NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 am

wolfking wrote:
    Random wrote:Going to ask again real quickly.

Option 1:
    E. Taylor + J. Maloney

Option 2:
    C. Sironen + C. Norman

Then we have my second issue, to Cam or not to Cam. (Note: Captain choices are currently Fifita, de Belin, S. Burgess)

Option 1:
    P. Gallen + J. Brailey/K. Pritchard

Option 2:
    C. McInnes + S. Talakai

Option 2 easily for the first one.  And Smith all the way, so option 1.

Of the second options.... Smith isn't picked in either of them.

I mean I could run..

Smith + Maloney + Sironen if I combine all 3 options.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition - Page 38 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 9 - TLT edition

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 am

Warriors wrote:1 thing I always come back to each year is that new role edge second rowers playing 80 make the quickest money, not middle forwards with anticipated bigger roles.

This is a great point in my opinion. All of these mid range FRFs only serve to remind me of Evans, Grant, etc from last year (i'm sure there were one or two others).

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:59 am

Random wrote:Going to ask again real quickly.

Option 1:
    E. Taylor + J. Maloney

Option 2:
    C. Sironen + C. Norman

Then we have my second issue, to Cam or not to Cam. (Note: Captain choices are currently Fifita, de Belin, S. Burgess)

Option 1:
    P. Gallen + J. Brailey/K. Pritchard

Option 2:
    C. McInnes + S. Talakai

I like 2 for sure in the first.

I like option 1 for 2nd
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 am

Moeroa, S Sue or DSaifiti?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:01 am

Brailey vs Macca

Macca (r) NPRs Leota Python
    Brailey (npr) McGuire(r) Suli(npr)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:04 am

So I read that Jason Taylor doesn't like to name debutants in his 17 (pressure, publicity) and that Suli is playing. May be bullshit...but would have him over Moga if true. But Moga plays first...
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

my tv broke wrote:

This is a great point in my opinion. All of these mid range FRFs only serve to remind me of Evans, Grant, etc from last year (i'm sure there were one or two others).

This is why I question picks of Gurgess, Jarrod Wallace, NAS, DSaifiti, Prior etc think they could make 50K but they could also be shithouse.

I am starting to think that Moeroa could be worth a shot now back playing on an edge and could get 70+ minutes on average. If should right he could hit 45+ average.

Suaso Sue is probably a wait and see for me. No1 else really stands out apart from Smat, Manly and Storm second rowers.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:05 am

Warriors wrote:Moeroa, S Sue or DSaifiti?

Personally I like Moeroa of those three. I don't see how Sue can play 80 mins without his workrate dropping significantly, and DSaifiti fits the mold of "prop expected to up output" but reality is he may improve by a couple of points at best.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:06 am

Fortitude wrote:Im interested in peoples thoughts about starting sides and CTs.

Risk v Reward sort of analysis on options.

Option 1. Starting with 4 cheapies. Idris, Cotric, Talakai, Kelly etc.

Reward, it frees up cash to improve areas that are more consistent scorers.
    Reward: Potential to make money
    Reward: They wont lose money, which gives you time to identify who is a better buy if you got it wrong.
    Risk: They fail. Cost trades and time to get team back to strength.
    Risk: Slow start

Option 2: mix of cheap and expensive.
    All of the above risks and rewards and:

You pay 350K+ for a centre i.e Walker Turbo.

Reward: they may be a set and forget, make 40+ a week don't lose cash. saves trades.
    Risk: they tank, lose money and cost you a trade.

Option 3

Go for proven scores in CT. Croker.

There is no croker for 6 weeks, refer to option 2 and 3.

What are people weighing up when choosing their CT oprions

I hate he position.

I conservatively burn about 6 trades a year messing around in centres so this year I decided on one mid ranger I'm just going to persevere with and keep all year (barring injury or dropped) and rotate 3 low priced/rookies with him.

I'm strongly against 2 rookies option for the trade burning and fiddling reasons. Can't be arsed spending energy and trades on them. Walker or Turbo great set and forget options.

