NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Random wrote:I would not be moving Rochow out of my 17.

Speaking of 17. Havili'i, Godinet, JMK, Croker, Doueihi for the last spot in the 17.

I see why you wouldn't be moving Rochow out tongue
    kalynponga
    kalynponga

NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25 - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2018 Thread Part 25

Post by kalynponga Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:56 pm

Smith
    Arrow, Rochow
    Whitehead, Jurbo, Murray
    Doueihi, Croker
    Isaako, Hiku
    Ponga, Teddy, Thompson

Cook, Griffin, RFM, Kikau
    Lodge, TPJ, Havili, Kennar
    281K ITB

Upgrading Halves: As much as i believe Cameron is a long term hold and will pull it together, he is the only person under performing on my team. Letting him go allows me to even out my team. I have tried a number of combinations already but the most profitable trade is getting rid of him unfortunately.

basically, i'm looking for someone to offer a second opinion on  if the ultimate net loss on trading smith out this week after losing 102k is worth in the long run, considering  i keep the midrange guys like Rochow, Lodge, Griffin, TPJ  and allow them to see maximum profits?

for context i am thinking of going cameron and doueihi to DCE and Matterson/Mbye

Last edited by kalynponga on Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:57 pm

I'm glad mannering is starting off the bench, hopefully low minutes this round and then we get a couple weeks of falls while looking at how the first choice forward pack of the ladder leaders settles.

Could be the year mannering takes the mantle of being the true set and forget captain if he gets back to 80min in the middle.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Random wrote:I would not be moving Rochow out of my 17.

Speaking of 17. Havili'i, Godinet, JMK, Croker, Doueihi for the last spot in the 17.

I see why you wouldn't be moving Rochow out tongue

Ya know what.... fuck you.

Edit: Due to people recently worrying about the hostility of the forum. I apologies Liverpool. My team is shit, please send trades and money to me.

Last edited by Random on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:06 pm

The problem I have is I don't have enough in the bank to upgrade to anyone worthwhile and all of my cows haven't peaked yet. If I leave Smith in my team I have to play one of Doueihi,Croker or JMK with DCE which I'm not overly keen on. People's thoughts on Koro are making me second guess myself but it also allows me to move from a slow burn cash cow in Croker to a potentially fast moving one in JFH. I'm so undecided lol with lockout not fair away arghh what do I do?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Random wrote:

Ya know what.... fuck you.

Apologies
    Brendos1er
    Brendos1er

Post by Brendos1er Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:07 pm

Torn between bringing in Arrow or Murray. My head says Murray but my gut is screaming Arrow is the better long term choice....
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 pm

danseels1985 wrote:The problem I have is I don't have enough in the bank to upgrade to anyone worthwhile and all of my cows haven't peaked yet. If I leave Smith in my team I have to play one of Doueihi,Croker or JMK with DCE which I'm not overly keen on. People's thoughts on Koro are making me second guess myself but it also allows me to move from a slow burn cash cow in Croker to a potentially fast moving one in JFH. I'm so undecided lol with lockout not fair away arghh what do I do?

I decided to go MBye because he is even cheaper than Koroisau, lets you see what happens with JFH and the Panthers group. Gives you more cash, and potentially a long term WFB keeper depending on your squad.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:08 pm

kalynponga wrote:Smith
    Arrow, Rochow
    Whitehead, Jurbo, Murray
    Doueihi, Croker
    Isaako, Hiku
    Ponga, Teddy, Thompson

Cook, Griffin, RFM, Kikau
    Lodge, TPJ, Havili, Kennar
    281K ITB

Upgrading Halves: As much as i believe Cameron is a long term hold and will pull it together, he is the only person under performing on my team. Letting him go allows me to even out my team. I have tried a number of combinations already but the most profitable trade is getting rid of him unfortunately.

basically, i'm looking for someone to offer a second opinion on  if the ultimate net loss on trading smith out this week after losing 102k is worth in the long run, considering  i keep the midrange guys like Rochow, Lodge, Griffin, TPJ  and allow them to see maximum profits?

Firstly, its of course impossible to answer this question because you have to make a number of assumptions. So you've gotta run through some scenarios and figure it out. Too tough for me to do cause there are a whole ton of permutations to work through.

But the obvious thing for me re your team is that you have $281k in the bank and 2 good scorers outside of your 17. Thats alot of points on the sidelines. You also have Whitehead in there who I personally think has probably peaked. If you are looking for alternatives to trading Smith out, I'd look to turn Whitehead and Croker/Doueihi into Maloney and DCE, then shift Lodge up into your starting 17. I reckon that increases your score for the week by 50 points at least.

The alternative of trading Smith out (that you added) I reckon grabs you 30 more points but you lose that chance to have one more look at Cam.

