NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:22 pm

So my team at the moment.

HOK: C. Smith (M. Parcell)
    FRF: A. Fifita, J. Graham (J. McGuire, NPR)
    2RF: S. Burgess, S. Mannering, E. Whitehead (E. Taylor, M. Mau, NPR)
    HLF: B. Hunt, M. Mbye (NPR, NPR)
    CTR: J. Dugan, J. Leilua (K. Holland, NPR)
    WFB: L. Mitchell, B. Barba, C. Munter (J. Addo-Carr, NPR)

Trades: 9 (Let's not talk about that mmkay.)
    Cash Remaining: $116 000

So I had the following trades all planned out..

L. Mitchell -> J. Tedesco (Planned when rumours of M. Gordon signing with the Roosters came out. Then planned when L. Mitchell went down injured. However if Mitchell misses 1 week, would it be better waiting as J. Tedesco may play Origin and L. Mitchell will play 2 Bye Rounds.)

M. Parcell -> J. Friend (Planned for Round 17 as M. Parcell continues to make cash, and hopefully J. Friend will drop in price a little. I may wait even longer on this trade if M. Parcell is still playing 80 minutes.)

K. Holland -> NPR (This trade was planned for this round with J. Dugan back. Thinking of bringing in D. Copley as he will be in the big two bye rounds. Unsure if I should make this trade this week or not. Was thinking if J. Dugan is back make it this week, if not maybe play K. Holland one more week.)

Depending on my cash I may look at another trade to potentially upgrade J. McGuire or M. Mau. What is everyones thoughts?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38 - Page 17 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:24 pm

Bren wrote:After the Mansour - Tedesco trade. Think I can sit pretty till injuries strike (hopefully not until after round 20...)

Smith Friend
    Fifita Graham Surgess
    JDB Gallen Jtrbo Whitehead ET
    Hunt DCE Norman
    Aitken Holland
    Tedesco Radradra Barba Mitchell

Jeez awesome gun team mate you wanker Smile
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:35 pm

wolfking wrote:I feel like I've backed myself into a bit of a corner with my team, and not sure what to do next.

Smith (Parcell)
    Fifita Surgess (Ese Leulaui)
    Lowe SST ET (Carty Bhana Benry)
    SJ Milf (Lolohea Feeny)
    BJ Aitken (CLaw Holland)
    Semi Munster Barba (Mitchell Guth)

I have 17 trades but only 7K in the bank.  Mannering was my next target but need 200K to upgrade Bhana to him.  Gonna need 2 trades but who.  I'm sort of happy with my back heavy team and thinking Holland has to go.  After trading Holland I still need another downgrade to upgrade Bhana, considering at this stage I'm happy to keep most of what I have here.  Need Guth, Lolo and will hold Mitchell and fingers crossed he's back next week.  Also thinking possibly JWH then I could get the funds from Holland, but Mannering at his price is a steal.  Any thoughts?  
    Switch Benry with Claw.
    Downgrade Holland to a DPP WFB/CTR.
    Upgrade Claw to Mannering.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Random wrote:
    Depending on my cash I may look at another trade to potentially upgrade J. McGuire or M. Mau. What is everyones thoughts?
    You have a problem, seek help. 9 trades!?! 9 TRADES!?!!?! That's intervention stuff.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:38 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Jeez awesome gun team mate you wanker Smile
    Thanks big boy.

There are two types of wankers, those that tell the truth and admit they do and those that deny it yet behind closed doors are slapping the salami like its going out of fashion.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:40 pm

Ever since the new format, I just can't get my head around (or the time to deal with) the week to week price changes in this comp and I struggle accordingly.

But finally cracked the tonne (just.....1004) after I jagged a bit of luck with bringing in James and captaining big Sammy.

Now if I can just do that every week I might eventually break into the Top 1000......
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:41 pm

wolfking wrote:I feel like I've backed myself into a bit of a corner with my team, and not sure what to do next.

Smith (Parcell)
    Fifita Surgess (Ese Leulaui)
    Lowe SST ET (Carty Bhana Benry)
    SJ Milf (Lolohea Feeny)
    BJ Aitken (CLaw Holland)
    Semi Munster Barba (Mitchell Guth)

I have 17 trades but only 7K in the bank.  Mannering was my next target but need 200K to upgrade Bhana to him.  Gonna need 2 trades but who.  I'm sort of happy with my back heavy team and thinking Holland has to go.  After trading Holland I still need another downgrade to upgrade Bhana, considering at this stage I'm happy to keep most of what I have here.  Need Guth, Lolo and will hold Mitchell and fingers crossed he's back next week.  Also thinking possibly JWH then I could get the funds from Holland, but Mannering at his price is a steal.  Any thoughts?  

You are one of only a few who are still in a position to chase a Cow or 2 with your trades left.

If you want to sacrifice a bit of that depth then yeah, Holland can go. If I was in your situation I'd be tempted to go Feeney to a Cleary or Godinet (roughie at a call up) as well or whoever might get 3 or 4 games and make 100k. That way you make the instant return on Holland and put yourself in a cash generating position as well. Manners BE 54 so he's not going to hurt you cash wise for another week.

