NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 am

Mearcats wrote:

Are we 100% certain that ATay has the GK duties? If so I will reevaluate as I hadn't factored that in. I still feel that while Roberts is around he'll kick goals. If, when Peats returns, Roberts plays a bench utility role then I would assume the kicking duties will go to ATay but until then I wouldn't be certain of that fact.

He was until the Peats injury which is why I was saying its made me re-evaluate his potential with Roberts still around mate
    Dananz
    Dananz

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7 - Page 47 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 7

Post by Dananz Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:20 am

superbucks wrote:I might be different from most, but I can't seem to love the cheap players in the halves.

Lamb and Elgey are my cheapest halves, and they'll be paired with Norman/Cronk/JT/Reynolds or whoever premium I'll land on.

I actually don't mind Moses or Taylor, but I can't see many other good cheap halves. I'd hate to waste a slot there.

In my eyes there are better cheap options in every other position, so that is dictating my selections here. Even in hooker we've got guys like Brailey.. is there a 140k half I'm missing that will get a start?

I am with you on this. I always like a couple of guns in the halves steering my fantasy team around.
    Dananz
    Dananz

Post by Dananz Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:24 am

SI wrote:

Taylor and Sironen for me.  ET pick off all 4 and Sironen can only improve (surely, haha).  Scott's Fantasy scores may improve, but yet to be proven.  I love BLaw as a player, but not sure he is going to improve on last year.

Cheers, yeah I think you're probably right.
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix

Post by TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 am

White Lightning wrote:

He's gone when Gray returns. Not sure how long Gray is out though.

Cheers, according to this he is out for at least 2 months

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/rabbitohs/south-sydney-rabbitohs-centre-aaron-grays-injury-worse-than-first-feared/news-story/b5b10ee741082f7ab521a2aa99e9d24d
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:26 am

Johnny B Goode wrote:

My HLF's are currently Moses, Elgey, Cleeland and Lamb. #iliketolivedangerously

Why Cleeland? The Mbye injured badly was total BS
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:43 am

BroncHose wrote:Finally caught up on two days of missed posts.
    I saw something that resembled my team earlier. I've gone with the twin cams, and James (instead of Fifi). Most of the rest is fairly stock with surgess, Etay, Gurgess etc. But it does leave the CTRs and NPRs very light on. I've got 8 guys under $149 of which most have a crack at Rd1 - too many?

I'll see your 8 and raise to 9 if you can increase the upper limit to 151 so I can sneak sam hoare in Laughing
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 am

The first week that Billy Slater is named to play do you immediately trade one of your round 1 rookies to him?
    GreenMachine
    GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 am

SI wrote:Welshy if you genuinely want to stir GreenMachine up just asked him what happened in 2014...

Hi GM Very Happy  too soon?

Ha! That was the end of me. Let's not discuss that until 2019
    MrCashman
    MrCashman

Post by MrCashman Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:27 am

FebruaryChamp wrote:The first week that Billy Slater is named to play do you immediately trade one of your round 1 rookies to him?

I know exactly how you feel as I'm in the same boat

All depending on the situation, if your fullback is making good points each week and his price is going up I'd hold but if he is doing a J Feeney like last year get rid of him like the plague

Also comes down to what Slater is doing as well
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

Mighty Fishes wrote:

That's fair enough with the betting I understand that but what I don't like is what happens when a couple of years ago Cameron Smith got pretty bad back spasms in the final warm up. Coaches cant plan for that what if they didn't name a hooker in the original 21? So they can pick anyone because the team is already set? Surely if that were to happen a few mins before kick off how does that affect applying for special consideration from the nrl?

Sorry i'm not directing these questions to you, more in general haha I just wanted to voice my thinking

Players who aren't named as part of the 21 won't be able to play unless they get special dispensation from the NRL. IF Cam Smith injures himself in the final training session that probably will be OK to replace him.

