NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:26 pm

wolfking wrote:I may take a punt on TPJ.  I was watching that stupid Broncos Insider show yesterday and I can't remember exactly what the segment was about but the performance coach guy I think it was did mention something about TPJ and how they were looking to increase his minutes this year.  Didn't say much more than that but even though he's starting as Milch said it could very well change when Macca starts, but Thaiday I think will get used a bit less and I think he may become more of a bench utility type player as TPJ is young and has a big career in front of him.  He was tremendous in the World Cup too.

Dunno all guess work.

Not one to goo to much off PPM but he consistently scores at 1.0

So priced at 27 you would think he would get a minimum of 35 minutes with potentially more so at least 7-10 points underpriced.
    Herman Ese'Ese averaged just under 36 minutes for context. DPP is handy too and like NAS he does go alright off the bench.

He is also capable of a TB so if he scores above 40 the first few games playing extra minutes then you may not get a chance to bring in.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2018 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:30 pm

pm888 wrote:

haha its funny you say that. every time i put cartwright into the 13 i feel like it looks wrong even though he is in my 17 so there is no difference. he doesnt inspire confidence does he?

I like Carty in my reserves because he's a solid back up half (I have plenty of cover for 2fr). If I start Carty in the halves then my back up half is L. Croker which I'm not comfortable with.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:31 pm

"Jordan Kahu confirms he’ll be Broncos goal-kicker in 2018 with rookie winger Jamayne Isaako to take the kick offs"

Kick offs fairly meaningless, but maybe Isaako will get an extended run and hold a wing spot once Bird returns (Oates into bench forwards at that point).
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:45 pm

I know it has been talked about before, but is anyone considering picking up Cronk in their team. I know he has never really been fantasy relevant but he is averaged at 40 points. With a bigger impact in KM's as friend doesn't kick and the potential to pick up a few more points with the forced drop outs surely that can go up somewhere close to 50 if not over?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:47 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Not one to goo to much off PPM but he consistently scores at 1.0

So priced at 27 you would think he would get a minimum of 35 minutes  with potentially more so at least 7-10 points underpriced.
    Herman Ese'Ese averaged just under 36 minutes for context. DPP is handy too and like NAS he does go alright off the bench.

He is also capable of a TB so if he scores above 40 the first few games playing extra minutes then you may not get a chance to bring in.

I just feel Broncos need this sort of player which they have been lacking. Their forwards the last few years IMO have always been very pedestrian, they need some flair and the explosiveness.
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:51 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:I know it has been talked about before, but is anyone considering picking up Cronk in their team. I know he has never really been fantasy relevant but he is averaged at 40 points. With a bigger impact in KM's as friend doesn't kick and the potential to pick up a few more points with the forced drop outs surely that can go up somewhere close to 50 if not over?

I considered it early on but thought there was more value in Nikorima. There was an article on how Friend was developing his game to have more running and kicking this season, but stuff like that comes out every year. That said, I didn't watch any of the roosters trial games. Maybe he did run and kick more....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:52 pm

I am close to running with TPJ. 

Trust him more than Latu/AFB/Evans. little bit more cash, but DPP is handy sso he can take a bench spot.
    Even if he goes to the bench later, he probably has enough upside to not lose cash.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:54 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:I know it has been talked about before, but is anyone considering picking up Cronk in their team. I know he has never really been fantasy relevant but he is averaged at 40 points. With a bigger impact in KM's as friend doesn't kick and the potential to pick up a few more points with the forced drop outs surely that can go up somewhere close to 50 if not over?

yeh i've had him for a while, if Mitchell Pearce can knock out consistent 50's with a spine that barely kicks in general play, surely Cronk can follow suit
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 pm

@TheWeapon wrote:I considered it early on but thought there was more value in Nikorima. There was an article on how Friend was developing his game to have more running and kicking this season, but stuff like that comes out every year. That said, I didn't watch any of the roosters trial games. Maybe he did run and kick more....
    @surmo13 wrote:yeh i've had him for a while, if Mitchell Pearce can knock out consistent 50's with a spine that barely kicks in general play, surely Cronk can follow suit

