NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Spectre
    Spectre

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by Spectre Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Something to consider if you were to say trade a Fifita out for a Brown.
    Fifita has a low BE after his large score so may increase in value after you sell him.
    Brown has an above average BE but could drop in value.
    (Not important Browns price drop if you keep however)

Though if you plan to bring Fifita back later, you may need to find an extra 100k due to the price swings.
    Just be careful as their are many stories of not being able to get them back as their price skyrockets.

Yeah the price swing will be annoying but points will be more important during the byes
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 45 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by wolfking Fri May 19, 2017 2:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I decided that trading out Kaufusi while a popular option for many this week was stupid in my situation where I already have Norman, Trbo, and Idris on the pine (and no intention of holding either of the first two until they return). Silly to trade out a scoring player, who yes, may have a poor round this week (I will leave him as an NPR), but may get the starting spot back the week after (well, rnd 13). There is one thing for sure, and that is Norman and Trbo won't be playing rnd 13.

I believe I can take the hit on potential money loss this week for Kaufusi just to see how things play out.

Yeah, you're right mate, thanks, I'll stick with Idris - Fui.

What trades did you do again this week mate?
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I decided that trading out Kaufusi, while a popular option for many this week, was stupid in my situation where I already have Norman, Trbo, and Idris on the pine (and no intention of holding either of the first two until they return). Silly to trade out a scoring player, who yes, may have a poor round this week (I will leave him as an NPR), but may get the starting spot back the week after (well, rnd 13). There is one thing for sure, and that is Norman and Trbo won't be playing rnd 13.

I believe I can take the hit on potential money loss this week for Kaufusi just to see how things play out.

If you can cover Trbo this week, I'd trade Kaufusi and Norman first
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri May 19, 2017 2:28 pm

wolfking wrote:

Yeah, you're right mate, thanks, I'll stick with Idris - Fui.

What trades did you do again this week mate?

Decided to pull the trigger on Norman -> SJ and Idris -> Fui

I'm not 100% sold on Fui but hopefully he gets some points over bye rounds.

Still have Trbo to deal with next week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 19, 2017 2:32 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Decided to pull the trigger on Norman -> SJ and Idris -> Fui

I'm not 100% sold on Fui but hopefully he gets some points over bye rounds.

Still have Trbo to deal with next week.

I can cover Norman, but if I didn't trade Turbo I would have to play Suli or Kelly, which I'm not keen on.  I'm playing Niko and Lamb/Frawley which isn't much better but what do you do. Want Munster and Walker but want to see what the go is with both of them come next week.

I really can see Felise starting again on the weekend.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 19, 2017 2:34 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Something to consider if you were to say trade a Fifita out for a Brown.
    Fifita has a low BE after his large score so may increase in value after you sell him.

Though if you plan to bring Fifita back later, you may need to find an extra 100k due to the price swings.
    Just be careful as their are many stories of not being able to get them back as their price skyrockets.

Not for Fifita, but in a similar situation I am considering ditching Smith next week for the origin period. If he posts a couple of monster scores in the rounds he does play over the next couple months, will make it hard to bring back in.

Having a few Brandon Smith appearances might not be a terrible thing.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 19, 2017 2:36 pm

Yep, I started with Fii, so would lke to keep him all year but doesn't really make sense to tie 500k plus up over Origin when the likes of Graham and Surgess are playing big bye rounds. So with ALL GOOD INTENTIONS Embarassed I will try to keep a couple of hundred k in the bank.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 19, 2017 2:39 pm

If Brailey has another 40-45 point game next week and Smith doesn't back up round 13, Smith to McInnes is looking tempting.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 19, 2017 2:40 pm

Great write up Vanish.

Only thing I would add is that round 19 some people will sturggle to field 17 players. And if so that would tip the balance in favour of Gallen over Brown
    (and even if you can field 17 players, your 17th best player might struggle to hit 25 points, which would also aid Gallen over Brown)

Gallen, Graham and brown all close enough that you couldn't predict with confidence who would go better.
    Any fluke try or HIA could swing the scores
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri May 19, 2017 2:53 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Great write up Vanish.

Only thing I would add is that round 19 some people will sturggle to field 17 players. And if so that would tip the balance in favour of Gallen over Brown
    (and even if you can field 17 players, your 17th best player might struggle to hit 25 points, which would also aid Gallen over Brown)

Gallen, Graham and brown all close enough that you couldn't predict with confidence who would go better.

