NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:59 am

Anybody please help lol want to finish sub-1000 for the first time ever

Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    Brown Murray Harris
    DCE Maloney
    Mitchell Isaako
    Rapana Ponga Thompson

JFH Rochow RFM TPJ
    Griffin Dufty Doueihi JMK

$37k
    26 trades

Matterson is the best points per dollar over $500k. Can't shake that I need him. I'm thinking
    Matterson + Gosiewski IN
    TPJ + Griffin OUT

Any thoughts?
    Brendos1er
    Brendos1er

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31 - Page 6 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 31

Post by Brendos1er Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:01 am

(c)Smith
    Arrow, Kikau
    RFM Surgess JTurbo
    JMK Maloney
    Mitchell Hiku
    Tedesco TTurbo Thompson

Interchange:
    JFH Havili Lodge Gosi

Emg:
    Kennar Croker TPJ Sao

Bank: $51k

Any ideas for my team? I burn my trades every week (haven't banked any) in the mindset that I "have to" but I'm trying to change that. Can you see any major issues or is this fine to leave for this week?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the time you guys put into helping! 
    Beating Heart
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:07 am

I can go Deouihi > Su'a and Lodge > Matterson for exactly $0 remaining.

Clearly it's a sign.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:08 am

@Brendos1er Not too bad, main concern is your bench and halves. Sao, Kennar, and Croker options for trade out if you need extra funds
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:09 am

Rapture_NRL wrote:Anybody please help lol want to finish sub-1000 for the first time ever

Cook
    Kikau Arrow
    Brown Murray Harris
    DCE Maloney
    Mitchell Isaako
    Rapana Ponga Thompson

JFH Rochow RFM TPJ
    Griffin Dufty Doueihi JMK

$37k
    26 trades

Matterson is the best points per dollar over $500k. Can't shake that I need him. I'm thinking
    Matterson + Gosiewski IN
    TPJ + Griffin OUT

Any thoughts?
    Two peaked players out for a keeper and a cashie, while moving money from your emergencies to your starting side. Two thumbs up from me. :ThumbsUp: :ThumbsUp:
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

Croker in twice so added Dufty Smile

Edit: Damn. Beaten by Stormtrooper. Should have just covered them all in a blanket of no more money and don't look like keepers Smile

This is delicious so decided to go do a bit more looking. See responses in bold.

Edit: Fuck me, I literally typed up a whole list on this in response but somewhy it didn't post. Have no idea how to go get it back. Will go back and do it again shortly when I've caught up with a few others here... Soz guys.

Last edited by Mearcats on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:12 am

Brendos1er wrote:(c)Smith
    Arrow, Kikau
    RFM Surgess JTurbo
    JMK Maloney
    Mitchell Hiku
    Tedesco TTurbo Thompson

Interchange:
    JFH Havili Lodge Gosi

Emg:
    Kennar Croker TPJ Sao

Bank: $51k

Any ideas for my team? I burn my trades every week (haven't banked any) in the mindset that I "have to" but I'm trying to change that. Can you see any major issues or is this fine to leave for this week?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the time you guys put into helping! 
    Beating Heart
    If you think TPJ and Lodge have peaked, and you can see a cashie you like, you can downgrade one and upgrade the other. Moves more of your team value into your starting side and gets in a new cashie to raise that team value higher.

No need unless you see a cashie you think will be successful, so holding the trades is fine also.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:

@Mearcats - Cheers mate, solid rundown of the squad. Now that you say I guess I can continue to hold some players. I might just be toiling with the poor scores of some last week. I think the best thing to do is wait for TLT and cash out Croker to a new cow...just depends who. Then that gives me cash and allows me to look at some of my team (TPJ, Rochow, Kennar) and also players I want (Surgess, S'ua, Gutho) and pick who I can upgrade next week. Love all the help I have received from you lot this year! I hope at time I have repaid some of that help through the year.

Cashing out Croker is a good idea but be aware it won't net you the bank to bring Surgess in. Leaves you about 20k short if my math is correct. If you're planning on going the single trade route this week to bank up then he's defs the pick of the lot to go first though mate.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 am

hymenbustas wrote:Hey mearcats, always liked your analysis, wouldn't mind hearing what you think of my team:

CS9
    Kikau Arrow
    RFM Jurbo JFH
    DCE JMK
    Kennar Hiku
    Thompson Teddy Ponga

Cook
    Rochow
    Murray
    TPJ

Havali
    Isaako
    Croker
    Katoa

$520k ITB, just waiting for JMK to peak and splruging on an upgrade to SJ. Alternatively, i can do JMK to Matterson and TPJ to Tolo to get those points.

