NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 47 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:22 am

I've just swapped Taylan May for Leo Thompson (I've decided I'll get both, but Leo this week and Taylan next week), and this both frees up more cash for Cleary and also makes my loop even more advanced, as I can now use Vailea to potentially loop Billy Smith in.

Team:

Randall
    Haas (C), J King, Bullemor
    Tuilagi, Ipap
    Hynes(VC), Clifford
    Vailea, Penisini
    Teddy, Papy, Critta

M King, L Thompson, Munster, Schneider

Coates, Nanai, Tago, B Smith

This loop now has 2 stages:

Stage 1 (Friday night): if Billy Smith scores over 30-35, move Ipap to MID, Tago to EDG and JKing to bench, leaving out L Thompson, otherwise leave as is

Stage 2(Saturday): if Coates scores sub-35, wait until Nanai plays and then swap M King and Bully to pick the higher score, if Coates scores over 35 then move Nanai to 14, M King to starting MID and Bully to 19

Because Tago is ranked lower than Nanai in the EMG, his EDG dual won't affect that loop
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 47 Empty Re: Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am

Hey lads, need some help with looping this week - cost me a good 30 points last week cause I forgot to do it, and truthfully have forgotten how to since it's been so long lol.

So I am tryna loop with my 2 red dots - Tuilagi and Vailea

I wanna put these 3 players in the loop - Coates, Bully and Ilias.

Is there any way possible I can do this guys? Pls help

Full team looks like this for reference:
    Randall
    Curran Haas Ming
    Fifi Nanai
    Sexton Mann
    Penis Aitken
    Hynes Pap Critta
    Burton Bully Thompson (Leo) Schneider
    Coates Ilias Tuilagi Vailea
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:27 pm

I need some degenerate help. I bow to your wisdom and villainy

Mahoney
    King Mann Gilbert
    Wilton (red dot) Fifita
    Burton Schneider
    Tago Penisini
    Papi Hynes Crichton

Starling Randall TPJ Tuilagi (red dot)

Amone (get to see his score on Thursday), nanai, Thompson, smith

So Amone in the loop for the bench. Is there any other wizardry I can manage?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:36 pm

If Wilton is In your start lineup you currently get both Amone and Nanai (TPJ promoted to edge). Although you can block it by swapping TPJ and Mann (Nanai to edge) then swapping Tuilagi with Thompson. I think that’s how it would work - not sure if that’s your intent? I struggle to work through this stuff without a spreadsheet so I could be wrong
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:04 pm

Wretched Hive!

Please forgive me as I am planning to conduct some of the most vile conduct

Here is my 14-21

Once I make my trades I will have a double loop [two players with temporary red dots] and six players that are hard to split. Please advise me of the most treacherous villianry I can do with this lot

Grant
    Tuilagi
    Nanai
    May
    Ilias
    Walters
    WSmith
    Thompson

Starting side will be

Randall
    Ming Papalii Mann
    Fifita Tago
    Schneider Hynes
    Timoko Burton
    Papenhuyzen Crichton Mitchell

I am having trouble because the Tigers and the Storm play before at least three of the players on this list.

So I probably at best can only get a free look at two of these and then have to predict which of the three who play after my loops will outperform them if they go to shit. The problem is the question of how much each player will score and who is likely to score better is not really clear for each of these players. It almost makes me want to forget about looping and go back to the simple way of choosing who will score best at the start of the round and copping a whole bunch of high scores in my 18-21

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:56 pm

robelgordo wrote:If Wilton is In your start lineup you currently get both Amone and Nanai (TPJ promoted to edge). Although you can block it by swapping TPJ and Mann (Nanai to edge) then swapping Tuilagi with Thompson. I think that’s how it would work - not sure if that’s your intent? I struggle to work through this stuff without a spreadsheet so I could be wrong

Thanks legend. Intent is to get a free look at as many scores as possible. The Amone loop was easy but wasn’t sure how to get a free look at anyone else

Can anyone help?
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:07 pm

Need a bit of advanced looping help pls. What black magic fuckery can I do with this ?

