NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 thread part 36

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2018 thread part 36 - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 thread part 36

Post by rhinoceroo Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:52 am

You know the best value centre at the moment is Mitchell Aubusson...
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2018 thread part 36 - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 thread part 36

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:10 am

rhinoceroo wrote:You know the best value centre at the moment is Mitchell Aubusson...

Aubusson at 344k is definitely tempting with his price so low & with Cordner playing origin maybe Aubs goes back to the forwards at round 13. But I just don't think I can go there.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:12 am

chitmunkey wrote:@chucky sure I heard an interview with Barrett other day about suli being ready for his debut so would not be surprised to see Walker moved into the halves

Suli most likely end up on the wing, they wont move Walker to 6
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 am

I am still waiting on lawton to be named starting 9 to solve our centre woes
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 am

pm888 wrote:at 4-6 weeks out, gosiewski is probably a sell. he will likely have made you 80k if you brought him in at bottom dollar which isnt too bad. about half of what you want, but now he might not even play the bye round which is 5 weeks out.

i also i dont think its guaranteed he gets his spot back once fit and will be looking at a cheapie in the coming weeks

Yeah plenty of other options to trade him to
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:25 am

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/28/sharks-take-conservative-approach-with-lewis/

Great for Soro!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:27 am

Shaun Lane looked good last night and I think he will secure that second row spot.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:29 am

wolfking wrote:Shaun Lane looked good last night and I think he will secure that second row spot.

Lane has been very good in the frf rotation so they might not want to change that. Winterstein will probably come in for Gosiewski imo.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 am

SI wrote:
    Yeah, I grabbed him but wasn't convinced he'd score much more than 25 over the last month. If I get a chance I might go back and see who I need to apologise to just after Cleary's injury for lambasting them for mentioning him as a trade.

Without going back I think Filth is first cab off the rank? If so, sorry Filth.

All is forgiven, mate! I could never hold anything against you. Very Happy
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:53 am

DCE in trouble?

Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:06 am

sajjos wrote:DCE in trouble?

doesn't look good does it.

Hastings coming in to replace DCE would be hilarious
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:07 am

[quote="sajjos"]DCE in trouble?

[/quote

Possible eye gouging, classy play by DCE in keeping with his outstanding leadership skills displayed over the past month.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 am

Bit of a game recap and some trade thoughts

Ben Hunt has shown his hand dominating the kicking last two weeks. He is probably the pick if you want a Dragons half. Jack De Belin back to his PPM ways and looking dangerous with ball in hand. Still think there is too many mouths to feed in that pack and need an injury for fantasy relevance. James Graham will have some big scores over the Origin period with Vaughan, Frizell, JDB and possible Sims/McInnes in rep teams. Onto the backs Matthew Dufty seems to not be getting enough touches. Like all fullbacks he makes most of his points from kick returns and attacking stats, with opposition prefering to kick to Nightingale his is going to need some big plays for keeper level scores. Most will have bigger fires to put out. Euan Aitken had his lowest scoring fantasy output of the year. Tackle counts are down on last year so he has been very reliant on attacking stats. Probably still a keeper but centres are a lottery this year.

James Tedesco looks back to his best. Easily his best attacking game for the Roosters. Looked dangerous with every touch and is surely close to one of those big 30 point runs we know he is capable of. If you want to grab him before Origin now is the time. Ryan Matterson continues to bust out huge scores with most of his points coming from tackles. In defense he seems to drift out of the second row spot rotating with the middles. Looks like the 2018 version of Crichton. Probably close to his peak cash wise but is showing he can be a genuine keeper in a difficult halves position. With Mitchell Aubusson at centre putting up huge base stats minutes are not a worry for Matterson and Aubbo is onto the radar as a centre option. Jake Friend is back to an 80 minute option. Should be good for 50 or so points per week with most of his points coming from tackles so gameflow dependent. Perfect upgrade option for Rein in a few weeks. Latrell Mitchell has been one of the few consistent centres this year. Incredibly frustrating to watch him phase in and out of games but is good for atleast 1 big play a game and goal kicking gives a nice base. Probably plays Origin this year.

Christian Welch played huge minutes at lock and is worth a look while he retains that spot. With Finucane due back he probably doesn't have long term value if you don't already have him but will be on the radar for most due to his high score this week. Cameron Smith back to his consistent best and looks well and truely over the injury. He scores in so many different facets that it is really difficult for him to have a low scoring game. There are times where he will kick the ball 50 metres down field then lead the chase and make 3 tackles in a row. His game is built for fantasy. Cameron Munster defensive stats are down on last year but looks to be back to scoring attacking points. Lock to wear 6 jersey for QLD but should be a nice POD half option going forward. Curtis Scott was on fire before getting injured. If it is not serious we could have a very underpriced centre keeper.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck looks to have bottomed out. Plenty of run metres and looking to get his hands on the ball around the ruck. Should be priced around a 37 average this week and will likely end the year averaging 45+. Simon Mannering spent plenty of time defending in the middle. With the injuries I expect him to get bulk minutes at lock going forward. Should be good for 60 minutes and 50 points with some monsters if he gets 80. Peta Hiku is performing well in a difficult centre position. Will be one of my last upgrades as he should be good for 30+. Issac Luke's injury will toss up a possible cheapie at the hooker spot. Probably split minutes and likely not long enough to make enough cash to be worth the trade.

