NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 Brisbane Broncos Thread

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 pm

surmo13 wrote:

the same as everyone else?, lets not pretend that anyone has actually heard of this bloke before

Your list of ons & offs this year is massive and by my count you still have 3 more signings to go. With this kind of a clean out you would expect some time before the team gels. They would be outsiders to make the 8 you would think.

2018 Gains: Jack Bird (Cronulla Sharks, 2021), Troy Dargan (Parramatta Eels, 2018), Matthew Lodge (2018), Patrick Mago (North Queensland Cowboys, 2018), Andre Savelio (Warrington Wolves, 2019), Sam Tagataese (Cronulla Sharks, 2018), Jake Turpin (Melbourne Storm, 2018)
    2018 Losses: Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans), Adam Blair (New Zealand Warriors), Herman Ese'ese (Newcastle Knights), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans), Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), Matiu Love-Henry (New Zealand Warriors), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), David Mead (Catalan Dragons), Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights), Francis Molo (North Queensland Cowboys)

Post by Guest Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:00 pm

No Worries wrote:

Your list of ons & offs this year is massive and by my count you still have 3 more signings to go. With this kind of a clean out you would expect some time before the team gels. They would be outsiders to make the 8 you would think.

2018 Gains: Jack Bird (Cronulla Sharks, 2021), Troy Dargan (Parramatta Eels, 2018), Matthew Lodge (2018), Patrick Mago (North Queensland Cowboys, 2018), Andre Savelio (Warrington Wolves, 2019), Sam Tagataese (Cronulla Sharks, 2018), Jake Turpin (Melbourne Storm, 2018)
    2018 Losses: Jai Arrow (Gold Coast Titans), Adam Blair (New Zealand Warriors), Herman Ese'ese (Newcastle Knights), Keegan Hipgrave (Gold Coast Titans), Ben Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons), Matiu Love-Henry (New Zealand Warriors), Benji Marshall (Wests Tigers), David Mead (Catalan Dragons), Tautau Moga (Newcastle Knights), Francis Molo (North Queensland Cowboys)

so we're signing too many players except we should be signing 3 more? nice job of contradicting yourself there.

..... what's your end-game with this argument? because i'd expect this drivel from pieman, but you don't strike me as being clueless enough to try and make this point in earnest... Did you scroll down zero tackle a bit further? because near every clubs ons & offs are massive, its called depth signings... as far as actual relevant ins and outs go,it's not much, if at all, worse than a few other teams expected to be up there next season
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:35 pm

Yep openly contradict - not everything is an argument, it's just the donkey supporters that make it one.

Feels like you've signed 1000 players but you do the maths and you've lost 3 more than you've gained. Genuinely surprised about that.

The outsiders making the 8 was a tongue in cheek dig as something you would expect from a donkey supporter trying to claim underdog status. But as you rightly point out it's either depth signings or better on's than off's so you should go into 2018 favourites.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:26 pm

A Daruis Boyd injury away from missing the 8 IMO - but if he stays healthy, not making the top 4 would be pretty disappointing as a bronco fan, I assume.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:20 am

Pieman wrote:A Daruis Boyd injury away from missing the 8 IMO - but if he stays healthy, not making the top 4 would be pretty disappointing as a bronco fan, I assume.

Sounds about right, though I’d like to think we still finish around 7-8 without Boyd.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 am

Pieman wrote:A Daruis Boyd injury away from missing the 8 IMO - but if he stays healthy, not making the top 4 would be pretty disappointing as a bronco fan, I assume.
    Winning 3 straight wooden spoons would be pretty disappointing as a Knights fan, I assume.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:30 am

Dip wrote:

Sounds about right, though I’d like to think we still finish around 7-8 without Boyd.

yeh to be fair, we did beat a top 8 side and were within minutes of knocking over a top 4 side without him in the finals last year, and with the introduction of Bird we're probably in a little bit better position to replace him this year, so i think we'd still find ourselves in the back-end of the top 8
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:46 am

Dip wrote:

Yeah that's probably fair - we probably just don't rate Darius as highly as the Pieman does.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:37 pm

He is only the second best fullback in the league when at his best, and third best at his worst.

