NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Milchcow
    Milchcow

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:10 pm

People are confused about Woods

His attacking stats 2016 to 2015 were comparable.

He actually made more offloads and line break assists in 2016 compared to 2015.
    Less tackle breaks

But overall his attacking output (in terms of total fantasy points at least) was pretty similar

His average dropped by 3.2 points a game and that was almost entirely due to making 2.7 less tackles a game.

filthridden
    filthridden

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4 - Page 39 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 4

Post by filthridden Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    People are confused about Woods

His attacking stats 2016 to 2015 were comparable.

He actually made more offloads and line break assists in 2016 compared to 2015.
    Less tackle breaks

But overall his attacking output (in terms of total fantasy points at least) was pretty similar

His average dropped by 3.2 points a game and that was almost entirely due to making 2.7 less tackles a game.

Were his average minutes higher?

Higher minutes and lower points/tackles not a good sign...
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:20 pm

I keep coming back to Jordan Kahu as one of my CTR picks - i think that he should get Reed's centre spot (Benji notwithstanding) and if he's the permanent goal kicker should see a decent improvement in scores this year. Also thought his finishing in the 9's was pretty good.

Other one i'm looking at is Johnston at $258k.

Just think either of these guys are a better pick than Whare.

Thoughts?

Edit: Just realised Johnston is WFB - for some reason I thought he was DPP
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I keep coming back to Jordan Kahu as one of my CTR picks - i think that he should get Reed's centre spot (Benji notwithstanding)

if you're wondering, he will 100% be left centre in rnd 1.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:Which sites does everyone use for their pre season news?

I'm going across news, smh, fox sports and here. Any others that have a few fantasy or nrl stuff come out regularly?

pretty much exclusively use twitter. ie follow the sports news sites (eg fox news, fox nrl, courier mail, dt), and a lot of the local journos who race each other to be first with the 'scoop' on player/team news). sites like leagueunlimited.com etc have twitter accounts and they're always posting team lists, etc as they happen
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:39 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:I keep coming back to Jordan Kahu as one of my CTR picks - i think that he should get Reed's centre spot (Benji notwithstanding) and if he's the permanent goal kicker should see a decent improvement in scores this year. Also thought his finishing in the 9's was pretty good.

Other one i'm looking at is Johnston at $258k.

Just think either of these guys are a better pick than Whare.

Thoughts?

Edit: Just realised Johnston is WFB - for some reason I thought he was DPP

With the Broncos early draw I think you can afford to wait and see with Kahu. I looked at him as a bridge to a gun but then looked at the draw for the first month and thought if he makes cash he won't make much. Probably scores of 30 is all you will get early on. Guns and cows in the centres, there should be enough with Kelly, Curtis Scott, Idris and then you have SMat as well. If wanting a gun TTurbo (DPP) won't disappoint either.

Also read on Supercoach Talk that someone confirmed Smat and Buhrer to play 80 on the edge. Barnett to play 50-60 at lock with Yates a chance for bench lock. Then you have Levi/Randall sharing the hooker role, with two props on the bench.

Lock Sione Mata'utia into your sides guys, edge second rowers playing 80 are where the money is. Could gain close to 100K if he averages over 40.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm

my tv broke wrote:

pretty much exclusively use twitter. ie follow the sports news sites (eg fox news, fox nrl, courier mail, dt), and a lot of the local journos who race each other to be first with the 'scoop' on player/team news). sites like leagueunlimited.com etc have twitter accounts and they're always posting team lists, etc as they happen

Awesome mate done all that now thanks.

If anyone knows a few local journos let me know? I'll make sure to add em on if I notice their rumours around here haha.

