NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:24 pm

Shanbon wrote:I did tell you guys manly were trying to offload parcel. Not an off feild issue, just didn't play all that well yeah had great fantasy stats but not the impact they wanted.

But im surprised that Korisau has the impact they want in comparison
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1 - Page 9 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 1

Post by standard-issue Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 pm

Revraiser wrote:Ive got my screenshot ready to go to debut in the leagues bounce

You have never been in the Leagues Shocked

I now you missed a couple of years since I've been around but you were on Sportal for like 10 years!
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:13 am

Milchcow wrote:Manly also released Hugh Pratt, one of their lower grade hookers.

They either have a lot of faith in Koroisau, or have something else in the works. Reading the Manly forum, they are generally pissed off at losing Parcell, and Koroisai does not get much love as a hooker from Manly fans.

Lewis Brown can fill in at hooker, but Koroisau has played 80 minutes there plenty in the past. 

Fantasy wise though, he's still not that good an option. Averages mid to high 40s as 80 minute hooker. Priced at about 40. 
    If he could play 80 minutes at hooker but still do a chunk of kicking, then he might rise enough to be useful. 
    Going to be a little awkwardly priced if he becomes primary hooker. Some value, but maybe not enough to justify getting him in

I can see why they'd be peed off. Parcell seemed to have so much potential (real footy i mean) a lot of it obvious already. Must be something else going on, even if they love Korosuiou they seem to be thin on back up hookers unless the Parcell trade is related to some other potential signing maybe. Anyway a long time until round one....
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:27 am

Looking at the price estimates and the draw and the fact that cashies can't really be known until closer to the new season, and if indeed the price changes/cap mean we can't squeeze as many guns in, I'm thinking you have to have one of Smith or Fifita (unless he has an Oz day or similar Meltdown) for Captain. You're going to want both in your final team. If not are you going to miss too many points in the first few weeks? Who else would you choose? Discuss.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:45 am

Shanbon wrote:I did tell you guys manly were trying to offload parcel. Not an off feild issue, just didn't play all that well yeah had great fantasy stats but not the impact they wanted.

Are they hoping that Api or Brown will provide the impact they want. I thought Parcell was effective in attack while on the field.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:00 am

Looks like a great shout Shanbon but I disagree with how they are obviously viewing him if there are no hidden off field issues! He provided plenty every time I watched him play and always seemed to be a catalyst to any decent Manly attack! Maybe there is a deep lying injury issue that Manly aren't comfortable with
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:37 am

Josh Chudleigh did his ACL.

With Kostjaysn and Brandon Smith having left the club, leaves cowboys thin on hooking stocks.

Other than Ray Thompson, who else do they have?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:40 am

mulvy wrote:Looking at the price estimates and the draw and the fact that cashies can't really be known until closer to the new season, and if indeed the price changes/cap mean we can't squeeze as many guns in, I'm thinking you have to have one of Smith or Fifita (unless he has an Oz day or similar Meltdown) for Captain. You're going to want both in your final team. If not are you going to miss too many points in the first few weeks? Who else would you choose? Discuss.

Think I have locked Smith in regardless of price, seems to be on average 5-10 points better than the next best hooker and will be my captain most weeks. Tell me what other hookers you should have instead of him.

There is potential upside in McCullough, Peats, McInnes etc. but nothing is guaranteed but I expect to get a 60 average from Smith. I'm staying away from Fifita for now as I think there's better value elsewhere.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:43 am

Milchcow wrote:

With Kostjaysn and Brandon Smith having left the club,  leaves cowboys thin on hooking stocks.  

Other than Ray Thompson,  who else do they have?

Granville, but I assume you meant backup hooker?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:06 am

Melbourne prices up.

Slater gets an artificial boost to $212k, but they leave Jahrome Hughes at $359k.
    If they are going to make some players more expensive, they can at least drop the price of the ridiculous ones as compensation
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:09 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Melbourne prices up.

Slater gets an artificial boost to $212k, but they leave Jahrome Hughes at $359k.
    If they are going to make some players more expensive,  they can at least drop the price of the ridiculous ones as compensation
    Seems like they are just picking and choosing...I'm hoping Welch gets the starting backrow spot with Finucane and Harris, doubtful but I've always been a fan of his and goes well fantasy wise in short stints
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:12 am

So Slater is priced at $212,000, not the basement price $143,000 I was after. Makes it hard to take him over a rookie who could make just as much money. Thoughts?