Randall
    Ipapa Mann
    King Fifi Wilton (red dot)
    Sexton Schneider
    Tago Burton
    Papi Crichton Hynes

Starling Bullemore Penisini Tuilagi (red dot)

Amone Nanai Thompson Coates

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:48 pm

EJ24 wrote:Need a bit of advanced looping help pls. What black magic fuckery can I do with this ?

Randall
    Ipapa Mann
    King Fifi Wilton (red dot)
    Sexton Schneider
    Tago Burton
    Papi Crichton Hynes

Starling Bullemore Penisini Tuilagi (red dot)

Amone Nanai Thompson Coates

Arrange your 17-21 as such

Tuilagi Amone Thompson Coates Nanai (you can swap order of Thompson and Coates if you wish)

If you like Amone's score tonight, leave as is and you'll get it. Otherwise put Thompson/Coates in ahead of him.

Then, if Nanai scores well enough to keep, swap Bullemor and Max King, and Nanai will sub for Wilton
    If you don't swap you'll avoid Nanai and get Bullemor for Wilton and your AEs will be Amone and whoever is higher out of Thompson/Coates instead

hj1991
    hj1991

Post by hj1991 Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:01 pm

Long time lurker, first time looper..... Does this work for me boys?

FYI, still don't quite understand the fundamentals of looping so apologies if I've fired from the hip here

Loopholers Anonymous - a wretched hive of scum and villainy - Page 47 Q08zsIm

Second question, how do I just put the picture in the post without having to link?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:06 am

@hj1991 you can use [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (remove the spaces between 'img' and the brackets) to display an image. One of the buttons up in the tool bar will let you do it too.

edited your post for you to put the picture in

The loop as you have it set won't work this week.

Vailea locks out at 6pm tonight, so you can't move him around. And Bullemor plays last game so by the time he plays everyone else has locked.

The way to do it is

17. red dot
    18. Risky player whose game is before the red dot
    19. backup player who plays after player in 18

If 18 goes well, leave as is
    If 18 goes poorly swap 17 and 19.
    If Bullemor had played last night that setup would be great, you could choose whether to accept Bullemor's score, or roll the dice with Thompson or Ilias

For this week, a possible loop option is this

Start Vailea at CTR

bench should be

19. Crichton
    20. Smith
    21. Thompson

If Smith scores poorly, leave as is and Crichton will come in for Vailea.
    If Smith scores well tonight, you can swap Crichton with Coates, and get Smith's score (and not get Coates)
    hj1991
    hj1991

Post by hj1991 Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:30 am

Milchcow wrote:@hj1991 you can use [ img ] and [ /img ] tags (remove the spaces between 'img' and the brackets) to display an image. One of the buttons up in the tool bar will let you do it too.

edited your post for you to put the picture in

The loop as you have it set won't work this week.

Vailea locks out at 6pm tonight, so you can't move him around. And Bullemor plays last game so by the time he plays everyone else has locked.

The way to do it is

17. red dot
    18. Risky player whose game is before the red dot
    19. backup player who plays after player in 18

If 18 goes well, leave as is
    If 18 goes poorly swap 17 and 19.
    If Bullemor had played last night that setup would be great, you could choose whether to accept Bullemor's score, or roll the dice with Thompson or Ilias

For this week, a possible loop option is this

Start Vailea at CTR

bench should be

19. Crichton
    20. Smith
    21. Thompson

If Smith scores poorly, leave as is and Crichton will come in for Vailea.
    If Smith scores well tonight, you can swap Crichton with Coates, and get Smith's score (and not get Coates)

Awesome thanks for this mate, you painted a very clear and concise picture in my head
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:16 pm

