NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Milchcow Fri May 04, 2018 3:21 pm

The stacked deck theory is the same as saying that someone is 'due' for a big score.

I'd much rather be hoping a good player continues to score well than hoping a bad player suddenly finds form
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38 - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 38

Post by Revraiser Fri May 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Isaako's right hand is neither the ground, nor an opponent. So the movement of the ball before hitting it is irrelevant.

This. End of. Why is this so hard to get ??

My question is totally different though - if an Nrl player knocks on whilst strolling the forest, but no mug punter sees the action, was there ever a knock on ? Just sayin....

Beer
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    The stacked deck theory is the same as saying that someone is 'due' for a big score.

I'd much rather be hoping a good player continues to score well than hoping a bad player suddenly finds form

I'm due for a round in which all my players do well... a wookiee can dream right?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Revraiser wrote:

My question is totally different though  - if an Nrl player knocks on whilst strolling the forest, but no mug punter sees the action, was there ever a knock on ? Just sayin....

Beer

Here's an example of TPJ knocking on

TPJ knock-on:
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Fri May 04, 2018 3:31 pm

Revraiser wrote:

My question is totally different though  - if an Nrl player knocks on whilst strolling the forest, but no mug punter sees the action, was there ever a knock on ? Just sayin....

Beer

Asking the real questions. You're a true visionary
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 04, 2018 3:32 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I just can't decide which is more exciting. Bad calls or owed stats  Rolling Eyes

I'm just gonna say my piece and leave it at that.  Rant

Agree that there are heaps of terrible calls every week. Some worse than others and it doesn't matter if it goes upstairs or not most of the time. Just as quick examples. Slaters drop kick try, Nenes finger control try vs the chooks (video), Sutton got a forward pass last week. Some calls affect the flow of the game horrendously and some don't end up mattering. There's way too many like this in the last 3 rds that I just move on and go to the next week. Refs make calls at full speed to the best of their ability. They aren't paid well enough to do anything more. Don't like that? Then get ready for slow penalty filled games where we get overcalls from the bunker, every play is reviewable and the rules don't have any common sense because computerised robot refs need specific conditions to ref the game but we get perfect decisions. Try applying common sense? Refs don't have anything hard or fast to go on and the grey area of a refs call is complained about as we do now.

Part of sport for me has always been about managing the very human refs and the bulldogs were hopeless at it last night. I've reffed before (scoially mind you) and its a bloody rough job. I'm certainly not counting the penalties or anything I'm just trying to keep the game flowing and doing the best job I can in accordance with the rules.

Mbye was just lazy to not try and take the kick on the full and didn't trust his teammate to prevent the try so he doubled down and pushed a player sideways in the back at full pace. Regardless of the force - which we can't judge from a TV viewpoint - we still get a full speed contested putdown where the bulldogs player knocked the ball dead to prevent Darius having a shot to win the game. 100% I give a penalty (probably went upstairs to have a second look and see if he could have been wrong - didn't want to give away a match ending penalty and have video find him wrong)

Klemmer was dudded by Pay (swapping captains is never great - it's not up to the refs to watch this) and likely given a 2nd chance may have approached the situation differently. I've never known telling the ref he's rubbish or that his calls are bad to be very effective. Maybe next time he will start with "Sir, I'm here as the captain while Josh is off. Can you explain to me why it feels like we are getting penalised when Brisbane isn't for similar offences? etc..........

Did it change the result? I don't think so. The broncos still had a chance for a field goal at the end so lets say the odds were not in the dogs favour. Even if they hold that out its a 50/50 at best.
    Did they deserve to win? Probably not. The bulldogs were hardly the better team. They got two tries from Broncos backs being unable to pickup a loose ball. They took the most of those chances but if they were dominating generally they would have run up a score to the point this stuff wouldn't have mattered.
    Is it a shite way to lose? You bet. I'd be filthy at Mbye after busting my guts and having him put the decision in the refs hands like that.

