NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Welshy
    Welshy

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 8:12 pm

danseels1985 wrote:@welshy yeah fair enough. Just pull the trigger on both trades then even if they aren't bye friendly? Think I just want my final 17 assembled ASAP regardless and I guess bringing in Arrow first is better and then find a way to bring Jurbo in after round 17?
    Arrow is averaging more regardless, JTurbo is an origin certainty, Arrow is just a shot so should come in first, plus he is cheaper

JTurbo on averages scores 226 points, Arrow scores 254 if origin or 317.5 without  Shocked Shocked
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45 - Page 30 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 45

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 22, 2018 8:16 pm

My thought with trading out Havili is that Hodgson could possibly be back before 17 rendering Havili not much use as a hold??

PS not 100% sure on Hodgson return but it's a thought
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 8:17 pm

TheBadger wrote:Need to trade Rein out for someone. Gonna keep Thompson until r13 with his move to wing and Lamb/Cogger until that situation settles down a bit. Keen for a cow, thoughts on Brimson and Fonua? Brimson looked decent for me last week.

Actually, Brimson looked avg in his first week but that can be put down to any number of things. He also didn't blow me away in the first 40 of last week but came good. He's been instructed to do what he does best and run the ball, and also been given a bit of security in his position.

I grabbed him two weeks ago, no regrets. Pretty solid option mate.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue May 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Billsill wrote:Hey guys. Any love this week for big herman ese'ese?

5 game avg of 55.8, BE of 31 and now starting this week.....

$710k......... Yay or Nay?

I've had a sneaky look. He has been starting mainly though.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 8:19 pm

Weiland wrote:

Hey mate, what would you suggest between trading Kikau/Havili to Fifita/Tohu or JFH/Havili to Taupau/Tohu.

Current team

Cook
    Kikau/Arrow
    JTurbo/Murray/JFH
    DCE/Matterson
    Marsters/Aitken
    Ponga/TTurbo/JMK

Smith/Su'a/Martin/RFM
    Fonua/Katoa/Brimson/Havili

Heya @Weiland bro... I'd be out of Havilii and into Fifi. Harris can wait for the moment. Gonna be a good rd 14 pick up but no point in grabbing him for one weeks scores, he shouldn't get too outta reach.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue May 22, 2018 8:20 pm

@Mearcats Hey mate, seem to miss ya everytime you're on haha but would love some thoughts

Foreword- I'm not worried about byes, just getting my 17 together and hoping for the best.

This week: Rein + Kikau > Fifita + Brimson ($680k ITB)
    Next week: JFH + Murray/TPJ + Isaako + JMK > Macca/Matterson + Turbo + Aitken + Gutherson (Most bank gone)

Alternatively, I get Fifita and Taupau this week, and swap the Guth trade for base price cash out.

Team next week post-trades:

Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Harris Taumalolo Crichton
    ARey DCE
    Mitchell Aitken
    Ponga Turbo Guth

Smith Macca/Matterson TPJ Martin

or

Cook
    Arrow Fifita
    Harris Taumalolo Crichton
    ARey DCE
    Mitchell Aitken
    Ponga Turbo Phillips

Smith Taupau Macca/Matterson TPJ
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm

White Lightning wrote:@ Mearcut. I don't want to play Maloney this week so is Maloney to Matterson worth it even though his b/e is 73. Cheers mate.

I wouldn't wanna play him either mate! The Friz gonna wreck him!

Maloney to Matterson not a bad option, obvs you need a half this week? Preferably you'd grab an SJ type for the season out but Matters should still be a season keeper IMO. We never worry about BE's for season keepers bro, you get em for the points and saving a trade on chasing other rubbish, not for the coin they'll make or lose.

I'd be happy to go Matters, personally gonna take a gamble on Guth tho.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

Billsill wrote:Hey guys. Any love this week for big herman ese'ese?

5 game avg of 55.8, BE of 31 and now starting this week.....

$710k......... Yay or Nay?

Haven't looked at it in depth but those stats look juicy... Gimme a bit and I'll look further into it bro!
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

I've had Harris from the start but the other massively underpriced 2nd bye player is Issac Luke. Averaging over 50 in games other than the two he got injured in but priced at under 40.

This one kind of slipped by, but anyone have thoughts on this? I've also been looking at Isaac Luke this week too. The two things against him, for me, at the moment, is that he'll clear a lot of the bank balance I was saving for some big trades next week... but mainly, is he too much of an injury risk?

If I brought him in it would be as a bench keeper. Is he likely to stay fit, or would he always be an injury risk? Already tried Dugan this year (and if I'd known he was going to be back later that week - or close enough to that - I'd have kept him) and don't really want to go down the path of an injury risk again. Is he one, or am I being paranoid?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 22, 2018 8:24 pm

BUMP

Which option do you guys like?

