NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NFL Fantasy II

Mearcats
    Mearcats

NFL Fantasy II - Page 14 Empty Re: NFL Fantasy II

Post by Mearcats Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Howdy gents, sorry it's been a bit, had a bit going on over the past week and a few internet dramas when I first got over here to China. Seems to be sorted now though. Can only get access to my team when my VPN is working (sporadically at best) so have added @Revraiser as a second owner of my team for the time being.

That way when it all falls on it's face I can blame him! #damagealreadydone

@jelejesof, dunno if you came up with anything mate but by all means I'm still open to discussions and ideas.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:10 pm

No one seen @Krump around hey? I'm playing him this week and he's got Coby Fleener and Allen Robinson starting (who are on byes) along with Carson Palmer out who was injured.

We haven't lost the bloke already have we?
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Mearcats wrote:No one seen @Krump around hey? I'm playing him this week and he's got Coby Fleener and Allen Robinson starting (who are on byes) along with Carson Palmer out who was injured.

We haven't lost the bloke already have we?

yep, he updated his team against me very late last week, but after I got him by three points thanks to Antonio's slow second half - so maybe we have lost him.

Fishing
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:55 pm

Yep, certainly hasn't updated vs me... Hope the lad is ok. Would be good to have him back and playing for the sake of keeping the league competitive tho.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:34 pm

I'm lead to believe it's @Welshy 's birthday tomorrow...

I'd get you a sheep but they don't seem to be in abundance over here in China!  Razz

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 am

Looks like i have a vested interest in the Panthers being horrible this week, especially the passing attack, playing against Benjamin, Olsen & Gano in the Sportal league, and Anderson, Benjamin, Olsen & the Panthers D in L1 here.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:05 pm

surmo13 wrote:Looks like i have a vested interest in the Panthers being horrible this week, especially the passing attack, playing against Benjamin, Olsen & Gano in the Sportal league, and Anderson, Benjamin, Olsen & the Panthers D in L1 here.

One of us will be disappointed
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:35 pm

Anyone see the second half of the GB game? I missed it as had to head off to work... How bad does the Lacy injury look? Any ideas on a time frame or do we think just precautionary?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Mearcats wrote:Anyone see the second half of the GB game? I missed it as had to head off to work... How bad does the Lacy injury look? Any ideas on a time frame or do we think just precautionary?
    Ankle injury apparently mate! Was rolling as well last night! just not getting into the endzone atm, only thing stopping him from going big
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:34 pm

Mearcats wrote:Anyone see the second half of the GB game? I missed it as had to head off to work... How bad does the Lacy injury look? Any ideas on a time frame or do we think just precautionary?

thinking about this latest injury, I reflected about some of the trades I've proposed and just how many bullets I've dodged so far in this first season.
    I think in the first few weeks, I even proposed trading David Johnson with someone else as a sweetener!!! (at one stage I also proposed Christine Michaels) But I've dodged picking up blokes like Lacy, Abdullah, Golden Tate etc.

No offence to the guys that kept their cards close, in fact I've kept my fair share of band aids also.

I've lived on the waver wire so far. It makes for interesting reading already looking back at the transaction list.

Lots of learning and just 5 weeks into my NFL fantasy career...
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:45 pm

BroncHose wrote:

thinking about this latest injury, I reflected about some of the trades I've proposed and just how many bullets I've dodged so far in this first season.
    I think in the first few weeks, I even proposed trading David Johnson with someone else as a sweetener!!! (at one stage I also proposed Christine Michaels) But I've dodged picking up blokes like Lacy, Abdullah, Golden Tate etc.

No offence to the guys that kept their cards close, in fact I've kept my fair share of band aids also.

I've lived on the waver wire so far. It makes for interesting reading already looking back at the transaction list.

Lots of learning and just 5 weeks into my NFL fantasy career...
    Waiver wire is so important mate, good to see someone vesting so much interest in it!

