NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Cronk/Pearce Watch

Poll

Where will he end up?

[ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left17%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left25%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left0%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left8%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 1 ]
    [ 0 ]
    [ 4 ]
    Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_left33%Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 12
    Pieman
    Pieman

Cronk/Pearce Watch - Page 3 Empty Re: Cronk/Pearce Watch

Post by Pieman Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am

No Worries wrote:I thought Parker was paying the Broncos to play ??
    Pretty sure he had a 3rd party agreement to pay the bronco's for every game he played and they paid that money to James Roberts. That how they saved money by signing Roberts, duh.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:42 am

I'm hearing The teams in contention still at Roosters, Sharks and Eels???

I'd love him at the Eels, but I'm just not sure how he fits, same with the Roosters.

Sure, I'd partner him with Norman in the halves, but what then with Moses, I can't see how it works for us long term unless Moses is happy to be his understudy for one year and then Cronk goes into an assistant coach role, which I would love. Hmmmm, just not sure it will happen.

Of those three sides, Sharks makes the most sense from a current roster point of view, but if I'm Cronk,im backing either of the other two sides as better Premiership hopes.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 am

No Worries wrote:I thought Parker was paying the Broncos to play ??

Only after his long-service discount was applied.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:29 am

Ice wrote:I'm hearing The teams in contention still at Roosters.

fixed

he isn't going anywhere else, this is the roosters, if they want him, they'll get him.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:50 pm

Come to Newcastle, Pearcey. We'll take care of you.

I can't believe the Roosters would kick out Pearce for Cronk. To me that's mind boggling. Cronk may well be a better player but there's ripping out the fabric of the club in order for short term gain. Huge risk.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:22 pm

So Roosters it is. With speculation Pearce will ask for a release with Manlykeen. Question is, if Manly are keen on Pearce, why not go for Cronk.

As to Cronk, if he can't lead a Roosters outfit bolstered by Tedesco to the promised land I think it will confirm those that say he needed Smith and Slater. But he does have Tedesco and friend with him, so really, no excuses, he is certainly and improvement on Pearce in the 7. So the team that ran second have bolstered significantly the spine and should make the GF. That said, will it prove he didn't need Slater and Smith or confirm he needs a top shelf FB and Hooker.

Interesting times indeed.
    Ice

Post by Ice Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 pm

So Roosters it is. With speculation Pearce will ask for a release with Manlykeen. Question is, if Manly are keen on Pearce, why not go for Cronk.

As to Cronk, if he can't lead a Roosters outfit bolstered by Tedesco to the promised land I think it will confirm those that say he needed Smith and Slater. But he does have Tedesco and friend with him, so really, no excuses, he is certainly and improvement on Pearce in the 7. So the team that ran second have bolstered significantly the spine and should make the GF. That said, will it prove he didn't need Slater and Smith or confirm he needs a top shelf FB and Hooker.

Interesting times indeed.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:01 am

Honeysett wrote:Come to Newcastle, Pearcey. We'll take care of you.

I can't believe the Roosters would kick out Pearce for Cronk. To me that's mind boggling. Cronk may well be a better player but there's ripping out the fabric of the club in order for short term gain. Huge risk.

its the same fabric of the club that heavily contributed to their 2016 season going down the gutter tho

Cronk for 2, maybe 3 years on that roster is more likely to win you a comp (they'll be favs without a doubt ) then pearce. pearce would obviously play on after that but windows don't last forever and cronk gives them a bigger chance now. i understand the call.

Personally, i think pearce should be more accommodating and willing to move to 9, i understand why he doesn't want to accept it but to me

1) you're getting to play with probably the most professional player in the game, it could only help you in the long term
    2) you're general ability probably wouldn't transfer that badly to hooker - you may also actually be a bigger chance at remaining in the NSW team if such a move was successful
    3) You're more likely to win a comp
    4) while pearce has been loyal to them, i think to this point they have stuck by him through a fair few bad times on and off the field, you're not being shafted, you play for the team that is always looking to have the best roster in the comp and there is a better halfback then yourself available, you'll still get paid and still be in the team
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 am

leaguegod wrote:

its the same fabric of the club that heavily contributed to their 2016 season going down the gutter tho

Cronk for 2, maybe 3 years on that roster is more likely to win you a comp (they'll be favs without a doubt ) then pearce. pearce would obviously play on after that but windows don't last forever and cronk gives them a bigger chance now. i understand the call.

Personally, i think pearce should be more accommodating and willing to move to 9, i understand why he doesn't want to accept it but to me

1) you're getting to play with probably the most professional player in the game, it could only help you in the long term
    2) you're general ability probably wouldn't transfer that badly to hooker - you may also actually be a bigger chance at remaining in the NSW team if such a move was successful
    3) You're more likely to win a comp
    4) while pearce has been loyal to them, i think to this point they have stuck by him through a fair few bad times on and off the field, you're not being shafted, you play for the team that is always looking to have the best roster in the comp and there is a better halfback then yourself available, you'll still get paid and still be in the team
    exactly mate good post.

