NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:28 am

Milch, did you know that as the top 10 currently stands you and I are the only ones with Friend?

What started off as a master stroke bringing him in just came crashing down like a ton of bricks....
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports - Sports Deck 2017 Thread Part 2

Post by Simon Templar Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:06 am

***(Please DON'T delete this line)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

VSDT ELIMINATOR RESULTS 2017

Week 1 - Top 4096 (Round 13)

FF username = DT team = Score

WINNERS
    1. Simon Templar = Brothers = 747-701
    2. Clack Bocks = Clack Bocks = 909-637
    3. Rippin and Tearin = Humza = 867-769
    4. TheWeapon = Theweapons = 719-575
    5. code delta = code delta = 836-801
    6. Pacey's Best = Pacey's Best = 882-457
    7. Quicksand = Quicksand = 712-487
    8. Oz Sport Mad = BroncOz = 799-486
    9. Bullbender = No C In Tagataese = 866-360
    10. Badbetter = badbetter = 735-591
    11. StuDogg101 = Shizzle My Nizzle = 807-557
    12. Roger8 = Bankstown Kebabs = 623-431

LOSERS
    1. jelejasof = west end warriors = 759-870
    2. SI = Trousers (TBC)
    3. No Worries = Ghost of Laurie Nichols (TBC)

Week 2 - Top 2048 (Round 14)

FF username = DT team = Score

WINNERS
    1. Simon Templar = Brothers = 982-862
    2. OSM = BroncOz = 958-707
    3. Roger8 = Bankstown Kebabs = 959-774
    4. Clack Bocks = Clack Bocks = 966-689
    5. Badbetter = Badbetter = 944-908

LOSERS
    1. Rippin and Tearin = Humza = 911-929
    2. TheWeapon = TheWeapons = 864-1067
    3. code delta = code delta = 825-864
    4. Pacey's Best = Pacey's Best = 935-1009
    5. Quicksand = quicksand = 752-979

COMMENT: (please delete previous poster's comment)

*** (Please DON'T delete this line)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:52 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:Milch, did you know that as the top 10 currently stands you and I are the only ones with Friend?

What started off as a master stroke bringing him in just came crashing down like a ton of bricks....

Means there is potential for us to make big moves in the next 3 weeks.

Most of the top 10 also struggling for numbers this week, so anyone with a strong team (or the trades spare to make one) can make serious ground this week.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:08 pm

was thinkg of bringing in james munster and vaughn this week but realised i wouldnt be able to get the likes of fifita and smith after the byes and be screwed for rnd 18 also. so just bringing in munster and scott what gives me 14.

mcinnes farah
    surgess bromwich
    gallen tolo jdb brown fui
    walker norman
    crichton munster
    scott

Guessing most people are doing the vc on tolo and c on gal
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Means there is potential for us to make big moves in the next 3 weeks.

Most of the top 10 also struggling for numbers this week, so anyone with a strong team (or the trades spare to make one) can make serious ground this week.
    Milchow i seriously think 1st is screwed will get run down during the byes and get hit hard next week also. Your the man who everyone should be chasing.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:43 pm

Slater to taumalolo?

Will leave me with a back 5 of Crichton, dwalker, RTS, munster then one of edwards/guth/cwalker.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:56 pm

manlybeaver wrote:
    Milchow i seriously think 1st is screwed will get run down during the byes and get hit hard next week also. Your the man who everyone should be chasing.

I agree, low on numbers and $. Not that many good washouts either!

5th place is a team in the top 10 to watch I think! But yup for me Milch is the team to beat, no doubt about it!

To be honest, even Im hoping to catch up to the guy in first this week. If not this week, but certainly by 18.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:31 pm

No pressure there guys.

I'm tempted to go with 0 trades this week.

Not 100% convinced on Munster as final team worthy.
    Think I'll go with Tedesco, TTurbo plus one other.

Rapana very expensive but may need to splash the cash. Mansour, Rapana other candidates. Sticking with Slater or RTS also options

Will probably keep CWalker as 18th man (unless I desperately need the funds to upgrade my top 17)

If Fogarty was DPP in this game I'd bring him in to allow CWalker half flexibility.
    But at the moment CWalker is trapped in WFB
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:17 pm

How much of a wasted trade is Frawley - Jarryd Hayne.

Hayne would really only make my playing 17 in r19 (and maybe r16 depending on post origin availability)
    I would also lose Frawley's score in r18 (although that could well be 10 points off the bench)

Hayne would just be there to provide DPP switches with Cody Walker, and act as a 19th/20th man in case of injuries. Could even make my playing 17 if by some miracle he regains his Parramatta form

How many spare trades would you guys want available before pulling the trigger?