Hey lads, need some help with looping this week

Current bench setup is:
    Starling
    Schneider
    Jones
    Vailea

Thompson
    Tuilagi
    Coates
    Ilias

Is there any way I can loop the 2 bottom reserves in or am I only able to do a loop between Thompson and Tuilagi given Vailea plays the 6pm Friday game? Any help is appreciated lads
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:40 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Hey lads, need some help with looping this week

Current bench setup is:
    Starling
    Schneider
    Jones
    Vailea

Thompson
    Tuilagi
    Coates
    Ilias

Is there any way I can loop the 2 bottom reserves in or am I only able to do a loop between Thompson and Tuilagi given Vailea plays the 6pm Friday game? Any help is appreciated lads

If you don't like Thompson's score you can loop in any of the 19-21 players after the first game, but your 18 would have to be Thompson (or Jones).

Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:43 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If you don't like Thompson's score you can loop in any of the 19-21 players after the first game, but your 18 would have to be Thompson (or Jones).

Yeah thanks mate, so let's say Thompson does shit, would I then have no way to loop Tuilagi Coates and Ilias and rather would just need to choose one of them because Vailea will be locked out?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:47 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah thanks mate, so let's say Thompson does shit, would I then have no way to loop Tuilagi Coates and Ilias and rather would just need to choose one of them because Vailea will be locked out?

You have to pick one because Vailea plays 2nd game. That's end of loop opportunities
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:33 pm

I’m hoping this actually works, wouldn’t mind a sense check

Vailea playing last presents some decent loop options this week, especially if you’ve sacrificed a bit at the back to get Cleary and have Crichton or another DPP CTR/WFB

My scenario:
    Vailea* Aitken
    Hynes Papy Crichton*

Roberts
    Coates

Roberts will sub for Vailea, but if he scores badly can get Coates by
    - moving Coates into WFB for Crichton
    - then swap Crichton into CTR for Vailea

With the timing of the games this kind of setup would also work with a few other popular combos eg E Lee and Tago, Penis and Coates. May can also work in the Crichton role.

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:57 am

robelgordo wrote:I’m hoping this actually works, wouldn’t mind a sense check

Vailea playing last presents some decent loop options this week, especially if you’ve sacrificed a bit at the back to get Cleary and have Crichton or another DPP CTR/WFB

My scenario:
    Vailea* Aitken
    Hynes Papy Crichton*

Roberts
    Coates

Roberts will sub for Vailea, but if he scores badly can get Coates by
    - moving Coates into WFB for Crichton
    - then swap Crichton into CTR for Vailea

With the timing of the games this kind of setup would also work with a few other popular combos eg E Lee and Tago, Penis and Coates. May can also work in the Crichton role.

Looks good to me.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 21, 2022 4:03 am

Is there anything I can do with Koula, given he locks out first?  

My current back five is:
    Burton Bird
    Hynes Papy Crichton

with Tago my only centre cover at 17 and Taafe my only WFB cover at 18.  Can I use Koula to look at Taafe and Crichton for example? Or does his early lock out make him unusable?
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:58 am

Jele wrote:Is there anything I can do with Koula, given he locks out first?  

My current back five is:
    Burton Bird
    Hynes Papy Crichton

with Tago my only centre cover at 17 and Taafe my only WFB cover at 18.  Can I use Koula to look at Taafe and Crichton for example? Or does his early lock out make him unusable?

Thanks for confirming mine above.

If one of your other 2 EMG players plays after Souths do, you can:

- start Koula at WFB
    - Crichton 18, Taafe 19, x 20
    - if Taaffe did really well, swap 18 and 20
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:20 am

robelgordo wrote:

Thanks for confirming mine above.

If one of your other 2 EMG players plays after Souths do, you can:

- start Koula at WFB
    - Crichton 18, Taafe 19, x 20
    - if Taaffe did really well, swap 18 and 20

thanks.  Leo Thompson for the win  cheer

Current date/time is Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 am