NRL Fantasy Fanatics

A forum for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Dream Team / Supercoach as well as discussions about other sports, ex Sportal.

    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Share
    avatar
    Rippin and Tearin

    Posts : 803
    Reputation : 59
    Join date : 2016-03-09

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Rippin and Tearin on Tue May 10, 2016 3:12 pm

    @wolfking wrote:Mannering will play surely.  Wacko said he trained with the full squad along with Tui.  I don't think I'll risk the R on Tui this week though.

    Given its a muscular complication with his lip injury perhaps he is allowed to train with the team but avoid contact or something? I'm still going off the report that Dr had said the injury was gonna be a 4 week one, I may well be wrong though.
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 1611
    Reputation : 147
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 32
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by wolfking on Tue May 10, 2016 3:14 pm

    @Rippin and Tearin wrote:

    Given its a muscular complication with his lip injury perhaps he is allowed to train with the team but avoid contact or something? I'm still going off the report that Dr had said the injury was gonna be a 4 week one, I may well be wrong though.

    Good thinking, you could be right.
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 2157
    Reputation : 249
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by my tv broke on Tue May 10, 2016 3:15 pm

    yeh its a good point re de gois and pritchard. pritchard is probably seen as the longer term #9 so they will probably increase his playing mins as the season moves forward. especially if the eels drop a few games quickly and look out of contention for the 8.
    avatar
    EvenSteeden

    Posts : 327
    Reputation : 33
    Join date : 2015-10-30
    Location : NZ

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by EvenSteeden on Tue May 10, 2016 3:32 pm

    @my tv broke wrote:Michael Chammas ‏@MichaelChammas  1m1 minute ago
    BREAKING: Sam Perrett has asked Bulldogs for Sunday games off - like Will Hopoate. Club has denied request. Wasn't negotiated in contract.

    Warriors players asked for Thursday to Monday off. Seems like most of them were granted the request Evil or Very Mad
    avatar
    GreenMachine

    Posts : 698
    Reputation : 74
    Join date : 2016-02-07

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by GreenMachine on Tue May 10, 2016 3:36 pm

    @wolfking wrote:Surely they wouldn't get rid of Peats.  That's the dumbest move.  Wish it were Gordon though. Crying or Very sad

    The peats move unfortunately does make sense though.
    He stays on the field when de gois is out there as some sort of hybrid lock, but it is de gois who plays dummy half. Seems a luxury at his salary cap value to be utility like that. Shame as he was my trade this week. J Graham it is
    avatar
    StuDogg101

    Posts : 553
    Reputation : 86
    Join date : 2015-09-30
    Location : Christchurch, NZ

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by StuDogg101 on Tue May 10, 2016 3:45 pm

    Pretty sure Graham Henry is the last roll of the dice lol you're right about the Argies R&T so let's hope he gets some kind of attitude shift into their heads. I like the no dickhead policy haha
    avatar
    wolfking

    Posts : 1611
    Reputation : 147
    Join date : 2016-04-26
    Age : 32
    Location : Brisbane

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by wolfking on Tue May 10, 2016 3:48 pm

    http://www.nrl.com/eels-approach-peats-to-leave-club/tabid/10874/newsid/95750/default.aspx

    wow
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3654
    Reputation : 947
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Milchcow on Tue May 10, 2016 3:58 pm


    De Gois started hooker 4 timkes last year in Peats's absence

    Played 80 every time (84 minutes one week due to golden point) and averaged 48 points (1 try in those 4 games)


    Round 3-5 this year Peats was out
    De Gois averaged 46 points (1 try in these games) and around 60 minutes. Shared time with Pritchard. Total score was about the same as when he was playing 80 though. Small sample size but it suggests having a short rest doesn't harm his total output.



