NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 29

Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 29 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 29

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:38 am

Anyone know when we might get clarification on who will start in the halves for the knights. saw the rumours earlier this week that it looks like lamb will get the gig, but with panthers playing before hand and TMM being my trade out I can't wait till the team lists come out. And reversing the trade from uncertainty means I can't do my planned trade as I need the cash, and my back up trade is TMM to Norman but that would have to be done tonight. Arhhh fuck this Bang
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 29 - Page 14 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 29

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:39 am

i think its almost certain that brock lamb will start in the halves.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:40 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:

I can't seem to get the rankings to work properly. What was the max score? I did ok with 511, but quite a way off the max I would think.

522 won it. You were closer than me and my 502.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:44 am

my tv broke wrote:i think its almost certain that brock lamb will start in the halves.

cheers
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:46 am

As a SJ owner, can't say I'm overly confident at the moment.

With Widdop, I was thinking about him 2 weeks ago due to his price and I had him in a draft league last year, and he put up some good scores.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:47 am

NRL.com late mail saying that Parcell is a certain starter. Api 50/50. Dunno where they got that from.
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am

Milchcow wrote:

522 won it.  You were closer than me and my 502.

Really? Close then. I thought I was seeing the Kiwi ranking list. I came 52nd.

Was Rankin not an option at half? or was it just that no-one selected him? Thats why I thought I was quite some way off. Oh well, so close yet so far. Is there a prize for round winners? Kiwis are probably not eligible huh!
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:04 am

White Lightning wrote:

I might bring in Widdop as part of my Macca trade:

Macca out - Hodgson in
    Hastings out - Widdop in

I can see Widdop scoring 70+.

For one week... maybe... and then what?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:05 am

wolfking wrote:As a SJ owner, can't say I'm overly confident at the moment.

With Widdop, I was thinking about him 2 weeks ago due to his price and I had him in a draft league last year, and he put up some good scores.

With the team the Warriors are running out with their only chance is if Johnson does it all himself, which hopefully means he'll run the ball a lot more. That's what I'm hoping anyway...
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:07 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:

auva'a looked a lot more involved than the past few weeks in my opinion. scored a try but didn't really do anything major points wise from it which I suppose is good news as it means his score isn't inflated.

moses pulled a hammy??? in warmups and got ruled out just before the teams ran out. Claw played 5/8

quad I think, auva'a actually looked like he broke two or three tackles outside of the two he got when he scored the try and had people touching him, but that is an anomaly because it was the Tigers defense he was up against.

He was pretty shit and missed more than the two tackles they gave him just in the first half. That dried up when Teddy went off at halftime. He will go back to scoring less than 20 next week. Or out of the team altogether if Johnston back.
    Arsenalbroncos

Post by Arsenalbroncos Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Anyone know when we might get clarification on who will start in the halves for the knights. saw the rumours earlier this week that it looks like lamb will get the gig, but with panthers playing before hand and TMM being my trade out I can't wait till the team lists come out. And reversing the trade from uncertainty means I can't do my planned trade as I need the cash, and my back up trade is TMM to Norman but that would have to be done tonight. Arhhh fuck this Bang

The idea I have (isn't perfect) is seeing if lamb plays 20's. I figure if lamb plays first grade he'll start. No point having him on the bench.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

With the team the Warriors are running out with their only chance is if Johnson does it all himself, which hopefully means he'll run the ball a lot more. That's what I'm hoping anyway...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking haha.

The Wacko Whispers is up with all late mail. I'm unable to post a link but;

Eels vs Bulldogs

Eels have been dealt a massive blow with Kieran Foran granted leave due to personal issues, it’s expected Cornish would come into side but he is a left sided half but will have to play right side but in a positive for Eels Club Captain Tim Mannah will be a late inclusion starting at prop replacing Alvaro who will drop out of 17. Bulldogs only possible change would be Faitala-Mariner replacing Garvey on bench, no other late changes expected.

Panthers vs Raiders

Panthers have lost Whare who injured knee at training mid-week with it suspected to be ACL which would rule him out for rest of season, this will mean a reshuffle with Yeo moving to centre Peachey starting with mail around that Nathan Cleary will make NRL debut coming of bench, McKendry will drop off extended bench due to suspension. Raiders expected to be 1-17 but do have Bateman is doubt due to flu with FPN on standby should he be ruled out. No other late changes expected with Austin not expected to be late inclusion but will be back in Rd 10 after Rep Bye Weekend.

