NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:59 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:It might be academic anyway if Fuller is not base price - but if he is, would you prefer

Trai averaged 53 fantasy points last year.

There's no way he comes in at base price, and very little chance he comes in at any price tempting enough to want to buy him
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 30 - I'm not furious, I'm just disappointed

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:00 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:It might be academic anyway if Fuller is not base price - but if he is, would you prefer

Angus & Fuller  TU

or

Foran and Iro  TD

How tight are your funds? Obviously you can't do Angus and Iro, but can you do Angus and Gray?

Not saying that's for everyone, but reading that article yesterday kind of has me leaning towards taking the punt on him next week. If you were also that way inclined you could go a week early on Gray and have a useable loop option this week too?

Very valid point someone made on a SC podcast was that if Fuller has a bad game, Nikorima (with SOS available to cover halves), Averillo, Isaako and even Niu have all had stints at FB in the past and could pretty easily slot in next week.

As Latrell could for Gray in a couple of weeks too, obviously.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm

For interest's sake, I just checked the other competent fantasy peer sites and Fuller is (near?) basement price in both VSDT and SC at $204,300.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Pretty tempted to just jump on Marzhew this week. Still a high break even but a pretty spicy set of games coming up
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:08 pm

BBowler wrote:

Must have used that Lomax money 😅

Haha speaking of which

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-ve-had-that-chat-why-lomax-is-waiting-in-wings-for-maguire-after-taking-centre-stage-20240416-p5fk93.html

Article mainly on how he's on the longlist for a NSW wing position but also he's taken a 200k pay cut over the 4 years to sign at Parra

Really loves playing centre but.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:17 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

How tight are your funds? Obviously you can't do Angus and Iro, but can you do Angus and Gray?

Not saying that's for everyone, but reading that article yesterday kind of has me leaning towards taking the punt on him next week. If you were also that way inclined you could go a week early on Gray and have a useable loop option this week too?

Very valid point someone made on a SC podcast was that if Fuller has a bad game, Nikorima (with SOS available to cover halves), Averillo, Isaako and even Niu have all had stints at FB in the past and could pretty easily slot in next week.

As Latrell could for Gray in a couple of weeks too, obviously.

Yeah I considered Jye Grey but Latrell will be back quite soon and costs a little more.

Overall I am quite happy with my team and it is kind of well balanced but I have splashed out on some guns (3x800k people) and don't have a lot of cash. I could indeed have 21 green dots next week. Maybe I just have to resign myself to the fact that is was a dud move to keep Sitili last week and the Grand Angus has already ridden off into the sunset...

Check out my team tracker if you have any more specific advice bounce
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:22 pm

Finding myself very torn this week about whether to pick up Chester or not. Feels like I could be forcing things but I'm also kind of pre-empting the Raiders bye, where I'll need a CTR. But that's still three weeks away. Wondering if I'm looking too far ahead.

TU - Burbo to Chester for CTR cover.
    TD - Hold Burbo for a week and hope for better trade options next week, and go without any CTR cover.

If I didn't pick up Chester this week I predict the options would be;

Best - painfully, 2K short this week and his price probably gets away now.

Penis - Hoping he drops a bit more, into my price range. But is he worth the $$ this year?

May - hasn't looked like fun from the outside, but dropped a bit in value.

Garrick - he'd be my main target. How far will his price drop is the question, though. It is not impossible that he hits his BE this week against the Titans and does he then not go down much more in price? Wondering if he's worth the wait and see.
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:27 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Finding myself very torn this week about whether to pick up Chester or not. Feels like I could be forcing things but I'm also kind of pre-empting the Raiders bye, where I'll need a CTR. But that's still three weeks away. Wondering if I'm looking too far ahead.

TU - Burbo to Chester for CTR cover.
    TD - Hold Burbo for a week and hope for better trade options next week, and go without any CTR cover.

If I didn't pick up Chester this week I predict the options would be;

Best - painfully, 2K short this week and his price probably gets away now.

Penis - Hoping he drops a bit more, into my price range. But is he worth the $$ this year?

May - hasn't looked like fun from the outside, but dropped a bit in value.

Garrick - he'd be my main target. How far will his price drop is the question, though. It is not impossible that he hits his BE this week against the Titans and does he then not go down much more in price? Wondering if he's worth the wait and see.

I am aiming for Garrick as well next week, im hoping for a 50 point game for a nice little price drop
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:28 pm

Hmm although, I didn't realise Penisini was under 500k
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:29 pm

PhilGouldsChins wrote:Warriors sign JFH, chahoohoo.

Back to premiership contenders, even with AFB gone.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:35 pm

Seeing people trying to hold guys like Campbell.

The next 3 weeks are byes for the NRL teams that are very highly owned in most fantasy teams: Bulldogs, Eels, Raiders.

I would strongly suggest trading out red dots and benched guys like Blaize and Chan to guys that you can play, as the next few weeks are going to be a shit show with so many players out on byes.

I have deliberately started culling players that will impact the next few rounds, now down to 3 Bulldogs, 2 Eels and 1 Raider, with no red dots and my only benched player likely to get limited minutes is Chan (I traded out Levi ahead of him this week due to BE difference).

Last edited by mattnz on Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Any point holding onto Piakura? Have enough spuds and Dogs bye coming up thinking rather hold Sitili than Piakura out next week again
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:39 pm

Two trades so far this week:
    Brbo -> Chester
    Hutch -> Crichton

Considering saving the third trading and holding both of Levi and Campbell for now.

I feel my team could really use a little extra cover at WFB, so I could go either to Iro, but his job security is putting me off a little.

My team for context:
    Cheese
    Hopgood AFB Alpha
    KPP Crichton
    Ni(c)ho Galvin
    Strange Kiraz
    Pappy Ponga Chester

Lussick Flanagan Salmon Fine
    Stewart Levi JC Piakura

Got 26 trades left at the moment, so what does the brains trust think?

TU: Trade in Iro for one of Levi/Campbell
    TD: Bank the trade for another week
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm

Wiremu Trades Gone? wrote:Hmm although, I didn't realise Penisini was under 500k

You won't find a cheaper Penis
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:41 pm

Loomer wrote:Any point holding onto Piakura? Have enough spuds and Dogs bye coming up thinking rather hold Sitili than Piakura out next week again

Sitili is dropped, no easy path back into the team. Piakura just needs to get fit again and the spot is his. Personally I would be trading both though.
    BroncosSabres
    BroncosSabres

Post by BroncosSabres Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 pm

mattnz wrote:

Sitili is dropped, no easy path back into the team. Piakura just needs to get fit again and the spot is his. Personally I would be trading both though.

Isn't Piakura expected back next week? Should be good value for his price still and not taking up loads of cap on the pine. What would be the point of trading him out now?
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:42 pm

mattnz wrote:

Sitili is not named because of concussion protocol
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:43 pm

PhilGouldsChins wrote:Warriors sign JFH, chahoohoo.

That is such a huge signing.
    Made even more impressive by absolutely no leakage to the media from anyone involved...

Quite a different style prop to AFB, but doesn't seem in any way like a downgrade in quality (which probably all of us thought would have to happen)
    Well done Warriors!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:43 pm

Loomer wrote:

Sitili is not named because of concussion protocol

If he gets back in the team, it will be on the bench, will come back with high BE and lose more cash off the bench with a cameo performance.
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:44 pm

While Haas, Reynolds and Piakura are unavailable for Saturday night’s clash against Canberra, the key trio are all expected to be on deck for Brisbane’s round 9 blockbuster against the Roosters on Friday, May 3. (Telegraph)

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:29 pm