NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Warriors
    Warriors

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Warriors Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:17 pm

filthridden wrote:

Man, that sucks Booze. Hope you're pulling through OK.

I was just thinking that my WFBs have been set and forget Inglis, Tedesco and Ponga since I started tinkering.

Would you want to have a look into some low-ownership WFBs that could see some improvement this year?
    I feel like this is the position with the least differences between teams.

I personally reckon you may be able to role the dice with the ranking system and emergencies and end up with the best scorer of Corey Thompson or Katoa each week, provided you have an NPR (say Milne) and a DPP like Mitchell in your centres. This may be worth more in points than finding a cheaper fullback that is not quite basement price.
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:18 pm

Hey everyone! Anyone have a rough idea of how much Havali might score? Around 30ish? Looking forward to Team lists :-)

Sent from Topic'it App

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:21 pm

filthridden wrote:

Man, that sucks Booze. Hope you're pulling through OK.

I was just thinking that my WFBs have been set and forget Inglis, Tedesco and Ponga since I started tinkering.

Would you want to have a look into some low-ownership WFBs that could see some improvement this year?
    I feel like this is the position with the least differences between teams.

Thanks mate

I am confused on this WFB position as well. I guess with so many cheapies in 2RF, less players 13-21 and able to take hookers on 13-17 means I have spare cash to spend at the back.
    Also like others mention that you spend all year trying to find centres and say your cheapies go well, the players you upgrade to may have as well so the gain is cancelled out.

The consensus seems to be Ponga/Tedesco/Katoa or Ponga/Mid ranger/Mid ranger
    I am looking at my WFB and it is Ponga/Inglis/CWalker mainly leaving Tedesco due to sheer cost.
    Also Walker allows me an insurance plan should Cartwright not work out in halves so can move up there with Croft.

Back 5 looks like

Leilua/Mitchell
    Ponga/CWalker/Inglis

Though have had Aubo in there as well but unsure if I want him for a third year haha

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:27 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Hey everyone! Anyone have a rough idea of how much Havali might score? Around 30ish? Looking forward to Team lists :-)

Sent from Topic'it App

Don't really have any stats on him but you would think if he plays 40 minutes he will probably get 30 points.

Cheap Hookers just seem so appealing but get them wrong and you end up with a rash Scott Moore.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thanks mate

I am confused on this WFB position as well. I guess with so many cheapies in 2RF, less players 13-21 and able to take hookers on 13-17 means I have spare cash to spend at the back.
    Also like others mention that you spend all year trying to find centres and say your cheapies go well, the players you upgrade to may have as well so the gain is cancelled out.

I am looking at my WFB and it is Ponga/Inglis/CWalker mainly leaving Tedesco due to sheer cost.
    Also Walker allows me an insurance plan should Cartwright not work out in halves so can move up there with Croft.

Back 5 looks like

Leilua/Mitchell
    Ponga/CWalker/Inglis

Though have had Aubo in there as well but unsure if I want him for a third year haha

I think Turbo will have a gun year just as much as Teddy will. Already gels with team, expected to be used as a big part in the playmaking and another year older another year wiser. Expect big things from this kid I think he still has a lot of room to improve.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Last team before TLT, not long to go now chaps.

Smith,
    AFB, Lodge
    Murray, Whitehead, RFM
    DCE, Croft
    BJ, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Katoa

Cook, TPJ, Arrow, Carty
    Havili, Nicholls, Croker, Thompson

30k left in the bank.

Thoughts guys?
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Cheers booze, so hopefully he might play around 50-60 minutes with Garvey on the bench to play 20-30. Such a huge risk but so bloody tempting hahahaha. Probably won’t do it lol

Sent from Topic'it App

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:31 pm

Someone I haven't seemed mentioned is Sam Mckendry
    Not a good last 18 months with injuries but.....

Entire career averages 38 minutes, 32 points '

Slow burner but you know what you are getting in the 18-21

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:Cheers booze, so hopefully he might play around 50-60 minutes with Garvey on the bench to play 20-30. Such a huge risk but so bloody tempting hahahaha. Probably won’t do it lol

Sent from Topic'it App

I read somewhere that there is no Garvey on bench but will be a wait and see and only a few more hours
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:33 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Last team before TLT, not long to go now chaps.

