NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Mary blew more than the dragons have scored.

Mary blew more than the dragons have scored. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mary blew more than the dragons have scored.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Krump wrote:
    You'd think so but the fact is there are no 2 instances where the equation is the same. The fact is unless you use an analyser your not serious about it and I'd be willing to bet that anyone who doesn't use one has driven over the limit at some point.

I disagree. I have never used a breathalyzer and I always eat a solid meal either before or during drinking. If I know I am going to be driving I will not drink whatsoever.
    Krump
    Krump

Mary blew more than the dragons have scored. - Page 2 Empty Re: Mary blew more than the dragons have scored.

Post by Krump Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:00 pm

Bren wrote:

I disagree. I have never used a breathalyzer and I always eat a solid meal either before or during drinking. If I know I am going to be driving I will not drink whatsoever.
    Not aimed people who abstain completely. I think there are some people on here though who'd be horrified if they got breatho'd when they thought they were sober 12 hours after having a drink.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:40 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:Take your point Krumpy on how easy it can happen to people the morning after.  However, anyone who is serious about never driving over the limit will do the maths not only on the night of drinking, but also the next morning.  The equation is identical in both instances.
    You'd think so but the fact is there are no 2 instances where the equation is the same. The fact is unless you use an analyser your not serious about it and I'd be willing to bet that anyone who doesn't use one has driven over the limit at some point.

I'm talking about the 2 standard drinks 1st hour and one thereafter being the same. That doesn't change between when you drive straight after drinking or whether you sleep before then driving. If you stick by it then you can't go wrong. Unless you are one of the outliers of course in regards size or metabolic rate.

I have 2 "one use only" devices in my glove box. Bought them from the Chemist and they have been in there for years. I count every drink I have every single time I drink. Always so have never needed to use them as I have always stayed on the right side of the equation.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:43 pm

SI wrote:
    I have 2 "one use only" devices in my glove box.  Bought them from the Chemist and they have been in there for years.

Time to throw away those condoms dont you think?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Mary cops heavy fine.
    Move along.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:50 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:
    I have 2 "one use only" devices in my glove box.  Bought them from the Chemist and they have been in there for years.

Time to throw away those condoms dont you think?

Laugh 3

Wow, how did I set myself up for that Embarassed

Funny story which is very off topic, when my parents were on holiday once about 10 years ago they left their car at my place and I was on a promise with a nut case I had just met. Bought a sixer of rubbers at the servo on the way there and left half of them in there and forgot to get them out. My Dad rang me a week later just to let me know he had found them before my Mum and disposed of them discretely.

My Mum is very religious and very conservative.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:53 pm

Krump wrote:
    So glass fucking houses, he wasn't driving home from the pub pissed as a newt it was 9 hours after his last drink.

Trust me when I say you don't have to hungover to blow numbers. I've proven it with friends multiple times, you can feel perfectly fine and still blow numbers. He also wasn't on the way home it was the next day.

I'm not saying it wasn't stupid and he doesn't deserve to be punished but he shouldn't be crucified either.

If the bloke has a massive night the night before (and he must have - as he is a big fucking bloke who would have to sink a shit load of piss for it to still be pushing him over 12 hours later) then he shouldnt have been driving the next day.
    He's a grown fucking adult and everyone who drinks knows that its still in your system the next day (and if you dont know that, youre a fucking moron).

He should be punished for it and I wouldnt be surprised if he loses his job because of his own ignorance and stupidity.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:05 pm

SI wrote:

I'm talking about the 2 standard drinks 1st hour and one thereafter being the same.  That doesn't change between when you drive straight after drinking or whether you sleep before then driving.  If you stick by it then you can't go wrong.  Unless you are one of the outliers of course in regards size or metabolic rate.

I have 2 "one use only" devices in my glove box.  Bought them from the Chemist and they have been in there for years.  I count every drink I have every single time I drink.  Always so have never needed to use them as I have always stayed on the right side of the equation.
    I do the same thing and it's mostly right(also the reason I drink gold), any sort of dehydration can totally stuff it though so water intake is important as well. The 2 things that surprised me when I got my breatho were how much more than that I could drink and still be well under 0.05 and how long it stayed in my system after my last one.
    I had mate blow 0.02 at 12.00pm after stopping at 11.00pm the night before, no hangover, eating the night before and breakfast that day as well as going swimming for 2 hours. He was positive he was under but was on his P's so I got him to blow and sure enough if he'd been pulled over goodbye licence.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:23 pm

Krump wrote:

I do the same thing and it's mostly right(also the reason I drink gold), any sort of dehydration can totally stuff it though so water intake is important as well. The 2 things that surprised me when I got my breatho were how much more than that I could drink and still be well under 0.05 and how long it stayed in my system after my last one.
    I had mate blow 0.02 at 12.00pm after stopping at 11.00pm the night before, no hangover, eating the night before and breakfast that day as well as going swimming for 2 hours. He was positive he was under but was on his P's so I got him to blow and sure enough if he'd been pulled over goodbye licence.

