NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:K-Brom average mins 2016 = 43 & could see 55-65 mins in 2017
    F. Kaufusi average mins 2016 = 29 & could see 55-65 mins in 2017

I see no reason not to start both in your team. I have Kaufusi but will take Afoa over K-Brom if Bodene's injury is worse than we know. Or I could even take bot K-Brom & Afoa.

Speaking of Bodene. No one really knows what's going on with him & there has been nothing really said about it. Usually you get rumours flying around with injured players but there has been nothing. Maybe it worse than we think but the Warriors don't want the truth getting out. This could be worse than Hillary Clinton's emails.

KBrom played most of his minutes in the middle of the field so may not see that much of an increase with extra minutes on the edge. Averaged 0.59 tackles per minute off the bench and 0.48 tackles per minute when starting on the edge
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 8

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:22 pm

Centre is going to be a pain in the arse like it is every year, as soon as you are happy with who you have one or both get injured.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Spectre wrote:

See above. Don't like seeing him in my team at all

Is it because I picked him up in Ultimate?

If I lose to you in round 1 I know I will be getting relegated.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:24 pm

Warriors wrote:On Smith, anyone think that Smith actually gets more kick metres this year? I mean he is left footed, cronk right footed, left side half if munster I would imagine won't kick anywhere near Blake Green's average of 100m per game if at all, Smiths average km could go from 147m (7 points) up to 240m (12 points), since he will know that defence will target Cronk's kicks I'd imagine he will be proactive and kick even more out of dummy half. This could offset the Storm's attack reducing given the loss of Harris and Proctor.

this is one reason i cannot start without Smith. It may not eventuate but it is a definite possibility that he does just a touch more kicking. even an extra 2-3 points a game (which is one 50metre kick) it will make a difference at the top as a C

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:25 pm

White Lightning wrote:Interesting tit-bit re Thurston & Cowboys. The 1st 9 rounds the Cowboys only play out of the state of Queensland for 1 game & that's against the Dragons. Six out of 9 games at home. Great early draw for the Cowboys & opposition teams have to put up with the heat & travel. I know Coote &/or JT haven't been mentioned much on here but they could be great early picks. With Hayne looking unlikely to play round 1 if you can afford the extra 80k (Hayne to Coote) it could be Coote for your 3rd wfb.

i have been warming to JT recently

I will still pick Hayne if he starts round 1 or not. Just might have to put Phythian/Suli/someone in my 17 for a week or 2.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Every year ctr is the position everyone goes cheap on. To me as long as they score in the 25-35 points range that's acceptable & you won't lose ground because 95% of fantasy players do the same. 5% of fantasy players go maverick & pick a gun ctr but that means they have sacrificed an extra gun in the 2fr for example.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:28 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

KBrom played most of his minutes in the middle of the field so may not see that much of an increase with extra minutes on the edge. Averaged 0.59 tackles per minute off the bench and 0.48 tackles per minute when starting on the edge

KBrom and JWallace will make about 50-60K given KBrom should increase from a 34 average up to about a 40 average, JWallace should go from about a 31 average to about a 37. Whether this is enough to justify a place in your squad is the question as they both will require trades and do not have the best bye schedules.

It's whether you can make that out of a bottom price forward and pick a gun instead is the question as you have already saved yourself 1 trade (worth 70K-100K in my books).

Faufusi has the potential to make more money than kBrom.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Depends how many other cheapies are named. Can't really afford to run with a dead spot in your 25 so if they are the cheapest two options and you start them then you will have 2 NPR centres

The following are all in contention for a round 1 spot

Idris, Talakai, Suli, Cotric, Lawton, Kelly, Scott, Olive

They won't all get named, and even if they do they may not be viable long term options, but if there is any position where all cheapies will work this year, its CTR
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:35 pm

The Hayne potential injury. So we may not know 1 hour before game time if he's going to play & people have said they'll just play Phythian for example. So I had a look at the round 1 draw & we'll be very lucky because the Titans play the 3rd to last game of the round on Saturday night. Then on Sunday it's Warriors v Knights & Manly v Eels. If the Knights game was before the Titans we'd be in a bit of strife & would have to accept an a.e. score.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:36 pm

White Lightning wrote:Every year ctr is the position everyone goes cheap on. To me as long as they score in the 25-35 points range that's acceptable & you won't lose ground because 95% of fantasy players do the same. 5% of fantasy players go maverick & pick a gun ctr but that means they have sacrificed an extra gun in the 2fr for example.