3 weeks to go till teams are out can't wait!
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

I decided to focus in on investing the max amount of coin $$$ into my starting 17... I just want to have a decent score in my first couple rounds. so I'm leaving players like King, AFB, Matagi, Kbrom, Arrow, Hess, and Moses out of my team for now having a conservative start without too much risk.
    Once the cows reveal themselves, I can downgrade some of my "safer" more expensive options to pick them up. #Wookieestrategy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:24 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:
    If anyone knows a few local journos let me know? I'll make sure to add em on if I notice their rumours around here haha.

some i follow are:

Chris Garry (generally bronx related news)
    Pete Badel (as above)
    Michael Carayannis (sydney)
    josh massoud (sydney, likes a "headline" though)
    Adrian Proszenko (sydney)
    James Hooper (sydney, hate the bloke but he often has good info/late mail)
    Barry Toohey (knights)
    Tony Webeck (usually titans)
    brent read (sydney)
    Tim Gavel (generally raiders)

you can always follow the Mole (tony adams) if you want an old bloke throwing darts.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:29 pm

Chewie wrote:I decided to focus in on investing the max amount of coin $$$ into my starting 17... I just want to have a decent score in my first couple rounds. so I'm leaving players like King, AFB, Matagi, Kbrom, Arrow, Hess, and Moses out of my team for now having a conservative start without too much risk.
    Once the cows reveal themselves, I can downgrade some of my "safer" more expensive options to pick them up. #Wookieestrategy

Only interested in a couple of these players. AFB and Hess. The rest are too unknown or risky for me with not enough reward to gain from. I'm willing to take the risk on AFB and Hess because they are proven scorers when getting 40 minutes plus. They are also in positions where there are three other players (prop) and five other players (second row). I couldn't risk running with King. Reasons are:
    1) If Smith misses a game I don't want to have to play King, nor would I want to trade Smith out.
    2) it could take a third/half season for him to gain any real cash in order to upgrade him
    3) he could score less than 30 (he misses a lot of tackles), he could get injured and who do you trade him to etc or he could just be rotated with IDG because of fatigue due to not being up to playing 80 minutes.

Matagi has only ever averaged 21/22 points from around 30 odd minutes. If playing 40 mins he might push that to 26/27 points but why bother. Plenty of other props will improve by 5 points or so. You don't get points for running hard and looking scary (although you do if you break a tackle). Better off having Hoare/Perrett etc and bank the 50 odd K (but even then cheap props are very slow burners).

KBrom, it really would surprise me if he plays an edge role. Finucane has been injured pre-season and might be eased back in, so I see KBrom being used in the middle and Kaufusi/Stimson possibly sharing the role on the right edge. Only has 50K improvement at best in my eyes as he doesn't have the motor to play 50+ minutes. Not worth it.

Arrow will be useful at some stage but probably worth just keeping an eye on him to start with because he will be the one to benefit when the odd injury arises. Will be gold during origin if given the opportunity.

Moses - I get the hype and the no-Farah factor but can't see the Tigers and him going well in the first month with their draw. Happy to by-pass for now.

I think Hess is the major benefactor of Tamou/Hannant leaving the club. They will make sure he is on the field for around 50 minutes, and he will play 80 or close to if one of Cooper or Lowe get injured.

AFB should average 35 from around 40 minutes I expect, so should gain around 80K. Has the potential to score big by breaking tackles, is worth the risk for a player priced at a 27 average.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:35 pm

Warriors wrote:Only interested in a couple of these players. AFB and Hess. The rest are too unknown or risky for me with not enough reward to gain from.

pretty much agree with all comments in your post.

AFB worries me with Lawrence hanging around (and getting the 9s captaincy). it remains to be seen how much lawrence has worked his way back into barretts good books but he is certainly capable of playing the big minute role if he is asked to.

Hess is a bit of a worry but on his side is the cowboys stating they will be making sure he gets good minutes. He seems like a guy who will rack up points but looking at last years stats, in the last three rounds he played 51, 52, and 47 mins for scores of 31, 50 (with try), and 27. He's a star of a player though so you'd think he'd improve. As you said, if there was an injury to anyone in that pack then Hess would probably find a spot on the edge playing 80 mins

Can't see Arrow even being in the round 1 side. Kbrom will play the same role and score similar to last year. Matagi is the biggest trap in Fantasy. King too risky. Moses.. huge potential but I can't go down that route.

I've got a keen eye on Crichton (and Kyle Turner). I reckon Crichton will oust Turner at souths but it may not happen to start the year.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:43 pm

storm team for this weeks trial. kaufusi and bromwich edges. read into it what you will but stimson would appear down the pecking order. interesting that Young will start at FB..