Its more about not rating the depth at FB if he goes down. Jack Bird might be able to do a job there though if Boyd goes down. Or if Milf goes down and boyd has to move to 6.

You are prob right Dippy, sneaking in at 8 or so would prob the go.

And @moose another spoon would be disappointing considering that amount of great recruiting that Newcastle have done. I would say that making the 8 would be massive for newcastle this year, narrowly missing out is prob more likely though.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Kahu did a great job when Boyd missed half of 2015. He had a groin injury the last half of 2017 which stopped him playing there when Boyd went down, but I have full confidence in him when fit.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:13 am

It'd be great if Kahu was back at full strength and reliable.... poor bloke has drifted into the "one tackle away from an injury" category in my head.

He's one of few players that exceed my expectations. He's plodding along, doesn't really look like he's trying, or in any danger of getting to the line, then somehow he's threaded his way through three opponents and scored. All the while looking as casual as Justin Hodges.

Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah Kahu is a gun when healthy, which apparently is never
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:30 am

Piemole strikes again

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/12/19/06/45/brisbane-broncos-linked-to-england-winger-jermaine-mcgillvary-the-mole

I fkin hate the mole and the lurker, they clearly just read NRL forums and some how get paid to copy and paste what we write here.

Doesnt post the "link"/evidence/source - just states that the bronco's are linked to McGillvary. I would suggest that the link is Pieman saying it a few times recently here.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Pieman wrote:Piemole strikes again

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/12/19/06/45/brisbane-broncos-linked-to-england-winger-jermaine-mcgillvary-the-mole

I fkin hate the mole and the lurker, they clearly just read NRL forums and some how get paid to copy and paste what we write here.

Doesnt post the "link"/evidence/source - just states that the bronco's are linked to McGillvary. I would suggest that the link is Pieman saying it a few times recently here.

Didn't lurker actually get found out that he was full of shit like two years ago?

I remember some random on twitter said to him he saw Manranta at West Tigers and he put in his column "My sources tell me that Manrantas manager is in deep talks with the West Tigers and expected to sign within days"

Then the twitter goer came out and said he made it all up
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:05 pm

haha ive never heard that but it sounds spot on

a year or 2 ago lurker was clearly fishing through here and taking some of our posts and stating "player x has been linked with a club" and literally the only thing on the internet about it was a post on sportal or here

Post by Guest Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 pm

Its so easy for Jurnos to say the player x is link with one club or another because its something that normal fans cant prove. I mean its obvious as hell that most of the reports are full of it but when they get one right god don't we hear about it!

The only one that is legit is Barry Toohey. Never reports rubbish/clickbait and seems to be a nice bloke
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:54 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:Its so easy for Jurnos to say the player x is link with one club or another because its something that normal fans cant prove. I mean its obvious as hell that most of the reports are full of it but when they get one right god don't we hear about it!

The only one that is legit is Barry Toohey. Never reports rubbish/clickbait and seems to be a nice bloke

My favourite one recently was Moles report that he had hyped up as a world first report of a signing on a star player.

It was the hooker for the irish WC team asking for a release from his contract in the UK.

No signing. No star player. Best of all - wasnt a world first. The local rag had reported it the previous week.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:19 am

haha yeah thats amazing.
    spot on tho, when he gets one right he harps on about it.

The difference between mole and lurker is that mole actually gets one every now and then. The lurker never has and never will.

Lurker will say something like - "yeah I have heard that the roosters are looking at crichton, watch this space" after its been reported on all forms of media, then when its announced will be like, "Lurker knew it was happening."

Blows my mind that ladbrokes sponsor his shit
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Pieman wrote:haha yeah thats amazing.
    spot on tho, when he gets one right he harps on about it.

The difference between mole and lurker is that mole actually gets one every now and then. The lurker never has and never will.

Lurker will say something like - "yeah I have heard that the roosters are looking at crichton, watch this space" after its been reported on all forms of media, then when its announced will be like, "Lurker knew it was happening."

Blows my mind that ladbrokes sponsor his shit

People click on their links, that's all the sponsors care about unfortunately.

Post by Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:29 pm

filthridden wrote:

People click on their links, that's all the sponsors care about unfortunately.

Yep! I’ve fallen for it 100 times this year and I’ll probably fall for it 100 more times next year

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 am