I had Walker in HLF and Latu on Bench but have gone sour on Latu. If I downgrade Walker I can fit Arrow on my bench but unfortunately I have not jumped on the Niko train :RapanaScores: and I cant remember but Cronk has retired form origin this year correct?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:00 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

I had Walker in HLF and Latu on Bench but have gone sour on Latu. If I downgrade Walker I can fit Arrow on my bench but unfortunately I have not jumped on the Niko train :RapanaScores: and I cant remember but Cronk has retired form origin this year correct?

Yeah, Cronk not playing origin this year.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:I am close to running with TPJ. 

Trust him more than Latu/AFB/Evans. little bit more cash, but DPP is handy sso he can take a bench spot.
    Even if he goes to the bench later, he probably has enough upside to not lose cash.

The talk on here re Latu and Arrow has me concerned with Latu now. I'm still pretty keen on AFB though.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Yep Cronk and Thurston both retired this year.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:02 pm

@Sauce Reed @stufishing

Please join the NRL FF leagues - you should have instructions

Still 8 people short in the Fanatics overall league. Join up or risk losing your spot.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:04 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Was reading over some of the posts from yesterday and someone mentioned Munster. Are people not picking him due to not wanting 2 halves from the same team? I'm tempted if I'm being honest but my second half is currently one of my most difficult positions

I think Munster's a great pick. Top 4 team, main half, played in rep teams and most of the season as five-eighth last year. Averaged almost 50 with only one try as well. Only reason I haven't picked him is I've gone the cheaper option in Townsend with guaranteed upside (goal kicking) and spent my money in the 2rf. Also the sealer was that Munster will most likely play origin. Already have Tedesco, Fifita and Merrin (last 2 are maybe's).
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:09 pm

I just don't want to spend $714k on a half.

Thurston at $647k is my limit. Will go him or cheaper.

I don't think Munster is especially undervalued. Good scorer and is priced accordingly
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:10 pm

I've got too many base price players i want - anyone want to rank these from best to worst? (positions irrelevant)

Croker,
    Doueihi,
    Kennar,
    Katoa,
    Kikau,
    Leilua,
    Thompson
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:12 pm

quicksand wrote:
    SI wrote:

Hmmmm, food for thought.  I was a way for a few weeks so think I missed where you linked these stats mate.  Any chance you could link again please?

is this what you are after ?

www.nrlfantasystats.com/

Yep, cheers QS, Booze linked me as well, ta.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:13 pm

wolfking wrote:

The talk on here re Latu and Arrow has me concerned with Latu now.  I'm still pretty keen on AFB though.

I'm keen on AFB as well. He's a mini Taupau but he's not a noted big minute player. Plus he could end up on the bench when Lussick returns but maybe he's played so well he's made the starting position his own. If Ese'ese gets named at lock I still might get him.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:14 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I've got too many base price players i want - anyone want to rank these from best to worst? (positions irrelevant)

Croker,
    Doueihi,
    Kennar,
    Katoa,
    Kikau,
    Leilua,
    Thompson

Just my opinion;

Katoa (just about a must have)
    Croker (Looks like the 6 jumper is his)
    Kennar (Worth having for sure if he gets a spot)
    Thompson (Coach obviously rates and I think can still get a spot even if Lolohea comes back)
    Doueihi (Gun in the making but job security the problem here. If ARey was out long term, he'd be up the top)
    Kikau (Will have the same role as last year)
    Leilua (After his trial games, I think he'll struggle to make the 17)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:15 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I've got too many base price players i want - anyone want to rank these from best to worst? (positions irrelevant)

Croker,
    Doueihi,
    Kennar,
    Katoa,
    Kikau,
    Leilua,
    Thompson

Croker, Kennar, Katoa, Thompson, Kikau, Leilua, Doueihi

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 am