NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Simon Templar Wed May 03, 2017 9:07 am

Warriors wrote:

Young players that are key to there club and are fighting for a top four spot or top 8 etc will definitely back up after origin in round 13.
    Backs who play origin but their teams have two byes in either round 12, 15 or 18 aren't that affected by origin but will miss 1 extra game. E.g Teddy

However, its the gun forwards that could take a hit when backing up with reduced output and reduced minutes e.g Cam Smith, Josh McGuire, Paul Gallen, Josh Papalli, Gillete, Cordner, Merrin.

In years past Cronk, Slater etc have been rested more so than Smith but I'm thinking with the Storm going so well I can see him getting a spell in week 13 so Brandon Smith can get some game time before playing round 15 and 18.
    He could be worth a sell to McCullough in round 12 who will play two more rounds than Smith from round 12 to round 19 inclusive (with the chance that Smith has reduced minutes in round 13 and 16).

Fifita/Gallen/ARey if they make origin will only play 1 game (14) in 4 rounds missing 12,13 and 15 so probably are worth selling if they make origin. Nathan Brown and Corey Norman play all these rounds (12,13,14 and 15).

This is all dependant on the number of trades people have left.

Good stuff Warriors. This is an excellent post. Very Happy
    Warriors
    Warriors

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38 - Page 8 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 38

Post by Warriors Wed May 03, 2017 9:19 am

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/92069774/she-wasnt-breathing-properly-kiwi-league-player-elijah-taylors-horrifying-ordeal

Just puts this whole fantasy thing in perspective. No wonder he didn't play in round 3. Feel sorry for both him and JT. Good read.

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 am

That was a great article. Feel sorry for both of them. ET always seems like a great guy and this shows. Great work from JT also, he obviously cared very much.

As humans, we really do take things and life for granted. Always worrying about the negatives, the what ifs instead of focusing on what we have and the positives we all have in life. Yeah, fantasy is fun and stressful haha, but when you read articles like this it reminds you it's trivial, but we enjoy doing it and should celebrate that we can do it and have fun. Celebrate that this can be a big focus because so many people have it so rough. I still feel and think about R0bDog and just the simple fact he can't finish the fantasy season like the rest of us. It does make you think.
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Wed May 03, 2017 11:44 am

Upgrade Hess now, or save the trade? leaking cash right now and he's only a cashie.
    Note: I traded Gallen out early in the season pmo lol but not sure who I should upgrade to...

Also, is it worth bringing in MWZ or CNK to cash up on Kelly etc?
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Thanks Milchcow & Warriors for the responses
    TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

Post by TheWeapon Wed May 03, 2017 12:27 pm

Surely JBrom is going to improve? I bought him at what I thought was rock bottom last week...and I'm worried his scores aren't trending up...he's getting plenty of minutes too.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Rapture_NRL wrote:Upgrade Hess now, or save the trade? leaking cash right now and he's only a cashie.
    Note: I traded Gallen out early in the season pmo lol but not sure who I should upgrade to...

Also, is it worth bringing in MWZ or CNK to cash up on Kelly etc?

My opinion of what to do with Hess hasnt changed since I posted it a couple weeks back and that was I thought it was worth considering trading him to someone that offered better value. At that time he was 430k+ and I just didnt think he offered enough consistency in scoring for someone with that value and that there were others out there where that money could be better spent. I havent been keeping track of his projected price changes so cant help you there but I do note that since then he has scored 37 and 33 and dropped 30k. I presume his value will drop at a faster rate over the coming weeks if his scoring stays low.

The flip side is that one has to wonder what the JT effect is here?

That being said, you have said yourself that he was a cashie for you, so with that in mind, his BE is 55 (above his average) so I would say he is a sell. Why not use him to upgrade to a good bye round scorer (Surgess, Brown etc)?

Just my opinion Smile

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Hopefully Hayne can continue playing in the centres and get that DPP so I can just set and forget about the worst position in the game.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 03, 2017 12:56 pm

I asked this the other day, but never heard back form anyone.

