NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Vanish
    Vanish

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by Vanish Wed May 17, 2017 7:41 pm

Montoya seems to be favoured by Des over Abbey, and B.Moz is a winger anyway. Wouldn't expect to see Abbey again unless Hoppa is injured again.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 41

Post by Welshy Wed May 17, 2017 7:45 pm

Vanish wrote:Montoya seems to be favoured by Des over Abbey, and B.Moz is a winger anyway. Wouldn't expect to see Abbey again unless Hoppa is injured again.
    Yea mate just pure hope at the moment
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Im surprised at the amount of cash some are prepared to unload on the centres at this time of the season, the difference between some of them just aint worth the coin. A downgrade from Tturbo is my most likely move.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Yeah I gave up on trying to pick any ctrs last week but now I'm faced with the same problem. Lucky cause I was going to bring in T-Trbo, shift Cotric to ctr from wfb & get Hayne. Now I'm just thinking of getting Sione even though he has crap byes & just move Cotric to ctr instead of spending large on both Croker & Mitchell. At least with Sione he'll get consistent scores but he's a risk with his concussions.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 17, 2017 8:05 pm

Going to rubber ducky my trades this week. Hopefully it helps me, here goes:

Got Faufusi, Norman (literally brought him in last week, sorry peeps), TTurbs as the common problems in my team.

The motivation for Norman last week is that I've had garbage halves for some time and was finally in a position to start strengthening them. Now its just hot sick. Before trades I'll have to play Frawley + Austin (my final half is Jacks....). 

The sensible play is to trade out Norman, but i think I'm going to take a risk and hold him hoping for an early return (otherwise I'm forever playing catchup). That means I really should be looking to trade out either Austin or Frawley this week for any hope of a respectable score. Frawley is too cheap to upgrade to any decent options which means its Austin. 

I've only got 28k ITB, so I'll need to downgrade someone in order to fund the Austin upgrade. The obvious choices are Faufusi and TTurbo. Looking at Fuafusi, I've got him in FR currently and can't shift him around, so I'd be bringing in a FR if i downgrade him. TTurbo I've got at CTR with no real option to shift him either so I'd have to bring in a CTR downgrade.

Both of these guys were in my 17 last week so I'm not overly keen on downgrading for a full cash out, I think my scores would suffer too much, I'd rather a bottomed out decent scorer. At FR the only options i can see are taking a wild punt on someone like JBrom or Matulino and hoping they suddenly start scoring... not keen on that option. CTR seems much more fruitful (although maybe this is my own bias coming through). I can go for someone like Croker (gives me 76K, Total of 106K ITB), BJ (110K, total of 138K ITB), Peachey or some more out there options like Hurrell, Leutele, Waqa Blake, etc.

So I THINK I'm going to go with TTurbo to Croker/BJ and Austin to Arey/CWalker, take the loss in Faufusi's value this week and deal with it next week.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Archer wrote:Going to rubber ducky my trades this week. Hopefully it helps me, here goes:

Got Faufusi, Norman (literally brought him in last week, sorry peeps), TTurbs as the common problems in my team.

The motivation for Norman last week is that I've had garbage halves for some time and was finally in a position to start strengthening them. Now its just hot sick. Before trades I'll have to play Frawley + Austin (my final half is Jacks....). 

The sensible play is to trade out Norman, but i think I'm going to take a risk and hold him hoping for an early return (otherwise I'm forever playing catchup). That means I really should be looking to trade out either Austin or Frawley this week for any hope of a respectable score. Frawley is too cheap to upgrade to any decent options which means its Austin. 

I've only got 28k ITB, so I'll need to downgrade someone in order to fund the Austin upgrade. The obvious choices are Faufusi and TTurbo. Looking at Fuafusi, I've got him in FR currently and can't shift him around, so I'd be bringing in a FR if i downgrade him. TTurbo I've got at CTR with no real option to shift him either so I'd have to bring in a CTR downgrade.

Both of these guys were in my 17 last week so I'm not overly keen on downgrading for a full cash out, I think my scores would suffer too much, I'd rather a bottomed out decent scorer. At FR the only options i can see are taking a wild punt on someone like JBrom or Matulino and hoping they suddenly start scoring... not keen on that option. CTR seems much more fruitful (although maybe this is my own bias coming through). I can go for someone like Croker (gives me 76K, Total of 106K ITB), BJ (110K, total of 138K ITB), Peachey or some more out there options like Hurrell, Leutele, Waqa Blake, etc.

