NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 am

GreenMachine wrote:

B.Smith pretty good and DPP

Egan !
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu  - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:23 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

For me, it's been:

Moses, Piakura, Rapana, Luki injured (+ Tatola and Campbell this week).

Cotric, Wong, Tupouniua, Chan dropped (+ Talagi this week).

At some point this season I'd just like to make one (1) trade that isn't forced by injury or a player being dropped.

Unrealistic expectations, I know.

For me I've sold the following players

R1: Moses + Kini (eventually injured and dropped but didn't know that at the time)
    R2: Haas + Luki (both injured)
    R3: Piakura + Wong (injured + dropped)
    R4: Burbo + Shitili (same as R1, not forced at the time but would have been later)
    R5: Chan + Flanagan

So basically Flanno's my only genuine green dot that I've sold
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:34 am

mrbrownstone wrote:
    At some point this season I'd just like to make one (1) trade that isn't forced by injury or a player being dropped.

But when that happens then there's nowhere to place blame but on yourself

Signed,
    Morgan "Alpha" Smithies ex-owner
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:41 am

Suaalii more of a option back on the wing, robbo seems to be settling on jennings
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:52 am

Khany wrote:Suaalii more of a option back on the wing, robbo seems to be settling on jennings

That's only because Dom Young is suspended until next week.

Once he's back, Suaalii is going back to centre
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:58 am

GreenSchist wrote:Have people gone cold on Hynes? Doesn't seem to be commanding the ball as much playing next to Trindall and this is likely affecting his scores. Reasonable to expect he might be more of a low 60's player than the mid to high 60's. For $50k less, SJ might be the better option this week (for those that have the luxury of opting for both).

Or are people expecting a bounce back to the normal high 60's.

I'm gonna bite the bullet and bring Hynes in for captaincy, even though Fog did his job the last 3 and I really don't need a half. Figure Hynes can near banner on any given week and go back-to-back and then all doubts are removed for awhile. Could keep waiting and hoping he'll be 850k in a couple of weeks, but then end up trading him in after he banners. I'm just hoping it doesn't screw up my squad balance with Fog, DBrown and Galvin already, but for captaincy it's hard to look past Hynes and hopefully a ~70 average.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:05 am

I'm more and more tempted by Best.

Down 100k on his starting price and the Knights have a nice little run coming up.

Origin is the only concern. Hard to know what way they go with so many options (Burton/Crichton/Staggs/Turbo/Trell/Lomax).
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:12 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I'm gonna bite the bullet and bring Hynes in for captaincy, even though Fog did his job the last 3 and I really don't need a half. Figure Hynes can near banner on any given week and go back-to-back and then all doubts are removed for awhile. Could keep waiting and hoping he'll be 850k in a couple of weeks, but then end up trading him in after he banners. I'm just hoping it doesn't screw up my squad balance with Fog, DBrown and Galvin already, but for captaincy it's hard to look past Hynes and hopefully a ~70 average.

Yea I'm super tempted as well. I have the money and the only other alternative options I'm really interested in are SJ or Hopgood. Like you, I don't need another half (Cleary, Galvin, Brown and now Foran) but his potential to go big could really close the distance on those at the top of the rankings. I also can't keep Captaining McInnes in Cleary's absence, and with players returning from injury, McInnes is unlikely to see big minutes going forward.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:13 am

If only the Knights didn't have a rd12 bye.

Brailey, Marzhew, Best, Cogger all genuine options in addition to KPP and Ponga
    Wiremu Trades Gone?
    Wiremu Trades Gone?

Post by Wiremu Trades Gone? Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:16 am

Mulvy wrote:I don't know if this is old news but;

So it seems too many dickheads are emailing their butthurt to Fanhub and it has taken it's toll. Pull your heads in if you're one of them. The only reason I could see for emailing is maybe, hey, I go for Raiders, I have a team, but you guys won't let me in and make any trades. Sincerely, Fortitude.

