NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Chucky
    Chucky

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by Chucky Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:Yeah PK is a stone cold motherfucker, knows about everything going down in the everywhere, and still has the grace not to make bullshit fluff stories. Having a journo on the show was a genius idea because all ex-players have the same boys-club mentality to protect each other and the brand (and that is fair enough on their part IMO), though Ben Ikin is better than most. Wonder why the Bronx fans don't like him? He is usually pretty unbias and unreserved in his opinions, and yet still sings praises about Wayne as a coach and the club as an establishment and business enterprise.
    You do realise that Bennett is his father in law?.
    Ikin is up there with Halligan and Brandy as the worst commentators in the NRL.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 49 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:21 pm

Ando wrote:Hi all,

Followed this for quite a bit now but decided to create an account so I can join the fantasy league but I may as well get involved posting too. From the UK but follow the NRL more than ESL. Finished 399 last year and that's with not playing the last 5/6 rounds after FanHub well and truly did me over!

Best of luck in the season all.

Scottish or Welsh ?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:23 pm

Chucky wrote:
    You do realise that Bennett is his father in law?.
    Ikin is up there with Halligan and Brandy as the worst commentators in the NRL.

yeah I get that about Ikin, hard to miss. I was talking about Kent.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Ando wrote:I don't really follow anyone, I'm half Aussie and my grandad is a big Rabbitohs fan so if I had to say anyone it would be them. I was rooting for Canberra in the finals last year though, love the way they play.

You all heard him say it! I am marking him cardinal and myrtle! Welcome to the forum Ando!
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix

Post by TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Ok..so this is version 30167 of my team. Happy with the forward pack but need a couple of things to come off for all of this to work :-(

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King
    J.Graham(V) D.Saifiti, J.Wallace (R), Gurgess (R)
    Surgess, J.McGuire, ET , KBrom (R). SMat (R), Stimson
    Norman, Lamb, Field, Fogerty
    J.Idris,B.Kelly,C.Scott, Olive
    Hayne,RTS,Slater ,Phythian,R.Jennings

I know there is a fair amount of risk around Slater not breaking and the possibility that Kelly,Scott and Olive don't make the field RD1 but I am not worrying to much about that it until TLT.

Storm pack is confusing the hell out of me. Who has the best shot out of Finucane / KBrom for the 13 jersey long term. Finucane named on the bench for this weeks trial match, is this due to injury ?

Also, is anyone backing Jordan McLean & or Felise Kaufusi to get extra minutes this year. Does Stimson have big wraps, he is in allot of teams I have seen posted on this board.

Thanks in advance guys..I believe its almost party time Cool
    Clack Bocks
    Clack Bocks

Post by Clack Bocks Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:49 pm

I think Stimson is there in spirit only and is interchangeable with any rookie priced 2nd rower.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 pm

TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix wrote:Ok..so this is version 30167 of my team. Happy with the forward pack but need a couple of things to come off for all of this to work :-(

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King

I know there is a fair amount of risk around Slater not breaking and the possibility that Kelly,Scott and Olive don't make the field RD1 but I am not worrying to much about that it until TLT.

Storm pack is confusing the hell out of me. Who has the best shot out of Finucane / KBrom for the 13 jersey long term. Finucane named on the bench for this weeks trial match, is this due to injury ?

Also, is anyone backing Jordan McLean & or Felise Kaufusi to get extra minutes this year. Does Stimson have big wraps, he is in allot of teams I have seen posted on this board.

Ok I will be gentle, I can count 8 players that I think may not even play round 1,
    That leaves 17 players only making points and money,
    It is not going to work dude try again.
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix

Post by TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Clack Bocks wrote:I think Stimson is there in spirit only and is interchangeable with any rookie priced 2nd rower.

Ah, yeah I guess there is that as well lol.
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix

Post by TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:01 pm

Sashamaloo wrote:

Ok I will be gentle, I can count 8 players that I think may not even play round 1,
    That leaves 17 players only making points and money,
    It is not going to work dude try again.

Lol, point taken. Back to the drawing board then.

Is anyone thinking that Taylor will be push his average closer to 45-50 this season ? Kind of surprised that his average wasn't higher than that. I thought he did most of the kicking last year ?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix wrote:

Lol, point taken. Back to the drawing board then.

Is anyone thinking that Taylor will be push his average closer to 45-50 this season ? Kind of surprised that his average wasn't higher than that. I thought he did most of the kicking last year ?

He didn't Roberts did, which is why I think he can really push on this year, Elgey is more of a running half and Taylor should also be goalkicking
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:05 pm

Damn all you people that are posting possible teams. It confuses me.
    I can't really consider half of my team until TLT.
    It's good to see opinions though. Will King really start for the Eels. He's been mentioned so much and might not even be there. Shocked
    Anyway, I have no money left and three 2nd row places to fill. What a Face What a Face
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:12 pm

TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix wrote:Ok..so this is version 30167 of my team. Happy with the forward pack but need a couple of things to come off for all of this to work :-(

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King

Finucane is coming back from injury. Think he's 100% going to be at 13 come Rnd1.

I'd be backing Kaufisi to get more minutes, whether it's starting or, if KBrom starts, off the bench. Think Bellamy really likes him though and wouldn't be surprised to see him in the 11 shirt, but that's just a hunch.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:24 pm

lol!

They say in life the 2 certainties are death and taxes.

When it comes to page 51, two things are certain in here: sets will be lurking, and Chewie won't be.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:25 pm

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King

I like all your picks individually, you just seemed to have crammed a player too many in there and you have absolutely no wiggleroom fielding every NPR as a nuffie. You really need to hit the jackpot to get 10/10 of those guys playing, and THEN Slater on the park. The team itself is solid, I think you will need to downgrade somebody so you can at least make some preparations for when the inevitable 9/10 nuffies get named. I was recently faced with a very similar situation involving almost the entirety of your forwards, and I chose to give ET the axe. I liked the ET pick, but I saw more value in every one of the others. So that is my two cents- downgrade ET to someone no worse than Aloiai (if he is named in the starting pack) and use the extra cash to spring for the cheapest NPRs who will actually end up playing like Talakai, Uate,  F.Winterstein, Hoare, Kaufusi (only TLT will verify, but its still fun to play! Wink )
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:39 pm

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King

Who's this King fella? Very Happy Very Happy
    Trap.
    Trade Rage Tragic
    Trade Rage Tragic

Post by Trade Rage Tragic Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:48 pm

First of all team is:

C.Smith(C) King

Your real problem is you're only halfheartedly following the one true path.

GUNS N ROOKIES 4 LYF

Try this:

Smith, King
    James, Fifita, Graham, Gurgess
    Surgess, Mannering, McGuire, Smat, Stimson, Capewell
    Elgey, Hingano, Fogerty, Field
    Idris, Scott, Olive, Kelly
    RTS, Hayne, Rennings, Phythian, Ponga
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:49 pm

Trade Rage Tragic wrote:

GUNS N ROOKIES 4 LYF

Try this:

Smith, King

Those halves make my eyes bleed
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:50 pm

I don't have to work tomorrow, I'm half cut, but I'm hanging in for 51. Talk shit people.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:52 pm

Trade Rage Tragic wrote:

GUNS N ROOKIES 4 LYF

Try this:

Smith, King

Pretty sure Craig Field is in Silverwater of being followed by the middle eastern crime squad. You might want to find another half.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:03 pm

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 5 - Page 49 57341663

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:48 am