    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3654
    Reputation : 947
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Milchcow on Tue May 10, 2016 4:04 pm


    Also whilst having a look at Peats, I noticed this

    Check the minutes played for Paulo, De Gois and Wicks below

    http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match43220.html
    https://fantasy.nrl.com/match-centre/index.html#/match-centre/1110470

    NRLSTats has them palying 43, 48, 53 minutes
    Prozone has them playing 58, 66, 20 minutes

    Unlike tackles, metres gained etc, there isn't really much interpretation around minutes played,
    So a couple of interchanges recorded incorrectly by someone.
    Anyone noticed this kind of thing in other games, know how frequent it is?

    Normally I would trust nrlstats on this sort of thing, but they have had anomalies in the past
    (eg Kurt baptitste making 30 tackles in 0 minutes in this game http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match35097.html)

    Anyway, just putting it out there
    avatar
    SI
    Moderator

    Posts : 7505
    Reputation : 866
    Join date : 2015-08-03

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by SI on Tue May 10, 2016 4:07 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Also whilst having a look at Peats, I noticed this

    Check the minutes played for Paulo, De Gois and Wicks below

    http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match43220.html
    https://fantasy.nrl.com/match-centre/index.html#/match-centre/1110470

    NRLSTats has them palying 43, 48, 53 minutes
    Prozone has them playing 58, 66, 20 minutes

    Unlike tackles, metres gained etc, there isn't really much interpretation around minutes played,
    So a couple of interchanges recorded incorrectly by someone.
    Anyone noticed this kind of thing in other games, know how frequent it is?

    Normally I would trust nrlstats on this sort of thing, but they have had anomalies in the past
    (eg Kurt baptitste making 30 tackles in 0 minutes in this game http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match35097.html)

    Anyway, just putting it out there

    Wow! Yeah, would normally trust NRL Stats, but they don't have as much to play for anymore do they? Maybe not triple checking, or calibre of personnel is down now not being the official supplier.

    They were the official supplier up till and including 2013 weren't they?
    avatar
    my tv broke

    Posts : 2157
    Reputation : 249
    Join date : 2016-01-08
    Location : SUNCORP STADIUM

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by my tv broke on Tue May 10, 2016 4:08 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:Anyone noticed this kind of thing in other games, know how frequent it is?

    not that this particular example is overly important, but i've noticed a few times where player mins are out by around 3, 4 or 5 mins. eg player came off after 71 mins of the game (i had the player, watched him walk off and looked at the clock, and he didnt return to the field) and fantasy had him listed as playing 76 mins.

    avatar
    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 8632
    Reputation : 1406
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Bren on Tue May 10, 2016 4:13 pm

    Hearing Jai Arrow will be named on the bench for this week. Good stuff. Parkers future replacement gets a run.
    avatar
    Chicks Dig It

    Posts : 61
    Reputation : 5
    Join date : 2016-02-19

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Chicks Dig It on Tue May 10, 2016 4:14 pm

    @wolfking wrote:http://www.nrl.com/eels-approach-peats-to-leave-club/tabid/10874/newsid/95750/default.aspx

    wow

    Hopefully Peats tells them to get stuffed and find someone else. If i was a team mate id stick up for him.
    But it looks like he's going to be the scapegoat. They'll pressure him into signing with the Titans.
    Not farking happy Jan!
    avatar
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 3654
    Reputation : 947
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Milchcow on Tue May 10, 2016 4:15 pm

    @SI wrote:

    Wow!  Yeah, would normally trust NRL Stats, but they don't have as much to play for anymore do they?  Maybe not triple checking, or calibre of personnel is down now not being the official supplier.

    They were the official supplier up till and including 2013 weren't they?

    Yes, they used to be official supplier. I believe they got dumped at the same time as fanhub came in.

    Obviously not being official supplier anymore has dried up a lot of their funding so they'd be working on a smaller budget.
    They used to do U20s games, but that doesn't happen anymore.
    Also takes a day or longer to do final updated on a game when it used to only take hours.