24 trades remaining is a concern and leaning towards a no trade this week since im versing weaker teams in my H2H

I'll be all over this in 15mins or so mate, just gotta go across the road and buy some ciggies. Unfortuantely, in this country that literally takes about 15mins
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

Considering Widdop and Griffin to Matterson and Taumalolo/Koroisau.

Dealing with JT and Widdop as my halves recently has completely fucked my season.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:18 am

Mearcats wrote:

Cashing out Croker is a good idea but be aware it won't net you the bank to bring Surgess in. Leaves you about 20k short if my math is correct. If you're planning on going the single trade route this week to bank up then he's defs the pick of the lot to go first though mate.
    Yeah mate looking at making Croker my only trade as a cash out! Then I’ll look at bringing surges or the likes in next week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 am

Cheers master Mearcat!
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 am

Cheers @Vanish much appreciated!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:30 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:Considering Widdop and Griffin to Matterson and Taumalolo/Koroisau.

Dealing with JT and Widdop as my halves recently has completely fucked my season.

Whiddop could turn it up again at any point mate I still think he’ll be some what podish and still a decent scorer. I think Thurston is more a priority to get out
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:32 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Whiddop could turn it up again at any point mate I still think he’ll be some what podish and still a decent scorer. I think Thurston is more a priority to get out

If I bring in Matterson and Koro then JT will be in my reserves (if Murray plays). The reasons I would trade Widdop over JT is 1) price and 2) JT plays round 13 and Widdop doesn't.

I think replacing those two in my halves with Matterson and Koro improves my team immensely considering how bloody awful Widdop and JT have been lately.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:34 am

MilfordTheMagician wrote:

If I bring in Matterson and Koro then JT will be in my reserves (if Murray plays). The reasons I would trade Widdop over JT is 1) price and 2) JT plays round 13 and Widdop doesn't.

I think replacing those two in my halves with Matterson and Koro improves my team immensely considering how bloody awful Widdop and JT have been lately.

Ok fair enough! You’ve obviously thought it through mate
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:38 am

hymenbustas wrote:Hey mearcats, always liked your analysis, wouldn't mind hearing what you think of my team:

CS9
    Kikau Arrow
    RFM Jurbo JFH
    DCE JMK
    Kennar Hiku
    Thompson Teddy Ponga

Cook
    Rochow
    Murray
    TPJ

Havali
    Isaako
    Croker
    Katoa

$520k ITB, just waiting for JMK to peak and splruging on an upgrade to SJ. Alternatively, i can do JMK to Matterson and TPJ to Tolo to get those points.

24 trades remaining is a concern and leaning towards a no trade this week since im versing weaker teams in my H2H

Perfect reason to hold some bank mate! You have been spending a few trades like you said which is a slight concern but to be honest the team is looking worth it. Maybe it's time to consolidate for a week or so.

The Matterson idea isn't terrible but I kinda like Cap'n Ranta's assessment on him from earlier (either earlier this thread or 49-50 in the last thread). I think if you haven't already got him he may have sailed. Could well be wrong, he is afterall priced at a 49 avg for a 55 point averaging player and if he continues to score 55 will make another 93k in the next three weeks (according to MTB's AWESOME predictor on his site) but if I had to chose between getting him or letting that ship sail and getting SJ I'd go SJ.

The only other area for concern for you is your centers. But that's a minor concern. When I retype my breakdown on the trade out guys in response to Caps earlier post, have a read of it and see my thoughts there. Will take me a while but will get it done in an hour or so. That'll also give you my thoughts on a few other guys in your team like Thompson, Isaako and TPJ.

Long and short, I'd hold and consolidate this week mate. Bank those trades, you'll feel better for it and then get ready to make a few moves in the coming weeks! All looking good though bro!
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am

mickspicks wrote:You know what would be really great? For Levi to drop out of the Knights 17. I would love to keep Griffin but Levi is ruining everything. Will wait and see what TLT throws up, but I’m currently thinking.

Cronk out, SJ in. Griffin out, S’ua/Jensen/Gosi in

Great trades! :ThumbsUp: A+
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:40 am

lodge's 33 came off 37 minutes while he had a rib injury as well. something to condier for those on the fence
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:42 am

Matterson if he continues getting 80 is still a decent option for the halves, averaging over 50 there when very few are and the cheapest optiion of the lot

For me TLolo only a few thousand more is a better long term option but obviously only available in the 2RF

Early trades for me seem like

Lodge - Gosiewski
    Griffin - Taumalolo

Still holding Fifita and Murray

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 pm