NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Chucky
    Chucky

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by Chucky Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

SI wrote:2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 2 Tumblr10
    Well done SI.
    That would've been awesome on a page 51 party.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Stinkbug wrote:thinking out my taupau to cooper trade more... is a taupau to tolman trade better....? saves me slightly more cash and tolman more likely to be a b-level keeper than cooper...? thoughts?

The correlation between Mooper at Lock and his poor early scores is a bit worrying. Hopefully it was just a personal/team form thing, however his run metres were way down back then. Haven't been a Tolman fan for 18 months now and shelled the extra for Graham when I had the choice a month or so ago. The way I see Mooper v Tolman is:

similar price
    similar bye
    Tolman comes out ahead with consistency-you know he will bust his arse week in week out.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Stinkbug wrote:
    me. first year playing so just focusing really on h2h which im doing well enough in. rank wise im in the mid 1000's and want to keep that up but i've burnt alot of trades (down to 15, maybe i should carry taupau, jdb??) so i accept il fall signficantly before seasons ends.

i dont know what im doing but im just going to run the gauntlet on the byes (no real planning) even if means sacrificing rank.

Im currently 1 rank inside the top 5000 so definitely not gonna win anything. Just wondering if i put my efforts into guns no matter what games they do or dont play. Currently have 18 trades, im no expert but i think your getting a touch low. If you double trade this week will you have 15 left?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Bren wrote:
    Stuff of legend.

No doubt you will be telling your kids for years to come Laughing

I'll make sure to mention it to his daughters... when they're of age of course.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Chucky wrote:
    SI wrote:2016 NRL.com Fantasy Thread Part 33 - Page 2 Tumblr10
    Well done SI.
    That would've been awesome on a page 51 party.

Thankyou Chucky, I respond well to validation Very Happy
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 pm

Honeysett wrote:
    Bren wrote:
    Stuff of legend.

No doubt you will be telling your kids for years to come Laughing

I'll make sure to mention it to his daughters... when they're of age of course.

Lol

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 10:24 pm

Is that image from Baywatch? At least post a GIF of Pam Anderson running down the beach!
    Stinkbug
    Stinkbug

Post by Stinkbug Wed May 18, 2016 10:26 pm

SI wrote:

The correlation between Mooper at Lock and his poor early scores is a bit worrying.  Hopefully it was just a personal/team form thing, however his run metres were way down back then.  Haven't been a Tolman fan for 18 months now and shelled the extra for Graham when I had the choice a month or so ago.  The way I see Mooper v Tolman is:

similar price
    similar bye
    Tolman comes out ahead with consistency-you know he will bust his arse week in week out.
    that's exactly what its coming down to: consistency. going to go tolman, is a good partner to graham - between them you can almost bank on 100 or so points each week. 
    Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Im currently 1 rank inside the top 5000 so definitely not gonna win anything. Just wondering if i put my efforts into guns no matter what games they do or dont play. Currently have 18 trades, im no expert but i think your getting a touch low. If you double trade this week will you have 15 left?
    like you, no expert, but im leaning towards the gun strategy no matter kinda thing - least you know what your generally gonna get from those players?
    15 trades left now after double trade this week. dont know how intense the run home is so hard to know what to do.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Stinkbug wrote:
    that's exactly what its coming down to: consistency. going to go tolman, is a good partner to graham - between them you can almost bank on 100 or so points each week. 

like you, no expert, but im leaning towards the gun strategy no matter kinda thing - least you know what your generally gonna get from those players?
    15 trades left now after double trade this week. dont know how intense the run home is so hard to know what to do.

It gets pretty crazy, players drop like flies. Having trades in hand is hugely helpful. I was told to write down a basic trade plan last year, write your team down and count how many trades it will take roughly to milk cows and upgrade non keepers. Stops you from making silly trades and leave about 6 for injuries lol
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:33 pm

mulvy wrote:From the last thread, SI said:

I know you are right up there mate so respect for thinking outside the box. Understand Aitken is tempting and I grabbed him last week. But have you done your bye assessment yet in regards players between 12 and 19? You may not need to make this move (probably do but just putting it out there).

If you have what can be seen as average bye numbers then you might be better off holding the trades.

Thanks mate, yeah I've been playing around with the bye planner ad nauseum. I think my strategy is to minimise red dots, get as many players for 12 and 15 which still allows a decent 17 for 13 and 16, aiming towards my final 17/18 during this time, and saying fuck you to round 18. Problem is, as a newbie I have no idea how many trades I need for the run home. Thoughts?

I know this is not helpful, but as many as possible. Considering the injuries, the unexpected form of some players, and the horrible byes, I would feel 6 or 7 left after byes are finished would actually be pretty handy this year. Bearing in mind that if you use all trades every week you could be out by Round 17.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:38 pm

Bren wrote:Is that image from Baywatch? At least post a GIF of Pam Anderson running down the beach!

Haha, I deadset have no idea. I was wrapped up in the happy go lucky shenanigans of the Page 51 Shindig and thought "you know what bitches, I'm a gunna throw caution to the wind and try to post me an image again". That was the 1st one I saw. And the rest is history.
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 18, 2016 10:42 pm

Oh piss off. I get called off to an office lunch and come back to find I've not only missed p51, but I've missed SI's first image....

ps: time to change the method of posting images me thinks....

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 10:44 pm

SI wrote:

lol!

Did you see I finally posted an image MF?  I'm telling everyone Very Happy

We're all proud Standard! Very Happy

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Archer wrote:Oh piss off. I get called off to an office lunch and come back to find I've not only missed p51, but I've missed SI's first image....

I put my charger on in my room for 20minutes and missed both too! After years of watching him struggle with it its nice to see it happen for one of our founding fathers!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:52 pm

Archer wrote:Oh piss off. I get called off to an office lunch and come back to find I've not only missed p51, but I've missed SI's first image....

Lol Random's probably working on it right now...
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 10:53 pm

Mighty Fishes wrote:

I put my charger on in my room for 20minutes and missed both too! After years of watching him struggle with it its nice to see it happen for one of our founding fathers!

Persistence pays off mate, I think we've all learnt a little something today Very Happy
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 pm

SI wrote:

I know this is not helpful, but as many as possible.  Considering the injuries, the unexpected form of some players, and the horrible byes, I would feel 6 or 7 left after byes are finished would actually be pretty handy this year.  Bearing in mind that if you use all trades every week you could be out by Round 17.

Actually that's quite helpful thanks. With my planned trades I will be cutting it very fine. Let me do this again, reversing trades, what would you guys do?

Smith Parcell
    Graham JBrom Blaw Herman
    Surgess Jturbo whitehead Cartwright Aubbs Fensom
    Hunt Norman Hastings Lamb
    Holland Claw auva'a Benry
    Munster Barba Mitchell Guth Feeney
    19 trades left 164k
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 11:11 pm

mulvy wrote:
    SI wrote:

I know this is not helpful, but as many as possible.  Considering the injuries, the unexpected form of some players, and the horrible byes, I would feel 6 or 7 left after byes are finished would actually be pretty handy this year.  Bearing in mind that if you use all trades every week you could be out by Round 17.

Actually that's quite helpful thanks. With my planned trades I will be cutting it very fine. Let me do this again, reversing trades, what would you guys do?

Smith Parcell
    Graham JBrom Blaw Herman
    Surgess Jturbo whitehead Cartwright Aubbs Fensom
    Hunt Norman Hastings Lamb
    Holland Claw auva'a Benry
    Munster Barba Mitchell Guth Feeney
    19 trades left 164k

Do you have Assistant Coach? If not, I would suggest you shell for it. You have banked 3 trades allready and managed to be just outside the Top 100. In your position it is worth the $20 just to look at your bye detector. I think from memory you may have been using the Renegades one? It's a great tool, but nothing beats the Fantasy site one for bye planning.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Team I want to have by the end of byes - would leave me with 5 trades and all being well a bit of cash.The halves I bring in could be different depending on price and form, planning suggests I should have at least 200k to upgrade Hastings and Norman late in the byes, unless either of them turns into an absolute keeper, which I doubt. Harris listed hopefully as centre but if he's in 2rf Aitken could move up from 18th man or I could spend another trade getting Dugan in. Players I already have in caps.

SMITH Friend
    JBROM JGRAHAM Fifita/Gallen (130k)
    MANNERING SURGESS WHITEHEAD JTRBO (Asiata BHENRY)
    SJOHNSON BHunt/Dce Thurston/ARey (130k)
    LEILUA Harris (AITKEN 130k)
    MUNSTER MITCHELL Tedesco (SCOTT FEENEY)

Question is - this plan leaves me with 11/15/12 players for the bye rounds, not counting the likes of Scott and Feeney. Is this going to lose me too much ground trying to finish top 100 (currently 134th). Also is 5 trades too few for run-in?

Of course none of this will happen because there'll be five long-term injuries and I've just wasted two hours planning in fantasy land.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed May 18, 2016 11:39 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Team I want to have by the end of byes - would leave me with 5 trades and all being well a bit of cash.The halves I bring in could be different depending on price and form, planning suggests I should have at least 200k to upgrade Hastings and Norman late in the byes, unless either of them turns into an absolute keeper, which I doubt. Harris listed hopefully as centre but if he's in 2rf Aitken could move up from 18th man or I could spend another trade getting Dugan in. Players I already have in caps.

SMITH Friend
    JBROM JGRAHAM Fifita/Gallen (130k)
    MANNERING SURGESS WHITEHEAD JTRBO (Asiata BHENRY)
    SJOHNSON BHunt/Dce Thurston/ARey (130k)
    LEILUA Harris (AITKEN 130k)
    MUNSTER MITCHELL Tedesco (SCOTT FEENEY)

Question is - this plan leaves me with 11/15/12 players for the bye rounds, not counting the likes of Scott and Feeney. Is this going to lose me too much ground trying to finish top 100 (currently 134th). Also is 5 trades too few for run-in?

Of course none of this will happen because there'll be five long-term injuries and I've just wasted two hours planning in fantasy land.

Wouldn't be so worried about the 5 trades, plenty above you will have less. The 11/15/12 seems reasonable, maybe a little underdone but only if the quality isn't there.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:58 am