    People tend to prefer nrlstats, but that's more because they are used to them doing the stats, or the general vibe of things, rather than any objective analysis.
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 1717
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Tue May 10, 2016 4:27 pm

    @Boozecluez wrote:If Alex Johnston to fulback, anyone have his scores from when he is back there?
    With origin upcoming he may get a decent run back there???

    I bought Johnston last year for his good bye coverage with the knowledge he'd play fullback in those 3 rounds. Wasn't a terrific scorer but got me at least 30 points each round. He needs to bulk up a bit before he ever makes a permanent shift to fullback
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 1717
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Tue May 10, 2016 4:28 pm

    So what do people here think about Aidan Tolman? Just asked a Q about him on live blog and apparently his scores this year are a worry and Klemmer is no guarantee to play Origin.
    Well I'll agree on the former but no way Klemmer doesn't play Origin. Daley loves his loyalty policy and they need a big prop on the bench. Anyway yeah who's on the Tolman train???
    avatar
    bluetige

    Posts : 1123
    Reputation : 302
    Join date : 2015-12-13

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by bluetige on Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 pm

    @Milchcow wrote:
    Also whilst having a look at Peats, I noticed this

    Check the minutes played for Paulo, De Gois and Wicks below

    http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match43220.html
    https://fantasy.nrl.com/match-centre/index.html#/match-centre/1110470

    NRLSTats has them palying 43, 48, 53 minutes
    Prozone has them playing 58, 66, 20 minutes

    Unlike tackles, metres gained etc, there isn't really much interpretation around minutes played,
    So a couple of interchanges recorded incorrectly by someone.
    Anyone noticed this kind of thing in other games, know how frequent it is?

    Normally I would trust nrlstats on this sort of thing, but they have had anomalies in the past
    (eg Kurt baptitste making 30 tackles in 0 minutes in this game http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match35097.html)

    Anyway, just putting it out there

    I use NRL stats to record minutes because its easier for me the way I've set things up but there have been a few times NRL stats minutes have not added up so I had to use Prozones recordings on fantasy
    avatar
    sets

    Posts : 444
    Reputation : 152
    Join date : 2016-01-27
    Location : 2014 Rank 900's / 2015 Rank 1600's / 2016 Rank 1500's

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by sets on Tue May 10, 2016 4:31 pm

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:So what do people here think about Aidan Tolman? Just asked a Q about him on live blog and apparently his scores this year are a worry and Klemmer is no guarantee to play Origin.  
    Well I'll agree on the former but no way Klemmer doesn't play Origin. Daley loves his loyalty policy and they need a big prop on the bench. Anyway yeah who's on the Tolman train???

    I have usually run each year with Graham and Tolman at the same time. They are pretty consistent, they don't (usually) play origin, both have great base stats, and between them pump out over 100points each week. If 1 gets injured I have a very good back up. It just works.
    avatar
    Johnny B Goode

    Posts : 1717
    Reputation : 175
    Join date : 2016-01-30

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Johnny B Goode on Tue May 10, 2016 4:33 pm

    BREAKING NEWS (SORT OF): Some Dragons fan on a forum I frequent is saying one of their City/Country players will be out for 6-8 weeks after seeing a specialist for an injury.
    Likely to be either JDB (NOOOO!!!!!) or Frizell. Fan's source was deliberately cryptic to avoid losing their job. #watchthisspace
    avatar
    Bren
    Moderator

    Posts : 8632
    Reputation : 1406
    Join date : 2015-09-16

    Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

    Post by Bren on Tue May 10, 2016 4:37 pm

    @Johnny B Goode wrote:BREAKING NEWS (SORT OF): Some Dragons fan on a forum I frequent is saying one of their City/Country players will be out for 6-8 weeks after seeing a specialist for an injury.  
    Likely to be either JDB (NOOOO!!!!!) or Frizell. Fan's source was deliberately cryptic to avoid losing their job. #watchthisspace
    What a load of shit. Neither player was injured during that game. Crock of shit. Tell the knobhead to give himself an uppercut with a crowbar.

      Current date/time is Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:59 am