NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:40 pm

I'm gonna trade in Jbrom this week. I know I can get him cheaper and he hasn't really been scoring wel but I need to get rid of Sue.

I figure mid 30s are better than mid teens for nearly the same price
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Ah makes way more sense. Now you understand my confusion haha

Hahaha yeah
    Onthebeatpete
    Onthebeatpete

Post by Onthebeatpete Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:43 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:I'm gonna trade in Jbrom this week. I know I can get him cheaper and he hasn't really been scoring wel but I need to get rid of Sue.

I figure mid 30s are better than mid teens for nearly the same price

I was thinking J Brom as well, 37 isn't that bad considering he conceded 3 penalties and missed 3 tackles. Could have been a decent score!

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 pm

Onthebeatpete wrote:

I was thinking J Brom as well, 37 isn't that bad considering he conceded 3 penalties and missed 3 tackles. Could have been a decent score!

Ah screw it. I'll trade in Cook and Jbrom this week and hopefully and I really mean it this time I wont trade next week
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:55 pm

DarkKnight wrote:

haha you have any trades lined up for next week?
    Can't really say till team lists. But hoping for a good one
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:59 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah, this game is trash. None of the updates from Saturday have been applied on mine yet.

I think Cheat Kennedy will win by a couple of points after late reserving CHN for Yates, rather than Suli's AE.

Around 750 for me, smashed by 40 points in my H2H even though my opponent had Ponga and Yates in his 17. Thanks Merrin and Ryan James you useless sacks of shit.

Ryan James - Wallace next week. Should have done it weeks ago, should have done it last week. How the fuck did Ryan James escape suspension? gun

Bloke is now on the radar of every man and their dog so that brings it to the fore and will keep it in check.

I for one will be watching his Podcasts for the next few weeks to see if he can defend himself. Innocent until proven guilty, and I only say that knowing Fantasy obviously hasn't exactly been the most reliable platform.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 am

SI wrote:

Bloke is now on the radar of every man and their dog so that brings it to the fore and will keep it in check.

I for one will be watching his Podcasts for the next few weeks to see if he can defend himself.  Innocent until proven guilty, and I only say that knowing Fantasy obviously hasn't exactly been the most reliable platform.

Yeah someone even brought it up in a tweet yesterday during the knights game. Someone like that who works for them is going to have an eye kept on them at the best of times. His team will be checked hourly for the next few weeks by some to see if there's anything else fishy going on.

I for one couldn't give a stuff even then if he has cheated nothing will come of it. He's not eligible to win any prizes so what are they going to do? Fire him over a fantasy game?

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:10 am

SI wrote:

I for one will be watching his Podcasts for the next few weeks to see if he can defend himself.  Innocent until proven guilty, and I only say that knowing Fantasy obviously hasn't exactly been the most reliable platform.

Cheers SI.

I really wish I was wrong and it was just a display error due to a DPP trade to bring Corey in.. but I've seen those before and never have I seen a red dot locked in R/Starter then shift out after the game.

I actually pulled the trigger and emailed FanHub about it.

Maybe he's in a flood affected area and really wanted to make the changes, but couldn't.. Sorry but them's the breaks.

He knows he's been entered into hundreds of leagues.. 1. How would it not get noticed? 2. Why fuck over all those people you're playing who have to play by the rules?
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:29 am

elgey is now tied for second leading try scorer in 2017 with 4 tries. what a gun!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:45 am

WT Winfield wrote:
    SI wrote:

Cheers SI.

I really wish I was wrong and it was just a display error due to a DPP trade to bring Corey in.. but I've seen those before and never have I seen a red dot locked in R/Starter then shift out after the game.

I actually pulled the trigger and emailed FanHub about it.

Maybe he's in a flood affected area and really wanted to make the changes, but couldn't.. Sorry but them's the breaks.

He knows he's been entered into hundreds of leagues.. 1. How would it not get noticed? 2. Why fuck over all those people you're playing who have to play by the rules?