Last edited by Rippin and Tearin on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Brendos1er wrote:Torn between bringing in Arrow or Murray. My head says Murray but my gut is screaming Arrow is the better long term choice....

Honestly there is no difference. You want both end of year. Both should score 60+ this week. Arrow's BE is 8, Murray's BE is 14.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:12 pm

Reading the Eels forums you get a gauge on how split the team really is. I think they are really missing Radradra as he got them out of trouble so often & scored some brilliant tries. People saying BA doesn't like Norman, Moses & Norman both want to be the dominant half & playing their way, Evans not well liked, a small pack that gets bossed, BA wanting to change the way Brown plays & Brown not liking it. But the biggest criticism is how Hayne has affected the balance of the team just to fit him in.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Brendos1er wrote:Torn between bringing in Arrow or Murray. My head says Murray but my gut is screaming Arrow is the better long term choice....

I would suggest dropping a non-performing expensive player and getting both this week. They will both only get more expensive each week and you will be missing the points each week too.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:15 pm

mattnz wrote:

I would suggest dropping a non-performing expensive player Cameron Smithand getting both this week. They will both only get more expensive each week and you will be missing the points each week too.
    Blakejr1
    Blakejr1

Post by Blakejr1 Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:18 pm

boys, do i run with Matterson and JMK,Croker or Doughey or do i do

Merrin --> JFH
    Carty---> Hunt

but then i have 3 halves in EMG.

or i can do (B)

Merrin --> JFH
    Carty to Vaughan/Mcguire

or (c)

Merrin--> JFH
    Bromich--> Fafita, Taupau
    Brendos1er
    Brendos1er

Post by Brendos1er Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 pm

mattnz wrote:

I would suggest dropping a non-performing expensive player and getting both this week. They will both only get more expensive each week and you will be missing the points each week too.

I'm dropping Thurston for one of them but I also need to drop Cartwright which leaves me not much wiggle room. Picking up Maloney instead and grabbing one of the two as the other trade. Unless I keep cartwright for a week and drop somebody else but that feels not so great.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:22 pm

Finally saving a trade this week (all going to plan), Carty > Arrow.

Pretty happy with how my team is shaping up.

Friend
    Taupau Arrow
    Harris Murray Kikau
    DCE Walker
    Hiku Isaako
    RTS Ponga Thompson

Cook
    Griffin
    Rochow
    RFM

Croker
    Sao
    Kennar
    Leleisiuao
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Random wrote:

So on all of this. Glad you agree on Koro, I think he could be a solid 40-50 point player, but in the HLF's he is weaker than the rest.

On Cherry-Evans, if you told me right now I have the 3rd best HLF end of year in my team. While the first best half is out for the year. I take it, hell I would take it even without Cleary being out. Simply because you can't have the top scorer in every position. Having the 3rd best is fine by me, and I wouldn't trade him out.

SJ is injured, which is my big worry. I think you have talked me out of Johnson, to get him cheaper and grab a Rd 13 player.

Out of those you listed...
    Mbye is the only bloke I really like. The rest can be too inconsistent, aren't doing as good as last year or injury concerns as well.

So... Should I grab Johnson instead of Mbye. I mean, it could mean MBye ends up being a WFB keeper come end of year.

I may have confused this. I just tried to throw the other side of the story against you like you asked for. Personally I like bringing them both in.

Love that you are happy with DCE. Agree he is a great choice. I really had to work hard for some minor negatives there.

As for Johnson vs Mbye.

Johnson is definitely a keeper. Mbye could be. Both have a bye in rd 13. Both are doing their teams goalkicking (when uninjured). Both don't have a lot of cash to gain and even likely have some to lose. I have more fun watching Johnson than i do Mbye. SJ will likely average more than Mbye but Mbye is 208k cheaper than Johnson. SJ seems to be injured more than Mbye. Mbye is more versatile with DPP.

Neither guy is the wrong choice but to me it comes down to team balance and who you like more.

Personally I'm playing Maloney into SJ (timing should work well). But I am cash poor and have worse halves than you do (Croker and Carty only.....Croft was dissapointing). I also have a back three of TTurbo, Ponga and Tedesco so Mbye isn't helpful there.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:29 pm

Nichols, Havili, Douhi or Maloney for last spot in 17? You'd have to go Maloney suuuurely.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Fortitude wrote:Nichols, Havili, Douhi or Maloney for last spot in 17? You'd have to go Maloney suuuurely.

Yup
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm

Fortitude wrote:Nichols, Havili, Douhi or Maloney for last spot in 17? You'd have to go Maloney suuuurely.

If you think Maloney is worth trading in and out again, he needs to be worth playing as well

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:27 am