The lack of dual position players is a concern so that will come into consideration when choosing between two similar players.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:29 am

Milchcow wrote:

With Kostjaysn and Brandon Smith having left the club,  leaves cowboys thin on hooking stocks.  

Other than Ray Thompson,  who else do they have?

Hampton and Thompson will battle it out for utility bench spot. Probably Hampton
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 am

Warriors wrote:

Think I have locked Smith in regardless of price, seems to be on average 5-10 points better than the next best hooker and will be my captain most weeks. Tell me what other hookers you should have instead of him.

There is potential upside in McCullough, Peats, McInnes etc. but nothing is guaranteed but I expect to get a 60 average from Smith. I'm staying away from Fifita for now as I think there's better value elsewhere.

Have to agree. People considering not having Smith, who will you captain?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:57 am

White Lightning wrote:The rumour was:
    Parcell to Leeds = confirmed
    Sege to Sharks = unconfirmed
    Beale to Manly = unconfirmed

If Beale goes that leaves a backline spot open at the Sharks. I was reading a Sharks forum & they mentioned Capewell as that man they would like to get the position. The reckon he could be an Oates type player & that he's played in the backs before I think. He looked pretty good coming off the bench in the games I saw.

Capewell would be a good buy at $143 if he gets that spot
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:00 am

Warriors wrote:

I also agree on having Smith... or maybe Segs as a dark horse scratch
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:37 am

Welshy wrote:
    Seems like they are just picking and choosing...I'm hoping Welch gets the starting backrow spot with Finucane and Harris, doubtful but I've always been a fan of his and goes well fantasy wise in short stints

Welch looks a good prospect allright but more of a middle forward. KBrom or NAS or someone I've never heard of to take Proctor's spot. Whoever it is, playing outside Cronk for a Bellamy team, is straight in my squad. I hope it's NAS...with his size and running and handling ability he could be a devastating edge forward.

Is it just me or are they being really tight on DPP this year, particularly FRF/2RF? The first week's run-on teams and resultant DPP additions are going to be really important in getting yourself a bit of flexibility.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:39 am

mulvy wrote:

Have to agree.  People considering not having Smith, who will you captain?

*If* I don't start with Smith then I'd captain Surgess until I get...Smith.
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:34 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Welch looks a good prospect allright but more of a middle forward. KBrom or NAS or someone I've never heard of to take Proctor's spot. Whoever it is, playing outside Cronk for a Bellamy team, is straight in my squad. I hope it's NAS...with his size and running and handling ability he could be a devastating edge forward.

Is it just me or are they being really tight on DPP this year, particularly FRF/2RF? The first week's run-on teams and resultant DPP additions are going to be really important in getting yourself a bit of flexibility.

Yeah, will really piss me off if Josh McGuire isn't named in the 13 in round 1 but then ends up there in round 2. Seems there will be more cheapie front rowers than 2nd rowers at this stage.

On Proctors replacement, front runners are Kbrom and Felise Kaufusi, but there is a young guy also in the mix also (forget his name). Finucane injured his knee apparently should be right for round 1 but wouldn't be surprised to see his minutes cut short a bit to start the season, which could bode well for Kbrom as well.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:08 pm

Warriors wrote:

Yeah, will really piss me off if Josh McGuire isn't named in the 13 in round 1 but then ends up there in round 2. Seems there will be more cheapie front rowers than 2nd rowers at this stage.

On Proctors replacement, front runners are Kbrom and Felise Kaufusi, but there is a young guy also in the mix also (forget his name). Finucane injured his knee apparently should be right for round 1 but wouldn't be surprised to see his minutes cut short a bit to start the season, which could bode well for Kbrom as well.

The young guy at the Storm is Joe Stimpson 2fr @ 134k. Stimpson could be a smokie. Surely Proctor's vacant spot goes to K-Brom though. Maybe Stimpson starts on the bench.
    Yeah I noticed that too re the DPP's. Many player's have lost their dpp status like Gallen & James. I bet JDB loses his as well. Also I think 2017 fantasy will be much harder with more diverse teams. With the high player prices (I think 7m cap) you just won't be able to stack your team with guns

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:07 pm