If I pick a cash cow centre there is no way I'd be happy to play them in my 17 if they are only getting 25's. Yes that is 10 points above their price but I think if I pick D Walker he can average 10 points above his price this year. From 33 to 38 because he is back at centre, and then an extra 5 points per game due to goal kicking is a 43 average, saving a trade and having a position set with a gun. No way I would want 4 cash cow centres to start with, I will just pick the ones I think will do the best e.g Moga, Idris, Kelly, over wingers Cotric, Suli and maybe leave out Scott and even Pythian.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:42 pm

I've rejigged my team around a bit as I'm not that sold on French either just going back a couple of pages. I've found 100K and gone Turbo. I'm not the biggest fan of him, but I think he'll put up some monster scores. If we got certainty that Macca would be an 80 player for a while I'd probably go him as Brailey is a concern, but the potential is too big at the moment. Running as of half an hour ago;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Gurgess FKaufusi Papalli
    Surgess ET Carty Sironen SMat Stimpson
    Lamb Norman Elgey Hingano
    Talakai Idris Cotric Kelly
    RTS Hayne Turbo Suli Phythian

Might stick with Hingano as I can see Field becoming a Niko coming on for 15 minutes and his BE just keeps climbing.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

The following are all in contention for a round 1 spot

Idris, Talakai, Suli, Cotric, Lawton, Kelly, Scott, Olive

They won't all get named, and even if they do they may not be viable long term options, but if there is any position where all cheapies will work this year, its CTR

I think Suli (already dpp ctr/wfb) & Cotric (currently ctr but will get dpp ctr/wfb) will be useful for flexibility. Put 1 in the ctrs & 1 at wfb.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:47 pm

Warriors wrote:

If I pick a cash cow centre there is no way I'd be happy to play them in my 17 if they are only getting 25's. Yes that is 10 points above their price but I think if I pick D Walker he can average 10 points above his price this year. From 33 to 38 because he is back at centre, and then an extra 5 points per game due to goal kicking is a 43 average, saving a trade and having a position set with a gun. No way I would want 4 cash cow centres to start with, I will just pick the ones I think will do the best e.g Moga, Idris, Kelly,  over wingers Cotric, Suli and maybe leave out Scott and even Pythian.

You are a maverick my friend & D. Walker with gk is a great pick.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm

Having both SMat in the 2nd and Turbo in the WFB means you at least have that flexibility if for some reason the 4 rookie CTR's don't work.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:55 pm

Kenny Edwards stood down indefinitely following guilty plea.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:55 pm

wolfking wrote:I've rejigged my team around a bit as I'm not that sold on French either just going back a couple of pages.  I've found 100K and gone Turbo.  I'm not the biggest fan of him, but I think he'll put up some monster scores.  If we got certainty that Macca would be an 80 player for a while I'd probably go him as Brailey is a concern, but the potential is too big at the moment.  Running as of half an hour ago;

Smith Brailey
    Fifita Gurgess FKaufusi Papalli
    Surgess ET Carty Sironen SMat Stimpson
    Lamb Norman Elgey Hingano
    Talakai Idris Cotric Kelly
    RTS Hayne Turbo Suli Phythian

Might stick with Hingano as I can see Field becoming a Niko coming on for 15 minutes and his BE just keeps climbing.

Great team mate. I like how you have moved the Carty party into the 2fr & T-Trbo will have a great year & blitz it imo. It's very similar to my team. I have the exact same hooker & frf & whenever I look at Gurgess my gut tells me not to pick him. It's an issue I have with his mins. I think he'll get 40ish mins but I want at least 45 mins. I actually think Tom will go better than him.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:00 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Great team mate. I like how you have moved the Carty party into the 2fr & T-Trbo will have a great year & blitz it imo. It's very similar to my team. I have the exact same hooker & frf & whenever I look at Gurgess my gut tells me not to pick him. It's an issue I have with his mins. I think he'll get 40ish mins but I want at least 45 mins. I actually think Tom will go better than him.

Thanks mate. Yeah, Gurgess is a worry but I keep telling myself the potential is there, he has done it before, but yeah, he needs the minutes. I have the money left to upgrade back to DSaifiti who I took out, but it's a flip of a coin really. Carty I know his price tag is high, but I think he's worth it. Turbo the more I think about, the more I like.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:04 pm

No love for fensom?

Taupau to be a POD?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:07 pm

lukeaye wrote:No love for fensom?

Taupau to be a POD?

No way you'd put Fensom in until you see where he fits into the team.

Taupau is one I finished the year with and he was strong. Interesting that he isn't mentioned much but not sure, is it sounding like he might go back to the front row? If so, stay away.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:07 pm

lukeaye wrote:No love for fensom?

Taupau to be a POD?

Let's say TLT comes out and he's on the interchange

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:37 am