NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:45 pm

Had planned to do a Tolman to Bromwich trade this week on the back of Tolman seeing another solid price rise after his big 70 the other week but he just couldn't back it up. Unless Mitchell is ruled out for a long period of time, or DCE is ruled out for long and Pearce makes a return this round I'm thinking SST is a go.
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix
    TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38 - Page 15 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 38

Post by TheSpiritOfRiverPhoenix Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Cheers Wolf and WL

How many people holding DCE at this stage ? I currently have Mbye, DCE and two numpties in my halfs so don't have much room to move. Can also swap Barba from WFB as a temp solution but not all that keen on the idea.

Had pulled the trigger on Mbye last week but reversed at the last minute when Pearce was reported injured.

Feel like SJ could be a decent option now (for either DCE or Mbye) as warriors set out on their annual mid season romp.

Really over Mbye bumming it up but in the interest of saving trades (14 left) he might be there for a while yet :-(

Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:Had planned to do a Tolman to Bromwich trade this week on the back of Tolman seeing another solid price rise after his big 70 the other week but he just couldn't back it up. Unless Mitchell is ruled out for a long period of time, or DCE is ruled out for long and Pearce makes a return this round I'm thinking SST is a go.

Tolman only played 53min last night for 74m and 30tackles, whereas last week he played 80 for 200m and 40tackles.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:02 pm

SI wrote:

Lucky we have so many hookers.  Cherrington seems to be out of favour though so can only assume he has signed/is about to sign somewhere else.  Liddle looks good but Seggers would be fucking awesome Very Happy  .  Not going to happen but dreams are free.

Someone Air Quote in the Tiger's thread about a month ago mentioned Cherrington would look good in pink. Now there is talk Seggy has been told to look elsewhere
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Currently my hookers are smith and Hodgson. In terms of combinations, how does this sit? Obviously smith and friend would be ideal, for over al points. However I'm low on trades, thinking of butting bullet and just having no hooker for round 15. Basically any trade I make needs to be the last time I touch my hookers (yes I know very punny). Could go Hodgson to friend, but means I need to forfeit strength elsewhere, for sake of bye coverage and probably a few extra points each round. I want to keep Hodgson as I'm liking how he is playing first receiver at back end of games, making hit ups and getting involved more attackingly
    m0nty (FanLeague)
    m0nty (FanLeague)

Post by m0nty (FanLeague) Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Early thoughts on cheapie downgrade options? Papalii a goer due to injuries?
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:13 pm

m0nty (FanLeague) wrote:Early thoughts on cheapie downgrade options? Papalii a goer due to injuries?

I wonder what the hell happened to that other asshole that I've been stuck with Leulaui? Asshole.
    m0nty (FanLeague)
    m0nty (FanLeague)

Post by m0nty (FanLeague) Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Watson also a bye special if you think Mitchell might be out for a bit longer.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:26 pm

A public service announcement about the maths of captaincy choice.

If you picked Fifita (72) as captain over Surgess (98)

this cost you 26 points, not 52.

72 + 72 + 98 = 242
    72 + 98 + 98 = 268

I have seen this mistake made several times over the past couple weeks so thought I should put the correction in.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:29 pm

Alright well my team's somehow staying afloat in spite of all my innumerable blunders. Let's get a #keeperwatch going on my team. Where's the problems and what can I do to fix it

HOK: Smith, Rein
    FRF: Graham, Fifita, J Turbo, V Leuluai AKA John Palavi 2.0
    2RF: Taylor, Surgess, Cartwright, Bodene, Asiata, Crichton (Downgrade for Aloiai with DPP flexibility)
    HLF: Hunt, Milf, Cleary, Hughes
    CTR: J Roberts, CLaw, C Scott, Gutherson
    WFB: Munster, Barba, Teddy, Mitchell, Lord Feeney

I've got 30k in the bank and 10 trades left. What's good and what's bad? My CTR's aren't really keepers but are they my biggest priority? Is Cartwright a keeper and should Jake Friend be my priority trade in?
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Alright well my team's somehow staying afloat in spite of all my innumerable blunders. Let's get a #keeperwatch going on my team. Where's the problems and what can I do to fix it

I stopped reading there. Get rid of Rein.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 pm

m0nty (FanLeague) wrote:Watson also a bye special if you think Mitchell might be out for a bit longer.

