NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by chitmunkey Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:Should I bring in McCullough:
    F. Winterstein out - Spina in (via Yates)
    Cook out - McCullough in

Or is Crichton a better option. Crichton has a low b/e whereas Macca has a b/e of 62 which he could easily achieve. My Crichton trades are:
    Lamb out - K-Nik in
    Yates out - Crichton in (via McGuire)

Should I wait until next week re McCullough hoping he scores below his b/e.

Cheers.

cook has great byes, you would be crazy to trade him considering you just bought him in..
    Winterstein just got back to back 50s didn't he? And you want to trade him why. This is a gee up right?
    McCullough has crap byes, sure he plays first 2, then misses 15 and 18. If you dont have him now you missed the train.

If your playing for overall every trade you do now should be geared towards byes. You can't chase every flavour of the week, sometimes you need to just save the trade.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 7 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:19 pm

Archer wrote:Wow @Welshy, that's a top effort on the avatar. Woke up this morning and it took until the bottom of my coffee before i realised @Random wasn't you. Looks like avatar bets went up a notch, going to have to 'tune up my paint skillz'.
    Got to thank Honeysett for the paint skills mate, my imagination though! I'm happy with the choice Laugh 3
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:23 pm

Quick question: who is most likely to start when Tohu is back, Fkafusi or KBrom?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:23 pm

chitmunkey wrote:

cook has great byes, you would be crazy to trade him considering you just bought him in..
    Winterstein just got back to back 50s didn't he? And you want to trade him why.  This is a gee up right?
    McCullough has  crap byes, sure he plays first 2,  then misses 15 and 18. If you dont have him now you missed the train.

If your playing for overall every trade you do now should be geared towards byes. You can't chase every flavour of the week, sometimes you need to just save the trade.

Good advice mate. Cheers.
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Dananz wrote:Quick question: who is most likely to start when Tohu is back, Fkafusi or KBrom?

Kaufusi, I think Bromwich will play same role he had last year from the bench.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Dananz wrote:Quick question: who is most likely to start when Tohu is back, Fkafusi or KBrom?

F. Kaufusi imo. K-Brom will go back to the bench & play in the middle off the bench in a similar role to last year. F. Kaufusi will continue to play 80 mins on the right edge.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:28 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Got to thank Honeysett for the paint skills mate, my imagination though! I'm happy with the choice Laugh 3

Anytime to help in giving @Random shit is time well spent.
    no_worryers
    no_worryers

Post by no_worryers Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:29 pm

White Lightning wrote:

If you're after cash do you have K-Nik (hok/hlf) as he's cheaper than McIlwrick.

good idea that, with that trade ive got

smith (k-nik)
    vaughn fifi (fkaufusi) nufty
    lolo surgess manners (crichton) (hess) chn
    pearce sj frawley nufty
    idris cotric kelly talakai
    rts slater ponga suli pythian

2nd overall 177k itb

a. im thinking vaughns played himself into origin and with a b/e of 63 i think i might swap him to n brown or wallace, that'd give me 260k ish 4 next week to upgrade hess to jdb and maybe chn to whithead or cotric to leilua ...... mayb  Suspect

b. stick with this lot and save a trade. 25 trades left. thoughts? and thanks Cool
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Honeysett wrote:How many players are people generally hoping for over the byes? At this stage I only have 7 for the first byes. I've never properly bye planned before because I cbf but I'm doing alright this year so I kind of what to push it and see how high I can finish instead of just worrying about a few head to head wins.

Also with a couple more Ws I can guarantee myself to remain as a mod and not get the sack, SI and myself are top of the ladder currently.

I currently have 12 of Fifita isn't playing origin and Jennings+Talakai manage to keep their spot. Aiming for 14-15 in 12 and 17 in 13

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

Can use that photo here if you'd like @Archer dont worry about our avatar bet photo since it's pretty much the same
    chitmunkey
    chitmunkey

Post by chitmunkey Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:33 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Good advice mate. Cheers.

