NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 23 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:16 am

Milchcow wrote:

Just on this sort of thing. What exactly is the mistake, and how do you plan on avoiding it next time?

With hindsight, it's easy to see that Fui outscored MWZ. But does that mean next time you'll pick the bench forward ahead of the starting Centre?

Without seeing the future, what will you change to not make that mistake again.

Agree on this. You can't really have foreseen that Fui would go so well.

Personally Fui is another example of why sitting tight ended up working for me this year. The week that both Fui and MWZ were named for their first games, I was going to trade in MWZ. At last minute I decided to just hold off and see how they went. Got Fui in the next week after he looked really strong in his first game. Even at that point though, there was no guarantee he'd continue to get good minutes, but it seemed like a good hunch to follow at that point.

Glad I missed MWZ. I honestly thought he'd do alot better.

I think since immediate price rises came in, it has spooked alot of us into thinking we need to trade in immediately.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here - Page 23 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 52 - Fantasy talk in here

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 am

Stew wrote:Any tips for Stew for the upcoming bi rounds?

I reckon Stew should get a piece of Marty Taupau. He is now extremely bi-friendly and is big strong and can bust holes wide open!
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 am

bluetige wrote:Missed most of yesterdays Banter but could Milford the Magician be Hench

Bronco supporter
    Former Arsewipe
    Laughed at the suggestion he was his Wacko
    Didn't say too much when someone mentioned he was Twotwo
    regular poster in league section
    However he did say he didn't post much in the fantasy section but I'm calling it bluff
    general posting type similar to Hench but without the aggressiveness
    turns up just after SI gives Hench a congrats for being so high up in the Rankings

Just a hunch!
    I was thinking Hench as well, although I can't remember what I did this morning so remembering who's who from Sportal is beyond me.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 am

Chucky wrote:
    I was thinking Hench as well, although I can't remember what I did this morning so remembering who's who from Sportal is beyond me.

Would anyone admit they were Hench, not likely, so we may never find out the truth.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:28 am

bluetige wrote:The NRLs's most disappointing players this year.............related to Fantasy too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/the-most-disappointing-nrl-players-of-the-2017-season/154os43wv6bz313ri6k6zj0n3p

Bit harsh having Suli in there. How much he's paid relates to value for money, doesn't necessarily make him disappointing.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:28 am

bluetige wrote:The NRLs's most disappointing players this year.............related to Fantasy too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/list/the-most-disappointing-nrl-players-of-the-2017-season/154os43wv6bz313ri6k6zj0n3p

Agree with all, except for Suli. I think he looks a pretty good prospect in a rubbish side, once the tigers sort their issues and start moving forward, his game will develop.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am

Round 18 is a rubbish bye round... No

I've got 10 playing atm (RIP Kaysa), but adding wortwhile keepers to this mix puts my Round 19 squad (which is sitting at 15 players) in jeopardy
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am

bluetige wrote:

Would anyone admit they were Hench, not likely, so we may never find out the truth.

SI can do his ASIO interweb stalking to confirm

bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:01 am

No Worries wrote:

Bit harsh having Suli in there. How much he's paid relates to value for money, doesn't necessarily make him disappointing.

Agree. I have and had some of those listed players in my team at times. Might explain why I'm well down the ranks

Pain wrote:

SI can do his ASIO interweb stalking to confirm

SI, get onto it
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:03 am

my tv broke wrote:

Agree on this. You can't really have foreseen that Fui would go so well.

Personally Fui is another example of why sitting tight ended up working for me this year. The week that both Fui and MWZ were named for their first games, I was going to trade in MWZ. At last minute I decided to just hold off and see how they went. Got Fui in the next week after he looked really strong in his first game. Even at that point though, there was no guarantee he'd continue to get good minutes, but it seemed like a good hunch to follow at that point.

Glad I missed MWZ. I honestly thought he'd do alot better.

I think since immediate price rises came in, it has spooked alot of us into thinking we need to trade in immediately.

@milchcow & @my tv broke

I agree with what you have both said, but wonder if you could speak to a couple other examples for my own (and perhpas other's) learnings.

