NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Share
    avatar
    Mr Fernando

    Posts : 375
    Reputation : 69
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Mr Fernando on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:07 pm

    The Mole on Seggy:

    The Mole‏ @RLW_Mole
    @TheRealPedge7 Sharks in a few weeks maybe


    Who knows what's going on there
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9008
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:07 pm

    BroncHose wrote:

    On the cashies situation:

    Where do we rate priority of getting these guys in (job security, potential etc)

    Talaki
    Moga
    Suli
    Cotric
    Kelly
    Rennings
    Burns
    Jacks
    Field

    Some of these I have in, but one or two I didn't get - cause they seemed to come from nowhere, so I didn't expect much security (Jacks, Moga mainly)
    Only cashie I consider a priority is Brailey/Jacks I have the rest so happy enough moving forward after a mediocre R1 score

    problem with both is lack of clear job security
    avatar
    Random
    Moderator

    Posts : 4881
    Reputation : 622
    Join date : 2015-01-12
    Age : 25

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Random on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:09 pm

    Gaudo wrote:My team:

    CS9  

    Graham   Prior  

    JDB   S Matautia   k bromwich  

    johnson       moses    

    D walker     idris  

    RTS    Tedesco   hayne


    Res: Brailey(r), Musgrove(r), Papalii, Kaufusi(r),Sironen   yates, elgey, Jacks, suli, kelly, phythian,  cotric

    My initial thoughts were phythian to moga and prior to wallace, but I think the wallace trade is too sideways. I think i will go k bromwich to winterstein and prior to barnett, swapping 2 mid rangers for a gun and rookie (i think barnett could be a gun at lock). Ill wait and see who comes along for pythian for now.

    Personally I think trading out K. Bromwich isn't worth it. However in this case considering you pick up Barnett it definitely has its merit.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9008
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:11 pm

    Lamb looks the good fantasy wise as a cheaper half option. 40 with -16 in errors
    avatar
    rhinoceroo

    Posts : 1624
    Reputation : 285
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by rhinoceroo on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:14 pm

    For the Knights I would expect PMat to go to fullback and Wardle to play centre once he's fit. So if SMat is moved it would only be for a week or two.

    Don't know if mentioned on last thread but reported (by Mole, so whatever) that Foran out until round 6-8, so Hingano medium term security looking better.
    avatar
    code delta

    Posts : 1029
    Reputation : 324
    Join date : 2016-05-05

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by code delta on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:15 pm

    Clack Bocks wrote:Isn't Feeney still with the Knights? Surely he's a walk up start for full back
    Lol
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9008
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:16 pm

    rhinoceroo wrote:For the Knights I would expect PMat to go to fullback and Wardle to play centre once he's fit. So if SMat is moved it would only be for a week or two.

    Don't know if mentioned on last thread but reported (by Mole, so whatever) that Foran out until round 6-8, so Hingano medium term security looking better.

    Didn't realise the Hingano news, worth a look then if Foran out that long.

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:21 pm

    EvenSteeden wrote:What are people's thoughts on Jarrod Wallace?

    Seems like he got a whole bunch of gametime last round - were McQueen/Proctor off for injuries or something? 58 and 40 mins respectively is a bit unusual

    Wallace played 80 minutes.

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:22 pm

    Gaudo wrote:My team:

    CS9  

    Graham   Prior  

    JDB   S Matautia   k bromwich  

    johnson       moses    

    D walker     idris  

    RTS    Tedesco   hayne


    Res: Brailey(r), Musgrove(r), Papalii, Kaufusi(r),Sironen   yates, elgey, Jacks, suli, kelly, phythian,  cotric

    My initial thoughts were phythian to moga and prior to wallace, but I think the wallace trade is too sideways. I think i will go k bromwich to winterstein and prior to barnett, swapping 2 mid rangers for a gun and rookie (i think barnett could be a gun at lock). Ill wait and see who comes along for pythian for now.

    I think Wallace will average around 50 this season. For a player to reach at least $450,000 from $321,000 isn't sideways.

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:23 pm

    Welshy wrote:Hopefully the knights go PMat to FB and bring in Cory Denniss.

