NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The bad behaviour thread

Fortitude
    Fortitude

The bad behaviour thread - Page 21 Empty Re: The bad behaviour thread

Post by Fortitude Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:24 am

Krump wrote:DeBellend in court today trying to get his ban overturned. Whoever could have seen this coming Laugh 3

Went to school with him. The bloke is thick as shit. But it does make you wonder, would someone who is guilty be so staunch in their defence? In saying that, if you were guilty, nothin to lose.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:47 am

It's going to be interesting, the NRL own the brand and have a right to protect it. But at the moment all he has done is cheat on his partner. If that's the NRL criteria for suspending someone, not too many teams will be fielding a side next week.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm

"DeBellend"
    Laughing
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:47 pm

No Worries wrote:It's going to be interesting, the NRL own the brand and have a right to protect it. But at the moment all he has done is cheat on his partner. If that's the NRL criteria for suspending someone, not too many teams will be fielding a side next week.

This brand protection argument is nonsense (in this context) and I hate it every time the NRL pathetically rolls it out as a justification for their own mismanagement and subsequent scramble to appear competent.

Clearly more attention and therefore damage has been drawn to the game as a result of what the NRL has reactively done here and not sure if JDB has a leg to stand on regarding being stood down but if he does, surely that is the end of Todd & Pete.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:55 pm

Another issue with the rule is that it's retrospective. It's like changing the speed limit to 90 today and sending everyone fines for doing 100 yesterday.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:57 pm

All suspensions dropped, welcome back, but ignore that we've just introduced white ribbon round where each home team will wear a white version of their jersey to generate additional revenue because it's an issue facing our community and female supporters and we care.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:01 pm

The no fault rule which has banned Jack De Belin is not enacted yet .. admits lawyer for NRL .. judge says he should be able to play .. awaiting for his final ruling #BreakingNews @9NewsSyd

Fuck me dead it's not even a rule lol!
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:32 pm

surely walker fights it now too?
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Surely he doesn't have to. It's the claytons rule.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:26 pm

No Worries wrote:All suspensions dropped, welcome back, but ignore that  we've just introduced white ribbon round where each home team will wear a white version of their jersey to generate additional revenue because it's an issue facing our community and female supporters and we care.

I know you are taking the piss out of the NRL......and fair enough it's bloody amateur hour.

But seriously these initiatives and making sure they are not just token gestures (or revenue generators for the cynical blokes like No Worries), is where the NRL should be focusing their efforts.....as opposed to unfairly suspending potentially innocent players prior to proper judgement.

For example, a respected bloke like Luke Lewis and his comments on NRL 360 last night, would probably be far more effective (and could be even more effectively delivered/targeted) when it comes to 'fixing any of the culture issues' than what the NRL has attempted (and seemingly failed to achieve).
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:39 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

For example, a respected bloke like Luke Lewis and his comments on NRL 360 last night, would probably be far more effective (and could be even more effectively delivered/targeted) when it comes to 'fixing any of the culture issues' than what the NRL has attempted (and seemingly failed to achieve).
    Absolutely
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:17 pm

code delta wrote:Bravo Buramada.

Another aspect not discussed is the roll of Peter Beattie.
    I predict he resigns in a months time.
    3 weeks time now.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:58 am

Pieman wrote:surely walker fights it now too?

If he does decide to, Curtis Scott should be given first dibs Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:54 am

I wont link to it, but there is an article on CNET and if you follow Moley on twitter you can find that must have Greenberg and Beatie shaking their heads saying "please god no"
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:33 pm

This whole JDB debacle is turning more and more into a deadset circus each and every day.

I can't see any other outcome than Greenberg and Beattie stepping down due to gross incompetence....if this shambles continues on current trend and their original ruling is overturned.

How can they be trusted to make sound decisions going forward, when their judgement appears to be so off the mark in this instance??

From what I can ascertain out of today, Greenberg has effectively admitted to making a reactive decision based on the media shit-storm and public furore at the time.

That's genuinely staggering.

It also reeks of an organisation devoid of strong leadership.

The other organisation I'm most disappointed in is the Rugby League Player's Association.

I might have missed it but I genuinely haven't heard boo from them during this whole process and it reminded me of a story I heard earlier in the year regarding the AFL Players Association.

Essentially, at the time, some of the media was calling for immediate suspensions when a player tests positive to drugs, rather than their current system which allows two or three strikes (not sure) before suspending them.

Now bear in mind these are players being actually found guilty of something illegal, as opposed to mere accusations (e.g. JDB)......and the AFL Players Association wouldn't have a bar of it - purely on the basis of player welfare, as opposed to media/public pressure.

Now that's an organisation with strong leadership looking after it's members.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:37 am

Einfield (De Belin) wrote:You had no right to stand him down given there was no evidence of his conduct.

Greenberg wrote:The only evidence I had was the charge he was facing

Einfiled wrote:
    I'd like to bring to your attention to a February 27 tweet by ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie

Beattie wrote:De Belin is innocent unless proven guilty. Neither I, nor the ARLC & NRL are in possession of any evidence that enable us to form a view on this matter

Greenberg wrote:Our chairman does tweet a quite a bit.

Are they representing themselves, surely legal guidance would have been let him play and go to America and watch the Masters for a couple of weeks.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:44 am

yeah there is no doubt the leadership is piss poor. Thats no secret.

With what happened earlier this week tho - the NRL claimed that their value dropped by 12 points after JDB was charged. So that justifies their ban.

The courts said the data they used isnt relevant coz the drop could have been a result of all the other incidents, the tv ratings are still up, the data isnt thorough enough. Was a big win for JDB
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:34 pm

Pieman wrote:yeah there is no doubt the leadership is piss poor. Thats no secret.

With what happened earlier this week tho - the NRL claimed that their value dropped by 12 points after JDB was charged. So that justifies their ban.

The courts said the data they used isnt relevant coz the drop could have been a result of all the other incidents, the tv ratings are still up, the data isnt thorough enough. Was a big win for JDB

This is the part that deadset mystifies me because it essentially proves that they were simply reacting to public pressure and making a ruling based on popularity.

It's also a bloody flimsy way to make a significant decision.

Who's to say if they didn't handle the incident/s better themselves and got on the front foot that the ratings wouldn't have gone up??

True leaders would have had the knackers to face the media and public pressure while the court case runs it's course.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm

well to be fair, popularity = money
    Ice

Post by Ice Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:41 am

JDB can fuck off!! Deadset, how bout his lawyer claiming, in his fight to have the stand down overturned,  that the nrl have failed him because they didn't provide an education program for him about violence against women!! That will deadset do me, how's that relevant. If he is innocent, why does he need educating? If he is guilty, how is a lack of education from the NRL relevant. Mate, you're a crossed eyed wanker who is as guilty as hell in my view and the game is better off without you and the douche bags that defend you.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:14 pm