Sounds like both won't be out that long.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:35 pm

Finch wrote:

cheer

Friend with a BE of 92 I think. I'll be keeping Carty as long as he's fit I think. 57 last week mostly from base stats.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:40 pm

Finch wrote:

Hey what do you think I do around here all the time besides bash the guy, tell me what I don't know. It's not my fault either somebody around here BeastfromtheEast tossed him up as a different option around the bye rounds and I was like oh well why not?
    Second worst fantasy decision I ever made. Ahead of trading out Flash Gordon last year to Sam Tomkins who got injured that same week but below my blunder this week.
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Smith Parcell
    JBrom Graham Mooper JTrbo
    Surgess ETay SST Napa Bateman Leuluai
    SJ Matterson Feeney Hughes
    Leilua Aitken Auvua Benry
    Mitchell Munster Barba Guth Kennar

Any thoughts on whats the next step?
    Scouter
    Scouter

Post by Scouter Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:50 pm

You might as well hold Rein for the next 2-3 rounds as he'll be playing at the very least with the goal of upgrading to Friend in R17 after the Roosters 2nd bye.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:50 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Alright well my team's somehow staying afloat in spite of all my innumerable blunders. Let's get a #keeperwatch going on my team. Where's the problems and what can I do to fix it

FRF: Graham, Fifita, J Turbo, V Leuluai AKA John Palavi 2.0
    2RF: Taylor, Surgess, Cartwright, Bodene, Asiata, Crichton (Downgrade for Aloiai with DPP flexibility)
    HLF: Hunt, Milf, Cleary, Hughes
    CTR: J Roberts, CLaw, C Scott, Gutherson
    WFB: Munster, Barba, Teddy, Mitchell, Lord Feeney

I've got 30k in the bank and 10 trades left. What's good and what's bad? My CTR's aren't really keepers but are they my biggest priority? Is Cartwright a keeper and should Jake Friend be my priority trade in?

10 trades left, means 15 players have to stay in your team. Doesn't lead a lot of room for bringing in new cash cows.

Hooker
    Smith is a keeper. Rein you can probably upgrade, but its not a high priority. If you want to bring Jake Friend in wait until after Friend's bye in round 16. He should dorp a bit of cash in the time period, and Rein x 3 will beat Freiend x 2 in the interim rounds.

FRF:
    Graham, Fifita and JTurbo are keepers. Leuluai probably has to stick around too. Doubt there will be a cheapie come along to justify the trade in (and subsequent trade out if you want cash from them)

2RF:
    Surgess Taylor, Bodene, Cartwright all good enough to be keepers. If you have the trade Cartwright can be upgraded post origin to a James/JDB/Gallen but certainly not urgent

HLF:
    Hunt is a keeper. Milf is a maybe. I wouldn't be trading him out now though. Broncos going through a poor patch over origin. I'm confident they'll bounce back for the finals run in and Milford will pump out some big scores again.
    CLeary will hopefully earn a bit of cash for you over the next few weeks to allow a cash out. Hghes will get maybe 1 more game barring injury, but could be useful to keep for his DPP to swap with Barba.

CTR:
    Roberts and CLaw are both acceptable, if not preferred centre choices. I think Aitken is a good choice for an upgrade if you are looking for one. His price is very affordable thanks to his -5 a few weeks ago. That's now out of his rolling average so his price will only go up. Lowest score in his past 5 games is 54. BJ probably the other topline centre but you have to pay for him.
    Scott is probably in for the long haul, but his DPP might be useful. Gutherson probably a good choice to downgrade for cash after byes (unless Michael Gordon leaves before June 30, in which case he might be a keeper)

WFB
    Teddy and Munster are keepers. Barba is a borderline keeper. Especially if you keep Hughes/Feeney around for DPP swaps. Depending on how bad Mitchell's injury is he might become an urgent downgrade or maybe keep him around for origin and then ditch him later. Feeney is there for DPP at the moment.

With only 10 trades you'd want to get $100k at least from any new cash cow to justify bringing them in and out again. I think your best bet is using Gutherson, Feeny and maybe Cleary to fund upgrades to the rest of your squad and hop[e for luck with injuries.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:51 pm

Sik wrote:

Tolman only played 53min last night for 74m and 30tackles, whereas last week he played 80 for 200m and 40tackles.

But the 53 mins last night was much more in line with the rest of his performances. Wasn't expecting him to pull out an 80min game again or anything, was just hoping he would at least get somewhere around the 45 and I could take advantage of the 70 in his 5 round average to remove the difference between my cap remaining and the cost of a Tolman to Jbrom trade.

Had always planned on trading him out somewhere around round 15 so no major issue but just would have ideally wanted Jbrom. I guess SST is a decent enough POD at this stage (especially given the Cordner injury talk) and he has great byes so isn't a major loss. Just don't really want to use a trade on someone like Kennar to nuffie at this stage
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

Is it worth me bringing in Taukeiaho for Mataora

That would leave my FRF/2RF as this for the run home.

Fifita Graham Surgess Tolman
    Whitehead Taylor Taukeiaho Taupau

Tauk is just a heap cheaper than all the other options, but should give good scores, especially if Cordner is out long term and he retains the kicking.

Means I'd be without JDB, JTurbo, Gallen for the run home, but you can't have 'em all. Maybe I'd be able to upgrade Tolman to one of them after origin but trades will be at a premium so may have to keep Tolman around for the long haul.
    Other possibility it Mataora to Mannering, who is also temptingly priced right now.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Grant (rib) is expected to make his return this Friday night against the South Sydney Rabbitohs
    Sironen (foot) is expected to be available for selection in Round 16.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 pm