    Didn't consider SMat being moved back, that would suck

    SMat will only play in the back row as long as Nathan Brown is in charge.
    avatar
    dreamers

    Posts : 405
    Reputation : 81
    Join date : 2017-02-23
    Location : Auckland

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by dreamers on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:23 pm

    BroncHose wrote:

    On the cashies situation:

    Where do we rate priority of getting these guys in (job security, potential etc)

    Talaki - Yes, should keep his spot until Gray is fit (Round 10)
    Moga - Maybe, Injury risk, and Mead could push him out.
    Suli - Yes, paid big money to join Tigers, should hold his spot.
    Cotric - Yes, replaced Lee (Sharks) on the wing.
    Kelly - Yes, Barrett has big wraps on him, should hold his spot.
    Rennings - No, not likely to get a game.
    Burns - Maybe, may get a wing spot (Wait for TLT)
    Jacks - Yes, will probably drop out when Slater is back, but the million dollar question is when, could be next week or 6 weeks.
    Field - No, coming off bench, little minutes.


    Some of these I have in, but one or two I didn't get - cause they seemed to come from nowhere, so I didn't expect much security (Jacks, Moga mainly)


    Last edited by dreamers on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:24 pm

    Welshy wrote:Potential trade in option AFB - facing potential 2 match ban for shoulder charge along with Taupau.

    Perrett could get an extended look this week, a decent R option if he can get 40+ minutes

    I would wear the ban. A trade this early in the season for someone only out for 2 games isn't worth it.
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:24 pm

    Saifiti seems to be my only problem but surely 20 is the lowest he will go all season.
    Nothing below him or slightly above him is jumping out as a must have.

    Have considered Wallace, Matagi, of the FRFs.
    Mannah, McLean, Tapine of the 2RFs

    Also Winterstein briefly but doesn't seem smart.

    Any thoughts on those guys?

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:25 pm

    Welshy wrote:

    Didn't realise the Hingano news, worth a look then if Foran out that long.

    I would rule out that rumour. Foran will definitely be back next week against the Bulldogs.

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:26 pm

    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Saifiti seems to be my only problem but surely 20 is the lowest he will go all season.
    Nothing below him or slightly above him is jumping out as a must have.

    Have considered Wallace, Matagi, of the FRFs.
    Mannah, McLean, Tapine of the 2RFs

    Also Winterstein briefly but doesn't seem smart.

    Any thoughts on those guys?

    DSaifiti will never be a fantasy gun. I'm not sure why you even considered him in the first place.

    I would definitely buy Wallace (I have him on my team) and none of the 2RFs you mentioned.
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9008
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:27 pm

    TBO wrote:

    I would wear the ban.  A trade this early in the season for someone only out for 2 games isn't worth it.
    Trade in* I said fella, AFB been talked about as potential trade in by a few posters

    If I already had AFB I would stick with him no doubt.

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:28 pm

    Random wrote:

    Personally I think trading out K. Bromwich isn't worth it. However in this case considering you pick up Barnett it definitely has its merit.  

    Barnett will score between 35-50 normally. Would this uncertainly persuade you to buy him in or would you go for someone more consistent like Wallace?
    avatar
    Liverpool_Bulldog

    Posts : 2616
    Reputation : 212
    Join date : 2016-02-14
    Location : UK

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Liverpool_Bulldog on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:29 pm

    Haha is TBO actually Wallace?
    avatar
    Welshy
    Moderator

    Posts : 9008
    Reputation : 1375
    Join date : 2015-09-16
    Age : 29
    Location : Wales

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by Welshy on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm

    TBO wrote:

    Barnett will score between 35-50 normally.   Would this uncertainly persuade you to buy him in or would you go for someone more consistent like Wallace?
    Barnett will score A LOT more than 35 90% of the time. He is an animal

    TBO

    Posts : 538
    Reputation : 57
    Join date : 2016-03-02

    Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 14

    Post by TBO on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:30 pm

    Welshy wrote:
    Trade in* I said fella, AFB been talked about as potential trade in by a few posters

    If I already had AFB I would stick with him no doubt.

    Why would you trade him in if he won't be scoring for 2 games? It's not like his price will change lol unless you're thinking of trading out a player that is already falling in price and you're looking to hedge those losses.

      Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:43 pm