The theoretical situation they are trying to stop is lets say Thurston gets a 4-6 week injury. After 3-4 weeks he might be ready to return. Currently they might not name him on Tuesday and slip him in 'unannounced' on game day. There would be all sorts of speculation before hand and this would force them to name him in their 21 on Tuesday.

In practise its going to be no fucking help. Because they'll name Thurston a week or 2 before he is ready, just in case. And whether or not he is named on Tuesday will still not give you certainty on whether he will play or not.
    If he isn't named you can be confidant he won't play. But at some point he'll be named to make his return, and you won't know for sure until 1 hour before kick off. 

Plus even if it is not mandatory to name 21 players, if coaches can only play players named on Tuesday, they'd be made not to name 21 players, just to increase their options in case something happens during the week.
    How pissed off would you be if you decided late in the week that Jamal Fogarty was finally ready to make his debut, but you only named a 19 man squad and he wasn't in it so tough titties.
    So  my expectation is we'll see lots of extended benches, and confusion will reign, at least to start.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 am

Milch Calf want to do some emoji

Coffee In Love Beating Heart Beer queen cherry affraid bounce Rant Dance Drunk  Dead Horse :pp: Rip Sauce Rolling Laugh Drug :pinocchio: Banned
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:29 am

I was interested in DSaifiti until I had a look at the stats. Already played a lot of minutes (averaging 42.5) and I don't see how much that can really increase. Here is the long list of props that averaged above 50 minutes a game. James Graham, Aiden Tolman, Ryan James, Jesse Bromwich, Josh McGuire, Aaron Woods, Dylan Napa, Andrew Fifita, David Klemmer, Adam Blair, Ben Matulino. With Tolman being an outlier due to the Bulldogs forward pack, all these players are rep props or fringe rep props. I don't think Saifiti is ready to jump into this tier in his second year
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 am

English super league - Greg bird 10 in the bin........ hahahaha
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:33 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Cheers for the ideas lads

McInnes, Brailey
    DSaiiti, Gurgess, FKaufusi, NPR
    JDB, Surgess, ET, SMat, Sironen, NPR
    SJ, Lamb, Elgey, NPR
    TTurbo, Idris, Scott, Cotric
    Tedesco, RTS, Hayne, Pythian, Suli

Alright a lil rejig, and that leaves me 66k for things.

Pretty much the same team as me but below are the differences.

Smith, Fifita, Jo Of, Norman, D Walker, 2 x 2RF NPRS
    JDB, Surgess, FKaufusi, Lamb, Tedesco, Brailey, Gurgess

Thinking backline is very similar although I reckon I may have the slight edge. Norman + D Walker > Tedesco + Lamb + 12K
    I have Smith and Fifita, you have JDB and Surgess + $148K. That extra cash allows you to get Gurgess and FKaufusi for my J Ofa and 2RF NPR.

Obviously this means that your 2RF is a lot more stacked than mine, but I have a better FRF and 2RF.

Then there is the fact you have JDB and Surgess as captain choices compared to my Smith and Fifita, with JDB your obvious choice. Just remember he scored 37 points first two rounds and is a little injury prone, whilst the Dragons pack is very stacked and he might only see 60-65 minutes early on (still scores well with less than 80 mins but just not as safe in my eyes). I'm just hoping for a couple of reliable FRF/2RF cheapies come TLT.

All in all I really like your team but I just can't bring myself to running without Smith and I really think McInnes will become a premium gun this year. On trial form and the fact the Sharks now have two hookers I really can't go past Fifita, I also think I need two gun halves I can hopefully rely on. What clearly suffers is my 2RFs in order to shore up every other position.

Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:54 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:I was interested in DSaifiti until I had a look at the stats. Already played a lot of minutes (averaging 42.5) and I don't see how much that can really increase. Here is the long list of props that averaged above 50 minutes a game. James Graham, Aiden Tolman, Ryan James, Jesse Bromwich, Josh McGuire, Aaron Woods, Dylan Napa, Andrew Fifita, David Klemmer, Adam Blair, Ben Matulino. With Tolman being an outlier due to the Bulldogs forward pack, all these players are rep props or fringe rep props. I don't think Saifiti is ready to jump into this tier in his second year

This is a great post. FRF is the hardest to make money as a result of young props being managed. I don't see him averaging more than 45 minutes, and with Buhrer at the club now taking 80 minutes surely the four props rotate 35-45 mins each. I still think the Broncos offer some value between Ofa or TPJ, and Ofa scores well if given the minutes.

Gurgess is a wait and see and will still be managed I'm thinking (could get less than 40 minutes and struggle to make any meaningful cash). They have Rochow, Turgess, Clark, Musgrove etc and even Surgess if Farah goes to lock when Cook comes on.

Was gutted that Taga was injured because I wanted to see his impact on Prior before running with him.

DSaifiti finished the year strong and can break tackles which he could do against a depleted Warriors pack first round and Gold Coast pack second round, but then the Rabbitohs, Penrith then Cronulla should be hard games.

I was hot on Vaughan but thinking with Sims, LAM, Packer and JDB in the middle he isn't really the top middle player. Might just be another year of 40 average but he can drag a try (normally from the bench) but starting might lessen his attacking stats.

Then there is Wallace if named at lock I might go for as he will need to tackle all day and they are injury depleted at the moment. What will he score if he gets 50 mins, still probably struggle to get 40 points is my guess because I don't see many attacking stats in him.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:03 am

In those minute averages Saifiti was getting a fair few 30 minutes stints at the start of the season plus Snowden was there at the season start so I'm guessing they didn't plan on giving Saifiti the minutes they ended up having too so early! They also had Mataora who started the season strong, this year he is the sure fire no.1 prop with little behind him so may be forced to play big minutes. It's not just the minutes his avg after mid season until seasons end was 41, that's 5 above his price and his last 5 avg was 45.

Last edited by Welshy on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:10 am

Sashamaloo wrote:English super league - Greg bird 10 in the bin........ hahahaha
    Then he makes the try 1 minute into second half! Awful tackling
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:17 am

Welshy wrote:In those minute averages Saifiti was getting a fair few 30 minutes stints at the start of the season plus Snowden was there at the season start so I'm guessing they didn't plan on giving Saifiti the minutes they ended up having too so early! They also had Mataora who started the season strong, this year he is the sure fire no.1 prop with little behind him so may be forced to play big minutes

I think he is worth the gamble especially up against the Warriors and Titans in week 1 and 2 to start the year. From round 22 last year it appears as though he overtook Sam Mataora as the number 1 prop.

D Saifiti AVG 45.8 in 49.4 minutes.
    S Mataora AVG 35.6 in 40 minutes.

Before that Saifiti played round 1 and 2, then from round 6 onwards and only missed round 20. Will be great value if he can hit a 45 average and then upgrade him to J Graham/Gallen for origin.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:23 am

Warriors wrote:

I think he is worth the gamble especially up against the Warriors and Titans in week 1 and 2 to start the year. From round 22 last year it appears as though he overtook Sam Mataora as the number 1 prop.

D Saifiti    AVG 45.8 in 49.4 minutes.
    S Mataora AVG 35.6 in 40 minutes.

Before that Saifiti played round 1 and 2, then from round 6 onwards and only missed round 20. Will be great value if he can hit a 45 average and then upgrade him to J Graham/Gallen for origin.
    Edited my post as well to add it wasn't just about his potential minutes increase its was his scoring average at 41 after mid season and a last game avg of 45! Thats more than enough for me to give him a go mate! As you say nice trade up for origin if he works out. what I also like with Saifiti was his ability to score big without a try, scored a few 50s with no meat pie
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:37 am

@Ben Hunt's Butterfingers Please check your PM's and ensure you join all 3 leagues.

Also anyone waiting for league codes, or those who have registered and not joined all 3 leagues check your personal messages. If you are missing your codes send me a personal message.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:58 am