Adam Reynolds is monopolising the kick metres which is always good for fantasy scores. The only Rabbitohs player to kick the ball this week he ended with 21 points from kick metres. That sort of base brings him on the radar. Injury always a worry but when on the field he is a great POD half option. Damien Cook is an end of season keeper and in every serious team. Will get his Origin debut this year. His running game puts immense pressure on opposition around the ruck and he is a genuine captaincy option. Angus Crichton is down on last year but still averaging 51 and looks set to explode every time he touches the ball. Would love to bring him in before the huge score we know he is capable of but have other issues to deal with. Cody Walker as always is relying on 1-2 big plays a week for passable scores. An option at WFB but probably ends around a 40 point average. Cameron Murray will be a fantasy star for a long time. Previously touched on his impact but after a down game coming back from injury I think trading him out is madness. Richard Kennar is a trade out for those still holding with a possible season ending injury. Hopefully can throw up a cheapie in the form of Campbell Graham

Tevita Pangai Junior if he keeps the lock role should continue to be fantasy relevant. Well done to those who held him but too late to trade him in. With plenty of injuries at the Broncos there is minutes to go around. Kodi Nikorima should see big minutes at hooker and will be a fantasy option as a result. Worth waiting a week to see how it plays out but one for the watchlist. James Roberts always an option as a centre. Will average 40 odd with some stinkers and some huge games. Jaydn Su'a looks set for extra minutes on the back of injury. Might sitll be worth a trade in for those that don't have him depending on how you think he will score. Anthony Milford is dominating the kick metres and has great base stats without having many big runs this year. Averaging 44 with 2 tries this year and very little attacking stats. Will be a POD half through the bye period but probably just short of top 17. If your cash cows are going well may be a nice 18th man poolhoop option once we have some more red dots. Payne Haas is going to trap many fantasy coaches. I expect his rookie year will play out similar to Jo Ofahengaue when he burst onto the scene. A few low minute bench stints with 8-10 total games spread across the year. Jamayne Isaako has reached his peak and is a sell. There should be a few decent cash out options this week coming at the perfect time to milk. Matt Lodge is a sell on the back of a woeful performance. Hooked due to poor effort will probably see a minute reduction. Jack Bird is out of form and hasn't going close to reproducing his previous halves scores. Those that jumped on a week early will be brave to stick it out getting sub 30 scores.

Martin Taupau on the back of raising the bat will be a popular trade in for points chasers. We all know he has this game in him but will still average 50 odd during the year. Played plenty of extra minutes due to injuries to Matthew Wright and Lachlan Croker. Jake Trbojevic was a base stat beast. 45 tackles and 238 metres showed his keeper potential for owners. Probably a final 17 player that will play Origin so a late season upgrade. Late sinbin hurt his score. Daly Cherry-Evans showed he is a keeper half bouncing back with a 55. Scores in so many different ways he will always have a solid base. Probably looking at a few weeks on the sidelines after an eye gouge on Buhrer. Tom Trbojevic is a keeper WFB that plays Origin. Late season upgrade for those looking at a final gun. Jack Gosiewski looks set for a stint on the sideline and probably loses his starting spot on return. Is a trade out for owners. Lachlan Croker is a sell for owners. Should throw up a base price option. Akuila Uate will be at base price for those looking at a round 13 cash out. Don't see how he scores more than 20 points on any given week.

Slade Griffin restarted his cash making potential with a close range try. Should provide valuable points in round 13. Kalyn Ponga is a freak. Got plenty more touches with a young halves pairing and the extra responsibility should lead to more attacking stats. Connor Watson scored a try so the masses will think he is the best halves option. Will likely average 30+ but better value long term elsewhere. Jack Cogger is my choice of the halves. Plenty of base stats between defense and kick metres. Should average 35+ and make plenty of cash.

Didn't watch the last game so can't comment
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:23 am

The Battle of Hastings is about to be reenacted in of all places, Manly as DCE is looking dodgy with his facial massage on Buhrer. Barrett must be close to punching someone or finding a quiet place to curl up in the foetal position, poor bastard.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:28 am

Still haven't made my trades. I'm trading Rochow to Fifita/Taumalolo but I was going to use my other trade and do Havili > Sorensen. With Manly's injuries, is it worth holding the second trade and grabbing Hastings/the Manly hooker who might come in? Both will play long term and Sorensen probably won't.
    lewis9966
    lewis9966

Post by lewis9966 Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:33 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Still haven't made my trades. I'm trading Rochow to Fifita/Taumalolo but I was going to use my other trade and do Havili > Sorensen. With Manly's injuries, is it worth holding the second trade and grabbing Hastings/the Manly hooker who might come in? Both will play long term and Sorensen probably won't.

I would 100% not be grabbing any Manly halves/hookers now until next weeks team lists are seen
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:35 am

lewis9966 wrote:

I would 100% not be grabbing any Manly halves/hookers now until next weeks team lists are seen

I'm not getting one of them this week but I need to decide if I get Sorensen or hope Hastings/new Manly hooker get named
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Bit of a game recap and some trade thoughts

Is it possible to give this 23 thumbs up? That's how many I was born with
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:39 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Still haven't made my trades. I'm trading Rochow to Fifita/Taumalolo but I was going to use my other trade and do Havili > Sorensen. With Manly's injuries, is it worth holding the second trade and grabbing Hastings/the Manly hooker who might come in? Both will play long term and Sorensen probably won't.

Tough one Milfy. Fifita playing as captain today as well. I would go Sorensen as the Cronulla coach has stated they are going to err on the side of caution in regards to Lewis.

Your a braver man then me going near Manly at the moment until the dust settles on the Hastings fiasco.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:41 am

wolfking wrote:I still want to bring Soro in even though I can't play him for either Havilli or Rochow.  Who should he come in for with the thinking I have Kennar and Croker to deal with in the coming weeks.  Gotta be Rochow?

Any thoughts guys?

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 pm