NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

Post by EvenSteeden Wed May 11, 2016 6:45 pm

Twice in the past half an hour I've begun to write a post here re a possible trade, only to look at it halfway through and realise it's not a good option.

So thanks FF and everyone here!
    Archer
    Archer

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31

Post by Archer Wed May 11, 2016 6:47 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Very good point, I hadn't thought of that. But its like those games they teach in economics. It works if and only if everyone plays along, but as soon as one club looks after themselves at the expense of the whole then it comes unstuck.

That being said how do salaries/contracts work. I.e. does whoever signs Peats have to pick up his Eels contract? Or can that contract be scrapped and then a new one renegotiated with who ever signs him?

Well I'm no expert but as its a contract, I assume that unless the player and club both agree to cancel the contract it would still stand (the player is entitled to that pay and the club can't make him take any less unless its a legitimate sacking for a breach of contract or something). For this reason I think clubs effectively buy the contract from the old club and just pay out whatever is left on that for the remainder, until a new contract starts.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 11, 2016 6:52 pm

Haha swift work Archer, wish i had a player problem like that to be fair.

I think im going to leave my WFB and CTRs for the rest of the year, concentrate on the rest.

Holland, Ferguson, Lolohea, Gutherson
    Munster, Semi, Mitchell, Scott, Feeney

There has to be worse going round correct?

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 6:52 pm

To trade in POD or not to POD, that is the question.

Looking at DFinucane/BThompson but will probably go JGraham/JBromwich

JDeBelin being out threw a spanner in the works this week

Next week THarris if DPP and JFriend in
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Boozecluez wrote:To trade in POD or not to POD, that is the question.

Looking at DFinucane/BThompson but will probably go JGraham/JBromwich

JDeBelin being out threw a spanner in the works this week

Next week THarris if DPP and JFriend in
    I have Harris and Finucane, with a view to bring in PODene (stealing that nickname whoever used it first sorry, that's gold) towards the end of the bye period as he doesn't really seem like his price will be fluctuating all that much.
    Therefore go Graham and Bromwich Razz . But seriously, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys, it would all depend on what fits bye wise for you (and for that reason Graham's probably a better choice for you?)
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 11, 2016 7:01 pm

Archer wrote:

Well I'm no expert but as its a contract, I assume that unless the player and club both agree to cancel the contract it would still stand (the player is entitled to that pay and the club can't make him take any less unless its a legitimate sacking for a breach of contract or something). For this reason I think clubs effectively buy the contract from the old club and just pay out whatever is left on that for the remainder, until a new contract starts.

Yeah thats what I figured, cheers. In which case its not like clubs are gonna be able to get a cheaper and cheaper price the closer this thing gets to kick-off. Wouldn't be surprised then if Peats doesn't find a home and the Eels lose the chance to win 2 more points.... Nothing over here in NZ re the Warriors rumour either as far as I can see. I can't see why we would want him to be honest, unless Luke is gonna bail on his contract due to family reasons perhaps?

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Archer wrote:
    I have Harris and Finucane, with a view to bring in PODene (stealing that nickname whoever used it first sorry, that's gold) towards the end of the bye period as he doesn't really seem like his price will be fluctuating all that much.
    Therefore go Graham and Bromwich Razz . But seriously, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those guys, it would all depend on what fits bye wise for you (and for that reason Graham's probably a better choice for you?)

Yeah there is no wrong reason for any of them, just juggling things and working it all out.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Wed May 11, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi everybody! Took a break from Fantasy over the rep week to lower my blood pressure, but doc says I'm all good to go again now! So JDB is out? I read somewhere 6 weeks so that's a sell I suppose but also looking at getting rid of Mick Gordon that Fuckwit. Want Tohu Harris in my team, so JDB or Gordon to Harris?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Yeah thats what I figured, cheers. In which case its not like clubs are gonna be able to get a cheaper and cheaper price the closer this thing gets to kick-off. Wouldn't be surprised then if Peats doesn't find a home and the Eels lose the chance to win 2 more points.... Nothing over here in NZ re the Warriors rumour either as far as I can see. I can't see why we would want him to be honest, unless Luke is gonna bail on his contract due to family reasons perhaps?