The one alarming thing about your set up though is the lack of cash in your forwards.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:41 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Switch Benry with Claw.

Hmmm...not bad, thanks Chucky. Was tossing up with Claw, but I think I'm so back heavy I don't really need him. I feel I have almost the best CTR pairing in BJ and Aitken. Could downgrade Holland to Copely or Hurrel if he gets a spot as they both play round 15.

Thanks again, solid option.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:44 pm

wolfking wrote:
    Chucky wrote:
    Switch Benry with Claw.

Hmmm...not bad, thanks Chucky.  Was tossing up with Claw, but I think I'm so back heavy I don't really need him.  I feel I have almost the best CTR pairing in BJ and Aitken.  Could downgrade Holland to Copely or Hurrel if he gets a spot as they both play round 15.  

Thanks again, solid option.  

Hurrell might be the better punt. Copley good byes but Hurrell could really find some points again.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:45 pm

Bren wrote:Thanks for the answers lads. I'm thinking of trading Mansour - Tedesco. Yay or nay? IIRC 2? seasons ago Tedesco came back from an injury and played for a few weeks then injured himself again and was out for the rest of the season or something, I don't want to be in the same same scenario again however Tedesco is definitely one of the top 3 WFB keepers to be aiming to finish the season with.

I think that was his hip pointer injury from memory.

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:48 pm

SI wrote:

Is that some sort of dance move?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:48 pm

SI wrote:

You are one of only a few who are still in a position to chase a Cow or 2 with your trades left.

If you want to sacrifice a bit of that depth then yeah, Holland can go.  If I was in your situation I'd be tempted to go Feeney to a Cleary or Godinet (roughie at a call up) as well or whoever might get 3 or 4 games and make 100k.  That way you make the instant return on Holland and put yourself in a cash generating position as well.  Manners BE 54 so he's not going to hurt you cash wise for another week.

The one alarming thing about your set up though is the lack of cash in your forwards.

I know my bench forwards is a worry, but not much I can do but as you say if I can generate some more cash that's probably a good idea. For some reason my trades just kept going to my backs, and I'm not really sure why to be honest. A legit cow in the forwards would be handy, maybe Asiata looking good, or as you say Cleary or Godinet. Watson was sounding good but since both Pearce and Mitchell not far away is probably a trap.

Might even sit and use the 3 next week. Thanks for the advice SI.

I do like the sound of boosting my forward value by moving Claw up and he is an easy upgrade. He looked good though the week before with that 53, so who knows.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:51 pm

Archer wrote:
    Random wrote:
    You have a problem, seek help. 9 trades!?! 9 TRADES!?!!?! That's intervention stuff.

Shh.. shh i said we dont need to talk about it. And if i make it through the bye rounds 5 trades should be enough for injuries.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 pm

SI wrote:

Hurrell might be the better punt.  Copley good byes but Hurrell could really find some points again.

Was thinking that. If he's turned a corner, he could be a monster again.

Thanks for the Godinet thought. Could go Feeny to Godinet with the 7K I have left and potentially Hurrel and Mannering next week for Holland and Claw, if Hurrell works out. Godinet with a BE of -8, and potentially can play round 15.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:52 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:

Is that some sort of dance move?

Yeah and this year Tedesco goes down injured due to a dab.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:54 pm

Thanks foir adice guys.

Looks like I've got a couple days to decied on Tauk vs Mannering

Then deathride JTurbo, JDB and any other gun not in my final team
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:55 pm

wolfking wrote:
    SI wrote:

If you want to sacrifice a bit of that depth then yeah, Holland can go.  If I was in your situation I'd be tempted to go Feeney to a Cleary or Godinet (roughie at a call up) as well or whoever might get 3 or 4 games and make 100k.  That way you make the instant return on Holland and put yourself in a cash generating position as well.  Manners BE 54 so he's not going to hurt you cash wise for another week.

I know my bench forwards is a worry, but not much I can do but as you say if I can generate some more cash that's probably a good idea.  For some reason my trades just kept going to my backs, and I'm not really sure why to be honest.  A legit cow in the forwards would be handy, maybe Asiata looking good, or as you say Cleary or Godinet.  Watson was sounding good but since both Pearce and Mitchell not far away is probably a trap.

Might even sit and use the 3 next week.  Thanks for the advice SI.

I do like the sound of boosting my forward value by moving Claw up and he is an easy upgrade.  He looked good though the week before with that 53, so who knows.

I think Chucky's idea sounds good. I would only ever be suggesting to sell CLaw from your centres if you had a massive centre pairing-which you do Shocked

With your forwards it probably just means that your 18th man ends up a 3rd half or 4th WFB. If luck is on your side they go big the week you need them to AE for you.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:57 pm

Could go this week;

Bhana --> Asiata (for the cash)
    Feeny --> Godient or Cleary

then next week

Holland --> Hurrell
    Claw --> Mannering
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:58 pm

How come they haven't added Talakai to the system.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 pm

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38 - Page 17 13343008_1020887417946982_4514486221081516686_n

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:37 pm