NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:52 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Having a back three of all the same team a bad move?

Since you're looking at the Panthers, not necessarily. Not sold on Moylan fantasy wise though.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56 - Page 13 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 56

Post by Johnny B Goode Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:55 am

Club combos are good when they're killing it, not so good when they're in a slump. Had Hunt/Milf somehow as my HLF's pairing last year and that destroyed my season in the middle part of it. Had Croker/Leilua for the run home though and they beasted it.

Haven't looked at the Panthers draw to finish the year but keep in mind they've barely beaten any good teams this year and just got walloped by Souths.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Is having a back 3 of Mansour, Edwards, Moylan a bad dea with there run in??
    Very good question, my take is probably yes, bad move.

When forwards are in a team getting flogged they can still post decent to good scores. When backs are getting pumped they can have horrible scores without the attacking stats. As for this particular combination:

Dedwards is unproven, although travelling exceptionally well thus far. Last game a run late in the game gave him over a third of his points.

Moylan has improved since moving to the halves, but still only averaging 40 there in 4 games WITH 3 tries and associated LB's/TB's.

Mansour could go gangbusters as we know, but could go down at any time, I tend to ignore injury history early in the season, but start putting some weight to it when running out of trades.

I personally don't think it is a great idea, just my opinion mate. But we all know what happened last time I gave you advice on selecting backs Embarassed

Last edited by SI on Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:03 am

I don't think Seggy will play 80 mins for the first few weeks but I'd say that will be the aim.

He's an interesting option, could be a great pod.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:14 am

TheWeapon wrote:

Friend has a bye rd 19. But I might bring him in - I like that he has added kick meters to his game, and will be likely kicking a bit more this week with Pearce out

Shit, you're right Very Happy I've got McCullough for cover that round.
    british1987

Post by british1987 Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:15 am

I was thinking seggy as i do have hodgson who i need to trade out. Only have 3 trades left though lol
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 am

Felise Kaufusi officially 18th man for QLD. Doesnt affect owners as he won't join the squad until after the Storm play.

Ash Taylor and Andrew Mccullough also joining squad for a number of training sessions.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:33 am

SI wrote:
    Very good question, my take is probably yes, bad move.

When forwards are in a team getting flogged they can still post decent to good scores. When backs are getting pumped they can have horrible scores without the attacking stats. As for this particular combination:

Dedwards is unproven, although travelling exceptionally well thus far. Last game a run late in the game gave him over a third of his points.

Moylan has improved since moving to the halves, but still only averaging 40 there in 4 games WITH 3 tries and associated LB's/TB's.

Mansour could go gangbusters as we know, but could go down at any time, I tend to ignore injury history early in the season, but start putting some weight to it when running out of trades.

I personally don't think it is a great idea, just my opinion mate. But we all know what happened last time I gave you advice on selecting backs Embarassed

Cheers buddy, haha oh yes i will always remember that.

Panthers have a fairly good run to the end of the year so expecting them to score a few points. Also hoping they push for that top 8 spot.

Already have Mansour and Edwards so could possibly look at TTurbo or Walker to replace Munster.

Would they be better picks?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:37 am

Rabbit wrote:

Shit, you're right Very Happy  I've got McCullough for cover that round.

Thinking Friend played 1 more game than McInnes explains why you thought he's a better option Laughing
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:37 am

my tv broke wrote:Felise Kaufusi officially 18th man for QLD. Doesnt affect owners as he won't join the squad until after the Storm play.

Phew!
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:50 am

Nervous about trading my mate Munster out. Have used all 3 trades this week...
    RTS - 138k
    Whitehead (finally!!) - Surgess
    Munster - Cleary

Leaving 5 trades and 400k to do Frawley - Pearce, McInnes - Smith R20 for final team of

Smith, Friend
    Fifita Taupau
    Surgess Taumalolo Gallen Crichton JDB
    Pearce SJ, Cleary
    Leilua, Hayne
    Edwards Mansour Tedesco
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 am

I have the option of trading Fuimaono to Merrin.
    This doesn't gain me any more players over the next two rounds however should see a points increase.

I currently have six trades left.

Other option is I trade Fui next round to a gun who doesn't play this round... however I can't afford anyone higher than Merrin without making a second trade (this would be next round).

Thoughts? Just bite the bullet and bring Merrin in as a keeper?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:02 am

filthridden wrote:I have the option of trading Fuimaono to Merrin.
    This doesn't gain me any more players over the next two rounds however should see a points increase.

Other option is I trade Fui next round to a gun who doesn't play this round... however I can't afford anyone higher than Merrin without making a second trade (this would be next round).

Who are your centres? If Fui keeps going the way he is you can play him there comfortably unless you already have a couple decent scorers there
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:03 am

Fui scored 42. In 51 mins. At centre
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am

If anything just do it next week as the price difference should be smaller between the two shouldn't it?

I don't think there's any reason to trade Fui out at the moment. Put him in your centres and if he gets 40 points in 50 minutes, it's happy days.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:12 am

Think ill post my team and see what you guys think.

Friend, McInnes
    Fifita, Kapow, McGuire, Tualau
    Crichton, Surgess, Gallen, Taumalolo, JDB, ET
    Cleary, Lolohea, Brown, Laybutt
    Croker, SMat, Hayne, Kelly
    Mansour, Edwards, Munster, MWZ, Abbey

8 trades left and 44k in the bank. Rank about 1600 so if i want top 1000 i need some POD love.

Any tips lads?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 am

I'm thinking of a trade of Lolohea to the Ross dog, this game is making me crazy!
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:24 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Think ill post my team and see what you guys think.

Friend, McInnes

8 trades left and 44k in the bank. Rank about 1600 so if i want top 1000 i need some POD love.

Any tips lads?

Id stick with your forward pack, unless you wanted to bring in someone like JTurbo for forward POD.

Plenty of ground to make up in the Halves and CTW.

Croker unfortunately isn't looking as safe as he normally isk, SMat is garbage after 18rds im sick of hearing "due a big score".

Bit of POD action in CTRs, Aitken and Roberts would be my targets if I had the trades (after this round, I thin Aitken is due back soon). But I don't so im stuck with Cotric and Turbo.

If you could find a way to bring in Pearce after Rd 19, that would sure up your halves.

Dunno the best approach to get those players in, regarding you dollarydoo situation. But those would be my targets

Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:27 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Merrin and JBrom get a lot of air time in fantasy including around here which is full of good judges.

They are going awful guys.

Injuries aside. Their minutes are what they are and their points are trash.

Now Peachey is coming in for Whare to hopefully help Merrin get this big boost but if we just go on what we've seen and know from THiS year, you shouldn't be going anywhere near him

Merrin's season average is 47 with a 5 game average of 53. It's not his best year by any stretch but it's not trash, and I certainly wouldn't be suprised if he averaged over 50 for the rest of the year.

I am completely with you on JBrom
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:28 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Think ill post my team and see what you guys think.

Friend, McInnes

Any tips lads?

You need a better second half, Lolohea ain't a keeper. I know you can switch Munster but then you'd have the same problem at the back. Look forward to next week too, you'll be down a WFB unless MWZ gets a run. Unless you are willing to trade Munster out. You could always burn a trade and swap Abbey out to a DPP so you can swap Hayne between the centres and backs if you wanted to keep Munster just for cover for next week.

You could always cash out ET and use the money to upgrade Lolohea to DCE or SJ next week if money allows.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:55 pm