NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

danseels1985
    danseels1985

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

Post by danseels1985 Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:02 pm

SI wrote:

Depends on your other players, post your whole team if you can be fucked.  It's a pretty important decision.

zorasdomain wrote:

Wait and see who is out longer? That was my strategy for dealing with Friend and SJ with 1 trade. If one is out for 2 weeks and the other 6 that pretty much makes your decision for you.
    Though both are concerning because neither play for teams who are known for their transparency around injuries.

At least Smith's next game is his 350th so it would be harder for them to keep secret when he will return.

If both are out for a similar period I'd probably hold Smith and scrap Surgess, as Surgess has been pretty rubbish lately anyway. If you can afford a decent replacement with Surgess's reduced price.

Lots of "what ifs" so not very helpful Smile

Thanks for that guys. Yes well hopefully the updates are conclusive so I can make a decision easily.
    Here is my team by the way

Smith McInnes
    Fifita Taupau Brown Eisenhuth
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Fai
    Pearce DCE NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Scott Fuimaono Kelly
    Munster Mansour Edwards Hayne Phythian

Clearly I could make do with just one of them being out but not both if it was more than a couple of weeks,just means throwing my last R on Eisenhuth,NuBrown,Fui or Hayne. I guess all I can do is wait and see right?
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59 - Page 37 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 59

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:04 pm

Smith going down by one point....... damn thought he was owed a TB or two.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:21 pm

danseels1985 wrote:
    SI wrote:

Depends on your other players, post your whole team if you can be fucked.  It's a pretty important decision.

zorasdomain wrote:

Wait and see who is out longer? That was my strategy for dealing with Friend and SJ with 1 trade. If one is out for 2 weeks and the other 6 that pretty much makes your decision for you.
    Though both are concerning because neither play for teams who are known for their transparency around injuries.

At least Smith's next game is his 350th so it would be harder for them to keep secret when he will return.

If both are out for a similar period I'd probably hold Smith and scrap Surgess, as Surgess has been pretty rubbish lately anyway. If you can afford a decent replacement with Surgess's reduced price.

Lots of "what ifs" so not very helpful Smile

Thanks for that guys. Yes well hopefully the updates are conclusive so I can make a decision easily.
    Here is my team by the way

Smith McInnes
    Fifita Taupau Brown Eisenhuth
    Taumalolo JDB Gallen Surgess Crichton Fai
    Pearce DCE NuBrown Hampton
    BJ Scott Fuimaono Kelly
    Munster Mansour Edwards Hayne Phythian

Clearly I could make do with just one of them being out but not both if it was more than a couple of weeks,just means throwing my last R on Eisenhuth,NuBrown,Fui or Hayne. I guess all I can do is wait and see right?

Personal opinion-I'd hold a week or 2. There will be teams bleeding points now with as many or more injuries and no trades. You don't want to join that queue if another couple of guns go down in a position you can't fix.

eg McInnes gets injured you are fucked.

One of your halves gets injured you are nearly fucked.

You can still track a decent 17 together, I'd play what you can for the next couple of weeks and then maybe use that trade to strengthen in Round 23/24.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:50 pm

Any updates on the Panthers v Titans game. Cheers.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 pm

White Lightning wrote:Any updates on the Panthers v Titans game. Cheers.

Edwards 41
    Cleary 48  
    Mansour 26

Hayne 37
    JWal 48
    James 70
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Tony Archer has said that Soliola should have been sent off. Fair call. Would love to know what it would take for someone to be sent off nowadays.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:47 pm

This goes for anyone with only 1 trade left and multiple injuries. (Wait for news on the offchance someone is coming back sooner .) Then decide the best way to achieve the strongest 17. So look for who is the best option money can buy. (Situationally i.e. Having only Smith as your hooker means you should trade him.)
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:54 pm

See this is why I get frustrated with the NRL, that's not a send off. It's only talked about because of the injury. Everyone says it's so late but in fast motion it's not THAT late. It's still bad and I think ten in the bin is enough but sending someone off should be for deliberate dirty acts. If that was an elbow then sure. Gone. The fact of the matter is he lined him up, Slater slipper and it went bad. He'll cop a huge suspension because Slater is a perceived golden child and Soliola isn't a big enough name to not be rubbed out. At worst it's reckless and high, 1-2 weeks. He's going to get the book thrown at him because he's built like a brick shit house and Slater is the second coming of Jesus at the moment for the NRL.