Two guys I missed out on this year were Hess and Ponga and both seem in hindsight to be pretty key to being successful this year. Was missing out on these two realistically an avoidable mistake?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:15 am

Thinking outside the box. I need to take some risks if I want to have a crack at the top.

Guth>Rapana
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Two guys I missed out on this year were Hess and Ponga and both seem in hindsight to be pretty key to being successful this year. Was missing out on these two realistically an avoidable mistake?

mate, i missed both too. I think it was largely due to stubbornness.

Hess - Was in my early drafts until I decided he wouldnt get the mins. I kept avoiding him after he'd get big scores as I thought "theres no way he'll keep scoring tries". He did though..

Ponga - I didn't really doubt his potential for points but I thought he'd get two games max. Conversely, I bought into the forum hype train around Abbey.. aha

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:20 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

@milchcow & @my tv broke

I agree with what you have both said, but wonder if you could speak to a couple other examples for my own (and perhpas other's) learnings.

Two guys I missed out on this year were Hess and Ponga and both seem in hindsight to be pretty key to being successful this year. Was missing out on these two realistically an avoidable mistake?

When playing the game sometimes you miss out on a cashcow due to "more urgent" trades due to injuries to your best 17 at the time...
    Also it's hard to predict if a cashcow will be a one game wonder or not.
    The majority on this forum would agree Ponga is a gun in the making, what we didn't know was if he would get enough opportunities.
    I didn't pick Wallace as I expected his minutes to get reduced... but the Titans injuries kept his minutes up
    Moose
    Moose

Post by Moose Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:34 am

Loomer wrote:Thinking outside the box. I need to take some risks if I want to have a crack at the top.

Guth>Rapana
    From one King to another cheer
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:47 am

Not sure if it's been discussed but just read Hiku to Super League and TMM signing with the Cows right away, so pretty evident Edwards has just landed the starting fullback jersey full time. The only threat is Carty but he'll probably goes back to second row, if he even plays again this season. Quite possibly wouldn't get back into first grade after the poor form he did show from his little time of the field.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 am

my tv broke wrote:

mate, i missed both too. I think it was largely due to stubbornness.

Hess - Was in my early drafts until I decided he wouldnt get the mins. I kept avoiding him after he'd get big scores as I thought "theres no way he'll keep scoring tries". He did though..

Ponga - I didn't really doubt his potential for points but I thought he'd get two games max. Conversely, I bought into the forum hype train around Abbey.. aha

One mistake I hear (and make) quite often is people avoiding selections because their scores are inflated by attacking stats like tries and LB's.

This might be the case for a one off game but generally if players that were previously considered unlikely are jagging a few....it is often for a reason and they may either be in a purple patch or it may even be a go to play the team are used to (not necessarily a 'set move' but something they do quite often).

Thinking blokes like Ryan James of 2016 and the likes of Hess, Kaufusi and Vaughan in 2017.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:06 pm

Ponga was a known risk when he first played this year.

He was only replacing Coote and could have left the team at any point. As it turns out, he got an extended run and was a worthwhile purchase. But there was no way of knowing that beforehand. And no guarantee that in the same situation next year that buying the player will work out.

Just have to take a punt and hope for the best
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:11 pm

bluetige wrote:Missed most of yesterdays Banter but could Milford the Magician be Hench

Bronco supporter
    Former Arsewipe
    Laughed at the suggestion he was his Wacko
    Didn't say too much when someone mentioned he was Twotwo
    regular poster in league section
    However he did say he didn't post much in the fantasy section but I'm calling it bluff
    general posting type similar to Hench but without the aggressiveness
    turns up just after SI gives Hench a congrats for being so high up in the Rankings

Just a hunch!

Lmao. Hench was twotwo, right? As far as I remember he was anyway and made a few different usernames.

Trust me I'm not that guy lol.
    MilfordTheMagician
    MilfordTheMagician

Post by MilfordTheMagician Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:12 pm

filthridden wrote:

Could be! My first guess was Bealey (ImTheMan)

Ahhh Filth, I remember you, and you'd probably remember me too Very Happy
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:14 pm

MTM is KFP.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:54 pm