Is there any reports on Barbas French rugby career? hows he going?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 03, 2017 12:58 pm

wolfking wrote:That was a great article.  Feel sorry for both of them.  ET always seems like a great guy and this shows.  Great work from JT also, he obviously cared very much.

As humans, we really do take things and life for granted.  Always worrying about the negatives, the what ifs instead of focusing on what we have and the positives we all have in life.  Yeah, fantasy is fun and stressful haha, but when you read articles like this it reminds you it's trivial, but we enjoy doing it and should celebrate that we can do it and have fun.  Celebrate that this can be a big focus because so many people have it so rough.  I still feel and think about R0bDog and just the simple fact he can't finish the fantasy season like the rest of us.  It does make you think.

Didn't see the news as I was away last night so I've just read through the other thread.

Completely devo.

Rob was one of those humble achievers, didn't know much about him personally but knew he loved his fantasy and had a lot of time for the Sportal/FF community.

Can't remember him having a bad word to say about anyone or starting any arguments at all. Top bloke. RIP.

Absoulutely gutted, this has completely thrown me. Sad

Still thinking about Sash too.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 03, 2017 1:03 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

My opinion of what to do with Hess hasnt changed since I posted it a couple weeks back and that was I thought it was worth considering trading him to someone that offered better value. At that time he was 430k+ and I just didnt think he offered enough consistency in scoring for someone with that value and that there were others out there where that money could be better spent. I havent been keeping track of his projected price changes so cant help you there but I do note that since then he has scored 37 and 33 and dropped 30k. I presume his value will drop at a faster rate over the coming weeks if his scoring stays low.

The flip side is that one has to wonder what the JT effect is here?

That being said, you have said yourself that he was a cashie for you, so with that in mind, his BE is 55 (above his average) so I would say he is a sell. Why not use him to upgrade to a good bye round scorer (Surgess, Brown etc)?

Just my opinion Smile

I can see how people are tempted to trade Hess out... I already have most Bye friendly guns like Brown, Surgess, Gallen, and Crichton so I'm happy to hold him for the moment. Thurston's absence does affect the Cowboys way of playing, and I expect some better scores from Hess when JT is back on the field. I'll be looking at upgrading Hess after round 15 sometime... maybe to Jtrbo
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 03, 2017 1:09 pm

Fortitude wrote:I asked this the other day, but never heard back form anyone.

Is there any reports on Barbas French rugby career? hows he going?

Hey mate,

I can honestly say that over in NZ I have heard nothing about Barba. I understand he got a few minutes of the bench to debut back in early March. Just rubbish minutes though and was playing cause his country man was suspended after being involved in a Cocaine incident with one of my boys!

Since then I dont believe he has gotten on the paddock again with the first team.
    itsJay
    itsJay

Post by itsJay Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Chewie wrote:
    I can see how people are tempted to trade Hess out... I already have most Bye friendly guns like Brown, Surgess, Gallen, and Crichton so I'm happy to hold him for the moment. Thurston's absence does affect the Cowboys way of playing, and I expect some better scores from Hess when JT is back on the field. I'll be looking at upgrading Hess after round 15 sometime... maybe to Jtrbo

I agree with the hold on Hess if JT is back sentiment. JT will give Hess alot more quality ball to run onto. If JT plays next round, Hess's BE isn't too bad to see how he goes
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 03, 2017 1:14 pm

Honeysett wrote:Hopefully Hayne can continue playing in the centres and get that DPP so I can just set and forget about the worst position in the game.

I did not even think about this til now. Thank you!
    That's one way to decide who to get rid of out of my five starting WFBs!

Fuck, this robdog this has really thrown me.
    His funeral is Friday mid-morning a little way South of Brisbane for anyone interested/that knew him a little better than I might've.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 pm

Chewie wrote:

I can certainly see the arguments for holding him too, no doubt about that. But for me anyway if I had to make a call one way or another then thats what I would do.

