NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 pm

filthridden wrote:I thought someone was saying Armstrong was only holding the position until some other ressies fullback was back from injury? Is that not the case and now it's Armstrong's spot to lose?
    I don’t think the info ever said he was holding the position. 

It was more that Sharpe was next in line had he been fit, turns out he wasn’t and the next in line was selected and did pretty well
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 34 - Api Koroisau Fan Club

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 pm

filthridden wrote:I thought someone was saying Armstrong was only holding the position until some other ressies fullback was back from injury? Is that not the case and now it's Armstrong's spot to lose?

That was what Barry Toohey said on Twitter, with said reisses FB due back next week.

But Toohey also said yesterday "If he keeps playing well he will" when asked if Armstrong will hold his spot now, so there's your answer. Whether he keeps playing well is anyone's guess, but he seems to now have incumbency.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:46 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Any thoughts on May + Finefeuiaki to Garrick + Brailey?

Or, better off holding that second trade? Just worried with 22 left. Finefeuiaki probably fine to hold another week, vs the lost cost opportunity of Brailey.

I'm very jealous if a dude starting on an edge with an ankle high BE is your best possible trade out.

FineFucker is staying with me until he has to go
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:48 pm

Pretty much every coach that has followed Bennett into a club has endured a fairly rough ride.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:57 pm

All this talk of tacos makes me wonder if I should trade Smithies to Batman?
    Hold off on Garrick for a week.
    Am I over thinking this? Surely with DCE playing, Manly will romp it in over the Raiders and Garrick will go large again?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:58 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

That was what Barry Toohey said on Twitter, with said reisses FB due back next week.

But Toohey also said yesterday "If he keeps playing well he will" when asked if Armstrong will hold his spot now, so there's your answer. Whether he keeps playing well is anyone's guess, but he seems to now have incumbency.

Reminding me of Papy, was something crazy like 4th string fullback at Storm, but took his chance when he got it.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Any thoughts on May + Finefeuiaki to Garrick + Brailey?

Or, better off holding that second trade? Just worried with 22 left. Finefeuiaki probably fine to hold another week, vs the lost cost opportunity of Brailey.

Do you urgently need a hooker? You already have a decent CTR who could just as easily average close to what Garrick might, in my opinion.

To me it looks like two trades you don't need to make, but I'm not sure of your HOK situation.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:21 pm

Sorensen, Chevy, Talagi (plus Brown) all as red dots this week yet I'm still considering trading Strange or Kris instead of any of those three.

Actually the more I think about it thinking it seems very unlikely Talagi does get the FB spot. Not much experience there and if he is not trusted in the halves right now it's hard to see BA chucking him in at FB. He also played 5/8th in cup last week - the Gutho situation was not exactly out of the blue so you'd think he might get a run at fullback in cup if the plan was to play him there.

All that to say I might just actually bin Talagi.

OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed May 01, 2024 12:26 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Personally -- I like the other one more

I'm so sick of seeing that smug chin with a face attached.

Bring on the the eternally-fresh-from-the-ocean-locks of Mr dream-boat.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 01, 2024 12:44 am

mattnz wrote:

Reminding me of Papy, was something crazy like 4th string fullback at Storm, but took his chance when he got it.

He was 3rd string but close enough.

After Slater retired, Drinkwater was leading the race to get the fullback spot (he had killed it in his debut the year before) before tearing his pec in the trials, which ruled him out until the middle of the season.

Hughes was second string (he had played a few games at fullback in 2018 when Slater was away), and was the incumbent for the first 8 rounds of the 2019 season, doing pretty well for himself.

Papy was the third string fullback, and had played a few bench games before his big break came. As we all know, Maika Sivo knocked out Hughes in the round 9 game (first ever Magic Round too) just after half time and Papy proceeded to fill in and destroy the Eels in 32 minutes.

Interesting to think about how if Drinky hadn't torn his pec, he may have cemented that spot and Papy might have been the one to leave the club instead.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 01, 2024 12:54 am

Bethany_B wrote:

He was 3rd string but close enough.

After Slater retired, Drinkwater was leading the race to get the fullback spot (he had killed it in his debut the year before) before tearing his pec in the trials, which ruled him out until the middle of the season.

Hughes was second string (he had played a few games at fullback in 2018 when Slater was away), and was the incumbent for the first 8 rounds of the 2019 season, doing pretty well for himself.

