NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:29 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:I had decided to trade Inglis. But there are so few cashout options.
    I am thinking of putting in Williame.
    I am a sick man.
    Somebody should talk me out of this! I will hold you all responsible if I do this!
    Don't go with Brayden Wiliame, he is a terrible scorer. Last year in the CTR's he posted some okay scores before posting a 7 and 8 consecutively. I wouldn't pick him as if there is an injury later in the season he could be an AE Nightmare. He has potential to make some cash, but I would grab Addo-Carr. Who while costing a little more ($11k), may be some decent bye cover and then should drop out completely.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26 - Page 38 Empty Re: 2016 NRL.com Fantasy thread part 26

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Also I hate everyone whose team has steadily improved over the weeks. D:
    EvenSteeden
    EvenSteeden

Post by EvenSteeden Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Random wrote:Any news Re: Lawrence or Parcell, or smooth sailing at the moment?

Heard they are on track to play as of this morning, and haven't seen anything updated since then. For what it's worth I'm playing Parcell, but not BLaw

Last edited by EvenSteeden on Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:30 pm

Random wrote:Any news Re: Lawrence or Parcell, or smooth sailing at the moment?

This will be the icing on the cake of the annual Round of Death I reckon.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:31 pm

apparently sea eagles have signed matthew wright immediately. i'd say he would take wiliame's spot.

re tonights match, hell of a lot of rumours:
    apparently james roberts out (wife in labour)
    tyrell is definitely out. turner and tom burgess also rumoured (no confirmation).
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:33 pm

Mr Fernando wrote:Wacko reporting James Roberts' wife has gone into labour and he won't be playing...

And there we go, that's 1. I don't have him but just got that feeling there will be a few late withdrawals.

And the irony is if Roberts had have been a late withdrawal, he wouldn't be a late withdrawal. See what I did there everyone? The fact I have to point it out says how shit a Dad joke it was but.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:33 pm

filthridden wrote:Smith (c), (Friend)
    Surgess, JDB
    Parker, Carter, Fensom (Whitehead, Taupau)
    Barba, Hastings
    Holland, Dugan
    Tedesco, Addo-Carr, T-Turbo, (Mitchell)

NPRs include Taylor and Saifiti and no idea if they'll play or not but I'm leaving them out just in case.
    HOK/FRF/2RF looking really good. (Sticking to your guns with Carter?)

The other positions looking a little shaky. Hollan has been great so it should be fine in the CTR's, Addo-Carr a worry as he is playing on the wing. Other than that some decent if not left field options. Barba has been playing great but would prefer to see an actual and consistent HLF there. Your team is looking good, I would say Saifiti off the bench is a trade as he has peaked. But he shouldn't lose much if you want to wait and see.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:37 pm

SI wrote:

And there we go, that's 1.  I don't have him but just got that feeling there will be a few late withdrawals.

And the irony is if Roberts had have been a late withdrawal, he wouldn't be a late withdrawal.  See what I did there everyone?  The fact I have to point it out says how shit a Dad joke it was but.

souths price has come in by a dollar at the books. i cant imagine that is only due to silly souths fans and their eyes lighting up at their odds.. guess we will find out soon enough.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:38 pm

SI wrote:

And there we go, that's 1.  I don't have him but just got that feeling there will be a few late withdrawals.

And the irony is if Roberts had have been a late withdrawal, he wouldn't be a late withdrawal.  See what I did there everyone?  The fact I have to point it out says how shit a Dad joke it was but.

lol!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:44 pm

charliemurphy wrote:Taylor to Hunt
    Turner to Ese'ese

150k in bank.

Team this week:
    Peats/Parcell
    Graham/McGuire
    Surgess/JDB/Fensom/Taupau/Whitehead
    Johnson/Hunt/Hastings
    CLaw/Holland
    Mansour/Barba/Mitchell

Gonna turn Hastings into Norman, BLaw/Jaifiti into Mannering, Parcell into Hodgson before rd 12.

Trades seem decent especially with Turner looking like he is out. Why are you trading Hastings out, or is it more after you see how he goes with Pearce?

HOK: Strong pairing, Parcell could have 1 more week before he shares duties which aren't good. Would you pull the trigger on that trade sooner? I also don't like the trade in general. Is Hodgson a keeper for the year or do you want Smith/Friend? Because if so you are effectively burning two trades when you could bring in Smith. (Who compliments Peats' byes perfectly.)
    FRF: Guns o'plenty
    2RF: Incredibly strong, no issues or complaints. Parker, Gallen and Mannering only noticeable omissions and that isn't too bad.
    HLF: That is a really strong pairing and Norman over the bye rounds is great. 
    CTR: Lawrence is going great and making cash. Wish I started with him. Holland has been scoring well, but I am still on the fence about playing him.
    WFB: Strong back 3 no issues with any of them.