Same reason I drink Gold as well, although we all know you have a little bit of Queenslander in you :pp:  I even sometimes even grab Hahn Premium Light at .8 of a standard drink to give me that little extra buffer if I am going out.  But yeah, I drink mids whether I am home or not/driving or not.  You and I are both bigger than the average they based the standard on too which gives that little more leeway.

The reason pissy driving frustrates me is if blokes like you and I who love a beer can use common sense and think about it and take precautions, why can't everyone.  I had mid week beers at the pub last week and somehow my last drink ended up being a pint of Gold instead of a middy.  So nearly twice as much in that one drink.  So as I had allready had 3 middy's in 2 hours I only drank half the pint.  That is the decision that people who actually give a fuck make verses those who don't, but then plead ignorance later on when they get caught.  

I have been at barby's where mates have literally drunk 12 cans of Beam in 3 or 4 hours and then jump in their cars.  The same blokes who love to have a jibe at me and the others doing the right thing about drinking "lolly water".

So when I see someone like Mary get done it makes me think he doesn't give a fuck either.  Mary is a lot bigger than us height wise, although he probably weighs the same I guess but he must have been deadset smashed the night before which should have rung alarm bells when he made the decision the next morning.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:31 pm

Krump wrote:
    Totally agree. Unless you own a reliable breath tester or don't drink there is a very high chance you've done this at some point. If you don't believe me go buy a good quality tester and check for yourself.

This guy. He makes sense.

For me, having a low range reading the day after isnt something to lose your job over, Ffs. In Victoria they had 0.08, didn't they? So this isn't even an incident (haven't checked in years, so forgive me if I'm wrong) in some states.

Anyone trying to equate the intent of driving home knowing they're pissed vs sleeping a full night and getting up the next day and blowing minutely over is just test driving halos.

Sure, he'll be punished (and rightly so), but to be crucified to extent of losing their job for some arbitrary limit that changes depending which side of the border you're on is just a witch hunt

He'll lose his licence, pay a bigger fine than the rest of us could expect, and that should be it.

(getting off my high horse, it'd be interesting to see the bar tab from his function). Also, if he's lying about anything, all bets are off!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:53 pm

The problem I have is he's the coach. The leader, he needs to know better. You can't do this as a coach, your integrity has been compromised and that's extremely hard to get passed.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:06 pm

Honeysett wrote:The problem I have is he's the coach. The leader, he needs to know better. You can't do this as a coach, your integrity has been compromised and that's extremely hard to get passed.

I get that. But surely in a world where we respect intelligence, and abhor the cheap, easy "out", we can differentiate between someone making what appears to be a slight error of judgement, and someone ditching a car and bolting for it in fear of getting caught?

He's getting punished, and is copping a penalty that's out of line of what you or I would get. Is there any reason to drop the full hammer on the guy?

I actually respect your opinion, so don't get me wrong. I just have a different one.

Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:42 pm

Likewise I respect yours as well mate, I think this does long term damage to the way the players respect him. It's damaging to his reputation. They might not sack him now but it's going to have a negative effect at the club that down the line you could pin point this as the moment he started to lose the players.
    Dip

Post by Dip Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:08 pm

So this happened Saturday night before the game on Monday right? Leaving aside the drink driving debate I'd think you'd want to set an example for his players. What would his reaction be if a player was drinking all day 2 days before a game?
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:40 am

Got a mate with a breathalyser (a good one that gets sent away to be calibrated every few months). I spent yesterday from lunch to midnight on the sauce.

This morning at 10am? 0.011

Mary must have been on the schnapps or something!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:00 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Got a mate with a breathalyser (a good one that gets sent away to be calibrated every few months).  I spent yesterday from lunch to midnight on the sauce.

This morning at 10am? 0.011

Mary must have been on the schnapps or something!

Haha, I meant to do this as well this morning as I had a skinful last night. Might still go and do it actually. Mine are pretty dodgy but, I should get a decent one.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:00 am