NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Random's man crush in hot water

Krump
    Krump

Random's man crush in hot water - Page 3 Empty Re: Random's man crush in hot water

Post by Krump Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:17 am

Pieman wrote:if he did it on a friends account, surely its the friend that is snitching?
    There are plenty of ways to get sprung without anyone snitching. My guess is an account audit by a bookmaker or it's been found as a result of another investigation.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Random's man crush in hot water - Page 3 Empty Re: Random's man crush in hot water

Post by Pieman Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:02 am

ah yeah fair enough.
    Just some regular odd bets would flag something really.
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:31 pm

FebruaryChamp wrote:I wish I had photoshop skills so I could put Simona's head on Sandler's body in The Longest Yard poster.

Here is something to wet your appetite but I must stress this is for a laugh only and in no way implements any other player or official other then Simona himself

Random's man crush in hot water - Page 3 The_lo10
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:34 pm

One of the things I hate about all this - is the NRL uses sportsbet as a sponsor, it gets thrashed every game, they literally talk about the odds on the telecast - but as soon as a player gambles on a game (I know, match fixing is fucked) ban them for life.

I want all gambling site promotion to be banned when it involves sporting telecasts. I hate it hey.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:54 pm

Pieman wrote:One of the things I hate about all this - is the NRL uses sportsbet as a sponsor, it gets thrashed every game, they literally talk about the odds on the telecast - but as soon as a player gambles on a game (I know, match fixing is fucked) ban them for life.

I want all gambling site promotion to be banned when it involves sporting telecasts. I hate it hey.

Yep exactly. It's like old mate reserve keeper in the FA Cup against Arsenal. He hears about bets on him eating a pie during the match, which lets face it, is the betting company straight out making fun of the guy's weight and as a joke with his mates actually eats one when it is impossible for him to play the game, and as a result said bookies lose money, and in all of that he's made out to be the bad guy who gets the sack from the semi-professional club where he actually sleeps 3 nights a week to help keep the ground maintained????

No mention that maybe the giant establishment that was actually bullying the bloke by advertising that he "is so fat he'll probably eat a pie during a game", and actually taking ridiculous bets like this is the biggest reason why this has become a problem in the first place. You lie down with dogs, you get fleas.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Similar thing happened with Laurie Oakes on election night. One bookie was taking bets on what colour tie he would wear. So he changed ties about 5 times during the coverage.

If a bookie wants to offer bets on stuff that can be so easily manipulated without consequence then there can be no grounds for complaint.

Its not like eating a pie or changing a tie could change the outcome of the match/election.

Also spot fixing in cricket, like betting on whether the next ball will be a no-ball. i can not see what possible sure there is for such a thing other than corruption (or maybe just taking advantage of gambling addicts)

The NRL has made its bed though. They are so entwined in the gambling industry they have zero reasonable grounds for complaint if its players like a gamble. the NRL would not exist without gambling money so they can't really have a crack down. Their only strategy is to lay low and hope noone gets caught doing anything silly.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Its terrible. There are so many players with gambling and drinking problems, yet alcohol and gambling are the biggest money makers for the game.
    Its fucking disgusting.

Also, you can bet on WWE matches.
    So if you want to know who is going to win wrestlemania a few weeks out from it happening, you can just check the sportsbet odds.

Yes, you can bet on fake, scripted, predetermined WWE matches.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:07 pm

Pieman wrote:Its terrible. There are so many players with gambling and drinking problems, yet alcohol and gambling are the biggest money makers for the game.
    Its fucking disgusting.

Also, you can bet on WWE matches.
    So if you want to know who is going to win wrestlemania a few weeks out from it happening, you can just check the sportsbet odds.

Yes, you can bet on fake, scripted, predetermined WWE matches.

Seriously? Wrestling you can bet on?

I have a William hill account never more than $40 in there I normally make a few bets on the tennis and NRL but not often I hate it too much when I lose a bet to put anything serious on it but i'm sick to death of the advertising also my Grandfather hates seeing who is the favourite before the game. He feels it spoils the game as its kinda like he was shown who would win before kick off
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:06 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

Seriously? Wrestling you can bet on?

I have a William hill account never more than $40 in there I normally make a few bets on the tennis and NRL but not often I hate it too much when I lose a bet to put anything serious on it but i'm sick to death of the advertising also my Grandfather hates seeing who is the favourite before the game. He feels it spoils the game as its kinda like he was shown who would win before kick off

Yep, Brock Lesner is paying 1.10 to win the title at wrestlemania - which is amazing, considering he is fighting Goldberg at wrestlemania - who isnt even the champion... What that means is they know Goldberg is going to win the title at what ever the next pay per view (which happens in a few weeks) and then go into wrestlemania as champion, then he loses to Lesner. Amazing that they literally know the results yet can still offer markets for it. Its fucking mental.

