NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 32 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by No Worries Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:24 am

Didn't know you could still get into the sportal forum
    Krump
    Krump

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 32 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by Krump Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:35 am

Your Name wrote:Didn't know you could still get into the sportal forum
    I had the forums bookmarked so I could skip  the main page and it still works
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:19 am

I read a rumour on sc addicts last night that GI & Roberts will be playing for the Broncos in 2016. Most doubted this on the forum as this would raise salary cap issues.
    Another rumour which sounds more feasible was that Roberts would be playing f/b for the bunnies (he's stated that's where he wants to play) & that GI would go to the Broncos in 2016. What's his name would shift to the wing.

As I said they are just rumours.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:58 am

White Lightning wrote:I read a rumour on sc addicts last night that GI & Roberts will be playing for the Broncos in 2016. Most doubted this on the forum as this would raise salary cap issues.
    Another rumour which sounds more feasible was that Roberts would be playing f/b for the bunnies (he's stated that's where he wants to play) & that GI would go to the Broncos in 2016. What's his name would shift to the wing.

As I said they are just rumours.

GI to the Broncos this late in the year would be insane. I highly doubt the Bunnies will let him go.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:

GI to the Broncos this late in the year would be insane. I highly doubt the Bunnies will let him go.

Apparently his family is up there & he wants to move closer to them but I do agree with you. Also Sammy's return has not been fully accepted by some of the players as reinforced by A-Rey asking for a release & maybe GI's sale would help ease the salary cap issues.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:59 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

Apparently his family is up there & he wants to move closer to them but I do agree with you. Also Sammy's return has not been fully accepted by some of the players as reinforced by A-Rey asking for a release & maybe GI's sale would help ease the salary cap issues.

I read that too, but if Reynolds got a release where would he even end up?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:06 pm

I could MAYBE accept Brisbane having money for Roberts but how the fuck would they afford GI?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:49 pm

White Lightning wrote:

That's all been denied, he came out and said he didn't ask for a release. Whether or not that's true or not but I'm more willing to accept his word over that of a league journo.

@krump they work under a separate salary cap to the rest of the NRL. They cut a whole bunch of nobodies to free up the space. The money that was aside from Teo. Bennett is filtering his under the table payments down to the players pick your favourite Smile
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Broncos have been cheating the salary cap for years.
    Lockyer was on millions!
    bluetige
    bluetige

Post by bluetige Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:22 pm

Hi all, just read 42 pages of catch up and its good to see the familiar faces back, although there are some alts I can't work out yet. I assume Bren is KFP and Big Diesel is Hench's 100th alt?

I gave up on sportal last year as I could not post anything, so I'm glad we have moved to another thread and in my opinion should steer well away from including "sportal" in our name, regular posters are finding this new forum alright anyway. As for a name, why not something simple like "Fantasiatics"

On the Roberts debate. I fail to see how the Broncs can legitimately afford him under the same salary cap as most other teams have without releasing players. Remember Bennett had to convince Hodges to retire so they could afford to re-sign Kahu, Thaiday and Glenn
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:49 pm

bluetige wrote:Hi all, just read 42 pages of catch up and its good to see the familiar faces back, although there are some alts I can't work out yet. I assume Bren is KFP and Big Diesel is Hench's 100th alt?

I gave up on sportal last year as I could not post anything, so I'm glad we have moved to another thread and in my opinion should steer well away from including "sportal" in our name, regular posters are finding this new forum alright anyway. As for a name, why not something simple like "Fantasiatics"

On the Roberts debate. I fail to see how the Broncs can legitimately afford him under the same salary cap as most other teams have without releasing players. Remember Bennett had to convince Hodges to retire so they could afford to re-sign Kahu, Thaiday and Glenn

Good to see you mate, and you are 100% correct on the alts so far, any other alts confuse you yet?

Also when was this stated...

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:55 pm

Random wrote:

Good to see you mate, and you are 100% correct on the alts so far, any other alts confuse you yet?

Also when was this stated...

I am not an alt. This is my only account on this forum. Remember my promise to you?

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Also great to see yet another familiar name sign up. Welcome Bluetige, you are correct I was that KFP wanker on Sportal however as times go on people change. Now I only BBQ in my alone time
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:59 pm

Bren wrote:
    I am not an alt. This is my only account on this forum. Remember my promise to you?

Oh no, I mean just in regards to different names here. I just used alt because it is under a different name is all.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:01 pm

bluetige wrote:

If people were able to cast their minds back to the start of 2015, the Broncos apparently had one of the worst rosters in the comp and were in most people's minds only half a chance at making the finals.....and that was primarily based on having Bennett at the helm.

Now all of a sudden the nobodies that looked rubbish on paper and would have been priced/paid accordingly, are GFinalists and the Broncos are undoubtedly cheating the cap.....

Anyway not too concerned, as the average punter has been lacking memory and thinking like this for years and there is never any actual basis to it.

As for Hodges, pretty sure his feeble old frame had more of an input into his retirement than any convincing so that the Broncos could fit other players in their cap.

Realistically, fans of other clubs need to suck it up and accept that despite having a young roster that has now obtained a massive amount of experience (including GF experience), through shrewd off field management, we still have a war chest available and can/will poach good players that will fit within our plans.

Let the dynasty begin!

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:06 pm

Random wrote:

Oh no, I mean just in regards to different names here. I just used alt because it is under a different name is all.
    I might have my name changed to Blinky Bill.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

If people were able to cast their minds back to the start of 2015, the Broncos apparently had one of the worst rosters in the comp and were in most people's minds only half a chance at making the finals.....and that was primarily based on having Bennett at the helm.

Now all of a sudden the nobodies that looked rubbish on paper and would have been priced/paid accordingly, are GFinalists and the Broncos are undoubtedly cheating the cap.....

Anyway not too concerned, as the average punter has been lacking memory and thinking like this for years and there is never any actual basis to it.

As for Hodges, pretty sure his feeble old frame had more of an input into his retirement than any convincing so that the Broncos could fit other players in their cap.

Realistically, fans of other clubs need to suck it up and accept that despite having a young roster that has now obtained a massive amount of experience (including GF experience), through shrewd off field management, we still have a war chest available and can/will poach good players that will fit within our plans.

Let the dynasty begin!

Don't you think it was a little dodgy Bennett had been given 6 figure payments under the table?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:12 pm

bluetige wrote:Hi all, just read 42 pages of catch up and its good to see the familiar faces back, although there are some alts I can't work out yet. I assume Bren is KFP and Big Diesel is Hench's 100th alt?

Hey mate, good to see you Very Happy . Just in regards the Sportal bit, we have been talking about using it for this coming season and this coming season only. You're right, lots of posters finding us, but as of last week Sportal changed hands and so unless you bookmarked the Sportal threads or search them then they are kind of lost now, so not as many old posters may find us now.

The only reason we are using 'ex-Sportal' in the name next year is to make sure those who haven't found us get the opportunity to. Certainly no homage or mark of respect to Sportal, just want to give everyone a chance to get across to here. After that, we will drop Sportal out of the name.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Don't you think it was a little dodgy Bennett had been given 6 figure payments under the table at the Knights
    Fixed.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:26 pm

Bren wrote:
    Fixed.

Wouldn't surprise me mate - wouldnt go to the players though, they were rubbish

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:17 pm