If you're emailing about a missed TB, you're a wanker. Anyway, the official release:

Last Updated: 20.30pm AEDT, Tuesday 16 Apr

0 - Latest:

- Stats Inquiries: Due to the growing group of samaritans who are writing in about their take on stats collection, we will only accept correspondence to feedback@nrl.com.au, with a subject line of, "Fantasy Statistics Inquiry". Whilst we appreciate your interest in helping to correct the record, please be aware that we only pass these queries on to the official stats provider and the NRL Football Ops team action. They may or may not review these inquiries. Due to the high volumes of correspondence we receive we may not respond directly to your query, even if we receive notification that it has resulted in a correction. Fantasy-relevant corrections are logged at the bottom of this page.

That's funny as people actually do this? I thought we were all just joking about it
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:19 am

Wiremu Trades Gone? wrote:

That's funny as people actually do this? I thought we were all just joking about it

I've got a warehouse full of Russians sending emails 24/7.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:22 am

I'm ditching Lussick for a more effective Hooker.
    (I know, stupid and sideways)
    Which one is the stronger option?
    Egan (Wahs going well. HIA risk, Origin?)
    Cheese (DPP, no Origin, can fade in and out of games)
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

For me, it's been:

Moses, Piakura, Rapana, Luki injured (+ Tatola and Campbell this week).

Cotric, Wong, Tupouniua, Chan dropped (+ Talagi this week).

Unrealistic expectations, I know.
    Much worse than my run of luck. Surely your luck changes soon!
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 am

Most of us here are only joking, yeah. Pretty sad if you're actually sending emails about a missed stat.

I mentioned last week, but i'm getting a few emails through my website about it, I guess people think I'm the official stats provider.. lol

Last edited by my tv broke on Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:27 am

BCT05 wrote:If only the Knights didn't have a rd12 bye.

Brailey, Marzhew, Best, Cogger all genuine options in addition to KPP and Ponga

If you're running a healthy Emergency, then three players from the Knights is quite manageable.
    I just bought in Brailey (for Liddle) to go alongside KPP and Ponga.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:29 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:I'm ditching Lussick for a more effective Hooker.
    Both Egan and Cheese can easily average less than Lussick in a short period of time. Basically I think it's sideways and I'd only be upgrading Lussick to Robson or Grant at this stage
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 am

Mulvy wrote:I don't know if this is old news but;

So it seems too many dickheads are emailing their butthurt to Fanhub and it has taken it's toll. Pull your heads in if you're one of them. The only reason I could see for emailing is maybe, hey, I go for Raiders, I have a team, but you guys won't let me in and make any trades. Sincerely, Fortitude.

If you're emailing about a missed TB, you're a wanker. Anyway, the official release:

Last Updated: 20.30pm AEDT, Tuesday 16 Apr

0 - Latest:

- Stats Inquiries: Due to the growing group of samaritans who are writing in about their take on stats collection, we will only accept correspondence to feedback@nrl.com.au, with a subject line of, "Fantasy Statistics Inquiry". Whilst we appreciate your interest in helping to correct the record, please be aware that we only pass these queries on to the official stats provider and the NRL Football Ops team action. They may or may not review these inquiries. Due to the high volumes of correspondence we receive we may not respond directly to your query, even if we receive notification that it has resulted in a correction. Fantasy-relevant corrections are logged at the bottom of this page.

That notice has been there a while, possibly it was after Grant didn't get his Try Assist as that seemed to cause a bit of a stir on the socials.
    I do like it when they post explanations of some of the contentious decisions on why they were/weren't given, although understand its probably too time consuming to do every week
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 am

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:I'm ditching Lussick for a more effective Hooker.

I'd hold Lussick at least until Eels bye if you have a few of them. Mid 40s average, so still ~70k value there.

Egan and BSmith both have a tendency to break and paying 70-100k for pretty much the same average. Though I do wish I'd kept BSmith in my starting side Rd 1.
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:42 am

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu  - Page 50 Giphy

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:20 pm