Looking really good all the way through, I still think you should consider an alternative to the Hodgson trade,.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:45 pm

SI wrote:

Ooh ooh I get it!
    You mean if he pulled out of his wife he wouldn't be pulling out of this match!
    (or perhaps if his wife had just pulled him instead?)

comedy gold. 5 stars to you, SI!
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:47 pm

SI wrote:

I think you'll actually find the original late withdrawal caused this late withdrawal......you fucked up your own Dad joke SI.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:
    SI wrote:

I think you'll actually find the original late withdrawal caused this late withdrawal......you fucked up your own Dad joke SI.

So after analysing your post I have come to the conclusion that it could have been taken both ways. If only James Roberts had analysed his wi...
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:01 pm

SI wrote:

So after analysing your post I have come to the conclusion that it could have been taken both ways.  If only James Roberts had analysed his wi...

Are you suggesting if James Roberts had taken it both ways he wouldn't have withdrawl problems?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm bracing myself for a 10k drop in rankings tonight with the broncos playing...

no bronco on my team Dead Horse
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Shanbon wrote:Team this week

Hodgson Peats
    Fifita Paulo Evans
    Burgess Cartwright Mataora
    Johnson Mbye Hastings
    Aubbuson Hunt Holland
    Barba Gordon Mitchell

Got NPRs like Lawrence Safiti Taylor PatMat Gutherson and 24 trades left. Undecided if i upgrade Taylor to Hunt or similar or Lawrence to James/JDB/Mannering. Just cant see any decent cash outs atm
    HOK: Looking strong, as I mentioned before the Smith/Peats pair is more attractive to me but you should be fine.
    FRF: Paulo is averaging well, but he is almost at peak price. Now I can see you wanting to keep him for Origin, but still he will be on average down by 10-20 points on most other guns. Evans is going alright he should have some more cash rises, at least a couple weeks with Cordner and JWH returning to cause a reshuffle for the Roosters pack. If he scores like last week he is great, otherwise again I think he may be a little off the pace.
    2RF: How do you feel about Cartwrights scoring? If he gets negatives out of his game it could be good, but he could be this years Ryan James. Keep in mind Mataora could be close to peaking in the next couple weeks as well.
    HLF: I would rather see B. Hunt or A. Reynolds just to add some consistency to your HLF's but on weeks they both fire.. Well you will be sky rocketing up the ranks.
    CTR: More for my benefit, how are you handling Aubbs and Holland. I have both but only Aubbs in my 17 this week. Aubbs getting to the point where he could become a trade, do you have faith in Holland to hold his spot for you, or are you content holding Aubbs until he posts a bad score?
    WFB: Looks really solid, because it is the same as my own.

Lawrence is making you cash still, or at least should. Saifiti shouldn't lose much this week. (Though I traded him.) Taylor hurts this week but again he can still make some cash. I would say hold off but upgrade Lawrence soon. Mannering could potentially drop a little more this week. (Or so I hope.) So he could be an alright pick up next week for Lawrence if he under performs, or potentially Mataora if he has peaked. If you are looking at cash outs you don't necessarily need to go for another cashcow. You can go with someone risky like Herman as the red dot wont be a problem later in the year. If you go for cashcows/cheapies who may stick around it could force unwarranted trades later on.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    SI wrote:

So after analysing your post I have come to the conclusion that it could have been taken both ways.  If only James Roberts had analysed his wi...

Are you suggesting if James Roberts had taken it both ways he wouldn't have withdrawl problems?

I was going to make a Dad and Darius joke but I'll pull out of it. If only James Ro...
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:07 pm

White Lightning wrote:
    charliemurphy wrote:Haven't looked at my trades too much after the initial trade because I don't want to panic about anything, but I need some advice on my Turner to Alvaro trade. Taylor to Hunt is my other one, but has anyone else looked at him as an option?

re Alvaro. Once Mannah returns he could revert to to 20 minute bench player.
    This is the exact thing that has scared me off from Alvaro. He would be amazing playing big minutes.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:08 pm

Addo-Carr vs Littlejohn

Who is more likely to play the origin rounds?
    m0nty (FanLeague)
    m0nty (FanLeague)

Post by m0nty (FanLeague) Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:09 pm

Huh, so with Roberts and Taylor out, my fourth R has to go to Gutherson, Jaifiti, Bateman, Bhana or PatMat. Not sure there's anywhere near a 40 in that lot.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:18 am