning wrote:

That's very true & I agree 100%. Everyone is 100% accountable for their actions but alcohol impairs your judgement so you never make the correct decision. If Wighton was sober he would of handled the abuse he received in a much better way & walked away. When you're cut you don't have the ability to think appropriately & then all of a sudden you're fighting 3 blokes. Look at all domestic violence it's mostly fuelled by alcohol. Look at all the carnage on the roads most is fuelled by alcohol. Most assualts are fuelled by alcohol. A & E doctors have been trying for years to get governments to come down hard on alcohol because they see first hand the result of alcohol abuse.

Yeah fair play WL.

I just think people's willpower as a whole is dwindling. There always seems to be a way out of a situation. I'm a happy drunk who's never been in a fight so what do I know about his situation.

Back to fantasy.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:50 pm

Raymond Faitala-Mariner has been ruled out for the season after suffering a PCL injury to go along with a broken hand. Disappointing to see him miss the next 10+ weeks, wish him the best with recovery
    Via nrl physio
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:51 pm

WT2K wrote:Raymond Faitala-Mariner has been ruled out for the season after suffering a PCL injury to go along with a broken hand. Disappointing to see him miss the next 10+ weeks, wish him the best with recovery
    Via nrl physio

Poor bugger, was having a great season.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:52 pm

WT2K wrote:Raymond Faitala-Mariner has been ruled out for the season after suffering a PCL injury to go along with a broken hand. Disappointing to see him miss the next 10+ weeks, wish him the best with recovery
    Via nrl physio

That's a tough break.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:53 pm

Poor bugger.

PCL in the knee??
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:54 pm

filthridden wrote:OK so this the season-ending or close to injuries so far this season:

Edwards, Mansour, Wallace
    Sam Hoare, Morgan, Moga, Tony Williams
    Beau Scott, Sam McKendry
    Jordan McLean, Curtis Sironen, Lachie Croker, Tanginoa

Plus Pearce, Pulu, Gillett who all will most 10+ rounds.

That's excluding players who are fringe first graders like Roache, Payne Haas etc.

More likely an injury will be "season ending" as that's fewer and fewer weeks in the season.

Only posted this a week ago and now we add Ma'u, RFM and some others to the list.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:51 am