While I do truly hope that Billy is alright, I hope he also has a moment of reflection for the times he headbutted someone, kicked someone in the face or dove at them with his knees to their face and thinks that maybe just maybe karma is a bitch.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Honeysett wrote:See this is why I get frustrated with the NRL, that's not a send off. It's only talked about because of the injury. Everyone says it's so late but in fast motion it's not THAT late. It's still bad and I think ten in the bin is enough but sending someone off should be for deliberate dirty acts. If that was an elbow then sure. Gone. The fact of the matter is he lined him up, Slater slipper and it went bad. He'll cop a huge suspension because Slater is a perceived golden child and Soliola isn't a big enough name to not be rubbed out. At worst it's reckless and high, 1-2 weeks. He's going to get the book thrown at him because he's built like a brick shit house and Slater is the second coming of Jesus at the moment for the NRL.

While I do truly hope that Billy is alright, I hope he also has a moment of reflection for the times he headbutted someone, kicked someone in the face or dove at them with his knees to their face and thinks that maybe just maybe karma is a bitch.
    I agree with the sentiment here mate, it is a suspension because he made contact with the head but Slater slipped hence the high contact. He has headhunted Billy no doubt but without the slip it's your standard late hit on a kicker
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:46 pm

Honeysett wrote:See this is why I get frustrated with the NRL, that's not a send off. It's only talked about because of the injury. Everyone says it's so late but in fast motion it's not THAT late. It's still bad and I think ten in the bin is enough but sending someone off should be for deliberate dirty acts. If that was an elbow then sure. Gone. The fact of the matter is he lined him up, Slater slipper and it went bad. He'll cop a huge suspension because Slater is a perceived golden child and Soliola isn't a big enough name to not be rubbed out. At worst it's reckless and high, 1-2 weeks. He's going to get the book thrown at him because he's built like a brick shit house and Slater is the second coming of Jesus at the moment for the NRL.

That's the risk you take with illegal play. If its a regular late shot on a ball player that happens 10-15 times a game it's a penalty at most. Slater slips and its slightly later then normal. Wouldn't have happened if he wasn't going to hit Slater late. 2-4 weeks is enough for mine
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:40 pm

Smith going down a point to rub salt in the wounds. Was so excited finally getting my team pretty much complete and getting smith back in a chucking the C in him, then the second half happened.

I know im not the only one this morning but I am so disappointed waking up this morning, and feel for those with less trades then myself.
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:18 pm

Luckily I don't have smith but I was looking forward to buying him this week to complete my team. With surgess also going down I will likely have to opt for a mannering upgrade and Macca in place of smith. This will leave me with 0 trades Sad

If I can afford to I'll hold onto merrin, on triple m yesterday he said it's a 4 to 6 week lay off.

Does anyone know roughly how much leilua and Scott will be worth next week?
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:19 pm

At the end of the day, it's just a game, a hobby. You shouldn't be waking up feeling disappointed from fantasy sports. It sucks, as I'm in the same boat but this is what fantasy sports is all about, especially salary/trade based over draft (NFL/NBA) as you can't just pick someone else up off the waiver wire. Life goes on.
    luckynumber8
    luckynumber8

Post by luckynumber8 Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:25 pm

My strategy to rid all players outside the 17 so I can loophole has backfired dramatically with 2 trades left and CS9 and Sammy B, but the sun is shining and I think Oporto's for lunch is on the cards so all is good.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:35 pm

Is it too early to say fuck you fantasy 2017, see you next year?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:38 pm

Captain smith down to 36
    Traded in Munster (40) for RTS (42).

Pearce's 59 is probably the only decision-based win for me this week.

and playing Curtis Scott over Leilua Sad

541 + McInnes, Vaughan, Brown, Taupau, JDB and Tedesco.

850 is probably a dream at this point. Sad

Wonder who is going to get injured today.

TLT will be very interesting this coming week.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:01 am

On track for a perfect round with my tips. Wonder who will cause an upset today to ruin the perfect score. With Duges out for the Dragons surely the Sea Eagles win? Eels should get the win over the lacklustre Tigpies.
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:05 am

OnTheLast wrote:Is it too early to say fuck you fantasy 2017, see you next year?
    If you are low on trades or out of trades completely you should join in the nudie run comp. Definitely brings a new outlook to watching games.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:11 am

OnTheLast wrote:Is it too early to say fuck you fantasy 2017, see you next year?

Yeah it's usually about this time of the year I start to focus on epl fantasy haha.
    mango
    mango

Post by mango Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:16 am

598/12

McInnes, Taupau, JDB, Brown and TTurbo to come.

This'll be the start of the big slide in rankings for me with CS9 and Surgess to deal with and only 1 trade left.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 9:50 am