Smith,
    AFB, Lodge
    Murray, Whitehead, RFM
    DCE, Croft
    BJ, Hiku
    Teddy, Ponga, Katoa

Cook, TPJ, Arrow, Carty
    Havili, Nicholls, Croker, Thompson

30k left in the bank.

Thoughts guys?
    Awesome team :-) I like it
    Strong Bench

Sent from Topic'it App
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I think Turbo will have a gun year just as much as Teddy will. Already gels with team, expected to be used as a big part in the playmaking and another year older another year wiser. Expect big things from this kid I think he still has a lot of room to improve.

Ive been considering Turbo recently. His role is already defined and his points are scored by being genuinely good. Scoring tries, making breaks and assists etc.

My concern is that now Teddy is in a decent team, there may be less reliance on him to crab walk and hand slap, sorry I mean, take a hit up to relieve forwards. It seemed that Teddy's bigscores came from this sort of behaviour. The only reason ive kept him is Roosters have a small pack, so may still rely on him for that, AND he will surely get better attacking stats behind decent play makers.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:
    Strong Bench

Sent from Topic'it App

Cheers pal, TLT will ruin it. Hoping Arrow can get the prop spot and get DPP

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Quick one on Lichaa, priced at 36 points
    When he played more than 60 minutes last year he averaged 46 (he played 2 games off bench for under 10 minutes and x4 low 30 minute ones)

And that is in a year where he played poor
    Not a fan of his in real life but looks fit and healthy this year so seems a good option.

StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Not sure if anyone has noticed but pretty much everyone has new photos now. Some are still old or blacked out
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:43 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Cheers booze, so hopefully he might play around 50-60 minutes with Garvey on the bench to play 20-30. Such a huge risk but so bloody tempting hahahaha. Probably won’t do it lol

Sent from Topic'it App

I read somewhere that there is no Garvey on bench but will be a wait and see and only a few more hours

Omg really, that might be a risk worth taking then.

Sent from Topic'it App
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:45 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Strong Bench

Sent from Topic'it App

Cheers pal, TLT will ruin it. Hoping Arrow can get the prop spot and get DPP

No worries, fingers crossed!

Sent from Topic'it App
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:47 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Cheers mate
    Mentioned him earlier in the thread but comparing AFB and TPJ

Tevita Pangai Junior and Addin Fonua Blake are similar players and both players I have been looking at.

Both are big and break tackles,DPP, both may get more gametime due to injuries and have similar roles in their team.

However TPJ is 40k cheaper

If you take AFB last year where you get rid of his sub 35 minute games and his one big 61 minute game you get an average of 40 minutes played from 13 games
    This gets you 33 points so priced at 30 you would need him to get more than 45 minutes to make money from him (he has played 60 minutes once and probably due to injury)
    Either that or improve on his game which is already a high PPM.

TPJ due his cheaper starting cost and slightly higher PPM makes more $$$ from less minutes and as these aren't keepers will make money faster with less risk

Not one to go off to much off PPM but he consistently scores at 1.0

So priced at 27 you would think he would get a minimum of 35 minutes with potentially more so 35 points minimum , so at least 8 points under priced.
    Herman Ese'Ese averaged just under 36 minutes for context. DPP is handy too and like NAS he does go alright off the bench.

He is also capable of a TB so if he scores above 40 the first few games playing extra minutes then you may not get a chance to bring in.

Thanks mate, I do remember you posting this. I've actually gone a little cold on AFB with the bench still leaning towards TPJ. Will take Arrow also if it works out.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:47 pm

I am finding it tough to select the cheap cows and fit them all in.

Croker/Nicholls/Havili/Thompson/Katoa then you have Leilua/Kikau/Kennar/Issako/Doueihi/Mckendry then Hiku at a bit more

The more you run in your starting 17 the more you can fit. Probably more risk too
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:48 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

Omg really, that might be a risk worth taking then.

My understanding is Havili will be the ONLY HOOKER likely to be in 17. No indication of if he starts as hooker or comes on as hooker. Plenty of talk of Sezer (apparently known as Chicken) spending time in hooker and Williams playing a role in halves. Just no clarity on how that will work and who fills what role. But the most consistent message is Havilli to be the hooker, wont be getting huge minutes.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:51 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Thanks mate

Back 5 looks like

Leilua/Mitchell
    Ponga/CWalker/Inglis

That's a lot of money tied up in your back 5.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:34 am