1. Young Tonumaipea
    2. Suliasi Vunivalu
    3. Curtis Scott
    4. Cheyse Blair
    5. Josh Addo-Carr
    6. Cameron Munster
    7. Brodie Croft
    8. Christian Welch
    9. Slade Griffin
    10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
    11. Kenneath Bromwich ©
    12. Felise Kaufusi
    13. Vincent Leuluai
    14. Ryley Jacks
    15. Jeremy Hawkins
    16. Mark Nicholls
    17. Tui Kamikamica
    18. Dean Britt
    19. Joe Stimson
    20. Justin Olam
    21. Jake Turpin
    22. Scott Drinkwater
    23. Charlie Galo
    24. Dylan Kelly
    25. Jesse Arthars
    26. Linc Port
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Young T played fullback last year when both Slater and Munster were out.

So with Cronk also out and Munster in the halves it makes sense that Young would be fullback

Interesting question would be if Cronk made the team who would drop out - Croft or Young.
    I think Young dropping out and Munster to fullback would be preferred but you never know

Quite a weak forward pack so not sure how much can be read into it.
    pm888
    pm888

Post by pm888 Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Chewie wrote:I decided to focus in on investing the max amount of coin $$$ into my starting 17... I just want to have a decent score in my first couple rounds. so I'm leaving players like King, AFB, Matagi, Kbrom, Arrow, Hess, and Moses out of my team for now having a conservative start without too much risk.

how many 400K+ players have you got? (i've got 6, or 7 if you count ET at 399k) i think most teams will have a similar number.

im tempted to have hoare, and elgey as nprs depending on TLT, so in that way its a bit of a reverse strategy to you at the moment.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:38 pm

pm888 wrote:im tempted to have hoare, and elgey as nprs depending on TLT, so in that way its a bit of a reverse strategy to you at the moment.

i've got 6 over 400k (that includes Smith and counting ET).

its tough to fill four "reliable" reserves though. I don't want to be relying on Elgey. I'm currently relying on guys like AFB, Felise Kaufusi, and Hess/another mid 200's player.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Dogs Trial team
    Bulldogs Squad vs Penrith Panthers

William Hopoate
    Brett Morris
    Tyrone Phillips
    Kerrod Holland
    Marcelo Montoya
    Josh Reynolds
    Matt Frawley
    Aiden Tolman
    Michael Lichaa
    James Graham
    Josh Jackson
    Raymond Faitala-Mariner
    David Klemmer
    BENCH
    Sam Kasiano
    Danny Fualalo
    Francis Tualau
    Brad Abbey
    Craig Garvey
    Asipeli Fine
    Adam Keighran

Noteable absentees Josh Morris, Moses Mbye, Greg Eastwood, Brenko Lee, Adam Elliot, Richie Kennar
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm

So despite a few articles in pre-season talking up Zac Woolford, Garvey still preferred as backup hooker?

Or is Woolford currently injured or otherwise not available for selection
    Feline
    Feline

Post by Feline Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:

if you're wondering, he will 100% be left centre in rnd 1.

Despite starting centre and kicking, he has never been a particularly good fantasy scorer in the past and I would not expect him to improve significantly this year. I think Benji Marshall complicates the broncos backline as well. I am steering clear at this stage
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i've got 6 over 400k (that includes Smith and counting ET).

its tough to fill four "reliable" reserves though. I don't want to be relying on Elgey. I'm currently relying on guys like AFB, Felise Kaufusi, and Hess/another mid 200's player.

I've currently got 2x600+, 2x500+ and 2x400+ (including ET) - but running with Matagi, Kennedy, Lamb & Elgey as reserves (got 50k in the bank, so could turn one of Kennedy/Matagi into a mid 200k player if needed)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:05 pm

pm888 wrote:

how many 400K+ players have you got? (i've got 6, or 7 if you count ET at 399k) i think most teams will have a similar number.

im tempted to have hoare, and elgey as nprs depending on TLT, so in that way its a bit of a reverse strategy to you at the moment.

I've got Smith, McInnes, Graham, Surgess, Buhrer, Norman... that's 6

I kept the CTR and WFB positions pretty light, assuming that there will be a few bottom dollar cashcows there to give a bit of depth.

2RF and FRF cashcows are a bit of a wait and see, I'm not planning to take a punt on any mid-rangers in these positions except for SMat (dpp) and DSaifiti (a bit more expensive and easier to downgrade if a better option presents itself)

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:33 am