The bloke could learn a lot from Cronk and it would be 1/2 years max as well. They will rest cronk a bit too so its a silly move to leave just coz they they have signed him. Not to mention the fact if there are injuries or at the very least fight him out for the position. Take it as an opportunity to develop your own game.

Personally, while pearce is a very good club halfback - i dont want him at newcastle. We have seen how he operates behind a beaten pack and I dont want another trent hodkinson on our books.

I mean fuck, even the best play of the generation in Joey played his share of hooker and 6 in rep teams, I dont see how playing another position or learning from one of the best ever is a bad thing.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:47 am

Cronk to Roosters, Pearce to Manly and Blake Green to the Warriors.
    Two clubs win and one gets the scraps.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:51 am

Who are these halfs consistently performing behind a beaten pack?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:16 pm

Ice wrote:Who are these halfs consistently performing behind a beaten pack?
    The point of that comment is - I would rather pay and play and develop connor watson and brock lamb a fraction of the price of what a pearce is asking. Why pay a fortune for a half (unless its jt) when we have a beaten pack nearly every week when we can pay heaps less and end up with the same result.
    Dip

Post by Dip Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:19 pm

It won’t happen, but I would be one of the few Queenslanders to admit that I would be quite happy to have Pearce end up Broncos. I think he’s easily been one of the best NRL halfbacks for a few seasons now and most certainly an improvement on someone like Kodi Nikorima. I think he’d be fantastic half back to pair with Anthony Milford.

As a Queenslander, I’d also be more than happy for him to be selected for New South Wales again for obvious reasons. I can look past his Origin deficiencies when looking for a club player. If Pearce was say an Englishman, or French, and not eligible for Origin, then most people wouldn’t have a problem with him.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:09 am

filthridden wrote:Cronk to Roosters, Pearce to Manly and Blake Green to the Warriors.
    Two clubs win and one gets the scraps.

Think it might be Manly getting the scraps there. Green is exactly what SJ and the Warriors need, while can't see a Pearce/DCE combo working at all.

Fantasy-wise, what do we figure about Cronk's potential at the Roosters? Would be inclined to say similar to the Storm, but whoever's playing as his edge 2RF (Cordner? Matterson? Aubbs?) should get more attacking stats.
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Pieman wrote:
    The point of that comment is - I would rather pay and play and develop connor watson and brock lamb a fraction of the price of what a pearce is asking. Why pay a fortune for a half (unless its jt) when we have a beaten pack nearly every week when we can pay heaps less and end up with the same result.

Agree with that reasoning 100%. Newie would be crazy to go after Pearce.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Although we can't afford him I'd take Pearce at the Broncos. While he doesn't belong in the origin arena (as his track record proves) he is a great club halfback. Would slot into the Broncos spine nicely. Would look at chopping some dead wood like Thaiday among others to fit him in.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:46 am

as far as genuine 7's, pearce is absolutely top 5(maybe 6 lol morgan, jt, cronk for sure. DCE and SJ debatable)

Broncs would be a perfect fit in all honesty, him and milf just seems like a great match

i'd love to have him at the dogs but we're flat out being under the cap as it is haha
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:10 pm

Moose wrote:Although we can't afford him I'd take Pearce at the Broncos. While he doesn't belong in the origin arena (as his track record proves) he is a great club halfback. Would slot into the Broncos spine nicely. Would look at chopping some dead wood like Thaiday among others to fit him in.

Never agreed with you more than above.

Only worry for me is that playing the broncs may improve his origin performance.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:29 pm

I dont think anyone ever really criticises Pearce's club land form. He is generally in the top few halfbacks each year in club land. Never the best halfback consistently but is never far from it each week.

He would be a great fit at the bronco's and OSM would prob jizz his pants if it happened.
    He would also be a great fit at the Storm as cronk's replacement (which would be pretty funny).

Personally, I wouldn't want him at newcastle at the moment until we have a pack that can dominate more often than it doesn't. And by the time that comes around - Lamb and Watson have the potential to be a top flight halves pairing.

I would take him as a hooker now though - but not for the 800k or whatever he is on
    Ice

Post by Ice Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:39 am

Pain wrote:

Never agreed with you more than above.  

Only worry for me is that playing the broncs may improve his origin performance.  

Why would playing for the Broncos improve his Origin performances? I may be mistaken but haven't the Roosters won more Premierships, Minor Premierships and played in more GFs than Brisbane over the last 10 seasons? To that end, I think your right,of Pearce had been with the Broncos they may have won more of each and certainly they'd better with him. Next. Year.

Put Pearce in the Aus team and I don't think his Origin game is going to improve.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 12:53 pm