Well actually, I maybe misled you a little there, I was talking about it purely from the players perspective really. In the negotiation the new club wouldn't necessarily have to take the entirety of the players contract. He will still be paid that same amount sure, but the clubs may negotiate that the old club still pays 20% of that amount whilst the new club pays the remaining 80%. As such it's entirely possible that the longer it goes on and the more pressure that builds on the Eels, the greater the chance a club can get a Bargain. Of course the limiting factor is Eels can't continue paying him too much or they wouldn't get below the cap.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Wed May 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Archer wrote:

Well actually, I maybe misled you a little there, I was talking about it purely from the players perspective really. In the negotiation the new club wouldn't necessarily have to take the entirety of the players contract. He will still be paid that same amount sure, but the clubs may negotiate that the old club still pays 20% of that  amount whilst the new club pays the remaining 80%. As such it's entirely possible that the longer it goes on and the more pressure that builds on the Eels, the greater the chance a club can get a Bargain. Of course the limiting factor is Eels can't continue paying him too much or they wouldn't get below the cap.  

Ah Ok. Does that 20% (for example) still count towards their cap though?
    Archer
    Archer

Post by Archer Wed May 11, 2016 7:14 pm

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

Ah Ok. Does that 20% (for example) still count towards their cap though?
    Yeah it would.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 11, 2016 7:20 pm

Peachey is a trap right? Razz
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Wed May 11, 2016 7:22 pm

What are Gordon owners doing? Anyone holding? If he doesn't start performing, his price will drop heavily over the next few weeks.

I've started to look at Vai Toutai as a possible alternative. Frees up $125k and he might get games when Jennings is playing Origin. Should make some cash and then dump him after Origin. I've got 24 trades going into this week so I'm doing OK for trades I think.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:What are Gordon owners doing? Anyone holding? If he doesn't start performing, his price will drop heavily over the next few weeks.

I've started to look at Vai Toutai as a possible alternative. Frees up $125k and he might get games when Jennings is playing Origin. Should make some cash and then dump him after Origin. I've got 24 trades going into this week so I'm doing OK for trades I think.

24 trades!!

Embarassed Embarassed
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 11, 2016 8:11 pm

Archer wrote:
    Well Dugan will play well against us, its a given, so he stays.

Croker should have a good game as well and seems to be hitting a bit of form, I'd keep him in also (but factor in my love for the bloke and team).

Munster should be a certainty I'd say.

So that leaves Mitchell & Holland (and possibly Croker if you don't trust my bias). I'd personally be taking Mitchell and leaving Holland out as Tigers are so unpredictable who knows whether Holland will go huge or have a quiet game, whereas Mitchell should score decently regardless I'd think.

Edit: Derp, missed Barba in that list O_o, hmm against the Knights though I'd keep him in.

Damn, astute breakdown- cheers bud.
    I would normally leave Barba out, but against the knights he surely finds a try somewhere there. I think I agree with the Holland choice.
    Come on Manners!
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 11, 2016 8:13 pm

I love Paul Kent. There I said it. Total cowboy, mad-dawg extraordinaire.
    In contrast, James Hooper is a brown-nosing, fart sniffer.

Agree, disagree?

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2016 8:18 pm

League update for people Smile  Can't load any more so apologies if I have missed anyone

Helpful for people trying to work out how close they are from the leaders or the next place above them.
    That even a few hundred points behind you aren't completely out of it.

Just noticed my little old blog is about to hit 3000 views so put this together as a thank you.
    This is coming from someone who started about as close to the bottom as you could after round 1.

So don't give up as anything is possible, as you can see below that we are all on this fantasy roller coaster.

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Round_44

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Overal11
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Overal12
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Overal13
    2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 31 - Page 16 Overal14

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed May 11, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Wed May 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Aw man, I was the first person to miss out on the first page.
    I am the biggest loser of all! Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Pookus McFly on Wed May 11, 2016 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 11, 2016 8:25 pm

I am glad you can't see my score. 

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
    OnTheLast
    OnTheLast

Post by OnTheLast Wed May 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Cake Tiger wrote:What are Gordon owners doing? Anyone holding? If he doesn't start performing, his price will drop heavily over the next few weeks.

I'm selling. The rot has got to stop.

Luckily I had my NPR Taylor sitting in my halves so cashed him out for Lamb...which then allowed me to go Gordon to Munster.

Booozecluez how do I add my team to the scoreboard?

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm