NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 21

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 21 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 21

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:35 am

StormTrooper96 wrote:Nrl.com seem to be so late to everything. Nothing about kennar nothing about Croker. Surely they would be the first into it

I think NRL.com is the most unreliable source of information with anything NRL. They have never been onto early mail like others.
    Trajan
    Trajan

2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 21 - Page 26 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 21

Post by Trajan Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 am

wolfking wrote:

I think NRL.com is the most unreliable source of information with anything NRL.  They have never been onto early mail like others.

You are approaching critical mass with your Lichaa trade Wolfie. The sky will turn a vivid blue, the air will seem fresher and

a rainbow will magically appear to herald a new dawn in Wolfie's trade decisions. You know he scores well against Souths.

Just kidding, good luck with your trading Wolfie and I'm backing Souths 1-12 in my multi.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:46 am

Here's my version, which I think is a genuine douple loop.

1) you have a red dot in your starting 13 (lets say L Crocker at half RED))
    2) you have another red dot as your 4th ranked sub
    3) you have 2 spare halves which you position as EMG 7 and 8 with the one playing first at 7 (and no other halves in your INT or EMGs) and both play before Croker
    4) EMG5 plays before EMG6

So perhaps something like this:
    INT1: Merrin
    INT2: Murray
    INT3: RFM
    INT4: Hayne RED
    EMG5: Kikau
    EMG6: Griffin
    EMG7: Thurston
    EMG8: Townsend

The first loophole is just the standard one. Kikau plays first, if you like his score you don't do anything. If you don't like it, you swap Hayne with Griffin and take Griffins score instead.

The second loophole is in the halves. JT plays first and if you like him you do nothing and he becomes your highest rated half and subs in for Croker. If you don't like his score, you swap Townsend for Croker and take his score instead.

So over all you get to chose from 4 options:
    1) take Kikau and JT (which means making no changes to your initial lineup)
    2) take Kikua and Townsend (swap Townsend and Croker only)
    3) take Griffin and JT (swap Hayne and Griffin only)
    4) take Griffin and Townsend (swap Hayne and Griffin AND Townsend and Croker)

Does that work?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:55 am

newcastle herald reporting that rossdog may be dropped for SUPER KENNY SIO
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:57 am

Why would you have JT and Townsend in your team and only be able to have 1 of their scores. Seems like a waste of $$$. It's like you're betting on one of them scoring poorly
    Trajan
    Trajan

Post by Trajan Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:58 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Here's my version, which I think is a genuine douple loop.

1) you have a red dot in your starting 13 (lets say L Crocker at half RED))
    2) you have another red dot as your 4th ranked sub
    3) you have 2 spare halves which you position as EMG 7 and 8 with the one playing first at 7 (and no other halves in your INT or EMGs) and both play before Croker
    4) EMG5 plays before EMG6

So perhaps something like this:
    INT1: Merrin
    INT2: Murray
    INT3: RFM
    INT4: Hayne RED
    EMG5: Kikau
    EMG6: Griffin
    EMG7: Thurston
    EMG8: Townsend

The first loophole is just the standard one. Kikau plays first, if you like his score you don't do anything. If you don't like it, you swap Hayne with Griffin and take Griffins score instead.

The second loophole is in the halves. JT plays first and if you like him you do nothing and he becomes your highest rated half and subs in for Croker. If you don't like his score, you swap Townsend for Croker and take his score instead.

So over all you get to chose from 4 options:
    1) take Kikau and JT (which means making no changes to your initial lineup)
    2) take Kikua and Townsend (swap Townsend and Croker only)
    3) take Griffin and JT (swap Hayne and Griffin only)
    4) take Griffin and Townsend (swap Hayne and Griffin AND Townsend and Croker)

Does that work?

I am no wiz at these loopholes but that makes sense even to me Rip.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am

my tv broke wrote:newcastle herald reporting that rossdog may be dropped for SUPER KENNY SIO

What!?!? After Mogas game? What a joke. For Ross to catch half of those passes he’d have to be up in the 6th row..
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:59 am

tuned into the fantasy podacst. not much doing, some discussion on maloney stepping up, priced at 307k with cleary out. could see a small increase in gk+km but still missed 14 tackles last week on his way to a 27 with a try+lb (this includes -32 in demerits).

ckennedy also spoke to griffin who apparently plays fantasy, and is looking to make more tackles in the middle after defending 5 men in last week. make of that what you will
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:05 am

Loomer wrote:Why would you have JT and Townsend in your team and only be able to have 1 of their scores. Seems like a waste of $$$. It's like you're betting on one of them scoring poorly

haha, ok, but the actual players were just to provide some context not a real suggestion. Switch those for JMK and Croft if it helps.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

haha, ok, but the actual players were just to provide some context not a real suggestion. Switch those for JMK and Croft if it helps.

Well in that case it was a good explanation

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:14 am

These injuries are killing me. Lolohea, Cleary, TPJ, Aubbs, Papalli, Kennar...and it’s week 3? These smaller squads make things interesting, but with an injury toll like this, each week I’m forced to make two trades and it’s PISSING ME RIGHT OFF! Now I’ve had to bring in fucking Inglis.......INGLIS FFS!
    Fire up Greggy ya big bludger. Two meaties, 8tbs and a try assist or two....thanks in advance.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:14 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Haha, I like it, this is fun. I hadn't thought of that one. Just checking the logic though. If you swap Hayne in to the WFB spot, that means putting the existing WFB into spot 17, which would then be your highest ranking WFB reserve, which in turn would then become your AE for the Hayne...right? If thats the case the only way you get Tedesco in there is if you also swap your 21 guy (who's not a WFB), with the WFB you pulled from your starting team. That would ensure you get Tedesco, but would also mean your 21 guy scores in your 17.

Am I following correctly?

Yes, you are right. Would need a non CTR/WFB in 21 to sub into 17.
    Not at all worth the hassle.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:15 am

Loomer wrote:

Well in that case it was a good explanation

Thanks mate!
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 am

Rabbit wrote:These injuries are killing me. Lolohea, Cleary, TPJ, Aubbs, Papalli, Kennar...and it’s week 3? These smaller squads make things interesting, but with an injury toll like this, each week I’m forced to make two trades and it’s PISSING ME RIGHT OFF! Now I’ve had to bring in fucking Inglis.......INGLIS FFS!
    Fire up Greggy ya big bludger. Two meaties, 8tbs and a try assist or two....thanks in advance.

At the risk of pissing you off even more, why the fuck do you still have Aubs in there?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

At the risk of pissing you off even more, why the fuck do you still have Aubs in there?

Cause there’s no way I can get rid of the cunt. This week Cleary and Kennar have to be covered. Last week Lolo and some other prick had to be covered. He looked good after Week 1, then I went fishing and fuck me......640 waiting for me when I got home lol!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:27 am

Trajan wrote:

You are approaching critical mass with your Lichaa trade Wolfie. The sky will turn a vivid blue, the air will seem fresher and

a rainbow will magically appear to herald a new dawn in Wolfie's trade decisions. You know he scores well against Souths.

Just kidding, good luck with your trading Wolfie and I'm backing Souths 1-12 in my multi.

haha, thanks mate, Lichaa for 50. Wish I traded him to MBye last week but oh well, that's the way it goes. Still a bit risky running MBye in the halves I think, but I'm sticking with it. As I said, don't like playing Carty, but I think Rochow is a good pickup still and leaves me to have a look at Hastings, JMK and even Luai.

And yes, hopefully Souths can go 2 in a row. cheer
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:30 am

pm888 wrote:ckennedy also spoke to griffin who apparently plays fantasy, and is looking to make more tackles in the middle after defending 5 men in last week. make of that what you will

So. this guy backs himself so much he puts himself in his own team? Does Nathan Brown play fantasy too and this was Griffins pitch to get the number 9 jersey? "Give me the hooker role Brownie, I'm a great starting price and I'll repay the faith for ya mate" haha!!
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am

With Kennar out this will be my first time I have an NPR to loop and I'll be getting my free look at Kikau tonight. 35+ is my baseline to keep him there with only Rochow or Fualalo as my other trade in options.

Going through it all I realised that this years comp is going to be very different. Sorry if this has been pointed out before.

The ideal final team I see for this year is 19 guns and 2 NPRs. These NPRs would be in your starting WFB and starting HLF postions (Could realistically be any position you want but HLF and WFB tend to have the highest variance in scores).

Your 18-21 would look something like the following

18. SJ / Widdop
    19. DCE
    20. Rapana
    21. RTS

You'd only bother doing this once you had a full 17 up and running but this will give you

a) coverage (assuming your 13-17 cover other valuable positions (2RF, FRF, HOK) any of these guys would be a good bench inclusion when you run out of trades
    b) a chance to look at a volatile player capable of 100's but also with a low base (i.e. Rapana or SJ) with a more consistent backup player if they flame out
    c) For H2H players it lets you act with more knowledge (i.e. more games played). If you have the lead you can match players to secure a win or switch to try and catchup
    d) for Overall a chance to play the odds I.e. SJ is in 50% of the teams above and he did alright (45) whereas Widdop is only in 10% and might catch you up a few points. Worst case and SJ goes big you can just take his score anyway (non-asymmetric risk profiles at play)

Obviously like others have pointed out this has drawbacks

a) no guarantee of match orders working in your favour for optimum looping. However this is only 1 example of a double loop setup. This same group of players could have my two NPRs at 16 and 17 to loop in the two best of my 18-21 which may help in a week where match orders aren't as helpful as they could be.
    b) This needs at least another 1.5M in cash to work with 2 more gun players than you would for just a final 17.
    c) you'll likely burn more trades to get a final 19 than you would to get a strong final 17. You may have to spend trades to get ideal looping candidates too. This would affect your origin plans as you'd want a few more trades than usual to pull this off.

So while ranked subs and locking Captains may have prevented the Captains loophole (which I like) but replacing it with rolling lockouts and ranked subs means they have created double and possibly triple loophole options (Consider the above but use DPP guys like Walker and Mbye) where it rewards you for tactically arranging a team rather than giving you the 1 AE with the lowest score.

So congratulations Fanhub you have replaced a small but risky exploit (only 1 loophole but you must have 17 or less players and NPRs must be true NPRs. With 25 in a squad that meant 8 NPRs and no backups) with a repeatable multi position trick that you can use with just the 1 or 2 NPRs. Glad they made squad sizes smaller otherwise we'd have even more loophole chances.........

TLDR: Loophole is a valid strategy that the best teams will likely need to use to win. Doesn't mean I have to like it (not in the spirit of what the game is meant to be) but planning a final team around it would seem wise.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:34 am

Just had a look at Hastings stats last year. Mostly small minutes but last game played 65 mins hooker for.....

12pts Laughing
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:35 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

What!?!? After Mogas game? What a joke. For Ross to catch half of those passes he’d have to be up in the 6th row..

Bennett's greatest ever achievement was making Moga look like a 600k player.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:53 pm