A stat that I found quite remarkable, which I feel supports the sentiment of some of the posts I made is that in the last game Hess played, he ran for a total of 37m in 80 minutes. Without looking in to depth, that seems remarkably low. I wonder how many back-rowers have played 80 and run for less than 37m? That's more out of interest than anything, there is of course much more to it than that.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 03, 2017 1:27 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Hey mate,

I can honestly say that over in NZ I have heard nothing about Barba. I understand he got a few minutes of the bench to debut back in early March. Just rubbish minutes though and was playing cause his country man was suspended after being involved in a Cocaine incident with one of my boys!

Since then I dont believe he has gotten on the paddock again with the first team.

Just went through a few of the previous games.

From what I can tell, he is currently behind Lee Halfpenny for starting full back, and cant get on to bench. He has Fuck all chance of getting a starting gig if LH is remains FB.

Post by Guest Wed May 03, 2017 1:39 pm

Just on this Hess talk - I'm probably going to move him on this round. I dont have the discipline to hold the trade to be honest. Trading him gives me some more bye options and I'll use that to justify it Very Happy
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 03, 2017 1:47 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Just went through a few of the previous games.

From what I can tell, he is currently behind Lee Halfpenny for starting full back, and cant get on to bench. He has Fuck all chance of getting a starting gig if LH is remains FB.

here's the thing though, the cross over from League to Union (and visa versa) is a really tough one. Not many have done it successfully at a high level and those that have have often taken some time. I.e. SBW played club footy, then domestic, then Super Rugby, and then made the ABs. As a contrast Benji Marshal tried to make it by going straight into Super Rugby and failed miserably. You've gotta bide you time in the lower grades to get up to speed no matter how good you (think) you are. Im not sure what Barba is doing, maybe he is playing lower leagues, but I can say for sure, he wont crack the top if he doesnt. He might get on the filed in somewhere like Japan, or maybe even in Europe for some teams. But if he legitimately wants to make an impact in Union it will take some time. If he is up against Halfpenny for the starting spot then even best case he wont see regular game time for a couple seasons IMO.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 03, 2017 1:52 pm

TheWeapon wrote:Surely JBrom is going to improve? I bought him at what I thought was rock bottom last week...and I'm worried his scores aren't trending up...he's getting plenty of minutes too.

As long as he makes it through rep round unscathed, I'll bring him in for Frankenstein next week.

For me (for mine) 3 seasons as a 50+ average gun isn't undone by a handful of games, some of which were injury affected.

He's ridiculously cheap at 325k, and given his history, I'd feel like an idiot for passing up on him. People have paid more for fly-by-nighters like Hess, Crichton & CHN with zero history, so I'll gladly pick up JBrom for that price.

With Welch-Nicol out for a time and Harris due back in the line-up, I'm confident we'll get a 50 average JBrom from here on out.

Worst case he'll hold his price and cost a trade down the line.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed May 03, 2017 2:05 pm

In a perfect world these will be my upcoming trades to round 12. Currently have 21 left.
    Round 10 - Winterstein & Lamb out - A. Elliot & Norman in
    Round 11 - CHN & Abbey out - Tualau (via N. Brown) & Gutherson in (if still f/b)
    Round 12 - Fifita & Hess out - J. Graham & Mannering in

This will leave me with 15 trades left & give me:
    Round 12=16 players, 13=19, 15=13, 16=15, 18=13, 19=15

By round 20 I want 10 trades left so rounds 16 & 19 will use 4 trades to get a playing 17.
    That leaves me with 1 floating trade to use as required. I'll use it to get a gun ctr.

This will be my squad in round 12:
    Smith, Cook
    J. Graham, Wallace, F. Kaufusi, Tualau
    JDB, Mannering, Surgess, N. Brown, Crichton, A. Elliot
    SJ, Norman, Klokstad, Field
    Cotric, Idris, Talakai, Kelly
    Slater, RTS, Gutherson, Ponga, R. Jennings.

I'm not sure whether 13 players for the big bye rounds 15 & 18 is enough but at least I'll still be able to get out a full 17 in the other minor bye rounds. Thoughts.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:44 pm