What about you personally Milch? Would you sacrifice Fifita and McGuire during the byes to have all 3 of the aforementioned?
    Vanish
    Vanish

Post by Vanish Fri May 19, 2017 2:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Great write up Vanish.

Yeah absolutely. Everyone's team is gonna have different hard weeks so work to that. There's a heap of variables to consider, and even more luck.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Fri May 19, 2017 3:11 pm

The reality with Fifita/Smith is that they are already worth so much as it is, and with the possibility of getting reduced minutes when backing up over the next 8 weeks they aren't likely to increase too much in price I wouldn't of thought.

Infact in the event of reduced minutes I'd expect their price to stay the same/decrease.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

Spectre wrote:

What about you personally Milch? Would you sacrifice Fifita and McGuire during the byes to have all 3 of the aforementioned?

I would certainly sacrifice Fifita.

As for McGuire, it would depend on trades available. If under 20, then I might just keep him not sure the extra points would be worth it.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Fri May 19, 2017 3:14 pm

I dumped Kaufsi this week for a DPP with the hope that Stone and CHN can pump up their scores and the money left over will allow me to bring in three keepers. Was thinking Graham, Surgess and Croker.

Some may remember a few weeks ago I posted all my trades so far. In doing that, I realised that my team was as copy and paste as it comes. Had all the safe options, and the usual cows etc. No real POD. That week I bought NOFO (Paid top F'n $$) he has been average since.

Moving into the byes, im becoming more and more weary of these 'bye friendly players' and relying on the fact I have the usual names thrown around here.

This is all pure speculation because im too lazy to do the research, but id say if your sitting in the top 2000, the players above you are likely bye planning too, and probably have the same (big name) players you will.

Because of this im looking at bringing in players like Kapow and Tolo as xfactor players. Obviously need to have a few of the usuals as a form of risk mitigation. But I figure PODS in byes is going to be the way forward rather than ensuring I have the 'right bye coverage'.

That's my bi polar, ramblings this hour. So watch this space for conflicting comments before 5pm.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri May 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Fortitude wrote:I dumped Kaufsi this week for a DPP with the hope that Stone and CHN can pump up their scores and the money left over will allow me to bring in three keepers. Was thinking Graham, Surgess and Croker.

Some may remember a few weeks ago I posted all my trades so far. In doing that, I realised that my team was as copy and paste as it comes. Had all the safe options, and the usual cows etc. No real POD. That week I bought NOFO (Paid top F'n $$) he has been average since.

Moving into the byes, im becoming more and more weary of these 'bye friendly players' and relying on the fact I have the usual names thrown around here.

This is all pure speculation because im too lazy to do the research, but id say if your sitting in the top 2000, the players above you are likely bye planning too, and probably have the same (big name) players you will.

Because of this im looking at bringing in players like Kapow and Tolo as xfactor players. Obviously need to have a few of the usuals as a form of risk mitigation. But I figure PODS in byes is going to be the way forward rather than ensuring I have the 'right bye coverage'.

That's my bi polar, ramblings this hour. So watch this space for conflicting comments before 5pm.

Lol no-one choosing to play this game year in year out could actually be sane I figure.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 19, 2017 3:24 pm

The first year you're completely sane, when you voluntarily choose to come back and play over and over again each year, that's when you know you've lost your fucking mind!!!
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Fri May 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I would certainly sacrifice Fifita.

As for McGuire, it would depend on trades available. If under 20, then I might just keep him not sure the extra points would be worth it.

I have 21 trades left going in to the next round
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri May 19, 2017 4:02 pm

I'd say the first year or 2 I played fantasy it was just a bit of fun. Then you go through a phase when you take it seriously & even a poor team or individual score can make you lose it & depress the hell out of you. Then it spirals because you start to play fantasy year round & branch out like playing epl fantasy. Then you realise what an idiot you are & that after all it's a bit of fun although you do have brief regressions into bad habits. Playing fantasy is cool but it can overtake reality & create problems.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri May 19, 2017 4:07 pm

You just described my last 3 and a half years WL.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Fri May 19, 2017 4:10 pm

wolfking wrote:The first year you're completely sane, when you voluntarily choose to come back and play over and over again each year, that's when you know you've lost your fucking mind!!!
    Why so serious???

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:56 am