I only started NFL fantasy last year, been watching for 10+ years but fantasy just makes it so much more interesting
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Welshy wrote:
    Waiver wire is so important mate, good to see someone vesting so much interest in it!

I only started NFL fantasy last year, been watching for 10+ years but fantasy just makes it so much more interesting

agreed. more interesting and addictive.

BTW - props to Rawls with 120+ this week. Killed it, and now with Brady in action - looking like the team to beat!

Clap
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:06 pm

I have Lacy and am pretty sure he'll be back next week from the little bit of information I've been able to gather about the place so far so not really stressed about that one. But the AA one hurt, was just luck to be able to pick up a dece replacement in Howard. 

Sitting no. 2 on the waivers list so if need be I'll pick up another this week but relatively happy with my depth at the moment with DT, Maclin, Hill and DeSean all on the pine.

That being said, I'm always keen for a trade or two if people are looking about the place!  pirat
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Where does everyone find the starting lineups of NFL teams that are about to play? I've been told about Rotogrinders, but they don't update the inactives in the last hour and Rotowire who is better as it does update in the last hour but today they listed the running backs as Peyton Barber for Tampa and Fozzy Whittaker for the Panthers. Now watching the game, Jacquizz Rogers is the running back for Tampa and Artis-Pane is running for the Panthers.
    Is there any other site that I can use because how are you supposed to play Draftstars and/or NFL fantasy without the damn starting lineup.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Where does everyone find the starting lineups of NFL teams that are about to play? I've been told about Rotogrinders, but they don't update the inactives in the last hour and Rotowire who is better as it does update in the last hour but today they listed the running backs as Peyton Barber for Tampa and Fozzy Whittaker for the Panthers. Now watching the game, Jacquizz Rogers is the running back for Tampa and Artis-Pane is running for the Panthers.
    Is there any other site that I can use because how are you supposed to play Draftstars and/or NFL fantasy without the damn starting lineup.

Gotta be honest ive never needed a last minute starting lineup website, but yes should be one. As u know they can run with 2 or 3 backs aside from whoever is named starter. Someone posted one here or in the nfl thread a couple rounds back.
    FWIW, Rodgers and Artis-Payne were likely to get the most gametime in news/fantasy articles over the past gew days. Especially Rodgers, i thought of bringing him in for the week but no bench space.

Haven't helped u much, maybe Ryno would have the juice.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:37 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Gotta be honest ive never needed a last minute starting lineup website, but yes should be one. As u know they can run with 2 or 3 backs aside from whoever is named starter. Someone posted one here or in the nfl thread a couple rounds back.
    FWIW,  Rodgers and Artis-Payne were likely to get the most gametime in news/fantasy articles over the past gew days. Especially Rodgers, i thought of bringing him in for the week but no bench space.

Haven't helped u much, maybe Ryno would have the juice.

Thanks Revs. No mate, you have helped me heaps.
    I did read somewhere where Rodgers was likely to be used more but when I saw Rotowire had listed Peyton Barber as the running back, I thought something happened overnight that gave him the nod, but I missed reading about Artis-Payne.
    That is the first time that I have noticed an error in the Rotowire website as they are pretty good, but I won't use their lineups as gospel in the future and I'll trust the articles more, and I should read more articles as I have been lazy in that department.
    Mearcats
    Mearcats

Post by Mearcats Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:10 pm

There's a couple of guys I follow on twitter that are usually pretty good with late outs and ins as well as confirmed line ups Pacey, I'll see if I can scrounge em up.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Early in the season but already have claimed the 2 scalps I wanted most @revraiser and @Random

easy, easy, easy!!!
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:41 pm

Mearcats wrote:There's a couple of guys I follow on twitter that are usually pretty good with late outs and ins as well as confirmed line ups Pacey, I'll see if I can scrounge em up.

Thanks mate. Also I just read this about Eddie Lacy's injury;

10. Packers coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that running back Eddie Lacy's ankle injury isn't serious.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:26 pm

Naa mate the injury is serious and Welshy should offload him to me on the cheap, especially considering I gave him a win this week.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:54 am