NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:04 am

Honeysett wrote:

I'm also part Italian and it's Parmi. Trust bogans to dumb it down.
    Rolling Laugh
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Parm - E - I -E - I - O Thread

Post by Honeysett Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:38 am

Random wrote:Can someone explain to me the actual appeal of a Parmi/Parmy/Parma/Pomeranian?

It's chicken breast with cheese, bacon or ham and delicious sauce. What's not to love?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:13 am

Schnitzel in all its forms is delicious.

The end.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:45 am

Milchcow wrote:Schnitzel in all its forms is delicious.

The end.

Undoubtedly true.

But further to that, melted cheese on anything....yes anything, is also delectable and let's not forget the magic of bacon/ham.

It's basically like having a beer, watching the footy and getting one away....all at the same time.

filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:07 am

Honeysett wrote:Also before we get started, it's Parmi not Parma.

Wow, I never realised you could actually lose all respect for someone in an instant.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:09 am

Honeysett is from a far off and distant land. Forgive him for his errant Parmi ways
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:21 am

I too am from a distant far away land, but having grown up in God's Country I understand it is Parmy, and Parmy only.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:42 am

ASIO wrote:I too am from a distant far away land, but having grown up in God's Country I understand it is Parmy, and Parmy only.

Good to hear SI.

Now go forth and spread the message to the uneducated people of the West.

Post by Guest Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:19 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

There's no "y" in football either but I still call it footy....

Anyway, like all learned scholar's I investigated this further by conducting a dictionary search and found the following:

Link

Parmy
    Slang used for a chicken parmigiana. It's definitely not "Parma."
    Stuart: Hey, let's go get a Parma for dinner.
    Any sane person: I agree, but it's Parmy you cock-juggling thundercunt!
    Joke

Your head.

Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Honeysett wrote:

It's chicken breast with cheese, bacon or ham and delicious sauce. What's not to love?

The best thing about schnitzels is the crispy golden covering. Is there a risk with the Parma that this is lost due to the sauce/ cheese?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:46 pm

Pain wrote:

The best thing about schnitzels is the crispy golden covering. Is there a risk with the Parma that this is lost due to the sauce/ cheese?

Every parma is a risk, that's part of the beauty but no more risky than getting a shit schnitz.

Get the needle in your arm already.
    Pain
    Pain

NFL Dynasty Champion : 2019
    NFL Fantasy L2 Champion : 2019

Post by Pain Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:56 pm

I had a very enjoyable variation of a Schitzel burger yesterday at red hook. Can recommend.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:57 pm

The worst thing that can happen with a shnitz is when its all crumbs/batter and no actual chicken in the middle.

Most pubs won't try and get away with this crap, but the odd dodgy take-away might try it.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:51 am

There's a change.org petition

#Stopthestack.

Making it illegal to stack the parma on top of the chips because they go soggy and it's harder to cut.

What is the NRL FF learned scholars thoughts on the stack ??
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:10 am

If the alternative is less chips on the plate, the stack can be OK.

Depends on serving size involved.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:38 am

No Worries wrote:There's a change.org petition  

#Stopthestack.

Making it illegal to stack the parma on top of the chips because they go soggy and it's harder to cut.

What is the NRL FF learned scholars thoughts on the stack ??

In a perfect world the tightarses would just get a big fucking plate.

But as Milch has said, if the plate size is a valid constraint, then I can live with the stack as opposed to losing out on chips.

In fact, if you hit the jackpot with a quality parmy then I quite enjoy the soggy chips given the 'sog' will be substantially made up of sauce and cheese.

Cutting it isn't an issue and must be a concern raised by precious losers that either don't have the guns to exert enough downward force or are too concerned with a few squashed chip casualties.
    The other tactic I employ is to take the corner off the parmy and then retrieve the majority of the chips from beneath and transfer to the void left by the consumed corner.
    Don't mind that to be honest as it enforces a nicely distributed parmy, then chips, then parmy, then chips eating schedule (obviously with the salad knocked over first and cleared from the area).
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:01 pm

I quite enjoy the stack, I don't mind picking up the parmi and some chips in the same go.

The salad is there for decoration on the plate only and is discarded as quickly as it's thrown together.

Thoughts of what gos on a parmi? Ham? Bacon? extras?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:I quite enjoy the stack, I don't mind picking up the parmi and some chips in the same go.

The salad is there for decoration on the plate only and is discarded as quickly as it's thrown together.

I suddenly feel like /r/parmascience needs to exist.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:08 pm

Honeysett wrote:I quite enjoy the stack, I don't mind picking up the parmi and some chips in the same go.

I suddenly feel like /r/parmascience needs to exist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/chickenparma/

This is a good start.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:13 pm

They're calling it Parma, I refuse to open the link. They already don't know what they're taking about.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am