I hate the advertising of gambling, its fucking disgusting and should be banned, but the gov takes its percentage of it so they wont ever stop it.
    The favs would win half the time I reckon, thats why its so fucking hard to tip a full round or to pick a multi.
    FebruaryChamp

Post by FebruaryChamp Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:38 am

I miss Tom Waterhouse.

Remember when after Friday night games Ray Warren would give his opinion on the Saturday races?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 am

#blinkyforeverinourhearts
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:22 am

FebruaryChamp wrote:I miss Tom Waterhouse.

Remember when after Friday night games Ray Warren would give his opinion on the Saturday races?

remember when Tom Waterhouse use to give his opinion on who would win NRL games before and at half time?

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:59 pm

Pieman wrote:

remember when Tom Waterhouse use to give his opinion on who would win NRL games before and at half time?

Used to piss me off how many times he blinked

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Those days remind of the TV show Adventures of Blinky Bill. The old wombat is Gus Gould.

Random's man crush in hot water - Page 3 Blinky_bill-10
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:46 am

Pieman wrote:One of the things I hate about all this - is the NRL uses sportsbet as a sponsor, it gets thrashed every game, they literally talk about the odds on the telecast - but as soon as a player gambles on a game (I know, match fixing is fucked) ban them for life.

I once had a bet with a mate on two drops of water sliding down a wall which shows my feelings towards the punt but I can't disagree. They were smart enough to ban smoking ads years ago and I'd argue that gambling does just as much if not more damage to society as a whole. I'd also love to see poker machines banned outright but that'll never happen.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:17 am

Pieman wrote:Its terrible. There are so many players with gambling and drinking problems, yet alcohol and gambling are the biggest money makers for the game.
    Its fucking disgusting.

How many of them have exceeded their data cap or not understood the data cap on international roaming and had massive phone bills ?

What affiliation does gambling have with the NRL ? Individual teams yes, the game - no. Anyone can buy airtime during a telecast and there is nothing the game can do about it.

I would argue Holden pay more for SOO rights than VB does to be Blues sponsor and Telstra would pay more for naming rights than William Hill does to be a couple of sleeve sponsors.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:01 am

Back on topic.

Wests Tigers centre Tim Simona was interviewed by the NRL late last season over allegations made by a former partner on social media but the game’s integrity unit dropped off the investigation when the person making the claims recanted their story.

In the latest development relating to the Tigers centre, The Australian can reveal the 25-year-old has been on the NRL’s radar for several months after allegations were first raised last year, including claims of gambling on matches.

Simona was subsequently interviewed by the integrity unit, where he denied the allegations. The person making the claims also reneged after they, too, were interviewed by the NRL, leaving the game’s governing body with little choice but to maintain a watching brief on the situation.

However, the allegations ­re-emerged in recent weeks and ­Simona now finds himself fighting to save his career amid claims he used an associate’s account to back opposition players to score tries against him in matches last season.

Simona is yet to speak publicly on the issue, although he may be in a better position to confront the allegations after receiving a full brief from the integrity unit yesterday. The Samoan international now has five business days to respond to the claims, meaning the deadline for his response will be only hours before the club open their season against South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Friday night.

Simona is highly unlikely to play in that game even if he manages to clear his name, although taking to the football field is probably the last thing on his mind at the moment given the fight he is facing to save his career.

The club was in the throes of offloading him to alleviate salary cap pressure, but those talks have now been put on hold given he is facing a life ban from the sport if the latest allegations prove correct. The club has been forced to seek special dispensation from the NRL given the salary cap pressure they were facing threatened to stop them playing either Jamal Idris or Elijah Taylor against the Rabbitohs next week.

As it is, the NRL has given the club an exemption to make their entire squad available, although they have reserved the right to review the club’s cap position once the Simona situation has been resolved.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:29 pm

The NRL has strengthened its regulations on betting, forcing bookmakers to be in an agreement with the league and banning most exotic options.

As part of a bid to eliminate the possible manipulation of results, the league emailed bookmakers in December to put stringent new rules in place.

Included was the scrapping of a number of novelty options, including head-to-head player bets, most runs, most metres and most tackles, a NRL spokesman confirmed to AAP.

Betting on the number of 40-20s kicked in matches has also been outlawed, along with wagers placed on under-20s matches and the team-to-trail option.

Bookmakers will also need to enter into an arrangement with the NRL before they are allowed to offer any options on matches.

Read more at http://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/02/28/19/54/nrl-bans-exotic-betting-options#wD157RdwUBBudWUW.99
    Stufishing
    Stufishing

Post by Stufishing Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:59 pm

good. I always thought things like first 40-20 exotics were ripe to be exploited, at the detriment of the game
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Let me make one thing clear. I did not send any death threats.

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/news/breaking-news-on-tim-simona-concerning-death-threats/?station=centralwest

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am