NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 37

Neillo
    Neillo

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 37 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 37

Post by Neillo Mon May 01, 2017 4:33 pm

Showbags wrote:

Based on the round 1s magic number. $100k is roughly worth about 250 points. So the way I look at it is this, is the trade gonna make me 100k or will I be 250 points better off in the long run.  Exception if you are trading to a keeper for me, I would consider a sideways trade for better byes over all, but probably only if who I trade to plays 2+ more games than the other. For instance brown + Guths to Taupau + Cleary/Trbo/DWalker come round 16.

Thanks mate...that's a super helpful answer Trophy
    pm888
    pm888

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 37 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 37

Post by pm888 Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

what are we all doing with fkaufs? theres a real opportunity to trade him to graham the week after next with their values being similar, however they both play 2 bye rounds.

it would be nice to carry both (as well as n.brown) through to rnd 18, just not sure what his true value is.

take out the last two try scoring games (3 tries) and hes a 43 avg player. not exactly final team worthy, and he may even lose value - dropping to 400k if that is his true average.
    would love to have him as an 18th man, but im not travelling as well as some teams so i think its better to put that value elsewhere. you guys thinking the same?
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon May 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Revraiser wrote:That conundrum of whether or not to trade Fiffy/Cam/McGuire out/back in is going to wreak havoc with our trades.

I don't see the conundrum with Fifita and McGuire. For me its pretty clear.

Yes to getting rid of McGuire, no to bringing him back. If you don't have Graham, or Brown you swap them in. There are similar scorers, with similar reliability for around the same price.

Yes to Smith. Purely because you are limited to one back up hooker. Swap out Smith to a hooker that compliments your second hooker. Bring smith Back in later.

No to fifita, because there are enough bench spots in the FRF to have any form of covering depth.

This is all subject to a million dependencies of course. But in my situation. that my thoughts
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 01, 2017 4:46 pm

pm888 wrote:what are we all doing with fkaufs? theres a real opportunity to trade him to graham the week after next with their values being similar, however they both play 2 bye rounds.

it would be nice to carry both (as well as n.brown) through to rnd 18, just not sure what his true value is.

take out the last two try scoring games (3 tries) and hes a 43 avg player. not exactly final team worthy, and he may even lose value - dropping to 400k if that is his true average.
    would love to have him as an 18th man, but im not travelling as well as some teams so i think its better to put that value elsewhere. you guys thinking the same?

Currently I'm happy to hold him for the bye rounds... I'll trade him out after round 18 for a keeper (not sure who yet)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon May 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Yes to getting rid of McGuire, no to bringing him back. If you don't have Graham, or Brown you swap them in. There are similar scorers, with similar reliability for around the same price.

Yes to Smith. Purely because you are limited to one back up hooker. Swap out Smith to a hooker that compliments your second hooker. Bring smith Back in later.

No to fifita, because there are enough bench spots in the FRF to have any form of covering depth.

This is all subject to a million dependencies of course. But in my situation. that my thoughts

I'm keeping Smith because I'm running him together with Pritchard... and I like having a solid Hooker outside the Bye rounds
    I'm planning to trade Pritchard out for Macca come round 19

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm definitely trading out Fifita if selected for origin.

Plays one game between Rounds 12 & 15.

Many other FRF with better byes are scoring similar anyway

Post by Guest Mon May 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Elliot smells like a trap. Why the sudden interest? He won't be scoring 2 tries very often. Maybe a R12 trade when he fills in for Jackson and/or Klemmer, but I wouldn't be playing him before then. I think Beastwood got less minutes for his dopey kick and lack of discipline the week before, but he played strongly with his limited minutes and I expect him to go back to normal minutes.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Mon May 01, 2017 5:18 pm

For anyone that is interested Lone Scout and I had a quick back and forth about the Try Assist that wasn't Wink

In summary his understanding is that it basically comes down to whether the pass directly led to a try (or not) and that at the end of the day it is therefore a subjective matter. What lone scout says makes sense however in relation to how things were scored on the weekend it does not. E.g. I cannot reconcile how SJ to Fusitua = a try assist and Norman to Gutherson does not.

Anyway, if I hear anything back from Stats (Prozone) I'll post it if Im allowed to.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 01, 2017 5:19 pm

Rabbit wrote:Elliot smells like a trap. Why the sudden interest? He won't be scoring 2 tries very often. Maybe a R12 trade when he fills in for Jackson and/or Klemmer, but I wouldn't be playing him before then. I think Beastwood got less minutes for his dopey kick and lack of discipline the week before, but he played strongly with his limited minutes and I expect him to go back to normal minutes.

I was keen on him this morning but have since changed my mind & tend to agree with you mate. I just want to give him a couple of weeks to see whether he cements the starting 2fr & plays big minutes. We all know what Hasler is like & how he sticks to his established players. I mean Frawley has been stuck on the bench when he should of been starting. He probably will now if J-Rey is out with his hammy.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 01, 2017 5:23 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:For anyone that is interested Lone Scout and I had a quick back and forth about the Try Assist that wasn't Wink

In summary his understanding is that it basically comes down to whether the pass directly led to a try (or not) and that at the end of the day it is therefore a subjective matter. What lone scout says makes sense however in relation to how things were scored on the weekend it does not. E.g. I cannot reconcile how SJ to Fusitua = a try assist and Norman to Gutherson does not.

Anyway, if I hear anything back from Stats (Prozone) I'll post it if Im allowed to.

fantasy should adopt what sc has. They have a last touch & try assist plays. At least if the player doesn't get the try assist points at least he'll still get the last touch points. Sometimes he'll get both.
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Mon May 01, 2017 5:34 pm

Downgrade Winterstein to Murray? Yay or nay?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon May 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Chewie wrote:I've done my trades for the week...
    No more Knights players in my team (apologies to @Honeysett )

Yates to Gallen
    Sione to Hayne (via Cotric)

Fair enough too. Worst team in the comp and bad byes. Not sure what their redeeming features could be other than couple of decent lads on here support them!
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 01, 2017 5:38 pm

pm888 wrote:what are we all doing with fkaufs? theres a real opportunity to trade him to graham the week after next with their values being similar, however they both play 2 bye rounds.

I dont think Fkausi will be one of my 1st traded out, if anything he looks like the kind of guy that will score the odd try going forward.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon May 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Fortitude wrote:

yes but ur last sentence is where I'm at, it aint going to be a straight shooter i reckon. Good breakdown @Fortitude and how i will probably roll it out assuming there is no curly fries on the menu.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I dont think Fkausi will be one of my 1st traded out, if anything he looks like the kind of guy that will score the odd try going forward.

Holy **** just noticed Kaufusi going to be almost 500k soon. That's crazy and will definitely traded out for a gun post byes. Price aside looks a bit too useful to bin just yet with storm playimg 2 of the bad bye rounds but he is my first trade from round 19

Last edited by GreenMachine on Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon May 01, 2017 5:42 pm

Another point re the big bye rounds 12, 15 & 18. If you can't put out a full 17 in any of these rounds the captains loophole comes into play which gives you 2 bites of the cherry for your captain score.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Mon May 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Chewie wrote:

I'm keeping Smith because I'm running him together with Pritchard... and I like having a solid Hooker outside the Bye rounds
    I'm planning to trade Pritchard out for Macca come round 19

Nearly mentioned the Pritchard factor, but didn't coz he not in My team. In saying that with my current team, I wont be bringing in Pritchard.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon May 01, 2017 5:59 pm

danseels1985 wrote:If I make 2 trades this week I'm down to 18,probably low but I think I'm heading in the right directions. Thoughts on my team please anybody:

Aubusson out Brown in
    McGuire out Gallen in

226k in the bank

Smith McInnes
    Brown FKaufusi Ese ese Yates
    JDB Surgess Gallen Crichton CHN Winterstein
    SJ Norman Nikorima Hampton
    BJ Idris Kelly Fuimaono
    RTS Slater Hayne Suli Phythian

Yates will become Graham in the next couple of weeks and Suli will become Munster soon as well. Any other thoughts?

Personally id look at moving aubbo to the centers rather than selling him. Its hard to know why he got pushed back to the bench, maybe he still wasnt 100%. I think its worth having a look to see if he goes back to 80 mins, 1 because he has good byes and 2 because he will be one of the highest scoring centers
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Mon May 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Shanbon wrote:

No way i'd burn a trade for 50 extra points.

This year for bye planning rather then sideways trading players for 1 -2 games extra i am going to only bring in keepers (those with better byes are the priority) or cash-outs, ill look at bye players for the cash-out but im not going sideways.

My trades this week will be Weinterstien to Gallen and Kelly to MWZ. This will leave me 185k to target a keeper half in the coming weeks.

Smith Cook
    Vaughan Wallace Brown Kaufusi
    Gallen JDB Hess Chrichton CHN Thompson
    Norman Niko Hingano Feeney
    Smat Moga Idris Rennings
    RTS Turbo Hayne Suli MWZ

team value 9mil

Just keep an eye out if hunt is named. If he is you'll be forced to play niko who will be back to his bench role or feeney
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon May 01, 2017 6:05 pm

I may or may not have some information regarding a current Bulldogs player, which could potentially effect another Bulldogs players playing minutes...

50 thumbs up and I'll tell....

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:18 am