So I THINK I'm going to go with TTurbo to Croker/BJ and Austin to Arey/CWalker, take the loss in Faufusi's value this week and deal with it next week.
    Kaufusi's drop in value should mirror Graham's drop so tht trade will be done next week for me, unless he gets bumped into the starting lineup for Stimson (holding onto hope there).

Had Kelly on the chopping block but think his price is awkward and probably but best to hold him and hope for some tries to keep things ticking and I'm hopin he will be useful in the latter bye period.

Tht leaves Normz and Turbo, so many options, Walker, Hoppa, Munster, definitely need to go the bye friendly route.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Kaufusi's drop in value should mirror Graham's drop so tht trade will be done next week for me, unless he gets bumped into the starting lineup for Stimson (holding onto hope there).

Had Kelly on the chopping block but think his price is awkward and probably but best to hold him and hope for some tries to keep things ticking and I'm hopin he will be useful in the latter bye period.

Tht leaves Normz and Turbo, so many options, Walker, Hoppa, Munster, definitely need to go the bye friendly route.
    I was going to suggest that Graham might mirror the price drop but then i saw he was playing roosters. Wouldn't shock me to see him bust out a season high score and barely drop at all tbh. Still, I think i can live with that.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm

@Archer - getting Austin to one of those is a huge plus.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm

If Wallace is named for the blues and farah plays 80 this week I'm going cook to farah next week farah could be a bargain
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed May 17, 2017 8:18 pm

White Lightning wrote:Yeah I gave up on trying to pick any ctrs last week but now I'm faced with the same problem. Lucky cause I was going to bring in T-Trbo, shift Cotric to ctr from wfb & get Hayne. Now I'm just thinking of getting Sione even though he has crap byes & just move Cotric to ctr instead of spending large on both Croker & Mitchell. At least with Sione he'll get consistent scores but he's a risk with his concussions.

If u stuck with ur two proposed centre trades does it hamper ur ability to carry on improving the squad next week ?
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Wed May 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Archer wrote:

You'd think BJ has more money to loose and Croker has had reasonable recent scores in a team not performing. I've bought him in for TTurbo.
    Other trade I think Walkers DPP is handy.

Faufus to Kapow for me this week and I don't care about about price. Suspect he will keep scoring OK because Manly are a competitive team this year.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Revraiser wrote:

If u stuck with ur two proposed centre trades does it hamper ur ability to carry on improving the squad next week ?

Actually since I posted my comment I decided to stay on my Croker & Mitchell trades.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Ponga & Jensen drop out of the 21. Laybutt & JT remain.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 pm

code delta wrote:

You'd think BJ has more money to loose and Croker has had reasonable recent scores in a team not performing. 
    I think BJ will drop a bit, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him score 60+ this week, in which case he wouldn't drop by that much. I honestly don't know, the team is impossible to read (as usual). I honestly think the Raiders only need to make a few small adjustments to see a massive difference and once/if that happens guys like Leipana should see a return to form. 

Running a few plays with Wighton back on the inside would go some way towards making teams less likely to just slide across and shut down every play. Pushing Whitehead to defend outside Austin, in between him and BJ might help stiffen that defence, etc etc. Hell, even just a couple of (lucky) plays coming off early to give the boys some confidence could be all it takes.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed May 17, 2017 9:15 pm

Mannering to Surgess?

Ignore please

Last edited by Pain on Wed May 17, 2017 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Answered myself)
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Wed May 17, 2017 9:19 pm

Thoughts on Fuimaona? Must have? Likely to hang around? I see Cameron Murray is on the extended bench also..

I'm struggling to decide whether to grab him for Idris/Kelly, and one of Kaufusi > Graham / Norman > Walker . Or forget Fui and grab both guns now...

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Still wondering about thoughts on Sash's team re Norman to A. Reynolds or C. Walker (Or another HLF not Johnson.)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Random wrote:Still wondering about thoughts on Sash's team re Norman to A. Reynolds or C. Walker (Or another HLF not Johnson.)

I would go C. Walker over glass jaw Reynolds.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Random wrote:Still wondering about thoughts on Sash's team re Norman to A. Reynolds or C. Walker (Or another HLF not Johnson.)

I've gone Norman to Walker. Not sure that helps though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 17, 2017 9:44 pm

White Lightning wrote:Ponga & Jensen drop out of the 21. Laybutt & JT remain.

Screw you Paul Green.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:26 pm