Cheers lads,

Rant

cyclops Broncs fan

Whats ur reply like when the Mrs says 'how do u want ur coffee today hun' ?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri May 04, 2018 3:35 pm

On the fallen gun conversation I think it comes down to their role in the team. If their role is the same as it was when they were scoring well I'll back them to go back to those scores. If the drop in production is due to a position change or loss of minutes you can't trust them to go back to scores that were coming in a different situation before.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri May 04, 2018 3:48 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Whats ur reply like when the Mrs says 'how do u want ur coffee today hun' ?

Haha

She doesn't even bother with that. Don't drink the stuff to be honest.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Fri May 04, 2018 3:50 pm

Late to the party, so apologies for bringing up the topic (knock ons) again late in the day.. and as always @Cap'n Ranta - just jibing mate, dont take that negatively. Ur posts are fast becoming worthy of inclusion in a fantasy bible of sorts.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 04, 2018 3:53 pm

Pay going to get fined for his press conference and whatever he said about the refs.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri May 04, 2018 3:54 pm

Krump wrote:On the fallen gun conversation I think it comes down to their role in the team. If their role is the same as it was when they were scoring well I'll back them to go back to those scores. If the drop in production is due to a position change or loss of minutes you can't trust them to go back to scores that were coming in a different situation before.

There have been a few "fallen" guns this season... but also some new guns
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Krump wrote:On the fallen gun conversation I think it comes down to their role in the team. If their role is the same as it was when they were scoring well I'll back them to go back to those scores. If the drop in production is due to a position change or loss of minutes you can't trust them to go back to scores that were coming in a different situation before.

Specifically, Mannering now playing on the edge makes him less valuable than usual.

Crichton and Taumalolo had outstanding seasons last year, which I am not 100% confident they can replicate.

Not to say that all 3 won't score well, just that they aren't necessarily going to hit last years scores.

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Fri May 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Chewie wrote:

Here's an example of TPJ knocking on

TPJ knock-on:

I love that clip. Fucken get some.
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri May 04, 2018 4:04 pm

Chewie wrote:

Yeah the theory doesn't work across the board...
    We do know that there guns that are capable of big scores like SJ, Teddy, CS9, Fifita, Taumalolo, Taupau and Crichton. But it doesn't guarantee they will have a big score.
    In the same vein, do we expect Smat to have as many HIA's this year as he had last year?
    Capewell scored a 100+ last season, but isn't likely to do that this season.

So what you seem to be trying to say is he's due a low one soon.............
    scratch
    Might revisit my trade plans as I was banking on another bye rd 100 to take me up the rankings
    confused
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Fri May 04, 2018 4:11 pm

Revraiser wrote:Late to the party, so apologies for bringing up the topic (knock ons) again late in the day.. and as always @Cap'n Ranta - just jibing mate, dont take that negatively. Ur posts are fast becoming worthy of inclusion in a fantasy bible of sorts.

No worries mate. One day I might learn to convey my thoughts more concisely but until then I'll trust you to keep me in check.

P.S. we've moved on to the no posting till 6 beers in so I might catch you all later tonight.

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 4:16 pm

I cant be trusted to post when I'm 6 beers in so I'll say adieu until tomorrow Wink

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 4:17 pm

Especially with a party very close.... My filthy gifs might come out to play
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 04, 2018 4:32 pm

Not sure if posted here, but Bukuya on a drip in hospital with a virus and in doubt for Sharks game.

Also official refs position is that Isaako knock back was correct call.
    RNGD Analytics
    RNGD Analytics

Post by RNGD Analytics Fri May 04, 2018 4:38 pm

Agree with that assessment Milchcow. I didn't get lolo and Crichton thinking they'll score last year. Just maybe better that currently and price.... I 100% acknowledge that recent scores are probably the best indicator though
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Fri May 04, 2018 4:40 pm

Had Isaako and JMK as loop options last night, not taking either of them, so 0/0 so far.

Struggled to settle on trades this week, but will just do Croker>Cogger and use Isaako/JMK to get Martin next week (plus hopefully an upgrade of a Maloney/JFH type).

Stuck solid with captain Cam. Have a good round all.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:40 am