NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Rod Marsh steps down

Rod Marsh steps down Empty Rod Marsh steps down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:24 pm

So Rod has finally stepped down as Australian Selector. Too late in my opinion but hopfully now after the embarrassment of losing the last 5 tests in a row we can start picking people on form not family members.

Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for the Australian team and give up and comers a reason to want to play for Australia
    Dip

Rod Marsh steps down Empty Re: Rod Marsh steps down

Post by Dip Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:12 am

You might be right about some of your post, but given Shaun and Mitchell Marsh are in no way related to Rod Marsh you're not right about the family comment.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Rod Marsh steps down Empty Re: Rod Marsh steps down

Post by No Worries Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:35 am

Listening to Ian Chappell make a lot of sense about picking the new guy and taking a chance like we did on Michael Clarke, Slater, McGrath all with only a handful of first class games under their belt instead of the old debutant . Made me think of Trevor Hohns and thats all he had to do during the glory days because you picked a team and unless someone was shot by a sniper it didn't change for 5 years and then you brought in the old debutant who had been hitting 1000 runs a year in Sheffield Shield for the last 3 years.. He's still employing the same policy even though the old guys aren't hitting 1000 runs and the team is constantly changing. Marsh may have been the chairman and had final sign off, but it's Hohns that has to go.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 am