NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Jamal Idris

Pieman
    Pieman

Jamal Idris Empty Jamal Idris

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:23 am

So stepping away from this drugs rubbish, there is a somewhat heartwarming story coming from the Idris camp.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/jamal-idris-to-open-african-orphanage-before-making-nrl-return/news-story/49ff949e713e4df19468e546e68d829c

He has been away, he wants back in. Been building an orphanage and thinks he wants to be a league player again.

So, who wants him?
    Where should he go?
    Where would he be a good fit?
    I dare say he would be a fat mess and would have to do a lot of work, but the bloke was quite a good player when he was fit and switched on.

We could prob rule out the Dogs/Titans/Panthers I guess.

No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Jamal Idris Empty Re: Jamal Idris

Post by No Worries Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:08 am

Pieman wrote:So stepping away from this drugs rubbish, there is a somewhat heartwarming story coming from the Idris camp.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/jamal-idris-to-open-african-orphanage-before-making-nrl-return/news-story/49ff949e713e4df19468e546e68d829c

He has been away, he wants back in. Been building an orphanage and thinks he wants to be a league player again.

So, who wants him?
    Where should he go?
    Where would he be a good fit?
    I dare say he would be a fat mess and would have to do a lot of work, but the bloke was quite a good player when he was fit and switched on.

We could prob rule out the Dogs/Titans/Panthers I guess.

Seriously ? So you believe he was holidaying in the golden triangle when a couple of tiny Vietnamese guys tried to kidnap a man mountain who is unrecognisable outside of rugby league probably even Australian rugby league for a ransom ?
    jocolor
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:38 am

No Worries wrote:

Seriously ? So you believe he was holidaying in the golden triangle when a couple of tiny Vietnamese guys tried to kidnap a man mountain who is unrecognisable outside of rugby league probably even Australian rugby league for a ransom ?
    jocolor

I dont fucking know. Your guess is as good as mine. They prob saw the big unit throwing money around at some bar, assumed he was rich (which to them, he would be very very rich) so decided to try and kidnap and ransom him. Who knows.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:05 am

Pieman wrote:

I dont fucking know. Your guess is as good as mine. They prob saw the big unit throwing money around at some bar, assumed he was rich (which to them, he would be very very rich) so decided to try and kidnap and ransom him. Who knows.

My guess is he was chasing the dragon, got fucked up because he wasn't use to shit that hadn't been cut 100 times before getting to him and missed his Contiki meeting point.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Pieman wrote:

So the alleged Bronco druggie is clearly guilty and part of a cover up, but Idris' kidnapping could be because of one of any number of reasons. Who knows.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:41 pm

Tigers could do with some size in our 3/4 line but yeah, not sold on his focus or heart.
    Dip

Post by Dip Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:48 pm

SI wrote:Tigers could do with some size in our 3/4 line but yeah, not sold on his focus or heart.
    Normally players don't become injury prone until AFTER they start playing for the Tigers.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Dip wrote:
    SI wrote:Tigers could do with some size in our 3/4 line but yeah, not sold on his focus or heart.
    Normally players don't become injury prone until AFTER they start playing for the Tigers.
    Haha, funny thing was I was going to mention that it's not a great idea him being at the Tigers based on his injury history, but touch wood, we are out of that horror 3 or 4 years going on 2016 thus far.

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:44 pm

A club with a good culture and a solid coach. So that rules out the Knights and Tigers straight off the bat Laughing
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:00 pm

He would fucking kill it in the centres at melbourne
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm

Dip wrote:

So the alleged Bronco druggie is clearly guilty and part of a cover up, but Idris' kidnapping could be because of one of any number of reasons. Who knows.

Mate as I said in the other thread, there is a video of a bronco's player doing it.
    Unless he is snorting sherbert off the seat, or unless its not him in the video its happened. Its fact.

These are two totally different things and we know fuck all fact about the idris kidnapping thing.

It very well could be a drug thing with idris, but thats just making shit up because we literally have no idea what happened.
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:23 am

Pieman wrote:

Mate as I said in the other thread, there is a video of a bronco's player doing it.
    Unless he is snorting sherbert off the seat, or unless its not him in the video its happened. Its fact.

These are two totally different things and we know fuck all fact about the idris kidnapping thing.

It very well could be a drug thing with idris, but thats just making shit up because we literally have no idea what happened.

It is no more "making shit up because we literally have no idea what happened" for Idris than it is for the Broncos. I've not heard one person yet say "I've seen the video and it is definitely XXXX snorting lines". There is every chance the video doesn't show anything, as much as many people want it to show a high profile Bronco taking drugs.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:35 am

Dip wrote:

It is no more "making shit up because we literally have no idea what happened" for Idris than it is for the Broncos. I've not heard one person yet say "I've seen the video and it is definitely XXXX snorting lines". There is every chance the video doesn't show anything, as much as many people want it to show a high profile Bronco taking drugs.
    No one here has said that, all we know is someone has a video of what is apparently a bronco's player racking up in a bathroom. Whether its made up or not, we dont know. We prob never will know. I dont think anyone has made anything up in regards to the broncos player racking up thing.

All we know is Idris was apparently kidnapped and he jumped out of a moving van to get away. How it happened or why, we will never know prob.

Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:39 am

Anyway....

I think the Knights will offer him something. Who else needs a center, I don't think he could transition into the backrow just yet. I guess if the Eels don't get Hayne and release Foran they might have a crack.

He is only just 26 and if he gets into shape should still have his best footy ahead of him.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 am

Getting into shape was always his biggest problem, no one doubts that the bloke has talent.
    I too think that the knights will offer him something. I dont know if I like it or not, but if he got into shape I could handle it, depending on how much they would spend on him. Bench back row could be his position for the start of next year. We already have enough bench quality back rowers. We do need a left centre, but I would prefer Newcastle concentrate on getting a decent fullback first.

Melbourne seem to be lacking in outside backs, everyone in the world would take Idris over Cheyse Blair.

Parra yeah.
    Would be surprised to see his name thrown around at the bronco's, everyone else seems to be linked there.

Manly could be another option.
    Souths for sure.
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:07 am

Pieman wrote:Getting into shape was always his biggest problem, no one doubts that the bloke has talent.
    I too think that the knights will offer him something. I dont know if I like it or not, but if he got into shape I could handle it, depending on how much they would spend on him. Bench back row could be his position for the start of next year. We already have enough bench quality back rowers. We do need a left centre, but I would prefer Newcastle concentrate on getting a decent fullback first.

Melbourne seem to be lacking in outside backs, everyone in the world would take Idris over Cheyse Blair.

Parra yeah.
    Would be surprised to see his name thrown around at the bronco's, everyone else seems to be linked there.

Manly could be another option.
    Souths for sure.

Imagine a centre pairing of Roberts and Idris. They'd have no trouble finding the line
    Dip

Post by Dip Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:25 am

Pieman wrote:
    Melbourne seem to be lacking in outside backs

If Slater comes back, then him at fullback with Chambers and Munster in the centres, and wingers from Vanivulu, Scott, Tonamopaea, Blair, Morgan seems fine to me.

I wonder if the Storm might consider Slater at 5/8 next year with Munster at 1.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:40 am

Dip wrote:

If Slater comes back, then him at fullback with Chambers and Munster in the centres, and wingers from Vanivulu, Scott, Tonamopaea, Blair, Morgan seems fine to me.

I wonder if the Storm might consider Slater at 5/8 next year with Munster at 1.

Well there is a big ? over whether slater is coming back, and being able to last a full season if he does anyway..

Besides Vunivalu, all those other guys are average players.
    Scott is an unknown but has some great raps on him. He may play 6 next year if green is gone.

I stand by saying they are thin in the outside backs.
    Shanbon
    Shanbon

Post by Shanbon Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:38 am

Storm also signed Ado-Carr

Whoever said Souths could be right but they do have a few young outside backs their, it's funny they keep playing Gray in the wing he was a gun Centre coming through.
    Ice

Post by Ice Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:23 am

If anyone can turn him around, Arthur can............