Other options are Frawley - Jack Bird
    Frawley to an NPR like Tyler Cornish/Tyrone May
    Or leave Frawley as he is and save the trade (would trap Cody Walker in WFB)

I will likely have bad AE risks other than Frawley, so his AE potential should not be a factor
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:51 pm

First gets a lucky break with Burns coming in. Probably score a couple of tries to really rub it in.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:24 am

Milchcow wrote:

Hayne would really only make my playing 17 in r19 (and maybe r16 depending on post origin availability)
    I would also lose Frawley's score in r18 (although that could well be 10 points off the bench)

Hayne would just be there to provide DPP switches with Cody Walker, and act as a 19th/20th man in case of injuries. Could even make my playing 17 if by some miracle he regains his Parramatta form

I will likely have bad AE risks other than Frawley, so his AE potential should not be a factor

That sounds sensible to me mate. Others behind you will be burning trades to try and catch up (me included), and most (if not all) will come unstuck at the end I reckon. If you can get through the next few rounds ahead smart money will be on you mate!

I'm no help answering your question though. I've not played this before (or a full year of NRL.com fantasy) so I really have no idea how many trades you'd want for the run home. Im guessing from round 20 you might want to have 6 trades left to be save? 1 injury per round? I won't have that though...

I hope Walker will come right and will be useful if I need him later. An additional DPP player to utilise Walker's DPP status would be really nice. And as you say Hayne could become a nice POD if he ups his scoring a bit!

Also, Frawley is potentially be an AE problem for you in the later rounds. Might be nice to get rid of him...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 am

I'll almost certainly have AE risks, with our without Frawley.

Also, 6 trades is a lot for the run home. Come round 22 onwards, many of the top teams will be down to 0-1 trades and just ride their luck with injuries.

If you give these teams a big enough head start, doesn't matter how many trades you have. Will be tough to catch all of them if they keep their team on the field.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:29 am

Milchcow wrote:I'll almost certainly have AE risks, with our without Frawley.

Also, 6 trades is a lot for the run home. Come round 22 onwards, many of the top teams will be down to 0-1 trades and just ride their luck with injuries.

If you give these teams a big enough head start, doesn't matter how many trades you have. Will be tough to catch all of them if they keep their team on the field.

Oh ok thanks. I might be in a better position than I thought! I guess most teams will have a few solid fill ins outside of their 17 that they can use too if need be.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 am

Milchcow wrote:

You're only losing out the extra cash that a NPR would free up so if cash is no issue, pull the trigger and don't look back. You know he's got job security, form is questionable but should at least provide players on the field when required.
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:51 am

Clack Bocks wrote:Slater to taumalolo?

Will leave me with a back 5 of Crichton, dwalker, RTS, munster then one of edwards/guth/cwalker.

Anyone?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:18 am

Clack Bocks wrote:Slater to taumalolo?

Crichton, DWalker, Munster all fine in your back 5
    RTS seems to have a touch more risk of a bad score than some others, but is probably OK. Recent form is good at least

Edwards is an unknown but could be the goods.

6 weeks ago you would have C Walker for sure but recently he isn't up to it, you'd want him to get back to form before relying on him.

Guth is alright, can put up a big score from anywhere in the park, not sure if relying on him at CTR is 100% ideal but certainly there are worse choices.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:26 am

Just on trades.

When PhilGouldCHins won Fantasy a couple of years ago, he used his last trade in Round 22.

Obviously if you can stay at the top and save trades that is a better option. But part of this game is to just get your team together ASAP and then hope for the best
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

Clack Bocks wrote:

Anyone?

Sorry mate, I'd definitely pull that trigger. Lolo has pretty high ownership in the top teams so without him, if he goes big, you fall way behind.

Slater out for 3 of next 5 so I think thats a decent move.

Im probably the same as Milch on your back 5 although Im probably a little more Bullish on Edwards. I think he is the goods and will be starting him sol long as he starts.

Obviously it would be nice to bring in Rapana, Mansour, Teddy, but RTS Munster Edwards will do I reckon. Teddy maybe for Munster at 19 if he comes through Origin unscathed (or RTS)?
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:40 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Sorry mate, I'd definitely pull that trigger. Lolo has pretty high ownership in the top teams so without him, if he goes big, you fall way behind.

Slater out for 3 of next 5 so I think thats a decent move.

Im probably the same as Milch on your back 5 although Im probably a little more Bullish on Edwards. I think he is the goods and will be starting him sol long as he starts.

Obviously it would be nice to bring in Rapana, Mansour, Teddy, but RTS Munster Edwards will do I reckon. Teddy maybe for Munster at 19 if he comes through Origin unscathed (or RTS)?

Good call on ted, I have $118k so suli can turn into ted next week. I have a couple cows in tyrell and elliot that will help me bring smith back in
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:52 am

Teddy is cheap so a good buy at some stage. I'd like to see him come through Origin unscathed first. And wonder if Mansour might be a better option despite the > $ being a POD and all... I think the injury risk between the two sounds similar when you compare Mansour's history vs Teddy's Origin risk..

Yeah for me Elliot is key in upgrading to Fifita/JTrbo/Taupau later. But I'll hold him for his round 18 score.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 pm