Papy was the third string fullback, and had played a few bench games before his big break came. As we all know, Maika Sivo knocked out Hughes in the round 9 game (first ever Magic Round too) just after half time and Papy proceeded to fill in and destroy the Eels in 32 minutes.

Interesting to think about how if Drinky hadn't torn his pec, he may have cemented that spot and Papy might have been the one to leave the club instead.

So we just need Ponga to retire and it can all come to fruition
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 01, 2024 1:27 am

BCT05 wrote:Sorensen, Chevy, Talagi (plus Brown) all as red dots this week yet I'm still considering trading Strange or Kris instead of any of those three.

Actually the more I think about it thinking it seems very unlikely Talagi does get the FB spot. Not much experience there and if he is not trusted in the halves right now it's hard to see BA chucking him in at FB. He also played 5/8th in cup last week - the Gutho situation was not exactly out of the blue so you'd think he might get a run at fullback in cup if the plan was to play him there.

All that to say I might just actually bin Talagi.

He did play FB earlier this year in NSW Cup, before getting the callup to play CTR and 5/8

I was thinking Strange before Kris as he's peaked, but now leaning into Kris will never peak whereas the Strange rollercoaster may get you the odd 50. Hold Chevy/Talagi until they both don't get picked at FB hahaha.

I'm also calling up Plath in a shocking reversal of my stance one week ago.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 am

Feeling a bit better about Armstrong now that I've looked up he's 23, and not a teenager like Blaize and Chevy.

Still slight concern that rails will come off at Newy and he gets dumped in two weeks.

If someone would tell us how long Trindall is at rehab I think I'd be all over Atkinson instead. They are a good team that makes minimal team changes.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 01, 2024 1:37 am

robelgordo wrote:Feeling a bit better about Armstrong now that I've looked up he's 23, and not a teenager like Blaize and Chevy.

Still slight concern that rails will come off at Newy and he gets dumped in two weeks.

If someone would tell us how long Trindall is at rehab I think I'd be all over Atkinson instead. They are a good team that makes minimal team changes.
    Hey mate please can you help me with some advice I’d appreciate it….

I can do

May to Plath
    Cheese to Brailey
    Chester to Armstrong

If I get Armstrong first and wait on Garrick it might be better? Garrick BE 30, Armstrong -3 and Brailey 17 BE.

Could then flick Hughes next week to Garrick. Would mean I only have Waddell, Cotter, Plath and Salmon as mids it’s a bit light on isn’t it?

Other option is hold Cheese for round 13 and go…… leaves me with Cotter, Plath, Waddell, Cheese as mids

May to Plath
    Salmon to Brailey
    Chester to Armstrong

Other thing is do I go Atkinson as Armstrong gives me 3 Knights.

TK extremely big on Atkinson on talking League tonight I noticed just like revraiser on here
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed May 01, 2024 1:41 am

At the moment I am going Atkinson over Armstrong because that's who I can afford. Have had a bank for a few weeks. but Hynes last week and Bateman + Garrick this week means its all gone.

If I keep Chevy and ditch Kris I could get Armstrong instead. or if I get Plath instead of Bateman.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 01, 2024 1:48 am

Final decision Atkinson or Armstrong? Armstrong gives me 3 Knights and faster cash gen…. Atkinson a bit slower cash gen but DPP and means just 2 Knights on bye round 12.

Atkinson probs lower ceiling though.

Fuck this round is so hard compared to the previous ones.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 01, 2024 2:17 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Final decision Atkinson or Armstrong? Armstrong gives me 3 Knights and faster cash gen…. Atkinson a bit slower cash gen but DPP and means just 2 Knights on bye round 12.

I would say Atkinson maginally ahead of Armstrong
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed May 01, 2024 2:23 am

Chewie wrote:

I would say Atkinson maginally ahead of Armstrong
    Might wait a week mate and go

May to Plath
    Chester to Garrick
    Cheese to Brailey

Can do Hughes to Atkinson next week so I have a back 5 next week
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 01, 2024 2:33 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Final decision Atkinson or Armstrong? Armstrong gives me 3 Knights and faster cash gen…. Atkinson a bit slower cash gen but DPP and means just 2 Knights on bye round 12.

Here you go mate:

TU: Armstrong - gives me 3 Knights and faster cash gen
    TD: Atkinson - slower cash gen but DPP and means just 2 Knights on bye round 12
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed May 01, 2024 2:35 am

late night P51

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:36 pm