Any chance you can go through how it played out again mate?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:07 am

I liked the look of Nathan Brown before R1 but wanted to wait a bit. Looks like he's hitting his straps now at Parra. Get in my team.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:31 am

SI wrote:

I've checked out his player movements from last week to this week to get a better idea of what's happened.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 2C2mwkJ

So Matagi out, Yates to FR and CHN in SR. His other trade was a straight swap RJennings to Slater.

From Thursday until some time after the Knights game on Saturday, Yates was shown to be a matching player R in the H2H line-up. *Edit: He was displayed as a unique player once we switched him out prior to kickoff.

On Saturday, 15 mins before the Knights kicked off, I first saw that Yates was not in final team lists. My friends and I scrambled to get Yates out of our teams and because some of them are using the phone app, I used the View Match-Up to confirm that Yates appeared outside their 17 and Jacks had the R instead.

All of our opponents, including Chris Kennedy, still had the R on Yates once the game kicked off and completed.

I then went out and missed the other games, but got a message from my friend at 11:30pm saying that Yates was switched out of CK's team.

I checked the other teams and everyone else that hadn't swapped Yates out in time, still had him, except CK.

In my experience, Yates should have appeared outside his 17 once the game kicked off, and a 'New Player Yet to Play' or 'No Player Selected' or maybe a random white space should appear in those cases.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:46 am

WT Winfield wrote:
    SI wrote:

I've checked out his player movements from last week to this week to get a better idea of what's happened.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 2C2mwkJ

So Matagi out, Yates to FR and CHN in SR. His other trade was a straight swap RJennings to Slater.

From Thursday until some time after the Knights game on Saturday, Yates was shown to be a matching player R in the H2H line-up. *Edit: He was displayed as a unique player once we switched him out prior to kickoff.

On Saturday, 15 mins before the Knights kicked off, I first saw that Yates was not in final team lists. My friends and I scrambled to get Yates out of our teams and because some of them are using the phone app, I used the View Match-Up to confirm that Yates appeared outside their 17 and Jacks had the R instead.

All of our opponents, including Chris Kennedy, still had the R on Yates once the game kicked off and completed.

I then went out and missed the other games, but got a message from my friend at 11:30pm saying that Yates was switched out of CK's team.

I checked the other teams and everyone else that hadn't swapped Yates out in time, still had him, except CK.

In my experience, Yates should have appeared outside his 17 once the game kicked off, and a 'New Player Yet to Play' or 'No Player Selected' or maybe a random white space should appear in those cases.

Cheers mate.

I've read through it 3 times now, and there shouldn't be an anomaly between your mates and his teams. I have however been drinking since 1 O'Clock Perth time Very Happy

Did anyone else see this happen? Or can anyone make sense of why it may have happened?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:58 am

Frol wrote:

Same thing happened to me, my team is versus CK's Merchants in one of my leagues this week. I missed the Yates withdrawal and logged on halfway through the first half, Yates was definitely still appearing in his side.

I came across this post today for someone else that noticed.

The potential for a display error is there, since CHN now occupies the spot that Yates once held, but I still don't understand why Yates wouldn't be shown outside the 17 with one of those white space/no player selected notifications.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:26 am

It's not a proper fantasy season without a bit of in-game technical controversy.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:59 am

@Archer what's the avatar mate?

Post by Guest Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:48 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I came across this post today for someone else that noticed.

The potential for a display error is there, since CHN now occupies the spot that Yates once held, but I still don't understand why Yates wouldn't be shown outside the 17 with one of those white space/no player selected notifications.

Probably a glitch
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:06 am

SI wrote:

Blokes are in need of some tough love.  Send them back to Ressies for a few weeks.  Which in call centre terms is the Telstra faults line.

A tap on the shoulder required
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 am

Fraser wrote:
    Yeah that's me. Haven't had much of a chance to get on to the forums and post as life has been pretty hectic lately. Just had our first bub and now Lismore has been hit with the worst floods we've had for years so fantasy footy has been on the back burner which seems to be working ok. Maybe I have been over thinking it all these years

Oh man... that'll do me ! Wheres that pin .. ?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:11 am

Well while we're waiting for the shop to open. Any big fantasy relevant news pop up this week??

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:54 pm