Roosters vs Knights

Roosters expected to be 1-17 with JWH and Pearce playing there 1st games for 2016 season, there is some mail around that Robinson could drop Hastings for Matterson but with Pearce back I expect Hastings to be given a few games to see how his combination with Pearce goes before making that decision. Knights will have a few changes, Mataora won’t play due to suspension with Stockwell or Paea starting at Prop, Jacob Saifiti is expected to be rested with Stockwell or Paea coming onto bench for him. Daniel Saifiti will drop to bench with Bhana starting as per last week and Brock Lamb will make his NRL at 5/8 replacing Pearsell who will drop out of 17.

Sea Eagles vs Cowboys

Sea Eagles will be without Stewart (hamstring) and T.Trbojevic (ankle) but they also have doubts over Koroisau (ribs), Brown (knee), Williame (leg), Symonds (leg) and Matai (shoulder), final make up of team will be decided at training on Saturday. I expect to see Parcell come into 17 at hooker with Koroisau moving into halves with Walker to play FB and Wright on wing. Cowboys expected to be 1-17 with no late changes, Asiata will travel as 18th man

Warriors vs Dragons

Warriors Coach Andrew McFadden has dropped 6 players due to failing to attend team meeting on Tuesday. Matulino, Vatevai, Lisone, Vete, Hurrell and Thompson. Allwood will play wing with Lane replacing Thompson on edge, with Gavet, Sipley and Lousi will play FRF role with Lousi expected to start, so bench would be Sipley, Gavet, Tevaga and Palavi. Dragons will have a few changes with Thompson out to due suspension, Matthews would start in 2RF. They also have a number of players in doubt with Rein (concussion), Milne (concussion), Frizell (thumb), Aitken (quad) and Lafai (knee), Dragons fly over to New Zealand on Friday and will have their Captains run in New Zealand on Saturday morning. Benji has completed all training this week and will come in at half replacing McCrone but McCrone could replace Rein at hooker if ruled out, Mann could come into 17 if Lafai is ruled out.

Titans vs Storm

Titans will have 1 change with Ash Taylor to replace Cullen in halves, he will have final fitness test on Saturday morning, no other late changes expected. Storm have both Koroibete (ankle) and Tonumaipea (knee) in doubt, if both are ruled out Harris would move into centres with K.Bromwich starting and White coming onto bench, Hampton would also come into at centre with Kennar moving out to wing.

Sharks vs Broncos

Sharks expected to be 1-17 with only doubt being Bukuya who will have to pass concussion tests to play. Broncos will be without Adam Blair due to suspension with Thaiday coming into start at prop with either Ese’ese or Tevita Pangai to come onto bench, no other late changes expected

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:12 am

What position does Nathan Cleary play?
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:14 am

Also am I correct in saying norman is predominately left side attack and foran was right side?
    I actually think more will go through Norman now and this will benefit semi and be detrimental to gutherson. Is gutherson worth keeping around just for the byes?

My question is are these trades OK:

TMM to Matterson (insurance against Hastings being dropped, ideally Hastings would play)
    Gutherson to BJ Leilua

or am I better off to go

TMM to Norman
    Gutherson to B Lamb
    Warriors
    Warriors

Post by Warriors Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:15 am

wolfking wrote:What position does Nathan Cleary play?

Half, goalkicking good too but Sowy and Moylan would be in front I would think. Bench Half won't score enough you would think. Panthers have shit byes to, 12 and 15 I think
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:17 am

If Hastings gets dropped who would you pick?

A. Matterson
    B. Brock Lamb/Pearsall
    C. ARey
    D. DCE
    E. Pearce
    F. Kodi Nikorima
    G. AE (save a trade)
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:17 am

filthridden wrote:

For one week... maybe... and then what?

Hope he continues on his merry way & he plays round 12. Hastings will revert to the supporting role & his scores will decline plus Matterson is lurking even though I expect Hsstings to start.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:18 am

I'm gonna see how the Eels go tonight before coming to those conclusions. Dogs to come out strong after last time. Guth shouldn't lose much money anyway. I certainly wouldn't have him in my 17 though.

I think the Matterson trades are a bit premature, but you never know.

I went BJ though.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:22 am

Chewie wrote:If Hastings gets dropped who would you pick?

A. Matterson
    B. Brock Lamb/Pearsall
    C. ARey
    D. DCE
    E. Pearce
    F. Kodi Nikorima
    G. AE (save a trade)

I would buy a round 12 half.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:24 am

Hey guys.

Finally logged in on mobile.

Sorry to hear about your friend Lukeaye.

Let's see how accurate he is with Walker playing FB.

With either Ese’ese or Tevita Pangai to come onto bench. $1 each way it looks like.

Hope Cullen plays and Harris doesn't move to the CTRs.

@Warriors

I bought in BJ and Matterson this week. Don't copy me thanks.

Current date/time is Mon Jun 03, 2024 6:43 am