In saying that. as a fellow cook owner, cook to prichard is mighty tempting Laughing
    if degoise is done for the year and he can Avg 45 here out his a steal at 330k, great byes too. Gee cook was a shit trade what were we thinking Bang
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:35 pm

no_worryers wrote:

good idea that, with that trade ive got

smith (k-nik)
    vaughn fifi (fkaufusi) nufty
    lolo surgess manners (crichton) (hess) chn
    pearce sj frawley nufty
    idris cotric kelly talakai
    rts slater ponga suli pythian

2nd overall 177k itb

a. im thinking vaughns played himself into origin and with a b/e of 63 i think i might swap him to n brown or wallace, that'd give me 260k ish 4 next week to upgrade hess to jdb and maybe chn to whithead or cotric to leilua ...... mayb  Suspect

b. stick with this lot and save a trade. 25 trades left. thoughts? and thanks Cool

You are the man bro. 2nd overall & plenty of trades up your sleeve. Why not bring in a keeper like J. Graham.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 pm

An alternative to focusing on numbers for bye rounds is looking at strength of players
    Rather than try to bring in an extra round 12 player I might look into upgrading one of Talakai or Jennings to Aubbo. Doesn't improve my numbers for that week but certainly gives me a points boost. Just a wait and see for how Aubbo performs with Tauk back and his impact on Guerra
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Strong rumour parra have signed Mitch rein for a mid year switch, Pritchard owners should keep an eye out. Parra need better middle defense
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

chitmunkey wrote:

In saying that. as a fellow cook owner, cook to prichard is mighty tempting Laughing
    if degoise is done for the year and he can Avg 45 here out his a steal at 330k, great byes too. Gee cook was a shit trade what were we thinking Bang

haha very true re Cook. Every time I see Pritchard make a tackle he always looks injured. He would give me the shits to bring him in. If I go with my other trades I can put Cook in my npr's & just hope that Farah plays origin so Cook gets big minutes.

Post by Guest Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Shanbon wrote:Strong rumour parra have signed Mitch rein for a mid year switch, Pritchard owners should keep an eye out. Parra need better middle defense

That surprises me I was watching him the other day and thought he was actually playing brilliantly
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Shanbon wrote:Strong rumour parra have signed Mitch rein for a mid year switch, Pritchard owners should keep an eye out. Parra need better middle defense

Cheers Shanbon. It makes you wonder why Rein went to the Panthers in the first place. He must of gambled on ousting Wallace which imo was a bad gamble because Wallace gets better with age & performs at a high standard at hooker. Actually playing hooker has revitalised his career.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 pm

Honeysett wrote:

As #1 member of the Pearce fan club I can confirm that he's brilliant to have this year. He tackles well, kicks well, is good for a try here and there with his backing up. Due to the way he plays the game he loves a try assist and so far has been the stand out pick in my team thus far.

I would prefer from a fantasy standpoint that people don't bring him in as I think he is a great POD for my team. However in the interest of fairness I have deluged this information.

Cheers lej. Literally never owned him, not even for a match Cheers
    zorasdomain
    zorasdomain

Post by zorasdomain Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Honeysett wrote:Anyone else able to make unlimited trades at the moment? I think my system is fucked up but it's letting me use all my trades.

I might email them and see if it's a problem they know about in case other people are doing it and will cheat the system

Mine is doing the opposite. It is telling me I have exceeded my weekly trade limit, when I've only done 1 and my trades counter still shows 1 left for this week in brackets.
    I would really love it if it would let me use all my trades this week.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:11 pm

zorasdomain wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:Anyone else able to make unlimited trades at the moment? I think my system is fucked up but it's letting me use all my trades.

I might email them and see if it's a problem they know about in case other people are doing it and will cheat the system

Mine is doing the opposite. It is telling me I have exceeded my weekly trade limit, when I've only done 1 and my trades counter still shows 1 left for this week in brackets.
    I would really love it if it would let me use all my trades this week.

Tried rolling back your team?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:55 am