Sorenson and Havili out.

A: Fonua and Crichton/Fitzgibbon
    B: TMM and Taupau

Think I'm leaning more towards A.

Thoughts lads?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue May 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Mearcats wrote:

I wouldn't wanna play him either mate! The Friz gonna wreck him!

Maloney to Matterson not a bad option, obvs you need a half this week? Preferably you'd grab an SJ type for the season out but Matters should still be a season keeper IMO. We never worry about BE's for season keepers bro, you get em for the points and saving a trade on chasing other rubbish, not for the coin they'll make or lose.

I'd be happy to go Matters, personally gonna take a gamble on Guth tho.
    Guth over Matterson for you mate?

Guth won't be kicking goals, avg 42 there last year which I think takes him out of the gun WFB tier, looking at an avg under 40 without GK

unless you are using him a short term R13 playing cow getting good (35-45) scores in the interim but upgrading later
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 22, 2018 8:26 pm

JFH > Arrow

Second trade... Havili > Terepo

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Harris Tolo Murray
    JMK Matterson
    Isaako Hiku
    Ponga Mitchell Brimson
    TPJ Terepo Martin Kikau
    RFM Su’A Koro Soro

Trades in next week: Teddy or TTurbo, Origin fill in

Trades in future: Smith, some bloke playing centre or wfb
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:BUMP

Which option do you guys like?

Sorenson and Havili out.

A: Fonua and Crichton/Fitzgibbon
    B: TMM and Taupau

Think I'm leaning more towards A.

Thoughts lads?

A: I like Fitz, I've got Crichton but regret that now. Fonua is good but any other cheaper options you'd consider?
    B: Taupau likely around his peak unless he pumps out a massive score. I don't like the TMM trade

Overall, A is better but I'd still go for B if there was a better cheap option.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

This one kind of slipped by, but anyone have thoughts on this? I've also been looking at Isaac Luke this week too. The two things against him, for me, at the moment, is that he'll clear a lot of the bank balance I was saving for some big trades next week... but mainly, is he too much of an injury risk?

If I brought him in it would be as a bench keeper. Is he likely to stay fit, or would he always be an injury risk? Already tried Dugan this year (and if I'd known he was going to be back later that week - or close enough to that - I'd have kept him) and don't really want to go down the path of an injury risk again. Is he one, or am I being paranoid?  

The injuries are worrying me too, and I'm not looking for him this week (BE still around 53 then bye) but then two weeks to recuperate I'll probably look to get him in as a gamble on a 17/18 man cut price keeper.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 pm

mickspicks wrote:JFH > Arrow

Second trade... Havili > Terepo

Cook
    Fifita Arrow
    Harris Tolo Murray
    JMK Matterson
    Isaako Hiku
    Ponga Mitchell Brimson
    TPJ Terepo Martin Kikau
    RFM Su’A Koro Soro

Trades in next week: Teddy or TTurbo, Origin fill in

Trades in future: Smith, some bloke playing centre or wfb

Is Terepo a keeper trade or just a value option? Hell yes to Arrow.

Macca will be cheap as chips as a Smith alternative
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

A: I like Fitz, I've got Crichton but regret that now. Fonua is good but any other cheaper options you'd consider?
    B: Taupau likely around his peak unless he pumps out a massive score. I don't like the TMM trade

Overall, A is better but I'd still go for B if there was a better cheap option.

Yeah I'm a fan of Fitz, he and Ponga have struck up a good understanding.

I don't think there's anyone cheaper that is remotely useful is there?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Yeah I'm a fan of Fitz, he and Ponga have struck up a good understanding.

I don't think there's anyone cheaper that is remotely useful is there?

Fitz has moved over to the right the past couple of weeks so less Ponga linkups. He may very well move back left though, given Brown's obsessive tinkering.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Tue May 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

He almost played the week after a dislocated shoulder. Even if he did get injured he'd probably be back a week later. Other concern is he'll probably play the Denver test. However, great price for his points so very cut-price. He might be worth a punt if you can have someone cover him over the Denver test
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue May 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:

Is Terepo a keeper trade or just a value option? Hell yes to Arrow.

Macca will be cheap as chips as a Smith alternative

I’m not sure if I am going to follow through on Terepo. In my mind if he bangs out an average of 40 in the next three games he makes about 70k. He’d be used for value purposes but depending on how he tracks could stick around as an 18-21 option.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 22, 2018 8:40 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Fitz has moved over to the right the past couple of weeks so less Ponga linkups. He may very well move back left though, given Brown's obsessive tinkering.

Heighington getting more minutes would be nice.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:00 pm