High chance your rookie setup;
    Talakai dropped for Goodwin centre and Burns wing (or similar combination)
    Idris poor form and low output (lazy)
    Cotric losing his place when croker returns early
    Kelly gamble doesn't work out and they come up with any number of Wright brother combo replacements.

Just such a gamble.

On the flip side
    Idris beast mode and Kelly really works out. Happy days if that happens! I think probability about 60/40 in favour of the bad way
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:07 am

lukeaye wrote:

I like 2 for sure in the first.

I like option 1 for 2nd

Agree.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:08 am

Loomer wrote:Brailey vs Macca

Macca (r) NPRs Leota Python
    Brailey (npr) McGuire(r) Suli(npr)

For whats its worth I would probably go with 1. Broncoes hard start means lots of grind and tackles for Macca. Am picking McInnes myself but that's because I don't think Field on bench changes McInnes from 80 minutes.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:10 am

lukeaye wrote:So Far my Team

Smith (C) Macca (R)
    Jbrom Dsaif Eseese Kaufusi (r)
    Surgess JDB Mau Sironen (r) Winterstein NPR
    Norman Maloney Elegy (r) Hingano
    Moga Idris B.Kelly Cotric
    Hayne RTS Pythian Ponga Uate

Couplen of them not for me but very nice mate.

Can really make a nice side when not going with Fifita. Hmmm
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:11 am

rhinoceroo wrote:So I read that Jason Taylor doesn't like to name debutants in his 17 (pressure, publicity) and that Suli is playing. May be bullshit...but would have him over Moga if true. But Moga plays first...

seems very plausible. we will see if Suli makes the cut into the 19 at 8pm tomorrow night but thats also the same time that the broncos/sharks kicks off.

I think its likely Suli will play. I get the feeling Rankin will play as a utility to spell McIllrick and Edwards will drop off. But I have no evidence to suggest this is true other than Suli playing and training at wing for the last few weeks.

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:12 am

Loomer wrote:My latest team with Macca. Like the nucleus and most R12 players yet (not guaranteed). I like nucleus if go back to Brailey

CS9 Macca
    JWH Wallace
    JDB Surgess Bateman Sione Faufusi
    SJ Sezer Elgey
    Walker Talakai
    RTS Guth Hayne

Leota Papalii Yates Field Idris Kelly Python Cotric

Very good. Like it a lot.

Again a monstrous non Fifita team scratch
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:15 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Have Papali but not sure what the go is with Mataulino's return schedule.

Papalii may not even last a week with Bodene returning.
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:16 am

Have had KBrom all pre season now on Kaufusi due to price reasons. Anyone they will think they will score comparably or KBrom a solid 20mins more on avg
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:18 am

GreenMachine wrote:

Very good. Like it a lot.

Again a monstrous non Fifita team scratch

Thanks GM! Don't want to be an RMT hog but like this Brailey team even better. Changes in bold

CS9
    McGuire JWH Wallace
    JDB Surgess Bateman Sione Faufusi
    SJ Sezer Elgey
    Walker Talakai
    RTS Guth Hayne

Brailey Papalii Yates Field Idris Kelly Suli Cotric
    silvertop
    silvertop

Post by silvertop Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:22 am

wolfking wrote:I think I may be settled on this team;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita DSaifiti JWH Yates
    Surgess Mannering SMat FKaufusi Sironen Stimpson
    Lamb Carty Elgey Field
    Talakai Idris Kelly Suli
    RTS Hayne Turbo Phytian Cotric

The force is strong with this one, like like
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:23 am

SoylentGreen wrote:

Stone - that way you've got your bases covered when either he or Yates gets dropped. They probably won't score well, but you're hedging your bets in case one of them turns into a major cash cow.

Cheers. Like your train of thought.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:27 am

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Need a Frf or 2rf to fill a npr position. Got 143k and already have Yates. Need some tips. Have Papali but not sure what the go is with Mataulino's return schedule.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think Leota is a great shout to eventually make money. James Tamou has origin. Latu doesn't play huge mins. RCG coming back from back injury? McKendry slight tear in ACL but will rehab (I did this then did my ACL first game the next season). Browne is new to club and also on bench. Already in 17 but a few injuries and he will get good game time (was named in nines team of the tournament and scores at a high ppm).

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm