NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by No Worries Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:06 am

Bren wrote:
    Those figures wont mean much when Fantasy actually opens for the year...

Exactly !!! Does anyone know how to contact No Worries? this place sorely misses his wit, knowledge and experience.

Bren if the mods can't keep up now, what hope do we have when fantasy actually opens ?

Probably a pretty good one now that Sportal doesn't exist and nobody will find this place.

Mods will need to create teams early (maybe one of us in each and then worry about filling them) and hope people search to find them and then come across ??

(actually sounds like something intelligent No Worries would say)
    No Worries
    No Worries

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 29 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread

Post by No Worries Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:07 am

Welshy87 wrote:

Lafai almost a lock already for me, unless 2 Soliolas' come along...

Whitehead also a lock if he comes in anywhere near the $250,000 range

You think he will bust out the same sort of scores at Penrith ?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:27 am

If you are talking about Lafai he won't be going to Penrith. More likely it will be the eels/rabbits/dragons/titans in that order I reckon.
    Wish the warriors would get rid of Hurrell and make a play for Lafai
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:15 am

Your Name wrote:
    Bren wrote:
    Those figures wont mean much when Fantasy actually opens for the year...

Exactly !!! Does anyone know how to contact No Worries? this place sorely misses his wit, knowledge and experience.

Bren if the mods can't keep up now, what hope do we have when fantasy actually opens ?

Probably a pretty good one now that Sportal doesn't exist and nobody will find this place.

Mods will need to create teams early (maybe one of us in each and then worry about filling them) and hope people search to find them and then come across ??

There was only a couple of mods actively involved in the Fantasy thread at Sportal and they well and truly kept up.  

The traffic here is very encouraging as it is more than there ever was in the off season in the actual Fantasy thread at Sportal.  Pretty confident we will be busting out 200 pages a week early on again  Very Happy

I take it you mean to create Leagues as soon as the comp opens to allow them to be found?  Great idea, certainly didn't cross my mind personally.  Will pay to set 1 up straight away with the Fanatics name and ex-Sportal in the title and then do a search to see if it is picked up.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:50 am

Your Name wrote:

I along with SI will create all registration threads / leagues etc when Fantasy opens. In the meantime you can play around with some numbers from last years prices mmmkay.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:53 am

SI wrote:
    There was only a couple of mods actively involved in the Fantasy thread at Sportal and they well and truly kept up.  

The traffic here is very encouraging as it is more than there ever was in the off season in the actual Fantasy thread at Sportal.  Pretty confident we will be busting out 200 pages a week early on again  Very Happy

I take it you mean to create Leagues as soon as the comp opens to allow them to be found?  Great idea, certainly didn't cross my mind personally.  Will pay to set 1 up straight away with the Fanatics name and ex-Sportal in the title and then do a search to see if it is picked up.
    Oh really? My plan was to create all threads on the opening day. I asked you for the final rankings from last year last week so i could get a good idea of who would be in what league for next year.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:05 am

Warriors wrote:If you are talking about Lafai he won't be going to Penrith. More likely it will be the eels/rabbits/dragons/titans in that order I reckon.
    Wish the warriors would get rid of Hurrell and make a play for Lafai

Hasn't Lafai just signed for the Dragons.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:18 am

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:

Oh really? My plan was to create all threads on the opening day. I asked you for the final rankings from last year last week so i could get a good idea of who would be in what league for next year.
    Threads or Leagues?

And yeah, fuck sake, you did too.  Welshy asked me for the VSDT rankings the other night as well.  Will have a look see when I get home mate.  Sorry.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 am

Welshy87 wrote:If any of the aging fantasy superstars has a down year, who does everyone think it is? I'm talking at least a 10 point drop in avg. scoring
    last year it would of obviously been Farah.

Gallen
    Parker
    Smith
    Thurston

Of those 4 I will say Gallen.

Parker has changed his game slightly in the last few years so that he isn't purely a 50+ tackle machine. Broncos will keep similar playing style so expect more of the same.

If Smith was going to suffer he would have by now. Knows how to play to keep his body right and should put out similar stats to his last few years.

No reason for JT to decline. He hasn't really shown a decrease in performance and with Morgan and Coote taking on a more hands on role this year he has been able to float in and out and not feel like he needs to touch the ball 4 times per set. Of the 4 JT would also be the one who could even improve this year although he will probably drop after one of his best years but not to the point that it would seem a bad choice to pick him.

Gallen is getting on in age and has had a lot of injury in the past few years. Fantasy wise his game is built on phenomenal workhorse stats and hard to see him keep it up. I would expect Wade Graham (will look at him to start the season with) to take on more duties too so I would expect a few more 55-70 minute games for Gal than usual. The only way he keeps up his stats is if he doesn't play week in week out and therefore wouldn't be worth starting with. If he plays Origin next year I wouldn't look at Gal till round 20
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:41 am

SI wrote:

I thought the system worked well last year, You create the thread, Milch does his thing, KFP does his and then I stickied it - I don't think there was ever a period that didn't work?

I for one am glad No Worries isn't around, thought he was a bit of a tosser.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy pre-thread - Page 29 Fishing-sunset-hd-wallpaper
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:52 am

Honeysett wrote:

I thought the system worked well last year, You create the thread, Milch does his thing, KFP does his and then I stickied it - I don't think there was ever a period that didn't work?

Dear Honeysett,
    Please bring back the other fishing pick.
    Sincerely
    Everyone
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:56 am

Krump wrote:
    Dear Honeysett,
    Please bring back the other fishing pick.
    Sincerely
    Everyone

I'm on my work laptop haha. Believe me the thought was there haha.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:57 am

Honeysett wrote:
    SI wrote:

Clockwork.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:35 pm

SI wrote:
    Threads or Leagues?

And yeah, fuck sake, you did too.  Welshy asked me for the VSDT rankings the other night as well.  Will have a look see when I get home mate.  Sorry.

Was thinking to start up the rego thread on the opening day. Create an overall League/s on the opening day as well however leave the H2H leagues until we can get a rough idea of numbers. All good re 2014 rankings, I figured you were busy anyway.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:
    Threads or Leagues?

Was thinking to start up the rego thread on the opening day. Create an overall League/s on the opening day as well however leave the H2H leagues until we can get a rough idea of numbers. All good re 2014 rankings, I figured you were busy anyway.
    Sounds like a plan mate.  

The registration will be more straight forward than normal with complete records of both comps rankings.

I don't play SC but might be worth starting a thread for that as well.  I will look at starting the VSDT thread soon and pin the rankings doc. The Fantasy rankings are a bit more difficult as I don't have the overall rank, just the total points and where we all finished comparatively in the SUG (it will determine League allocation just as accurately as if we had everyone's actual final Overall).

I wonder if Phnom Penh Poets will have a 3rd crack at not playing out a season  Evil or Very Mad

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:17 pm

SI wrote:
    Sounds like a plan mate.  

The registration will be more straight forward than normal with complete records of both comps rankings.

I don't play SC but might be worth starting a thread for that as well.  I will look at starting the VSDT thread soon and pin the rankings doc. The Fantasy rankings are a bit more difficult as I don't have the overall rank, just the total points and where we all finished comparatively in the SUG (it will determine League allocation just as accurately as if we had everyone's actual final Overall).

I wonder if Phnom Penh Poets will have a 3rd crack at not playing out a season  Evil or Very Mad

If it makes it any easier feel free to copy paste it into an email and flick it to me. I can work out the rankings from that and set it up. (Not the thread just the list of rankings / draft leagues from that list.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:41 pm

So after skim reading the mod Circle Jerk above.
    I take it I'm the goto guy for the nuffie/newbie league team ?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:14 pm

So it seems that Surgess' return has not been so popular with some players. Players sold off to meet the salary cap. A-Rey asking for a release but the club refusing. I read somewhere that there are rumours that J. Roberts will go to Souths with GI to Brisbane.
    On McQueen do we think he'll be an 80 min 2nd row option at the Titans. Don't know the prices but he'd be pretty cheap wouldn't he.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:36 pm

Anyone care to take a guess what the Bunnies forward pack will be?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:04 pm

With Lowe/McQueen/Glewart gone potentially a nice little earner rookie waiting in the wings?

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 pm